Solo A Change of Form

Corvus gets a new body.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

A Change of Form

Postby Corvus Bubon on February 24th, 2017, 3:37 am

Winter 72 516

Stiff. That was all Corvus could think of, how stiff he felt, a sign that it was time to once again switch bodies. He walked to the door of his private quarters and slowly turned the knob with what felt like a quarter of all his strength. I need to change bodies soon or I won’t be able to at all. He set out from his quarters to Palsa Hydrasa, he had to speak to Amaryllis about a new body. Corvus creeped his way to the Palsa, the creaking of his bones feeling age beyond his own, the accursed frailty of the Nuit. The walk to the Palsa was more difficult than he could have imagined, and when he finally turned the corner into Amaryllis’ office, he felt physically exhausted, a familiar feeling when it’s time to change bodies, but an altogether foreign one every other moment of his existence. Corvus brought himself to rest upon one of the extravagant chairs in Amaryllis’ office. Amaryllis herself looked upon him as he sank into the luxurious padding of the furniture.
“It’s quite comfortable, no?”
“I think I need one for myself.”
“Ha! Indeed, someone else who enjoys the luxurious things in life. I take it you’re in need of a new body.”
“Very much so. Still pretty new to this actually, how does one order a new body?”
“What kind of body are you interested in?”
“I hadn’t really put much thought into it.”
“Male?”
“Male?”
“Yes that’s the gender of the body you currently inhabit if I’m not mistaken.”
“Oh, yes.”
“Wager a guess on how long your current body has left?”
“One Gold Miza on 15 more minutes.”
“You should consider switching before your body has run it’s course. It’s more enjoyable.”
“Sounds reasonable.”
“You should also come back every day. For a bath, and for some conversation, it’ll extend the use of your bodies.”
“Bathing and conversation will extend the use of my bodies?”
“Well the bathing will, the conversation is just a pleasant treat.”
“I’m flattered.”
“No i mean that it’s pleasant for you. It would have to be.”
“Oh. Well it is.”
Corvus couldn’t think of what to say next.
Amaryllis smiles knowingly. “So. A male. Anything else?”
“Whatever skin you think I’d look good in.”

Amaryllis giggles. “Oh, you’re good.” She pauses for a moment. “I think I can manage that.”
Last edited by Corvus Bubon on March 15th, 2017, 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corvus Bubon
Bone Whisperer

Words: 28890
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2016, 1:35 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Change of Form

Postby Corvus Bubon on March 15th, 2017, 12:36 am

Corvus waits while Amaryllis digs through the papers on her desk, soaking in the air of exuberance emanating from the exquisite office’s furnishing. “Excuse the wait, paperwork is rather boring and I don’t organize it very well.” After a minute or so, Amaryllis pulls out a log with details on the bodies that are available, then smiles. “Follow me.” she adds softly. “So you’ve picked out a suitable body?” He felt stupid asking the question but he wanted to be sure that was where they were going. “Oh no, I’m just taking you for a long walk on the beach.” She smiles as she descends into the morgue. Right. Stupid question. Corvus followed Amaryllis into the morgue, finding it to be quite the elaborate setup.
“Not the kind of morgue I’m use to but I like it.”
Amaryllis turns to him, eyeing him, not sure if he was joking. “It’s not boring to you?” she asks inquisitively.
“Not as boring as the morgue I grew up with. I was supposed to be a mortician before I was Nuit.”
“The novelty wears off after a while.” She states in an overtly bored manner.
Corvus could tell she didn’t want to talk about work, he decided to expedite the conversation. “So what body have you picked for me?”
Less bored, Amaryllis pulls uncovers the body of an Eypharian male. The Eypharian had 4 arms and an olive skin tone lightened by its state as a corpse, slightly lighter than the skin tone of Corvus’s current body. “Quite handsome, although none of my clothes are suited to two sets of arms.” Amaryllis tries to hide her disappointment. “Although 4 hands are better than 2, so I could probably manage.” Corvus adds. Amaryllis perks up, and asks “Where will you be performing the ritual?” Corvus hadn’t thought about it. I suppose my quarters, though I don’t think I could lug that thing all the way back. “I don’t suppose I could do it here?” Amaryllis laughs, “Only if you let me watch.” Corvus was taken aback, She wants to watch? Why? I’ve always found the whole experience rather vulgar... “I guess that’s ok. I don’t really know why you would want to watch though.” She stares Corvus down. “Does it matter why I want to watch your soul transfer to a new body? Why I want to watch you essence drain into another being?” Corvus was starting to feel intimidated. “I guess not.”
Corvus Bubon
Bone Whisperer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Change of Form

Postby Corvus Bubon on March 15th, 2017, 12:38 am

Corvus didn’t particularly trust Amaryllis to watch over him in his vulnerable state, but she reminded him of a love long past and their life together laid to rest. Corvus was a fool, but Amaryllis meant him no harm. He began drawing the rituals’ runes on the targets body, head, chest, legs, and arms. The runes were not something he had learned, but something he simply knew how to do since being turned into a nuit, how he knew them was a mystery but he wasn’t complaining. After the runes were drawn Corvus mounted the slab the body was resting on, opening his mouth above the corpse's.
Amaryllis spoke with a soft tone, ”I would undress before the transference, makes putting your clothes back on in your new body easier, you skip the whole fumbling to undress a dead body part.”
Corvus was taken aback to hear this for a few reasons, the first was that she had just said he should take his clothes off, the second was that he was surprised he had never thought of it. ”I guess I had gotten so use to undressing corpses before I was a Nuit, that never occurred to me.” Corvus replied in a thoughtful manner.
Amaryllis’ interest was thoroughly peaked. ”And why exactly were you undressing corpses?”
Corvus realized what it sounded like as the words had come out of his mouth but it was too late. ”N-no ugh I..." Corvus coughed and cleared his throat. ”When I was a boy my father had me steal the clothes off the corpses that we got in if they were valuable enough.”
Amaryllis smiled, ”Not what I was hoping to hear but still pretty good.”
Corvus was starting to get uncomfortable, and climbed off the corpse. ”You should probably check on your office right?”
Amaryllis rolls her eyes and walks up the steps, ”Ugh, you’re probably right. You better wait till I get back.”
Corvus had no intention of waiting, as soon as she had left the room he began to undress; afterward folding his clothes and laying them neatly in a pile. He repositioned himself over the body and opened his mouth getting ready for the transference. Corvus could feel the ichor rise up inside him, as it began to slowly leave through his mouth.
Amaryllis returned a few minutes later. ”There was no on-Hey! You started without me!” she exclaimed when she noticed that his ichor had already begun to transfer. Corvus could hear her but he could not see her, and wasn’t quite sure how angry she was, she was in fact quite angry. ”I see you took my advice. You took my advice AND started without me!” Corvus could now tell how angry she was by the tone of her voice, but his mouth was currently too busy to try and defend his actions. ”Fine. I’m going to be take your clothes!” Wait, she’s going to what? Corvus still couldn’t see what she had done, but he was now worried about his clothes.
Corvus Bubon
Bone Whisperer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Change of Form

Postby Corvus Bubon on March 15th, 2017, 12:40 am

The rest of the transference went by relatively undisturbed, although Corvus could tell that Amaryllis was still there. Amaryllis would occasionally huff or mutter something that Corvus couldn’t quite make out. As the ichor finished transferring, Corvus’ soul entered his new body, and his old one fell limp to the floor. Corvus felt weak, and the sensation of stretching his arms was exceedingly peculiar with 2 more than he had had before. He moved them around as best he could but it was difficult for him to get the arms on the same side to do different things. This may take a fair amount of concentration. Corvus fought the weakness as he moved his legs over the edge, turning to face a grinning Amaryllis. Corvus watched her for a moment, As elegant as ever. ”I’m sorry I started without you. What did you do with my clothes?”
Amaryllis huffed, ”I cut holes in your shirt, so that your new arms would fit.”
Corvus was surprised that was all she had done. ”Oh, thank you for that.”
”I also set your pants on fire.” Amaryllis turned around and walked partway up the stairs, then turned around again and said ”You should go for a bath right now, I already took the Mizas from you anyway.” before walking up the stairs and out of sight. Corvus thought that was a fine idea, a bath would be quite soothing, and it would give him time to think of what to do about his pants. He saw the pile that Amaryllis had left his clothes in and grabbed what remained of his attire, before heading up the stairs and coming to a rest at the side of the pool of water that was the Palsa Hydrasa bath. Corvus lay his clothes on the floor and stepped into the bath. The pool felt exceptionally soothing to his new body, he didn’t want to ever get out. I guess I need to buy new pants, thankfully my coat covers my legs enough until I do. Corvus floated in the bath for nearly an hour before getting out. He dried himself off and put his remaining clothes back on. A shirt with newly cut holes for his second pair of arms, his coat, and his undergarments. Corvus closed the jacket so that only the bottoms of his legs were visible, and left for his quarters.
Corvus Bubon
Bone Whisperer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Change of Form

Postby Sayana on April 23rd, 2017, 11:55 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Corvus Bubon
Skills
  • Endurance: 1
  • Socialization: 4
  • Observation: 2
Lores
  • Nuit ritual to change bodies
  • Undressing prior to a body change
  • New body: 4-armed male Eypharian
  • Basics of manipulating four arms
  • Amaryllis: Somewhat perverse and vindictive
  • Amaryllis: Enjoys watching a nuit transfer bodies
Miscellaneous
  • -10 sm (or 1gm) for Nuit Bath
  • Shirt modified to have additional armholes
  • - Pants

Comments: Please update your ledger with Winter 516 seasonal expenses. This may be common (135gm) or poor (45gm) or something else based on your existence as a nuit.

It was a short but enjoyable thread. Although mostly dialogue, it was cute watching Corvus's interactions with Amaryllis. She is certainly quite the eccentric character. Best of luck with your new body.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)