A Bumpy Day (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Alenias on January 14th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Season of Winter, Day 1, 510 AV

It was midday, or somewhere around there, as Alenias wandered about the streets of Ravok. Treanas had been gone for a few days now, but she was not currently looking for him. He had told her he would be back, and so he would be back. Mostly at the point she was bored, and so she wandered to see what she could see.

It was a little while until she saw something that caught her eye. There, sitting on a merchant's stall, was something shiny and pretty. Alenias paused in her tracks, right in the middle of the street, and stared at the shiny object. It wasn't the shinnies Treanas asked for, but it sparkled like them in the light. Her dark eyes darted to the merchant, who was busy holding something else shiny and talking to a woman, and then back to the shiny thing that had caught her eye.

She knew people got upset when she touched anything shiny, and so she knew she'd have to be very careful picking up the shiny. Continually glancing back at the merchant she slowly walked towards the stall, and the shiny that waited for her.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Roman on January 14th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Roman yawned as he was wandering around the docks, His doctors business had been slowing down considerably since the unfortunate demise of his latest patient so he had a lot more free time on his hands then he was used to.
Well at least he could use the time to get some more herbs, he was running rather low on them.
He stopped as he saw a small child dressed a piece of cloth that wasn't worth being called a rag reach towards a piece of cheap jewelery while the merchant was distracted with another customer.
Roman let out a irritated sigh as he walked over towards the child, drawing the attention of a few other people towards him thanks to his hight.
Towering above her he grabbed her shoulder and forced her to turn around."What do you think you are doing young lady?" Roman said in a stern voice and looked at her.
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Alenias on January 14th, 2011, 4:35 pm

The sudden hand on her shoulder caused Alenias to freeze, and before she could think much else she was being turned around and found herself staring up at an incredibly tall man. Her eyes went wide with shock at just how tall the man was, and she trembled slightly in fear.

Her instinct was to change to a bird and fly away, but with him holding onto her shoulder she wasn't sure she'd be able to get away from him, and then she'd be a tiny bird caught in the grasp of this giant man. That would not be good at all. So she stood there, staring up at him with her dark eyes as she trembled. His height had shocked her so much that she didn't even register he had said anything to her.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Roman on January 14th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Roman frowned as he felt the little girl tremble, was he that scary? He glanced around at the small crowd looking at him and the thief. He just grasped her shoulder tighter when he heard some of the wisphers, where they suggesting he should just beat her and be over with? She looked only around 10 years old! Trying to ignore the whispers he asked again.
"Little girl I asked you a question, you mind answering?" The way he looked down at alenias practically demanded her to answer him.
When he didn't get an answer from the girl he just sighed and straightened himself back up. Still ignoring the rest of the crowd. He grabbed her arm and pulled her with him his stronger frame easily pulling her along.
"Lets find a place away from those preying eyes, they are getting on my nerves."
Roman
Collecting a debt

Character sheet

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Alenias on January 14th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Still trembling at the giant's presence, Alenisa stared up at him mutely in response to his request. Even if she could remember what he had asked, there was no way she could find her voice amidst such fear.

There was a brief moment of hope when the man released her shoulder, but before she could do much else he had grabbed her arm, and was dragging her off. Tears welled up in her eyes at the horrible situation she found herself in. The giant man was going to drag her off and eat her!

The man hadn't taken them much outside of the crowd before the tears in her eyes spilled over and she started to cry softly. She'd never get to see Treanas ever again, and she was going to be eaten by the giant man. As she was starting to cry she pulled weakly against the mans grip as she finally managed to speak, "Please... please don't eat me... Treanas is gone and I don't think I'd be tasty and I don't want to be eaten... please don't eat me..."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Kora on January 14th, 2011, 8:33 pm

“And what might a man like you be wanting with a little girl, away from prying eyes?”, a voice called from but a few yards away, the tone indicating that he already had an idea as to the man’s less-than-innocent intent. The voice belonged to a young man, presumably in his early twenties. His black hair was cropped short and his beard not much more than a thick stubble. His expression seemed somewhat amused, as though he didn’t find the man’s apparent intentions unsightly, or maybe he was simply amused by them. The truth of the matter was that he was simply bored.

If the girl happened to look his way he’d shoot her a knowing wink. He’d seen her around the city a few times, taking goods from the merchant stalls as he himself often did. As he turned his attention back to the man, the corner of his mouth would twitch up into a small grin, and the look in in his eyes said 'I’m not going away any time soon.'

“You’ve resorted to playing hero? I didn’t realize you were so… noble, Kora.” taunted the voice from within his mind. The playful jest only fueled his amused grin as he let it pass without retort.
Last edited by Kora on January 14th, 2011, 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kora
The deceiver; never turn your back

Words: 5207
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 11:27 am
Character sheet

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Roman on January 14th, 2011, 11:24 pm

“And what might a man like you be wanting with a little girl, away from prying eyes?”
Roman stopped in his tracks as he heard a young man calling out to him and slowly turned around his hand still firmly clasped around the young girl's arm.
He looked at the newcomer barely restraining his anger at the man's jab.
"Are you implying that I would do that to a young girl?" Roman said trying to keep his tone polite, though even an unobservant person would see that he was livid from that remark, especially since he wasn't able to cover the emotions running over his face and his clenched fist, ready to sock the man in the jaw.
He took a step closer to the man towering over him with all of his length. Reminding that he was still holding the thief bye the arm however he took care not to give her a painful jank.
"I would like that you offered your apologies for that remark sir." He glared down on the man.
"Or there could be some consequences that you really would not like." He narrowed his eyes at the man, hoping that his threat was picked up
Roman
Collecting a debt

Character sheet

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Alenias on January 15th, 2011, 12:10 am

Alenias' crying softened, and then died down as the shorter man came up and started talking to the giant. Even the shorter man was taller than her, but not nearly as terrifying as the one who still held her arm. When the shorter one winked at her she blinked her dark eyes back at him. Why was he winking at her?

Even if she didn't understand what was happening she knew that it could be useful to her. The really tall man was still holding her arm, but he looked angry with the shorter man, and if they started fighting then the giant man would have to let her go. Maybe she should say something to help them fight?

Turning her still tearful face to the shorter man she pleaded, "Please don't let him eat me. That would make Treanas sad and I don't want Treanas sad."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Kora on January 15th, 2011, 12:58 am

Kora didn’t move as the larger man approached him, and only offered his hands up, waving somewhat dismissively as his eyes shot up and down the man’s larger frame. Although he appeared unarmed, his threat was not at all lost on Kora’s ears “Fool. If he’s a member of one of the families you’re going to get yourself killed”, the voice in his head hissed. Damn, he hadn’t considered that. His grin slipped and what replaced it was a somewhat apologetic smile. “You’ll have to forgive me sir, I can’t help but assume when a large fellow such as yourself tries to haul off a pretty little girl like her, especially when he mentions a want for privacy…”, his voice trailed off, his tone asking the man to see his side of the story. In truth, he was probably saying too much, if this man was really a member of one of the three main families… he could potentially be lining himself up for a world of hurt. Still, he thought that if the man was a member of any of them, he would have said so by now, or had been wearing some sort of identifying marking, which he didn’t seem to be.

Should the man not immediately respond, Kora would turn to the girl upon hearing her words, a look of curiosity and interest on his face, though no pity was to be found there. “Why are you crying, child. If anything, I’m sure that this man wasn’t going to eat you.” His hand ruffled her already messy hair in a somewhat brotherly manner. “You’re too little, not enough meat on your bones… And who’s this Treanas you’re talking about, some sibling of yours?” The emotion in his voice certainly seemed sincere enough, and he didn’t give any sort of sign that he wasn’t actually wondering exactly what he was asking.
Kora
The deceiver; never turn your back

Words: 5207
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 11:27 am
Character sheet

A Bumpy Day (Open)

Postby Roman on January 15th, 2011, 2:31 pm

“You’ll have to forgive me sir, I can’t help but assume when a large fellow such as yourself tries to haul off a pretty little girl like her, especially when he mentions a want for privacy…”,
Roman just gave him a doubting look, not trusting the man at all.
"If you really want to know. I caught the little girl trying to steal. You know what people do with thieves."
He looked at the man with a suspicious glance as he took a step closer to her and ruffled her hair.Why are you crying, child. If anything, I’m sure that this man wasn’t going to eat you.You’re too little, not enough meat on your bones… And who’s this Treanas you’re talking about, some sibling of yours?”
Roman swatted the man when he said the comment of her not having enough meat on her bones.
"Are you trying to scare her even more?" Roman snapped at the man. After that he glanced at the girl and looked her over, she was shivering in fear and the expression on her face reminded him to those kids that where afraid to go to the doctor.He restrained himself from groaning at that image. Kids, he never was good with them.
"No I am not going to eat you, what gave you that idea anyway?"
Roman
Collecting a debt

Character sheet

Next