Treasure Isn't Always Golden (Quelen Dran'Sora)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Far below the water's surface is the living coralline city of the Charodae, Charbosi. Inaccessible to those who cannot breathe underwater, Charbosi is a city of culture and peace. [Lore]

Postby Tayl Layou on January 14th, 2011, 6:56 pm

23rd of Winter, 510 AV

'There doesn't seem to be much here' was the thought of the small Charoda while she carefully search the ocean floor. A canister half full of new shells hangs from her waist line shining with the reflected light that barely shimmered down to her. The eyes of this Charoda are fixated on the sandy floor, searching, hoping to find new treasures. 'Not quiet as bountiful as the day before' she thought to herself, remembering the vast amount of oddly shaped shells she found and even a pearl from three days ago.

A crab worked its way up out of the sand to examine the disturbance near his home, "Well aren't you a cutey?" she asked sarcastically. "My name is Tayl, would you like to be friends?" she continued as she looked at its odd shell shape. This was a rather small crab with a shell that had spikes all over his back, and instead of being a common red crab, this one was mostly blue. "Let's see," she said to herself, "what can I put you into for a new home?" she asks as she begins to look around. Tayl took a look over her shoulders, and when she thinks she found something, she pick the crab up from underneath and carried him to her new discovery. An old bowl is what she found, she held the crab to it and asked "How would you like this?" The crab turned around and just stared back, "Yeah your right, not quiet the home feeling is it?" She took another look around "Well, there doesn't seem to be too awful much out today," she informed the crab she was still holding. Then it came to her "Oh wait!" she exclaimed as her face lit up, "I could just make you a home out of the coral back at my home!" Happiness overtook her as she looked at the crab and began to dance along the floor. She spun in circles, taking one step over the other, raising the crab up, and bringing it back down, closing her eyes, and singing a small tune to herself.
Tayl Layou
The Peaceful

Words: 7183
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on January 14th, 2011, 9:35 pm

It was a pleasant enough day deep beneath the waves as Quelen swam along, humming softly to herself as she went. The water was pretty calm, and just a little on the chilly side. Certainly better than it would be up on the surface. She'd stopped her trips to the shore a while ago due to the coldness, but she was looking forward to when it went away. Then she would start her journey to see the world.

After some time she came upon the kelp she was out here for, and, continuing her humming, she set about harvesting some. It had always been easier to do back when she had both arms, but she had a way to make it work now. Finding a good sized strand she took hold with her one hand a ways above the ocean floor, and then leaned her head down to bite off the plant just below her hand, making sure to keep a firm grip to keep the buoyant plant from floating up towards the surface.

Once the kelp was free she resumed her humming as she wrapped the strand around her left arm carefully. Giggling lightly to herself at the odd feeling this gave her, she stuck the end of the strand under itself to keep it in place, and then resumed her swimming. Hearing singing on the water she turned, moving toward it, and smiled as she saw Tayl dancing with... a crab? Giggling once more she swam up and over the smaller Charoda before calling out, "Hello Tayl, who's your new friend?"
Quelen Dran'Sora
Alt of Alenias, One-armed Musician

Words: 41376
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2011, 6:04 pm
Character sheet

Postby Tayl Layou on January 14th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Tayl continued to spin around, twirling and dancing with her new friend, excited about making a new home all for him.

"Hello Tayl, who's your new friend?" a familiar voice called out from a small distance. Tayl quickly froze and looked over, she began to blush from embarrassment and her face started turning a darker shade of green.

"This is my new buddy!" she called out while spinning around to stand toward her Charoda friend. "What brings you out here Quelen?" Tayl asks while giggling slightly from the crab spinning in a circle in her hand. She just then realized, she hadn't even named it yet, so she started thinking about names to try and give it.
Tayl Layou
The Peaceful

Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on January 15th, 2011, 1:06 am

With her hand Quelen gestured at the kelp wrapped around her left arm in response to Tayl's question, "I was getting some food, and seeing what I could find. It seems you've found the most interesting thing yet though," with a smile she moved closer to peer at the crab, gingerly touching one of its spikes.

"So where are you and your buddy off to?" she asked with a smile, "If you're hungry we could share some food."
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Postby Tayl Layou on January 15th, 2011, 3:36 pm

"Well," Tayl started still thinking about the home she will get to make, "we were about to head to my home, but, we could help you gather more kelp and then use my place to eat?" The crab in her hands seemed to like the attention it was getting, but only then did Tayl realize she had never seen a crab like this. Was this some rare crab or just one that like to hide in the sand a lot? She wasn't too worried about it as she lifted him up and placed him on her shoulder. "So do you have a place to sleep? I heard you made plans to go out traveling but the land got too cold." Tayl's home was small and lonely, it served its purpose of getting away from the family but it was just so boring on most days. "I could help collect money for the trip and maybe come with you to offer my help," she offered trying to not offend Quelen's condition she was in.
Tayl Layou
The Peaceful

Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on January 15th, 2011, 8:05 pm

"That would be nice," Quelen said with a nod of her head in response to Tayl's offer to help her gather more food and eat at her place, "There was plenty more back where I got this," she gave another gesture at the kelp on her left arm.

Giving a little giggle at the sight of the crab on Tayl's shoulder, Quelen gave a shrug in response to the question about where she was sleeping, "I sleep where I find a place when I grow tired. Since the land grew cold I've been spending a lot of time from Charbosi," she gave a smile, "I think it's good practice for when I start traveling when it grows warmer above."

The offer from Tayl surprised Quelen, and she tilted her head slightly to the side as she responded, "You want to come with me Tayl? It would be wonderful to have a friend along, but what of the storms? I wouldn't want you putting yourself in such a frightening situation just for my sake," she smiled warmly at the short Charoda, reminded of what she liked so much about the other girl. Well, along with her very unique way of dancing.
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Postby Tayl Layou on January 15th, 2011, 8:27 pm

Tayl began to tremble, all thoughts but one left her, the sound of a thunderstorm, frozen in place, she felt the fear fill her body to the point of her wanting to break down and start to cry. Such a horrible thing, each crack and roll of thunder would send this tiny charoda rushing for cover, trying to hide from the possible danger. She finally managed to snap back to the reality at hand, "Well, it wouldn't be too bad if I was with you I think," she finally responded closing her eyes and rubbing the back of her head. She began to blush again as it was apparent that she still held a very childish fear and couldn't even talk about it with almost crying. "But on any note," she continued, "Would you like to stay with me in my home in the meantime?" Tayl truly missed having someone with her all of the time, and since she planned on going with Quelen, maybe they should get to know each other better. Not to mention, she has never been alone during a thunderstorm before, and the thought of it now frightened her even more. "I could let you name him," Tayl offered holding up the odd blue crab to Quelen like a child asking if they could keep it.
Tayl Layou
The Peaceful

Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on January 17th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Seeing Tayl's reaction to the mention of storms made Quelen feel bad, and more worried about the thought of the little charoda joining her on her journey. Not that she would stop Tayl if her friend wanted to come along. The idea of forcing anyone to do something against their will just was not the way of the Charodae.

Placing her hand comfortingly on Tayl's shoulder, and giving her friend a warm smile, she replied to the offer, "I think it would be fun to stay at your house. I still think it's good to get practice being away from Charbosi, but maybe we could switch off? We spend some time at your home resting and trading things we've found, and then go exploring around for a few days?"

She wanted to spend as much time away from Charbosi this season as she could, in preparation of leaving next season, but it seemed Tayl really wanted to spend some time with her, and it was kind of hard to say no to the cute little Charoda, especially when she offered to let Quelen name the crab, "How about we name him together?" she took a moment to look over the crab carefully, "What do you think of... Tessan?"
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Postby Tayl Layou on January 17th, 2011, 5:28 pm

"Tessan?" Tayl asked herself, "that sounds perfect!" she exclaimed and started dancing around again. Little Tessan in her hands looked as though he were hoping up and down because Tayl was moving her hands so much. While in her spin, Tayl grabbed Quelen by her right hand and began spinning her and dragging her back to the kelp fields. "So what do you think they eat on the surface?" Tayl asked now wondering more and more about those who live on land than ever before.
Tayl Layou
The Peaceful

Character sheet

Postby Quelen Dran'Sora on January 17th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Quelen couldn't help but giggle as Tayl grabbed her hand and pulled her into a dance. While Quelen had the desire to explore, Tayl always seemed to outstrip her when it came to energy. It was one of the things she admired about the little Charoda.

Kicking her legs to keep up with the dancing and twirling, so Tayl wouldn't have to tire herself out dragging her around, Quelen tilted her head to the side as she thought about what Tayl asked, "I've heard they eat many strange things. Not only lots of different kinds of meat, including fish, but they have strange plants that they eat. Really brightly colored ones, brighter than the prettiest fish, or in strange shapes or flavors. I've even heard," she dropped her voice to a quiet whisper, as if it was some a secret she was about to share, "That they have plants that are almost completely dry. Can you imagine that, eating a dry plant? I wonder if it dries out your mouth as soon as you put it in there."
Quelen Dran'Sora

Character sheet

Next