Hello!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello!

Postby Priscilla Barr on February 13th, 2017, 4:43 am

Heya!
I'm Penelope, but you can call me Pen! I am a 17 year old (Who is turning 18 in less than a week, but whatever) who loves to write! I'm excited to try forum style roleplaying for the first time, but, as this is my first time, I'm sure I'll make plenty of mistakes, so if you see any, please point them out so I can fix them!
Besides writing, I enjoy theater, reading, and cuddling my dog. Currently, I am in my school's performance of the musical Oklahoma as Ado Annie, which is very exciting to me, but totally irrelevant to this whole thing.

I must say that my character here is rather different than the characters that I usually make. Usually, I go for the super-strong, stoic type of character, or the villainous type of character. However, I've always been very frustrated by the lack of characters with disabilities pretty much everywhere. It used to not bother me, because I didn't even notice it, but then I became disabled myself and it started to bug me.

So, I gave Priscilla the same medical condition I'm stuck with. We'll have to see how it goes, as, right now, I am more than a bit wary . It's outside of my comfort zone as a writer, and outside of what most people want to roleplay with, based on my one experience with her elsewhere.
So, yeah. I think I covered all the basics. I want to roleplay with all of you so you should totally PM me or whatever if you are interested because I am too awkward to do it myself.
Priscilla Barr
Player

Words: 3286
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2017, 4:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Hello!

Postby Prophet on February 13th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Hello Pen!

Welcome to Mizahar. You seem very excited and I'm really interested to see how you develop your character concept. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Happy writing!
Last edited by Prophet on February 13th, 2017, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hello!

Postby Faradae on February 13th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Welcome to Miz, Pen!

The way you wrote your introduction makes me think you'll like it here. What you wrote about Pris piqued my interest, so I went ahead and read your CS. I like her concept alot and hope I'll get to meet her the next time I'm in Syliras. I can't wait to read your writing!

If there's anything you need help with, feel free to shoot a PM or come to chat, where everyone always answered my tons of questions from day one c;
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Hello!

Postby Dovey on February 13th, 2017, 9:06 pm

Hi Pen, welcome to Mizahar! I'm fairly new myself and enjoying the site greatly, hopefully you will too. I'm really excited you gave Priscilla a disability - I'm disabled and I've been thinking a lot lately about the lack of disabled characters in RP, so it's cool to see somebody breaking that pattern. I am in Syliras as well, see you around the city!
"Common" "Fratava" "Pavi"
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Words: 221497
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2016, 10:42 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Hello!

Postby Reflection on February 20th, 2017, 5:13 pm

Hello! I'm Reflection, AS of Syliras.

Welcome to Mizahar! I hope you have a good time here, I have provided some links below which will be very helpful in getting started in our wonderful world. :)

Useful Links:
-Character Sheet Templates
-Starting Guide
-Starting Package
-Skill List
-Skill Guide

Should you have any questions, feel free to go to the Questions and Answers forum and post there!
Signature courtesy of Prophet

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Words: 88001
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm
Office
Plotnotes

Hello!

Postby Kara Vanis on February 22nd, 2017, 12:52 pm

Welcome and all that stuff.
Kara Vanis
Player

Words: 3642
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2017, 9:04 pm
Race: Human

Hello!

Postby Chameleon on February 24th, 2017, 9:22 am

Welcome Pen!
Welcome to Miz! I love the sound of your concept, and I hope you the best. Enjoy your time here and happy writing!
~Chameleon
Chameleon
Retired Staff

Words: 133740
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2017, 5:30 pm
Office

Hello!

Postby Vaerin on February 28th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Hi, and welcome Pen!

Reiterating on what others have said before: I think Prisc sounds like a really well rounded and thought out character. I have done a bit of work with disabilities - so it is good to see more in the way of disability being represented in media of any description. I'm also in Syliras so please do let me know if you would like to do a thread some time.
Common|Symenos|Vani|Thoughts
Vaerin
Player

Words: 102230
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2017, 3:35 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hello!

Postby Caladon Silverway on February 28th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Hello and welcome from another newbie.