Closed Getting a Puppy

Jasmine assists Samuel in finding a dog.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Getting a Puppy

Postby Samuel Longwell on December 21st, 2017, 8:50 pm

Samuel had finally decided on a name, he was going to call the older dog Fela. He could vaguely remember the name from a story his parents told him when he was tiny, and the name invoked warm memories for the warrior. He shook his head and turned his attention to his teacher. He watched intently as Jasmine demonstrated the command for him slowly. He nodded, signing his thanks to the woman. As the Drykas released the chicken Fela's eyes darted after the bird, but didn't make a move to chase after it. The same could not be said for Alice, who scampered away before she was scooped up by Jasmine. Samuel suppressed a smile, then carefully motioned for Fela to track the chicken.

The sleek canine disappeared into the grass after the chicken. Samuel turned to acknowledge the Drykas man who had walked over. The warrior signed a rough greeting, the Drykas returning the greeting and inclining his head. Tomma, apparently the one in charge, wanted to know more about Samuel.

“I am from Syliras, a knight. I come to Endrykas to help our people become closer. I help by teaching Drykas to fight, I grow up learning more weapons. I not know much about dogs, but Jasmine had helped me.” He smiled cautiously at the older man, who stared deep into his eyes. The Syliran met the stare, shifting slightly on his feet under the Drykas' cool gaze.

“Okay, you seem genuine enough.” Tomma said, “But you hurt the dogs and you'll regret it.” Having said all he intended to, the man turned and walked over to where new customers had appeared. Samuel had heard his fair share of threats in his time, but there was something about the shear simplicity of the statement that left him in no doubt of the Drykas' sincerity.

Fela reappeared with her prey still squirming in her jaws. Samuel was impressed, the training that must have been necessary to prevent the dog from killing the bird astounded him. Jasmine attached the collars to the two dogs, and he paid her for the accessories. He took in her instructions with a nod.

“Much thanks for all the teaching Jasmine.” Samuel said, “I am very pleased with everything. I will take care of them both.” He pressed Fela's face against his leg, and motioned for her to stay. As he left, with Alice bounding along beside him on a leash, the older hunter dutifully stayed at his heel. He waved to the young woman as he started on the short journey back to his own tent.

Many thanks to Prophet for the box code.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous