Closed Childish Nights [Nephti]

Nephti babysits Ilia and Rion for Elin

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Childish Nights [Nephti]

Postby Elin on June 8th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Image64th Summer, 517
"Common" | "Kontinese" | "Tukant"

Elin sighed loudly as she glanced around her room in the Inn. It was messy, with various pieces of the artists toolkit strewn across the floor from where Ilia had decided she wanted to 'look' for something.
"Ilia, did you really have to throw it everywhere?" Elin sighed again as the three year old looked up and grinned cheekily at her, and Elin couldn't help but smile slightly. "You could get away with murder you little bundle of sweetness!" she said, shaking her head slightly before she started to pick up the different brushes and materials and put them back into the corner where she had been storing all their things, before turning back to the little girl who was playing with her little brother on the floor, tricking him in some silly little game that Elin didn't understand the rules of, but it seemed that they enjoyed it from the giggles that came from Rion everytime Ilia did something.
It was something that Elin had always loved seeing, her two beloved children playing together and getting on with each other.

Sighing again, quieter this time, she glanced over the room to make sure it was tidy enough for Nephti's arrival. She didn't want to seem like an overly disorganised person in front of the Eypharian woman, though she didn't want to seem untidy to anyone. It just so happened that a few people had surprised and seem her living space in all it's messy glory.

Still, she wasn't quite sure whether it was tidy enough yet though she knew that she was likely too late to make any notable impact on how tidy the room was, so instead she simply moved to sit with Rion and Ilia so she could speak with them and let them know what was happening.

"So you two little monsters." she said, her voice filled with affection for the children despite calling them monsters. "I'm going to be going out for a little while, just a few bells, and Nephti is going to be coming over to look after you until I get back." she said calmly, wrapping her arms around the two and pulling them both into a hug. "So, I just wanted to lay down some ground rules, okay? Number one, you be nice to Nephti. You have to be well behaved and do what she says. Number two, if anything happens and you need help, go to the entrance and ask the nice lady there for help, though I doubt you'll need anything." Elin said, watching Ilia nod, and then laughing slightly at Rion as he babbled away, sounding as though he was trying to copy what Elin was saying.

"Where are you going mummy?" asked Ilia and Elin smiled slightly.

"Mummy has a few errands that she needs to run, and their errands that you two can't help with, otherwise you two would be coming with me." she said with a smile, leaning down to kiss Ilia's forehead. "But I promise that I won't be too long, and you won't miss me. You've got Nephti after all!" Elin grinned at the two children, hugging them again before she got back up to her feet and straightened her dress out and ran her fingers through her hair and making sure it was neat.

Boxcode by Gossamer
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Childish Nights [Nephti]

Postby Nephti on June 8th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Nephti was almost excited by this little job, excited to do something to help a friend - she could call her that, right? - excited to play with her children. There was something haunting in the back of her mind that reminded her where her care for children came from, but she pushed that away, telling herself there was no need to bring that back. She had to make something from it, not ignore the things she had learnt.

But her feet didn't seem to listen to her, and for the third time she turned into the wrong street, for some reason struggling to return to the Cubacious Inn even despite the key. Sure, it tugged her left and right, but the streets never seemed to match with the direction it wanted to go, until, finally, a path opened up in front of her, and she gave a sigh of relief. No embarrassment of turning up ridiculously late, then!

With a smile, she moved up to the Inn, but took the other staircase, finding herself racing up the stairs. Pausing only a moment before she knocked lightly on the door, a smile waiting on her face when Elin came to open it up.

"Hi Elin! I hope I am not late? I do not want to... to stop you going?" she smiled again, inviting herself in as politely as possible. The room wasn't particularly impressive, perhaps not even as nice as her own, but it was sweet, and clearly the home to this small family. The floor still carried a few paintbrushes, remains from the mess Ilia had made, and the two children sat there, Nephti ready with a smile for them too.

"I need to know anything?" she asked, turning back towards Elin and hoping for some sort of instructions, "How long are you out?"
Nephti
Player

Words: 198805
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Childish Nights [Nephti]

Postby Elin on June 8th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Elin was checking over the room one last time before she heard a knock on the door.
Almost instantly she rushed towards it and opened it to see Nephti and she couldn't help but grin at the girl.
She got the feeling that Nephti would be excellent at looking after kids, especially with her six arms. Elin was possibly even slightly jealous of the girl and wished that she two had six arms, imagining how much easier it would have made everything, from childcare to cooking.

"No, no. You're just on time! Not late at all!" Elin beamed after the young woman greeted her, before gesturing for her to enter. "Sorry for the mess, Ilia decided she had to look for something and that meant she had to turn the room upside down!" Elin exclaimed turning to look at Ilia and watching the girl giggle in response.

Then she heard Nephti ask if she needed to know anything and Elin racked her brains, before opening her mouth to speak.
"Ilia tends to like to try and play tricks on people, so if you think she's up to no good, just ask her about her flute, and she'll likely stop and try to play you a song." Elin explained, thinking of a few more things to say. "They've both been fed, but if they ask for food, there's some bread and honey candies in there." Elin said pointing to a picnic basket in the corner of the room. "And Rion doesn't really cry much and if he does it's usually because he wants attention." she said before checking to see if she'd covered everything, and she couldn't think of anything else to say before she heard Nephti asked how long she'd be and Elin grinned.
"Probably two, maybe three bells? If that's okay with you of course." she said calmly, before moving to kiss Ilia and Rion's foreheads again. "Are you sure you're okay with this?" Elin asked, stepping back towards the door, wondering whether Alvadas would be nice to her this time.

"Anyway, I should really head off now! Thank you so much for this Nephti!" Elin said full of relief that Nephti was here, before she turned to the two children and pointed at them. "And you two had best behave!" she said, before waving goodbye to both them and Nephti as she left.

Boxcode by Gossamer
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Childish Nights [Nephti]

Postby Nephti on August 6th, 2017, 7:11 pm

"No, no, mess is not bad," she reassured, glancing at it. It wasn't a mess at all, not really. The little boy she had cared for, once, he had been so much worse. Instead of a few paintbrushes, he'd have all the paint everywhere, finger smears in his own artwork on the floor, the walls, the cloth hanging off the bed. This? This was nothing - it would take her a few seconds to pick it up and put it back where it was meant to be.

Elin went on to let her know what she needed to know. Ilia would be distracted if asked about her flute. Rion cried if he wanted attention, which she'd be sure to give him. And there was food if they needed it - she was certain that the children would ask for some as soon as their mother was gone. All kids were like that - they'd think they have free reign once out of sight of their parents.

Then, as the great mother she was, she checked that Nephti was okay with everything. More than understandable. When Nephti had children, she'd want to reassure herself she was leaving them in capable hands. Elin needn't worry. Nephti's unfortunate past meant, at the very least, that she knew how to take care of a few little children, especially since it was only a few bells. She'd be back before they realised.

"I will be fine! Go! Have fun! Bye!" she called, watching her slip out of the door and leave Nephti with the little munchkins. She turned, placing one set of hands on her hips as she left the upper and lower pairs hanging loose, hoping to show that she wasn't quite that serious.

"Now, what you look for, Ilia? Did you find it? Maybe I can help you look?" she moved over towards the paintbrushes, sweeping them up in her lower hands and searching for the place to keep them.

Actually, this could be a lot more fun. "Do you know how to paint?" She hoped Elin wouldn't mind. In fact, she'd be more than happy to buy her a whole new set of things, if she needed them. Because after all, it was her interest in the whole thing that sparked that suggestion.

Maybe Elin painted? She'd love to see something she had drawn. "Maybe you have some pictures to show me?"

The girl's face seemed to light up. Maybe this was a good idea?

oocWhoops, sorry for the wait. So what now? Am I taking it as a solo from here? just let me know if you write the two kids wrong!!
Nephti
Player

Words: 198805
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes