And How to stop it.

Continuation of "It's what you don't see"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

And How to stop it.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 13th, 2017, 7:35 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

The strike was deflected in a well-executed manor but she’d always have to be wary of other hits that could potentially take her off guard. That was the purpose of the surprise assault. However her rebuttal to what he’d done was actually enough to catch him off guard, whether it was the small feeling of pride that she’d picked things up so quickly or the fact he just didn’t expect it was unknown but what he knew at that exact moment was that he’d better not drop his guard that much again.

Her hands slammed into his stomach as he doubled over, feeling the air rush out of his chest partially. He drank down a quick breath as her leg came up once again to find purchase on his abdomen from the side. Another hard hit but one he braced for lessening the damage somewhat. And he would have grabbed her leg had he the breath and where with all to do so. Instead she managed to slip back and out of his range. Coughing lightly he groaned as he stood back up. As good as he thought he was nowadays He still had vastly more to learn as she’d just proven.
At his offer of the challenge he watched her mull it over for a good few ticks potentially thinking out what she could get him to do if she won. But again he’d gone down more or less every branch that path offered. To some extent.
“Only one caveat to that, I won’t do something that goes against my moral code. So no killing people. Alright?” He spoke in a half jokey manner half serious one offering the lighter tone as a way of showing he didn’t think she’d do it but just had to be sure. Like he’d been burned one too many times in the past. “If I didn’t think you could do it, then I wouldn’t have offered the challenge. I would have made it much simpler.” He offered a smile before coughing hard enough to clear his throat.

“Right there are two rules. Firstly no weapons. Secondly no armour.” Both were a handicap for him but he knew he had to make this fair somehow. Doffing his leather armour and the weapons harness he wore he tossed them both atop his jacket on the nearby stone. Opening and closing his fingers he turned back to face her one on one. Whistling out a slow breath he fell into stance and the moment she’d readied herself he flashed her a hard look that spoke of him not letting her off easy here.

He then closed the gap this wasn’t In the same way he’d shown her no this was via him ducking down taking a half step in, swinging his hips and then stamping a hard second step in front of her and grinding his foot in place. Trying to show her that there was always more than one path to accomplish the same goal. His right hand would then snap out towards her thigh, looking to stop any kicks before they became a problem his left arm remained up to act as a deflection should he need it, his primary goal was in fact to close in and make her think of a way out of a situation where she couldn’t attack and had little opportunity to retreat.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

And How to stop it.

Postby Phira on January 13th, 2017, 11:14 pm

Timestamp 30 Winter 516
Location Alvadas-Falyndar

When she managed to land almost all the hits she smiled with pride. She had never picked up fighting techniques this fast before, and that gave her the boost of confidence she very much needed. She felt like she could do just about anything, and that contributed to why she accepted his little wager.

She shook her head, ”Well I can’t promise anything, but I don’t plan on anything like that happening.” Her tone matched his in teasing and in seriousness. She wouldn’t ever ask him to kill anyone, and it didn’t matter anyway because she couldn’t think of anyone she didn’t like that much. ”In fact my plans don’t involve anyone but the two of us alone together.” she purred.

She licked one of her fangs and looked him up and down as he explained the rules. She shrugged her shoulders and took off her gloves, throwing them across the clearing to her bag. She bit her bottom lip as he took off his armor, and weapons. Oh yes, she did not plan on losing, and she threw him a look that expressed just that.

She raised her hands up by her face and prepared for a quick strike from him. Because he wasn’t wrong when he said that he was quick and smart on his feet. Instead of attacking her, he trapped her in a way that was hard to attack or escape. She growled, what was she supposed to do now? Wait for him to attack? Because she wasn’t going to let that happen. He was close but she could slide backward like earlier, but she doubted that she could get far enough away; he looked ready to defend both attacks, should she try to. So she had to utilize the ‘good timing’ lesson he had taught her earlier and wait until he was open, or take the hit and hope she could come back from it.

What could she to do? What would she do if this were happening any other day? Like that night back in Sunberth? She was too scared to let her instincts take over, and do anything. But right now her instincts were telling her to get to higher ground. She mentally laughed, but she doubted that was right. Well nothing was getting done by standing here and thinking about it. So she jabbed out with her left hand at his left side, and then quickly followed up by her right one higher up towards his face. Afterwards she hopped back and gained a little of her space back.

So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Words: 132381
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

And How to stop it.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 14th, 2017, 4:04 am

Her words were enough to calm his slight nerves over this, again he didn’t have any real thoughts that she’d do anything like that however it was always best to set the small notes out of the way first. Though he knew what he was getting himself into if she won. And in all honest he wasn’t entirely against that but still. A small matter of pride was now on the line for him losing a touch of pride would hurt but what was his pride worth? Especially with such sharp glances like that. He could almost feel her eyes pulling him out of his clothes again.

When he stacked she seemed to almost freeze offer his motions. She was trying to play him at his own game. He stepped in father when he closed in Her left hand came towards his left side he ignored the strike letting the strike go through and catch him in the lower ribs. With a small grunt he powered through and instead focused on pushing her right hand out of the path it followed looking to pull her weight along with it. However both it appeared were a blatant distraction for her to gain a few feet of momentum backwards and breathing room. Alex let out a breath slowly as he coulod now feel the major advantage she had over him here.

The heat.

Alex’s energy reserves usually were vast and his pain tolerance was pretty high through over exposure to it. However in this heat and humidity it was starting to get to him. His movements were slower more sluggish than usual his shirt was soaked through front and back making it cling to him. By contrast Phira had been brought up in this kind of environment as of her own admission and he could see she was fine with it by comparison to him.

It was becoming more and more likely that he’d be the one to lose this.
“Phira one more lesson, make sure you pick the right place to fight. On this terrain I had the advantage until I showed you how to use it. With the combat I had the advantage until I taught you. And right now you’ve got the final advantage here. The heat.” He spoke letting the breath flow out hoping to buy himself a few moments with his explanation to catch his breath, and cool down somewhat. “Make your opponent fight in your terms. Gives you the advantage and works exceptionally well against those who think they’re unbeatable.” He flashed her a small smile one with that genuine tint to the edge of it before sucking down a final breath and dashing right in.

In this heat he only had a few minutes before the humidity and heat got the better of him. He didn’t even want to think about fighting in the desert area if this heat was enough to make him regret his decisions. Hid right hand flew towards her abdomen looking to catch her off guard with a speedy but light hit his left hand came out towards her chest with an open palm looking to knock her off balance as best as he could, at the same time he took a step backwards out of the strikes in order to reduce the power of the impact somewhat but to also make his arms harder to move or deflect on top of re-enforcing his stance

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

And How to stop it.

Postby Phira on January 14th, 2017, 5:56 am

Timestamp 30 Winter 516
LocationAlvadas-Falyndar

Phira was never one to take a cheap shot, but there was too much on the line right now. She managed to hit him, though she couldn’t imagine it doing much damage. She leapt back and took a quick breath and began to look at him. He was getting slower, and he was sweating a lot more than she would have thought.

As he explained to her about picking the right place to fight, she began looking for openings. The leopard that she was, was looking for the weak part of him. The part where she can grab on to, and take him down. She began digging her feet in, if he was slowing down that meant that he was getting weaker. She gave him a grin, ”Well then, if that is my advantage then I will be using it.” she said and grounded her feet into the dirt, and let him waste his energy on coming to her.

She guarded against the push against her to knock her off her balance, and as true to all the other times he has attacked her he had followed up with another quick attack, so she was ready for it, and tightened her stomach muscles. She grunted in pain, but only because he hit the bruise she got from earlier. She took the opportunity and used the closeness of them to lay a punch to his gut with her right arm, and then kicked out with her left leg.

She then ran around him, not for any other reason than to tire him out even more by following her. She smiled at him, ”You know if you give up now we can go over to the bath house and I can give you a bath and a massage.” she teased through heavy breaths. She said grounding her feet in and taking a defensive stance with her left arm low across her abdomen, and her right arm up by her face.

So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

And How to stop it.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 14th, 2017, 6:11 am

He knew he was wasting his energy and slowly feeling the heat build on him. He was used to colder more temperate climates. This was no good for him and each drop of energy he wasted was one he couldn’t afford too but he had to get more used to this had to get better at dealing with this. Gods only knew when someone might spring on him out of the blue. He’d told her of her advantage as well which gained him the time to get some breath back. He’d need it but still it didn’t feel like he was quite enough for him to fully ready himself.

His first attack found no purchase instead being greeted by both of her arms to block it and his second however did but it felt like he was hitting a plank of wood. She just grinned and bore it. And instead of striking back out at him she was in fact using the heat to her advantage and he could feel himself overheating heavily. Though as tempting as her offer was there was a point in him just that small point of pride that kept him moving. Again this wasn’t a massive blow if he did lose but he didn’t want to because of the elements around him

He took a final pair of swings towards her, this was the last of his stores in this weather. He struck out with a Big strike towards her Aiming again for her abdomen this was a full power strike, but that lowered the speed of it significantly. Not knowing fully well how to deliver all his power and all his speed in the same blow at least with just his hands. He struck out towards her gambling on the fact that this would hit. If it didn’t then it was her win.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

And How to stop it.

Postby Phira on January 14th, 2017, 9:01 am

Timestamp 30 Winter 516

He was winding down, and it was the first time, with extreme confidence that she thought she actually could win. She didn’t think he would give up, which was better, because she didn’t want him to simply give up because things didn’t go in his favor. If he had done that then every conversation they had about helping people, and him giving up happiness was a lie to make him look good. It made her feel better about him, not that she didn’t already have a good feeling about him to begin with.

The jungle terrain was his idea, and she thought he would be used to this by now. But apparently not, or he hasn’t trained here as much as she thought he had. Either way she was glad he chose this place instead of Alvadas-Taldera to teach and train her. She wouldn’t have been able to stand the cold much less fight in it. And the knee high snow was the worst part of it all. So if she had to pick she would pick the humid heat over the snow any day. She also didn’t have the heart to tell him that on Black Rock, Dira controlled the weather there and made it perfect where it wasn’t too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter.

She didn’t want him to catch his breath, as that seemed to be something else he was struggling with, and began towards him. He caught up to her first and began his next assault on her and aimed for her abdomen, with rather slow strikes. She quickly sidestepped to the right, avoiding the attack, and lashed out a hard punch to the middle of his chest, and then jumped away so he couldn’t counter attack.

She watched him fall over and she quickly ran over and pushed him down, which was surprisingly easy. She then got on top of him and pinned his arms to the ground, her chest heaving heavily up and down, and gave him a big Cheshire’s grin She leaned down and put her lips to his ear ”So does this mean I win?" she purred in his ear.

Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

And How to stop it.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 14th, 2017, 9:15 am

His attack sailed past her. Either he hadn’t been quick enough or had sacrificed too much footing. Either way the moment the strike towards his chest came he felt the air rush out of his lungs and felt himself slip. The ground beneath him leaving him as he fumbled backwards. It’d been a long time since he’d felt the hard impact of the floor against his back. Landing with a crash and the last of his air escaping his lungs. He took a half tick to try to breath. And that was his mistake in the next moment he felt a weight atop him.

He’d been pinned to the floor. Phira’s shins pressed against his upper arms and her sitting on his chest. He tried to struggle out of it but from this angle he may as well have been trying to swim upstream. He was done. The moment he heard her voice next to his ear he just let his had fall back and spoke with a half defeated half prideful voice through heaved breaths. “Yeah. You win…” He planted his had back against the softer ground and just tried to keep drinking his breath back down with long slow breaths.

Of the many things he had to complain about. Of the many disadvantaged he’s had to bemoan. Of all the problems that he’d had arise. Of all the amount he could complain that she’d won that he held back. He didn’t say a word of it. He lost. He lost under his own conditions and his own rules. He could say a damned word else he’d be lying, to her and to himself. Instead he managed to speak again through those heavy breaths.
“Nice work. You did well.” And with a small cough Managed to bend his arms up to poke her side lightly. “Though being honest I can think of worse positions to be in when defeated.” He managed out a weak but tinged smile that was well meaning. He’d probably gotten off lighter than he should have but he’d messed up. Looking up at her face from this position reminded him of a view he’d seen yesterday.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

And How to stop it.

Postby Phira on January 15th, 2017, 5:32 am

Timestamp 30 Winter 516

Once her victory was certain she threw back her head and laughed, ”I don’t think I have ever won a fight before. Then again I have only fought against my myrian cousins and friends, so…” she said and looked down at him with a prideful smile. His words made her smile, only because he was proud of her. At least she thought he was. Taking a deep breath and letting out slowly, she looked down at him with a little smile of her own, ”Oh? Well that’s good, I plan on having you in this position again later.” she said rolling off of him so he could take in a full breath.

The look he had on his face seemed like he was smiling but that smile didn't reach his eyes. She got up and went over and gathered her things, and then back over to him, ”So you are mine to do what I will. And the first thing you are going to do, is let it go. The sooner you let this go, the sooner we can start having fun. And real fun only starts when one is happy.” she said handing him her water. When he took the water from her she laid down next to him and stared up at the canopy dark green canopy. She never met anyone like this man before, someone so worried about other people, and not enough of himself. This little loss kind of made her wish he had won instead, at least he would be happy.

With that she came to the conclusion that could do with a distraction, if only for a couple of bells, and she would provide that for him. She turned her head towards him and looked back up at the canopy with a smile, ”You know in the big picture no one is going to look at this fight today and say it changed the fate of the world for the worst. And if it did, then I think there would have been some foreboding sign of such.” she joked a little trying to lighten his mood a little too, and maybe help him a little if that was the case.

She sat up and began packing her things away, while she let him sort out his feelings. She didn’t do this because she wanted him to feel bad but because she wanted the rest of the day to be about relaxing and enjoying each other’s company. And he couldn’t do that if he let this little thing hang over his head and weigh on his shoulders all day. But once he finds a way to preferably let it go or put it some place he didn’t have to think about it all day, then they could get going.
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

And How to stop it.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 15th, 2017, 5:50 am

It was nice to hear the laughter. Even if his pride hurt a little. Though as usual her words didn’t shift from her usual teasing if a little alluring demeanour. Still though as she got off of him he took his first proper breath in a good ten ticks. Her comment wasn’t unfounded given how he normally was she probably assumed that this would be hanging over his head for the rest of the day. Instead he was actually relieved to find out where he’d gone wrong.
“It’s not hanging over my head. Honestly. I know I lost and I lost under my own rules and my own stipulations. Besides, a couple of hours of doing your bidding to get you to take things seriously was worth it.” He spoke letting his head thump against the dirt. He’d probably have to head to the baths shortly to get this grime and gunk off of him.

As she offered the water skin to him again he took a rather eager drink mostly as he was drained and could use the fluids partially because it was a gesture of good will. When she fell onto the ground next to him pinning his arm to the ground once again gazing up at the deep green canopy. With her comment on the fight he just chuckled the first real laugher she’d quite possibly heard from him even then there was that smile line of genuine structure behind it.
“Who knows, maybe somewhere down the line something I’ve taught you here saves your life? After all who knows what fates grand design is? I just know I intend to fight to make sure that mine is different. And that other people can have their own fates be happier than it appears to be. After all someone has to give them hope.”

Taking a deep breath he smirked and finally caught his breath the heat still enough around him to give him pause as an idea to spook her popped into his head. What better way to scare her, without actually hurting her? He rolled over her keeping his arm behind her back and then in a single motion both stood up and pulled her up with him throwing her over his shoulder for a second. Showing that he’d lost because of bad luck on his part. Bad preparation and fighting on her turf.
“It’s all a matter of luck. A matter of fate and a matter of doing what you can. I’ve still got plenty of energy and plenty of strength, I just got unlucky and made a bad choice. So I take it only as a sign that I have to improve.” Balancing her on his shoulder he walked over to his gear working around the pieces before setting her down lightly on the stone and donning his armour again. The light dampness against his back as he slipped it on and his harness told him he’d need to wash the clothes and his armour. Lastly he tossed his jacket on before looking towards Phira.
“Well where too? After all it’s your decision.” He smirked He was giving her exactly what he’d promised free reign on the decisions at least for the duration of the agreement. Four bells should suffice.

Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

And How to stop it.

Postby Phira on January 15th, 2017, 6:32 am

Timestamp 30 Winter 516

She was glad to hear his words but she still would let him rest a little bit before they headed off. She chuckled at his explanation, ”I think you went easy on me because you wanted to lose. I do have a lot more to offer you than what you saw yesterday. And even if I didn’t win at least I proved to myself that I have the potential to be a good fighter, which makes me happy. Which should make you happy because I am happy, and that is what you strive for right?” she said with happiness in her voice.

She wished her father and the clan could have seen this. She could only imagine the look on the clan’s faces if they had seen her win. It probably would be the first time she saw shock and surprise on her father’s face because he never had that much faith in her to actually win in a fight. Her father’s whole clan would be shocked to see her win at fighting. Maybe she could even win against one of her myrian cousins. Now the shock on their faces would be priceless and worth all the training she was going to put in.

Her eyes widened in shock and she let out a little squeal when he rolled over and threw her over his shoulder. But instead of screaming she began laughing, and didn’t stop until he set her down on the rock. She had to wipe a tear out of her eye, as she watched him put his armor back on ”That’s good, we can improve together. After all I plan on being the best hand to hand combat fighter ever. And if I can’t be then at least I can say that I tried. And if it does save my life one day then that is a bonus.” she said licking her lips and hopping off the stone. She linked her arm with his and began pulling him towards the edge of the forest, ”I think I promised you a nice bath and a massage. So let’s go there first and then we can see what happens next.” she said letting him imagine what the rest of their time together had in store for him.

Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext