[The Rearing Stallion] A spoonful of Sugar (Leyley/open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 14th, 2011, 3:25 am

OOC note: Leyley and I post fairly frequently, so if you'd like to join I suggest you do it with the upmost haste.

After searching high and low for a place to wet his muzzle, Shane came across a tavern that seemed to fit his need perfectly. It had been a long day, one filled with a tad much adventure. He rubbed his cheek where three long slash marks traveled down to his chin. By now they had become scabs, fairly unattractive ones at that. Yet his companion didn't seem to mind them too much. He called out for his female friend, alerting her that he had found a suitable establishment that was within stumbling distance from their tiny apartment. Like a gentlemen, he held the door open for his darling before entering the tavern himself.

The place seemed fairly empty, only a handful of men scattered around. Some of them were sleeping, some were drinking to excess, and one kept eyeing Shane like he was going to kill him. Not the friendly place he'd ever visited. Once they were at the counter, Shane ordered the first thing the bartender could grab. "Might as well try something new while I'm here. Do you drink?" he asked. He knew it was immoral to drink, but for one it would dull the pain in his chest, and he felt like celebrating on the occasion that they had survived two near death experiences in the same day.
"Which path will you take?." Asked the Wolf
"the path of needles or the path of pins?"

"I guess I'll take the path of needles," the little girl replied.

"Then I'll take the path of pins and we'll see who gets there first"
Shane Blackridge III
Sandvich and I are coming for you!

Words: 33211
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 6:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 14th, 2011, 3:40 am

Leyley looked around, when she heard Shane's voice cut through her thoughts. Turning towards him she walked over to him and as he held the door open for her, Leyley smiled at him. She walekd inside and looked around. The place creeped her out and so did the people inside. She didn't notice the man looking at Shane, but she did notice a group of men sitting at the back staring at her like a hungry pack of wolves.. Looking away, trying to ignore them, she walked up to the counter next to Shane. Once he ordered something nad then asked her if she drank, Leyley shook her head in reply. She merely asked for water. She wasn't much of a drinker, preffering to stay sober incase trouble followed her... and it always did.

After a while, Leyley started to feel uncomfortable under the mens' heavy stares. More were watching her now, though looking away wheneve Shane looked. Though Leyley wondered if he could sense it.
Leyley August
Player

Words: 23857
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2011, 10:41 am
Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 14th, 2011, 4:06 am

Shane shrugged at her response, picking up the tinted bottle and raising it to his nose. He jerked backwards. The smell of alcohol had momentarily overwhelmed him, forgetting that his nose was sensitive to that scent in particular. His lips rested on the rim of the bottle and he slowly tilted it upwards until a steady flow of his "medicine" deposited into his mouth. It was sour, yet sweet at the same time. Like the two were having an epic battle across his tongue. Once he had savored it long enough he let the liquid run down into his belly. He coughed loudly as the alcohol ran through his system. "Just so you know, *cough*, I don't drink very often. Tonights just a special occasion. I don't want you thinking I'm an alcoholic" he smiled and took another swallow of the drink.

He began to notice that something was bothering Leyley and looked towards a table full of men who seemed to be glancing towards them. His eyes narrowed and he bared his teeth slightly, warning them to back off. He had to be careful though, or else he'd start a bar fight. He wasn't in the mood for that sort of drama."We should think up a plan for tomorrow. I think we might be able to find jobs at the welcome center near the gates. Or we could just relax a few more days. I can teach you what skills I know if you want, but it's not much. Still it might better prepare you for a job"

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 14th, 2011, 4:16 am

Leyley glanced at Shane and laughed lightly at his comment. If he was an alcoholic he would have carried alcohol whenever he went, and he didn't so she knew better. Then, seconds later Shane really did notice something was wong nad he turned to look around. She watched as he bared his straight, even white teeth at them and then turned to talk to her. Hm, well, yes, probably looking for a job straight away would be good, but if she didn't actually have any skills, then what was the point in that? she's have to learn first and doing so with Shane sounded even better.

"I think that realxing for a few days and learning things before looking for a job would be for the best," Leyley said. Actually, she wasn't too sure if she even wanted a job. She had never had one, as she was usually always in the wilderness, just hunting down what she needed.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 14th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Shane nodded at her response and took in another swig of his beverage. By now his wounds no longer felt constricted underneath the makeshift tourniquet, and instead he was filled with warmth as the alcohol burned in his stomach. He felt loghtheaded for a brief moment as the world seemed to spin around him. It only lasted a few seconds, but the sensation felt fantastic. Attempting to bring it back he drank more. Shane had never taught anybody anything before, but it seemed simple enough. If she was a willing and attentive pupil then things would work better for the both of them. But something else was on his mind. "Well... Now that we're 'together', where do wo go from here? Are we mates, just really close friends, or are we quote-on-quote Boyfriend and Girlfriend?". Shane had never Actually had a legitimate "relationship" with a woman, at least he didn't ever recall one, and because of such he was up a creek without a paddle on this one.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 14th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Leyley simply drank her watter slowly, thinking. About everything, Shane, her, them, her past, wondering what her real parents were like, anythng to keep herself occupied and take no notice of the other men. Some thought made her wince, whether it be in fear, sadness or remembering pain. As Shane spoke, Leyley looked at him. After he finished she waited a few moment to make sure that he wasn't going to continue and she leaned forward, her forehead lightly against Shane's as she looked into his blue eyes. "We are whatever you want us to be, Shane. If you want us to be mate then we're mates, if you want us to just be close firned, we're just close friends. It's up to you. Whatever your heart tells you we should be, we will be," Leyley said. Although on the outside she looked calm and strong, on the inside she was a nervous wreck.

Leyley became acutely aware of the man sending death stares towards Shane or staring at her with lust filled eyes. Like they wanted to take her right now and have their way with her. By those thoughts, She became became scared though ignored those feelings. She pressed her lips lightly against Shane's and after a moment she pulled back slightly. Though some men had hesitated, they weren't comvinced that they couldn't get to her. Great.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 14th, 2011, 9:45 pm

OOC: sorry I took so long to post. Was busy day.

Shane chuckled at her response, feeling her skull pressed against his forehead. "Very well, let it be known that you, Leyley August, are the proud and beautiful mate of Shane Michael Blackridge". Her kiss was tender and sweet, like he was kissing honey. How happy he was to have her. Then he heard the murmurs from the back of the room, the table of men snickering to themselves as they looked onwards. Annoyed by their obnoxious behavior he straightened his posture and glared at them with malevolent eyes. The table went silent, but most of them were still grinning childishly. "Dont pay attention to them, I won't let them come anywhere near us. Anyways..." he turned back to the counter and sucked down the rest of the bottle. He got dizzy for a second and had to rest his head upon the wooden counter, occasionally looking up at Leyley.

He tapped at the counter and listened to it with his ear against the wood which caused it grow louder. Tap, tap, thap, thap, thap, thunk, thunk, thunk. The world around him became blurry and distorted, like a bad dream. His tapping sounded more like an axe striking a tree the longer he did it. He could visualize the red axe swinging through the air, striking a tall tree with a messy X marked onto it's trunk. Yet his vision was interrupted when the bartender had slammed another beer onto the wood next to him. He jerked upright in a state of fear, his eyes filled with confusion and his pupils dilated. When he saw that all was fine, he picked up the bottle and began drinking again."Sorry about that. Just got a little tired. So Leyley, since we're just shooting the breeze at this point... What do you aspire to be? What would you like to do with your life?"

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 15th, 2011, 12:05 am

Leyley leaned back as Shane looked at the men and then watched as he laid his head down on the counter and drummed his fingers on the wood. She watched his expression change, obviously, to him it was getting louder. Couldn't hold his liquor much could he? That, or it could've been real strong shit. Shane shortly lifted his head as the batender put a glass of beer on the counter. Leyley said nothing and just watched. Then he spoke to her. She stayed quiet for a moment, thinking.

"Not really sure, honestly. I've always lived away from everyone and never really gave it much thought. I used to just want to live to see the next day." Leyley explained with a sigh and then looked away for a moment.
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shane Blackridge III on January 15th, 2011, 1:17 am

Shane took another swallow and listened to his mate. It made him a little depressed, hearing her speak like that. It was nice to have a dream, a goal. It helped push you to do exciting and life changing things. It got him where he is today. His dream was to find out what his past was, to reclaim his memories. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he'd be willing to do whatever it took to get his memories. Well... Anything within reason.

"well, if that's your decision, then i will respect it. Your free to choose what you like" he took another drink from his liquor, the taste still as exciting as the first time he had encountered it. "I'm sorry, I talk too much don't I? Is there anything you'd like to talk about?" he asked softly.

Shane Blackridge III

Character sheet

Postby Leyley August on January 15th, 2011, 1:28 am

Leyley laughed ever so lightly at Shane's comment that he speaks too much. The sound of her laughter had a musical tone and yet sweet and innocent. She shook her head and looked at Sahne again, "not at all, I like listening to you," she said with a smile. "I just wish I had met you before... everything happened," Leyley said, not willing to explain.. atleast not here. Her expression went fro light, caring and sweet to uncertain, scared and painful. She looked away, not wanting to Show Shane that expression.

OOC: sorry 'tis so short, gotta do something
Leyley August
Player

Character sheet

Next