Closed Ghosts and Ghouls

For Aerius

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Ghosts and Ghouls

Postby Alija on January 4th, 2017, 10:37 pm

He was definitely using djed - his aura slowly shrank as he spoke. What could it be? Her mind fell to the magic Elias had given to her in glyphs. Hypnotism? It was possible. But she knew everything she thought was her own. Maybe she was being a bit rash, but he couldn't make her. She was in control. She was always in control and the mantra reassured her, even if it wasn't true.

"In the middle of the night?" Her mind instantly added, 'so no one can see us?'. But this was Sahova and the nuit didn't sleep, so maybe it didn't count. But she was terrified of him, and she was too scared to refuse him, no matter whether it was a good idea or not. She'd just have to be careful. "I will be there."

He spoke again softly, his voice the nicest part of him. He gave her instructions on how to leave, and she listened closely, wondering why he wasn't going to follow them too. Did he actually have business in the graveyard? Strange man. That was nothing to define him, but it was her best try.

A thick mist started growing, a magic mist, it had to be. It was nothing like the one surrounding them, and the way it appeared - the Sorcerer had to be creating it. And she could sense it, too, which was a dead giveaway. Focusing deeper on his aura, she tried to keep a hold of it through the mist. She could see through walls, a tiny bit of mist wouldn't stop her. Despite it growing thickly, she kept his aura in sight, the whole effect spoiled. No more disappearing mysteriously for him. She knew exactly where he was.

She stood there watching him as he left, wondering whether it would be wise to follow him, find out what he was doing. No, that was stupid. She needed to get out of this graveyard, she had to, and following him would only get her more lost. Either he'd notice her, or she'd lose him and then really be lost, with no one to help her. Watching him go until he had disappeared, his aura no longer visible behind the mist, she turned, walking the direction he had given her.

She wondered who had heard of him. The first thing she would be doing once she got out was asking. She needed the upper hand tomorrow night.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Ghosts and Ghouls

Postby Languish on February 28th, 2017, 2:27 am

Here Lies Your Grades

Alija :
Skills Amount
Land Navigation 1
Observation 2
Auristics1
Logic1
Negotiation3

A Hammer is No Good Against a Ghost Sahova Location: The Glannoch Land Navigation: Navigating in Fog Alija: Prefers Life Over Undeath
"Mortal" and "Pulser" are Insults Auristics: Detecting Magic as a Tingling Feeling Negotiation: Giving in on Your Terms Auristics: Detecting Intent as Dust
Negotiation: Force Them to Convince You Negotiation: Hide Your Emotions Alija: Eternity Means Nothing to Me Logic: Must Withhold information for a Reason
Holding a Dead Man's Hand is Uncomfortable The Immortal: An Unsettling Aura Auristics: Tracking Others in Fog Sahova: Debts are Valuable

Notes: I love the way Alija senses auras visually and tactilely, but I would like to see more in-depth descriptions. Instead of "Like magic, but not", perhaps we could see some of the differences?

Aerius :
Skills Amount
Intimidation1
Observation1
Hypnotism2
Logic1
Reimancy 1
Negotiation2

Nothing More Beautiful Than Undeath Mortals Are Careless With Life Hypnotism: Suggestions are Weak but Effective Hypnotism: Emotional Responses, Trust
Using Hypnotism Without Speaking Negotiation: Sealing a Deal Alija: Skilled in Business Reimancy: Combining Air and Water for Mist
Alija: Has a Stronger Sight Sahova: Debts are Valuable Changing Emotions is Pointless Logic: Jewelry Means Wealth

Notes: I noticed a few places that you accidentally capitalized words in the middle of a sentence. For examples, in your first post, you capitalized "Trees" for no discernable reason. Just keep an eye out for those mistakes.

Additional Comments: I loved the tension between characters here. Watching Alija and Aerius each trying to outsmart and outperform each other is very amusing. I can't wait to see where their relationship goes, if anywhere before they're at each other's throats. :P

Don't forget to edit your request in the grading queue to show this thread has been graded. If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me.
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous