PM to join Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Roselina and Elin hide while the docks are looted

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Moderators: Prophet, Reflection

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Roselina on May 13th, 2017, 7:49 pm



"I know the laws here, I've lived here since I was a kid after all."

'Not that those laws are any good or that she followed too many of them' She thought as she opened her backpack. The brown haired woman then tucked the dagger away in her bag, feeling slightly more nervous than she had when the dagger was in her hand.

Hearing a yell the con artist turned around to look at the main part of the riot. It seemed to be growing in aggression and violence each moment, something that unnerved her. She'd came close to being arrested once that day, and she didn't plan on being that close to it or worse again.

"We should get going if we're leaving then. We don't want your children getting stuck in the crowd. It seems to be getting more aggressive now."

Besides, being trapped in the crowd for much longer would almost guarantee arrest. Just by being there they would be mistaken for a looter.
Image
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
User avatar
Roselina
Charismatic Con
 
Posts: 169
Words: 62863
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Garland on May 14th, 2017, 5:00 am

Image
Garland was glad to help and he was more than willing to let the other knight deal with the crowd while he escorted Rose and her friend away from the rabble.

Garland looked over to the crowd and raised up a shield as he saw the knight get overwhelmed by the people and their aggression was then being turned on him. "That's not good." Garland held up a shield to protect the kids from whatever was being thrown.

Hopefully the little girl wouldn't be too traumatized by the experience, but this could have gone much worse, luckily the blood that was spilled was just from the unconscious knight that drew a sword against Garland.

Stupid move unless you knew how to protect yourself from a fist to the face.

Garland stayed behind the group to block any of the thrown stones coming their way. He was focused, annoyed at the events that were transpiring but focused.

He was also very angry. He glanced back towards the front of the group, making sure no other surprises are waiting for them at the front of the group. He was also worried about the one with the toddler in her arms.

Luckily he wouldn't remember what happened here, but still he was worried. He refocused himself and they were top priority, not the merchandise of some merchant or some store.

Some people have forgotten that people are more important than material wealth, and he would gladly throw away every possession he ever had if it meant his family and friends could live happy and peaceful lives.

An idealistic dreams but something to strive for at least.
Image
User avatar
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second
 
Posts: 1289
Words: 659035
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Location: IRL: Philippines , IC: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Elin on May 14th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Elin nodded as she listened to Roselina and Elin began to head the direction with the least crowds, though there were still a few people that direction, looking as though they were just waiting to get to the ships, but too scared to do so. They seemed considerably less violent too.
As they made their way further and further from the crowds, Elin turned to Garland worried as to what repercussions his actions with the two knights earlier would have on him.
She thought for a few minutes before opting to not ask until they were somewhere safer and quieter.

As they moved further and further, Elin looked back to the ships that were being looting and she exhaled.
”People are either desperate, greedy, or just determined to cause chaos.” she mumbled to herself, feeling Ilia moving closer to her. The little girl seemed scared of all the things being thrown, and the chaos that they were walking away from. As calmly as she could, Elin stroked Ilia’s hair, attempting to comfort and reassure the little girl, before she briefly stopped and bent down to whisper to the little girl.
”Everything is going to be okay. Just look and Roselina and the knight. They’re not scared and we don’t have to be either.” she smiled at the little girl, before standing up in time to see more people rushing past them to join the crowds, as though they didn’t realise that more knights would be arriving soon.
She couldn’t tell what was going through those peoples minds, and she didn’t want to, although in the back of her mind she imagined that they either had nothing or that they had everything and wanted more.
Sighing, she turned towards the squire and tilted her head.
”What do you think’ll happen to you? With going against higher ranked knights and leaving the looters to help us?” she asked, wanting to just have conversation going. She knew that conversation would keep her calm and likely reassure Ilia.
-
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
User avatar
Elin
Player
 
Posts: 175
Words: 98038
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Roselina on May 19th, 2017, 8:02 pm



The brown haired woman felt slightly guilty, knowing that she would have been part of this if someone worth more had been involved, or if something like jewellery or wine was on the ships. She had always loved little trinkets and pretty things, and as selfish as it was, the con artist knew she would have joined the looting if she had a chance to get something like that. The woman was rather materialistic, but she supposed her mother and father had been too, so she wasn't to blame.

She gave a gentle smile towards the child when her mother mentioned her. "She's right, there isn't anything to be scared of." Roselina's tone was lighthearted and kind, children didn't deserve to be in places where looting was taking place.

Her face assumed a slightly annoyed look as she continued walking and looked away from the child, the looters were getting a bit out of hand by then, it all seemed a bit odd. Why weren't they leaving? If it was her she would have grabbed something and ran home, knowing that the knights would catch her if she stayed. Turning back to the conversation, she gave a small smile.

"I don't know how it all works, but I assume they won't be happy with you for this."

Image
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
User avatar
Roselina
Charismatic Con
 
Posts: 169
Words: 62863
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Garland on May 20th, 2017, 4:00 am

Image
The two were concerned about what the knights were going to do to him. "Wouldn't be the first time I got in trouble, wouldn't be the last. Besides, that knight-" Garland pointed to the knocked out one. "-isn't really credible at all. You've met Ferrin's fiance right? That guy was drunk and was forcing him on her if you get my meaning."

Garland stopped any further explanation, Rion wouldn't remember any of this, but Ilia might and he wouldn't want to scar the kid any more than now.

Garland was looking at the growing crowd. It didn't seem like looters now, more like a mob of angry people. "That's not normal, something's riling up the crowd." Garland looked to the side as a fire erupted from a ship, it seemed like a few people have started throwing molotovs and started setting fires.

"Petch." He muttered, and the slow, careful walk away from the docks became a run. "I'll pick up the girl." He held out his hand to Ilia, but the little girl retreated back to her mother, holding tightly.

"Come on, we need to run fast and I can carry you." Garland said and looked over to her mother. "Where the bloody hai are the knights?"

Garland reassure Ilia and carried her. "Let's move quickly." Garland rushed off, hopefully the other two were following behind. When they reached the way out of the docks, the reason why the knights weren't here yet was apparent.

A crowd of people have rioted and blocked off the path. Garland dropped Ilia and looked over to Rose and Elin. "I'll clear a way. Better make a break for it when I clear the way." He looked over to Ilia. "Stay close to Rose or your mom, okay?"

With that Garland screamed, shield forward and rushed right into the crowd, knocking people out of the way, and when he ran out of momentum, he started shoving, punching and fighting his way through.
Image
User avatar
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second
 
Posts: 1289
Words: 659035
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Location: IRL: Philippines , IC: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Elin on May 21st, 2017, 3:01 pm

Elin couldn’t help but smile slightly as Roselina spoke to Ilia, confirming what Elin had said, and she felt the little girl relax more as they walked. She was definitely glad that Rose had spoken to Ilia, agreeing with what she’d said, and she could tell that Ilia was slightly happier.

Then she heard Rose address Garland’s potential situation after him choosing to help them, and Elin sighed quietly.
Then she listened as Garland spoke of how it wasn’t his first time being in trouble, then elaborated slightly on one of the knights, the unconscious one.
As he spoke Elin hoped that he wouldn’t elaborate on what he’d said, not while Ilia and Rion were there, and she was more than thankful that he stopped speaking.

Then she heard Garland mention that things weren’t normal and she looked towards the ships in time to see the fire. She watched it for a short few moments before turning back in time to feel Ilia move closer, avoiding going closer to the squire.
As he spoke to the little girl, Elin gently pushed her towards him, and the little girl stepped closer to him, although not eagerly.

Elin looked at him as he questioned where the knights were and Elin glanced around.
”There might be more trouble elsewhere that we haven't heard of?” she suggested, glancing around again to see that no more knights had arrived.

Once Garland had Ilia, Elin used both of her arms to protect the infant on her chest, before rushing after him.
”Shyke…” she mumbled under her breath as it became apparent that more looters and crowds were blocking their way, then she realised what they had said and checked to make sure Ilia hadn’t heard her.

She listened to Garland as he told them he would clear the way through, and quickly Elin took Ilia’s hand tightly, squeezing it to keep the little girl as close as she could.
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
User avatar
Elin
Player
 
Posts: 175
Words: 98038
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Roselina on May 30th, 2017, 2:41 pm



"How did something like this happen? I rarely see any crime here with all of you knights walking around, so it's surprising such a large riot here. I'm don't think I remember anything like this happening."

Not that the woman had played much attention to the happenings of the city much until recently. She was too wrapped up in her own problems.

It was then she looked around again, and noticed the growing fires. It seemed a lot worse than she thought if they were setting things on fire, and she wondered what had caused people to start it. "Petch it, they're starting fires now."

As Garland rushed forward, Roselina walked quickly behind him, her arms in front of her to block people they were shoving past. She checked to make sure the others were okay, before quickly looking forward, and shoving a man out of the way as they pushed through the crowds.
Image
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
User avatar
Roselina
Charismatic Con
 
Posts: 169
Words: 62863
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Garland on June 9th, 2017, 2:47 am

Image
Garland rushed through the crowd, knocking down dozens of protesters as he barreled through. Garland felt good, this was what he was made to do, protect people while dishing out punishment to the unruly side of the populace.

When they were almost near the end, a large man almost twice the size of Garland grabbed the squire and held him up to his face, the man was huge and strong, and lifted Garland from the ground with relative ease.

Garland without a tick's delay, he threw his head forward, aiming for the bridge of the large man's nose, bloodying the man's nose and making the man drop him.

When Garland landed on the ground, he threw up a strong uppercut right into the man's family jewels, sending the man kneeling on the ground, clutching his injured balls. Garland was not a man known for holding back punches, he started wailing on the man's face, punch after punch.

After the ninth punch or so, the man held up Garland's punch and countered with his own strong punch. Garland didn't have time to dodge to defend, so he took the punch to the face, he winced at the impact but grinned, instead of being sent back flying like other lesser fighters this behemoth of a man had fought, this comparatively tiny man had stood against him and just grinned a savage grin.

Garland turned to the others. "Tell the knights blocking the way that Garland sent ya! They'll let ya pass!" He yelled through the loud voices, he wasn't sure if they heard but it shouldn't be too long until he could rejoin his friend and her associate.

The larger man took the opportunity to attack again, and Garland just held up his hand and held the fist with his hand, the man then felt his jaw breaking, he didn't see the attack while he recoiled back.

Garland rubbed his chin, where the first attack had hit him, he spat at the ground, a bit of blood and phlegm landed on the ground.

The people had started moving away from the gargantuan man and the short squire. Those that knew Garland stepped back even more, those foolish enough to try and jump Garland were quickly dispatched and were dragged back into the crowd.

The large man just stood up to his full height and spat to the side like Garland, this time a tooth came out with the blood and mucus.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun." Garland cracked his knuckles and the brawl started.
Image
User avatar
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second
 
Posts: 1289
Words: 659035
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Location: IRL: Philippines , IC: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Water in a bottle [Roselina, Garland]

Postby Elin on June 9th, 2017, 8:38 am

Elin looked at Rose as the girl questioned why it had happened, speaking of how she didn't remember anything like this happening before, and Elin knew that in the short time she'd been in the city, she'd never experienced anything remotely like this.

Though she didn't particularly care whether it had happened before, she just cared about what was happening now. She had to get her children to safety before she considered anything else.

On the way through the crowd, Elin found herself worrying more and more about Ilia, so quickly she picked up the little girl and held her on her hip, the little girls legs positioned so they were just below Rion.

It would have been a lie if Elin had pretended it was easy to carry both of her children, but she felt a lot more secure and knew that if they had to move even faster, she wouldn't risk losing Ilia.

Then she noticed that they were almost at the end, and suddenly the squire was caught in combat with a large man.

"Shyke..." Elin mumbled under her breath, but still she made her closer, only stopping to attempt to stomp on a man's foot when he had come too close and almost knocked Ilia out of Elin's arms, though it seemed he couldn't tell what he had done or who had stepped on his foot. It also appeared that her attempted attack on his foot hadn't done much to phase him and soon he was out of the way.

Elin felt Ilia nuzzle her head into her neck, and she was certain she could feel tears from the little girl, and Elin hurried through, hearing the squire tell them to tell the knights blocking the way that 'Garland' had sent them, and Elin nodded.

"If you're sure!" Elin said, with no intention of sticking around. Had she been without the two children, she'd likely have argued and stuck around to help the squire, but with her two children, she knew that she had to put them first.

She quickened her pace, only once turning back to see if she could spot the squire who seemed to be called Garland as she made her way towards the knights.
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
User avatar
Elin
Player
 
Posts: 175
Words: 98038
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest