The Waters of Indecision [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Re: The Waters of Indecision [Open]

Postby Kavala on November 6th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Kavala nodded. She knew what a kelvic was, for Endrykas and the horseclans occasionally had some born among their people. They were rarer in Cyphrus than they were in Sylira, but they still cropped up enough that people knew what they were. "I see what your saying. There are lots of people in Riverfall. Perhaps someone will suit you and you can rebond with them. But truthfully, I would never call anyone 'master' or 'mistress'. There is a difference between serving someone and being owned by them. Those simple terms can make all the difference in the world. No one should ever own you, Amaya... even if you are Kelvic. You should have a partnership instead. I grew up among the Drykas. Many people would say we own the finest horses in the world. The truth is, we are in partnership with them. That is why they run faster and work harder for us... as we do for them." Kavala said softly, thoughtfully.

"That way there is no debt. There is only the joy in friendship."
Kav said softly, sincerely.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Amaya on November 9th, 2009, 3:24 pm

Amaya understood what Kavala was saying, but shook her head. "I know I shouldn't be owned by anyone, but it's almost as if I can't help but yearn for a master to follow. I want to follow someone's orders and make them happy by pleasing them and their family and friends. It's just who I've grown up to be. It's all I've ever known... I don't think I can change who I've become overnight..."

Amaya grew silent for a while as thoughts whized around in her mind. She then looked up at Kavala and asked, "Maybe you could be my new mistress. You're very nice and seem like you could use a companion."
Amaya
Player

Words: 2717
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2009, 6:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic

Postby Kavala on November 9th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Kavala reached out and stroked Amaya's hair again, brushing it out of her eyes and looking deeply into their depths. She wanted Amaya to understand what she suspected, and to clearly hear her words. "I've never had a kelvic bondmate, Amaya, but I am bonded to a strider stallion. It is not so different, I think.... I was raised among the Drykas, and when we come of age, we go out in the herds and try to find a mount. Horses either accept us or they don't.. but if they do, we get our windmarks." The young Konti said softly. "There was a young stallion out in the herds that belonged to no one. When we first set eyes on each other, I saw strength and beauty and grace that took my breath away. He was absolutely the most beautiful horse I've ever seen. Buckskin, half wild, with no braiding in his mane of ownership, I knew immediately that he was a rogue. He turned and looked at me, right at me, and I could feel him looking at my soul. I just knew... we were somehow intertwined. I could feel the bond forming... it was immediate, tangible, and magical. People in Endrykas who have Kelvic bondmates say there is a similar sensation. They would die for each other and feel a soul deep connection from the moment they set eyes on each other." Kavala said gently.

"I don't feel that with you, but I have a feeling its because you were meant for one of the males here. But I do see a beautiful young woman that needs to wait... and be patient. You have no idea how valuable you are here. The Akalak depend on female Kelvics... even Konti.. for various things, but especially to give them children. If I were you, Amaya, I'd find yourself a situation to hold tight in and talk to as many of the people here as you can until you feel the same thing I felt with Windsong. You deserve to have that sort of relationship, that deep seeded bond that nothing can break. It's so much better than being 'owned'." The konti said softly once more, then ran her hand down Amaya's face to cup her chin.

"I need to get some things worked out. I need to feel better because I've had a really rough season. But I want to open a stables here for the Akalak with an attached clinic for sick animals. I could really use some help getting it set up, not to mention having a wolf around to guard the place would be incredibly helpful. It would give you a chance to figure out what you want to do with your life and look for a more proper companion, one that you can love with all your heart. But until then, you could stay with me... help me out.. and earn a wage depending on how the Akalak let me set up the stable and clinic."
Kavala suggested. She shifted, swirled her legs in the water a bit more and smiled.

"What do you think? I'm not much of a cook either, so you could take over those duties when we get things up and running."
The Konti said with a smile.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amaya on November 10th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Amaya heard Kavala's words clearly and finally understood what she had been saying. The Kelvic smiled and nodded to her new friend. She listened to Kavala's idea about a stables and a clinic for sick animals and thought it was a very noble idea. When she mentioned having Amaya help her guard the construction site and doing the cooking for her once things got going, she felt overjoyed.
"Of course I'll help you Kavala!" she leaped up and hugged the Konti. "Thank you so much! I'll be the best guard ever!"
Amaya
Player

Postby Kavala on November 11th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Kavala leaned forward, running her hands into the kelvic wolves hair again. She would have liked to have said yes... truthfully she would have. But Kavala knew that right now she had to take care of herself first and feel better before she could be responsible for someone else. Her people sometimes traded with the dark warriors, and though she knew virtually nothing about them, and knew they valued women since they had none.

But she'd build the clinic, if the Chivan's would let her, and stay here for a while. But she owed Amaya more of an explanation than she gave her. It was somehow important for Amaya to understand Kavala's rejection.

"Amaya... I am very young for a Konti. I just recently left my father's people, the Drykas, and returned to my mother's homeland for a year of studying medicine. I was on my way back to the grasslands when slavers captured me. I know what it is like to be enslaved. When you take someone who's always been free... and cage them, something happens inside thats very damaging. It takes a while to heal, if ever. The Akalak raided the slavers caravan and freed several of us. That's how I got here. I would very much like a Kelvic companion, but until I get myself... straightened out. And I feel better, I won't be much use to anyone."
The Konti said softly, sincerely. "But I think you could do a lot of good here and be really helpful. I will need all kind of help with the clinic, and having a kelvic around... you can talk to canines right?... will be invaluable. I... am looking forward to working with you. And who knows... when we both settle in here, that bond you seek might indeed form." Kavala said gently, wanting the wolf to understand.

Kavala slipped her feet out of the water, and stretched. "Now, would you like to come with me and wander the upper level? I need to see if I can find a vacant building on the outskirts of the city with some pasture or at least a place we can clear some pasture that would make a good stables. I have been told we can wander at will, so it might be rather fun to go explore." Kavala suggested, smiling.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amaya on November 12th, 2009, 3:04 pm

Amaya listened to Kavala's tale and felt saddened by her own past experiences. She had been separated from her parents and knew nothing about her mother. The only trinket she owned was the memories of the year she spent with her father in the mountains and the paw-print hair clip that was made by her mother. She pulled herself out of the water and touched the hair clip, trying desperately to put a face to her mother's warm embrace.

"I kinda understand what you're talking about, Kavala... I was taken away from my parents when I was just a child and sold to my previous master, who was very kind to me. He treated me like more than just a servant and more like his own daughter. Though he was human, we grew closer than I could have imagined... though we never bonded the way you and your horse did..." Amaya said softly. When the Konti suggested going out for a while to explore, Amaya jumped up and excitedly agreed.
Amaya
Player

Postby Kavala on November 18th, 2009, 8:45 pm

NoteI was really hoping the Domain Storyteller would get back to us so we could know what sort of building etc we'd have available, but I guess we can just walk around and look at structures etc until other threads get going? If you have any suggestions, feel free to jump in with them.

Kavala smiled, and rose from where she was sitting at the water's edge. "Do you need a towel or anything? Maybe to stop somewhere for dry clothing?" The konti woman suggested, wondering if the kelvic would get cold being wet, for all that it was a warm fall day. Awaiting Amaya's response, Kavala would either head back to Godiva's for a change of clothing or start up some of the long winding staircases that lead to the upper levels.

One thing about living in Riverfall, there would be no worry about a lax in physical fitness. Simply navigating the city itself, with all its vertical challenges, would prove to be quite the experience, keeping legs and lungs fit for certain.

The view on the staircases were breathtaking, looking out over the Suvan Sea. It stretched like a colorful gem, reflecting Syna's waning fall light with a deep sapphire radiance that etched itself in Kavala's mind. Riverfall was a special place... that much was for certain. There was the roar of the mother falls, the sound of the leaves of the trees swaying in the artificial wind, and the glittering buildings perched precariously cliffside. It was all in all a very elegant place, for all that it was filled with men. Kavala was used to men. They made up most of her family and pavilion in her Drykas home. Before her mother's death, Kavala and Akela had been the only two women in their extended family. Now, Kavala wondered, how her sister fared being the only one left. Had she stayed in Cyphrus? Or was she out in the world somewhere, like Kavala was, trying to discover herself?
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amaya on November 24th, 2009, 4:13 pm

Kavala smiled, and rose from where she was sitting at the water's edge. "Do you need a towel or anything? Maybe to stop somewhere for dry clothing?" The konti woman suggested, wondering if the kelvic would get cold being wet, for all that it was a warm fall day. Awaiting Amaya's response, Kavala would either head back to Godiva's for a change of clothing or start up some of the long winding staircases that lead to the upper levels.

Amaya lifted herself out of the water and a man nearby handed her a towel. She nodded her thanks and wrapped the towel around herself. "I think we'll need a change of clothes first, before we start walking around. Even though it's warm, it's still possible for me to catch a cold."

Amaya headed back to her room and changed into her dry clothes and out of her wet bathing suit. She looked at herself in the mirror and adjusted her hairpin. She remembered the day she had gotten it, but after that... her memories were empty and full of sadness.

She rejoined Kavala and smiled. "Ready to go Kavala?"
Amaya
Player

Postby Saika on November 30th, 2009, 6:07 pm

(OOC: Hope you two do not mind if I jump in))

Saika let out a soft sigh as he stood up, his bones popping softly as he forced his body to wake after a quick nap under the trees. His dark midnight skin staning out even under the shadows of the trees. His pale gold eyes blinking softly as his hands moved picking up his two wooden Lakan's. Both moving and sliding within his belt to hold them as he moved about.

He was a rather young Akalak being only 14 not even doing any rites yet however that did not stop him as he trained daily like his race did in arts of combat and in other areas. He had almost two more seasons before his rite to hunt and he was looking forward to the event like any other of his race.

His outfit was a simple black outfit of pants, shirt, leather boots and gloves. It gave him enough room to move about in case he felt like a quick spar and yet still aollowed him to be somewhat dressed. His fingers brushed along his short black hair as he moved onward to the city yet really he had no idea what he would do for right now. He was free for the day and night yet maybe something would pull him away to have fun even if that fun could be anything.

Saika just roamed the city, his pale gold eyes scanning the area around him as he moved out of the way of others. He knew the place as if it was the back of his hand and he had every right to know due to he lived here all his life. A soft hum left his lips as he moved still searching for something to do. A look of boredom clearly could be seen on his face.

Yet if one knew Saika they would see that look alot yet that did not mean he was lazy. His body was fit like any other Akalak yet short due to his age being only 5'9. His mind always went to one thing to another trying to feed a endless hunger within his soul due to he did get bored easy unless something held his mind.
Saika
Player

Words: 2135
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 7:53 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on December 3rd, 2009, 8:23 pm

Kavala waited patiently while Amaya changed out of her wet clothing and got ready to go wander. While the girl was waiting Kavala re-evaluated what she needed. It was simple... a stable or something that could be turned into a stable, with a small attached or detached living area, and possibly another large building that could be used for some sort of animal clinic and sanctuary. Truth be told, buildings made Kavala a little nervous, though she'd never admit that to anyone here. She was used to the soft deep colors of a pavilions walls that were in constant motion with the wind of the grasslands. So something at the top of the falls would be best, hopefully adjacent to vacant land on the edge of Riverfall.

So, if nothing else a warehouse or some sort of square building with a courtyard would do. One could be built, though she wasn't certain where the money would come from. Kavala remembered the women at Godiva's talking about settling here... how the city encouraged new women to stay... but she wasn't certain it was a good plan. On the plains, you could see enemies coming. You could feel the wind tell you what the weather would be. Here things were permanent, not transitional.

She smiled at Amaya, relayed this information to her... "We're looking for buildings... something that would work as a stable and animal sanctuary. I prefer a square with a courtyard. I loved the courtyards in Mura. Though a warehouse or something of that nature would do too. It should be on the edge of the city, though I'm not certain if there's any grazing at the top. Will you help me look? It might be easier if we find someone to guide us locally.... a boy or something." Kavala said softly, glancing around.

It was then she spotted Saika, lounging and looking bored. He wasn't exactly a boy, nor was he quite a man. "Excuse me, Sir... would you be interested in escorting two ladies to see if they can find an empty building? We're looking for a potential site for a business... a horse stables." Kavala said, getting the youth's attention and asking him politely.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext