Open Birthday Wishes

A birthday is a perfect time to drunkenly cry about dead family members.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Moderators: Prophet, Reflection

Birthday Wishes

Postby Roselina on April 29th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Image

30th of Spring, 517



If asked, the con artist would never admit it, but she couldn't hold her drink at all. Yet she found herself in the Rearing Stallion, clutching a mug of ale with her head in her hands, and a glare towards the table. Roselina's eyes were bloodshot, with large bags underneath them, her hair was messy and untamed, and her brothers dagger was lay on the table, a glance shot towards it now and then by the woman simply to check that it was still there.

The grieving woman sat on a table alone, as far away from other people as she could, and seeing the state she was in they all generally avoided her. Good. That was exactly what she wanted, they weren't worth her time right now.

She hated the spring, when the weather, usually, melted the snow of winter and people seemed to be in a better mood. The brown haired woman hated it, she didn't understand why they all felt so happy. Spring was when her birthday was, Florian's birthday. It just reminded her of when he died, of when he was murdered. It made her remember the worst times, the days he acted awful towards her. When they ran away from mother and father, when she wasn't good enough to survive on her own.

Laying her head on the table, and staring at the drink she had just took a large swig of, she decided that she likely wasn't really surviving on her own even now. She hated it all. Most of the things she did were just because her twin brother would have done that, and in a way she had become similar to him in more ways than just appearance.

The woman hoped that no one tried to approach her, which seemed likely since she looked distraught and broken, and took another large swig from her mug of ale. Drinking didn't really help her, she could see that it wasn't working. Yet she was too upset to care. If someone she knew came up to her, she had no idea what they would say. For at least a short while, her usual facade was long gone, it was too stressful to keep it up in her current state, so she simply appeared as she truly was.
Image
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
User avatar
Roselina
Charismatic Con
 
Posts: 169
Words: 62863
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Birthday Wishes

Postby Luck on May 2nd, 2017, 4:43 am

Image
--------------------------------------------------------
L u c k
--------------------------------------------------------



The bar seemed an unlikely place for someone of her size and stature, but the Pycon had done a lot this season and she wanted, more than anything, to learn how to socialise. She felt it was important in order to get over her fears of... well of everything and anyone. She wanted to understand as much as she could. And people boggled her mind and intrigued her. They also terrified her so bad that she wanted to live like a hermit and never see them. But that wasn't an option if progress was ever to be made. She couldn't really just order a drink, she couldn't digest a drink, so she thought, maybe... she could buy someone else a drink? Maybe that would permit her to sit at the bar like others.

Upon walking in, all she could see was the intimidating towering beings from the floor where she walked. If she had any saliva on hand she would have made an audible gulp, but in this case she just let out a nervous shiver. She hopped across the floor and away from the door so that it would be too late to back out. She decided she would just choose a table at random, and climb up onto the seat. She had been practicing her climbing, and she taught she was getting the hang of it. The Pycon female set about choosing a table with some feet at the bottom. Once she had located one, fairly close to the door just in case she had to run away, she stretched out her torso and arms, getting thinner and taller until she could hook onto the seat of a wooden chair. She pulled herself off the ground by shortening herself back to normal and clumsily scrambled onto the chair.

The pycon then had to repeat the same tiring ordeal to get onto the table. When she managed that incredible feat she was tired and already wanted to go home, but she hadn't done this for nothing! No way!

As soon as she took a glance of the woman across from her though she felt regret for having done this. She hadn't even seen the knife yet, all she saw the expression on her face. Human emotion was usually hard for her to read but this was obvious. She was extremely upset and maybe very angry as well. The Pycon squeaked a hurried apology and babbled an excuse for her presence "Oh dear or dear, I'm sorry, I didn't know someone was sitting here, it was hard to see b-b-before I climbed up and..." She trailed off "Oh are you okay? I'm sorry to have bothered you. It's very tiring climbing onto theses tables but I... I can get down and leave you alone if you want I..." She trailed off again and backed up again, after taking a look at the dagger laying on the table "Oh my..." She stepped backwards in a hurry to the woman left side far away from the knife and ready to ball as much clay around her head as possible and dive bomb off the table if need be.

In fact, she was about to get what she was considering having suddenly felt herself stepping back onto nothing but air. She fell backwards, and shot a little clay arm out to the table. What an impossibly long fall it seemed to be when she was hanging from it. It was hard to judge weather or not she would be squished if she fell. "H-Hey, could you give me a h-hand?" She begged the young lady. This was a mistake and never would it happen again if she was on her own. What was she thinking coming here?

User avatar
Luck
Player
 
Posts: 6
Words: 4965
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 2:36 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Birthday Wishes

Postby Garland on May 2nd, 2017, 7:41 am

Image
Garland wanted to just have fun and relax after a hard days work, and that was what he intended when he burst in the tavern and asked for drink.

The tavern seemed to be in a joyous mood, people laughed, cheered and sung to the music and that was what Garland wanted, a good fun time in the tavern and to get happy drunk. He grabbed the mug of ale that he ordered and joined in the revelry.

But Garland wasn't nearly drunk enough to not notice the space that was devoid of people save for one. Garland would normally do what everyone else was doing and avoid the sad droopy person but when that sad person was a friend, Garland just wanted to cheer them up.

And if cheering them up didn't work, he could always be a shoulder to cry one, gods know how much he needed them when he was like this.

Garland broke off from the dancing and cheering and the music that was in the tavern was blocked out. He pulled up a chair and sat on the opposite side of the table Rose was on. "Pretty girl like you shouldn't have such a sour look on your face."

Really? That's what you're opening up with?

"Ahem. Hey, Rose. Enjoying the drink?" Garland was unsure how to approach this, but like usually, he rarely thought things through, this included. He took another swig of his ale and placed it down on the table.

When he placed the mug down, he happened to see a Pycon hanging on the edge of the table. He was pretty sure that she wasn't trying to do stunts. He placed his hand under the Pycon's feet and lifted her up to the table.

"Hey there, are you alright?" Garland asked the little clay... thing, and waited for a reply. In all honesty, Rose didn't seem like she wanted to talk, but that didn't stop him from trying.

He turned his attention back to Rose and gave her a concerned look. "Seems like somethings troubling you... Pick your poison, drinks are on me."

spoiler :
Luck, I think Pycons can get drunk, I remember a Pycon getting ale into her nexus and she ended up very drunk
Image
User avatar
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second
 
Posts: 1289
Words: 659035
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Location: IRL: Philippines , IC: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Birthday Wishes

Postby Roselina on May 2nd, 2017, 7:48 pm



The woman looked up with a slight sigh, naturally people showed up, and one of them just had to be someone she knew. Now she was looking up, her tired features were clearer, as well as her overall ragged appearance. Her face was paler than usual, and she looked ill, and definetly not the youthful appearance she had. The woman was clearly not here to enjoy herself, rather she was in the place to buy drink that wasn't too expensive.

It wasn't like her to be rude to someone who she considered a friend though, and with the few she had it wasn't something she could afford to do. Though perhaps making friends with squires wasn't wise, she thought a myriad of curses in her mind and decided she would at least try to be friendly in the state she was in.

She managed a weary chuckle, sarcasm coming out in an attempt to seem happier. "Pretty? Wouldn't call myself that in this state."

"I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it, but it's a drink." The woman wasn't that far gone that her speech sounded inebriated yet, but she spoke slightly slower than usual, whether that was from the drink or her emotions she was unsure. Needless to say, the front she attempted to put up was very easily seen through, seeing as her appearance still looked sad.

Looking over at the Pycon, a humanoid looking little thing, she gave a weak smile. "It's fine." She paused slightly awkwardly, before taking a large sip of her drink. "No need to apologise so much."

Turning back to Garland when he spoke to her, bringing up the fact that she was very clearly upset, she snapped slightly irritably at the squire. "Do I look like I want to talk?" She paused for a moment before muttering an apology, seeming much more insecure than usual. "Sorry. Ale if you really want to buy me one."
Image
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
User avatar
Roselina
Charismatic Con
 
Posts: 169
Words: 62863
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Birthday Wishes

Postby Garland on May 17th, 2017, 2:43 am

Image
spoiler :
Skipping Luck because she's been gone for a few weeks now


Garland didn't pay any mind to the small Pycon, and focused only to Rose. He was worried but he hid it with a smile. He didn't react when she snapped at him, he just gave a comforting smile. "Ale it is."

Garland turned to a waitress and called her over. "Ale, would you kindly?" He yelled over the din of the crowd, and the waitress nodded and walked off to get their order.

He took a swig of his own ale and thought that Rose needs something stronger than this if she's having a bad time, but he wasn't going to bring it up right now, she needed someone to listen rather than a drink right now.

Maybe both though, he'll ask for something stronger if she finishes her drinks. "I won't make you talk if you don't want to, just here if you need company, also I don't do well without talking, so you don't have to reply, but I might just start talking to myself."

Garland gave a reassuring grin and took another drink. "Ahh, that's good. How ya been this season? What happened at the docks a few days ago, how is your friend? She doing alright? What about the kids?"

Garland kept his voice low, it was just something to add to the background of the noise in the tavern, Rose seemed like she had something on her mind, but he wasn't going to pry, even though he was really curious as to what she was thinking.

Maybe she broke up with someone?

Rose?! Hah, no, that's not possible. She's too free for that, she'd enjoy a breakup I think.

Garland thought about the Pycon that was keeping quiet, he wondered if the tavern served Pycons, he had never seen a Pycon here before, maybe they'll have little thimble cups, that would be cute... Depending on the Pycon, Hammer Fist would look weird with a thimble cup.
Image
User avatar
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second
 
Posts: 1289
Words: 659035
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Location: IRL: Philippines , IC: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Birthday Wishes

Postby Roselina on May 19th, 2017, 8:28 pm



Content to ignore the small Pycon since it had gone quiet, Rose gave a weak smile towards Garland when he got her a drink, he was bring kind, and she already felt guilty about snapping at him. It wasn't anyone else's fault that her twin died. She knew it was a bad idea to go to a tavern, since she was bound to end up meeting someone who she knew.

She took a sip of her ale before attempting a grin, though it didn't work that well, and attempted to make her words sound lighthearted. "It's a long story anyway, no point in me telling it." Her words sounded kind of forced, and not as she had intended them to be.

"I haven't seen her since then, I only met her on the day when we were trying to get out of the crowd." Her words trailed off, finding it hard to keep talking as she usually would. Her mood was making it hard for her to keep up how she would usually talk, and she couldn't stop thinking about the person she shared her birthday with, and what had happened to him.
Image
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
User avatar
Roselina
Charismatic Con
 
Posts: 169
Words: 62863
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Birthday Wishes

Postby Garland on May 20th, 2017, 4:30 am

Image
Garland gave a reassuring grin, as usual. Rose was in a dark place, but all he could do was try and be a light for her. It was her choice to follow him or at least hold on to the light.

"Your choice, Rose. I won't pry, but I won't hide that I'm curious." Garland took another swig, eyeing Rose with a hidden worried glance. He had seen that look before, on himself in a mirror.

Rose was missing someone, usually it meant they left for some other city, they dumped you or they died. If it was the last one, he'd rather not ask. "I'll try to get your mind off the thing you're thinking about."

Garland started talking, nonsensical stuff, stories of him doing heroic deeds, comedic story where he was made a fool, there were plenty of those, but in truth, he was just gauging Rose's reactions to it.

No response by the looks of it. He was worried about her but he wasn't sure how to approach this. He gave a small worried smile and moved his chair closer to her. "You're not some kid that thinks that hugs and treats would make things better but... I offer you a hug if you're willing to take it."

He spread his arms wide, comical arm spreading, hopefully he could get a genuine laugh out of her at least. Garland took another swig of his own ale, he expected either a slap, or being totally ignored again, he didn't expect Rose would take his offer, but he'd be happy to follow through
Image
User avatar
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second
 
Posts: 1289
Words: 659035
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Location: IRL: Philippines , IC: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest