Fate Has A Way Of Laughing At Us (Vahn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kavala on February 9th, 2011, 9:12 pm

ImageWhen Vahn touched her, Kavala closed her eyes briefly. She liked him, By The Grasses, which was an unexpected surprise. Kavala never guessed she'd return to Endrykas for her birthday and find not only a reunion with her family but a kelvic to invite to Sanctuary to look after her mares. And what was surprising about him was his no-nonsense attitude, his lack of need for showmanship and foolery. Normally stallions were all about the show. It was rare to find one that wasn't. He was smart, had a good head on his shoulders, and struck her as responsible.

And his body... she loved his body. His strength and long legs was just the type of blood she was looking for. She wanted bulk with grace and strength with the ability to move. He could do both, easily, and that would take half her work from her developing a new breed for Sanctuary.

His kiss on her forehead brought her back to herself, reminding him that he was something other than a horse, though they too felt and had needs and feelings towards other. A startled expression crossed her face which was soon replaced with a smile. He was already wooing her, drawing her into his fold, placing her under his responsibility and protection. Kavala saw it for what it was but didn't mind it. It felt good, very good, to be protected for once. She was the fierce champion of the denizens of Sanctuary. Maybe with Vahn joining the group, he could lesson her burden a bit and take on some of the responsibility himself. She dared, just for a moment, to imagine this and her smile grew brighter.

Kavala didnt' have a lot of trust with men. But she had measures and depths of trust for horses and other kelvics. They weren't deceitful abusive creatures, but were forthright and honest. Vahn had treated her carefully and openly, expressing his opinion of her behavior and showing wisdom all in the same breath. She could trust honesty. She could also trust him.

"Vahn, you'll get a say in where your children go and who may partner up with them. I promise this. If you do not like someone who comes to Sanctuary for either training or to find themselves a mount, they will not get services or the ability to purchase one of the horses there that are in your care. I don't care if it an animal of your blood or not, I'll make them speak to you first and get your approval." She added. It was fair enough. Kavala was asking for his blood. In return, she'd give him some control over what happened to his offspring and mares.

It was an odd feeling, having a kelvic stallions feelings wash over her. She could feel him withdraw his attention off to someplace far far away, then return it to her. He startled her as he crowded her space and laid his hand on her stomach, already slightly possessive. She could feel his interest and his need for her to want him. Being honest with herself, she did want him and she told him so with her hands and her eyes as she let him caress the life within her and she in turn stroked the long black length of his mane and ran her hands down his human shoulders. He felt like a horse. Every inch of him even though she knew she was touching human flesh. Kavala wouldn't have gotten within spitting distance of a normal man, not after what slavers had done to her. But this one was about as far from normal as possible.

She nodded to his words, understanding, and thanked him with her eyes. After a thoughtful moment, she spoke. "Its your job to keep everyone in line and protect us all even from ourselves. And I do want you. Know that. I want you badly as a mount because I can tell you touch the wind, become the wind, when you run. I want your blood mingling with that of my mares. And I find you incredibly attractive in both your forms. But I can't want you for anything more, not now, not yet, because I am the property of Riverfall until they say otherwise I do not own myself. That might change some day. It might not though. But not anytime soon. You'll have your fun though, and have a good life with us. That I can promise you. I'm glad you reminded me and chastised me. I had it coming. That is your job, anyhow, Vahn, and my job to be above all the foolishness, and see to it that my horses get the best of care and the best of riders." She added.

Smiling at him, she nodded, watched him shuck her brother's clothing and gallop off to fetch his things. He'd be back, she was sure, though she wasn't certain when. Kavala smiled a little sadly. She'd get his Yvas made while she was here and buy him some clothing for sure. She'd have things ready for him when he showed up at Sanctuary, that much was for certain.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ganmedo on April 8th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Blessings from the Cupbearer

Kavala

XP:

Horsemanship + 2
Animal Husbandry + 2
Riding + 3
Interrogation + 1
Persuasion + 1
Storytelling + 2

Lore:

The best horses come from Endrykas
Being Konti in Endrykas
The need for the right horse
Vahn Gremio

Vahn Gremio

XP:

Running + 3
Wilderness Survival + 1
Storytelling + 1

Lore:

Snow is evil
Outsiders in Endrykas
Appearing naked before the ladies
Kavala Denusk
A stallion's pride
If you've got it, flaunt it

COMMENTS:

Well done, guys. If you have any questions about your rewards, let me know. :)
Ganmedo
The Cupbearer

Words: 7348
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous