Solo [Valkahal Academy] Student Once More

[Job] Martini attempts to become a student again in the hopes of broadening her horizons and improving her current skills.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Valkahal Academy] Student Once More

Postby Martini Elwood on June 21st, 2017, 2:49 am

"Others." - "Common." - "Tukant."

Director's Office
40th of Summer, 517
10th Bell, 23rd Chime

The Valkalah Academy, a large building built with golden stone and with little blemishes other than stand out minerals. It had a nice exterior, but Martini wondered if it was structurally sound seeding as it was built into a cliff. Of course it was. The Rivarians were craftsman of the highest degree and very competitive. They would not allow a single mistake in their arts, or in their lives.

Looking back on it, when Martini asked about extra schooling, she'd never expected the building to be so pretty. Apparently they had lessons for everyone from mind to core, to Arts from arcane. She knew in that moment that this Academy was what she needed. She would definitely apply for the arts hall and if she did she would most likely join core for history and math.

Though the mind hall was largely known, Martini didn't have any particular interest in it. She didn't bother ruminating on the arcane hall since it was pointless. Instead she walked slowly up to the wooden door, were the name of the academy was carved.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

With that done she pushed up an the wooden double doors a d was immediately met with the echoes of voices, Akalak and otherwise as they moved to classes or chatted while on break. She was immediately awed by the sheer amount of people, much more the layout. When she gained enough her sense to look around, she noticed a desk with an older Akalak sitting behind it, fiddling with some sort of parchment.

The next thing Martini spotted was the torches that lit the halls and made shadows dance as children and adult alike made their way through the building. The torches hung on the walls like mounts.

"Is there anything I can assist you with, young miss?" The Akalak behind the desk cleared his throat as she approached to focus her attention on himself. This blue skinned man waited patiently for Martini to focus which she did skin after.

"Oh, yes. Sorry. I'm looking to enroll?" It came out as more of a question. Martini had always been listed for Home Instruction Schooling. Her lessons were taught by a private tutor who came to her home, so she had no idea what a actual school setting was like.

"I see. What were you hoping to study for? And while not necessary for enrollment, are you of Kuvan Status?" The Akalak picked up a loose piece of parchment and began to not down notes as Martini spoke. Martini waited for the male to finish before she spoke.

"Yes, I'm looking for an artistry mentor. I've taken and passed the exam." Martini could still feel the happiness she felt when passing the exam when someone mentioned it. Martini raised a brown when she got a hum in return. She briefly wondered how much paperwork the man does a day.

"Hmm... I suppose Miss Lewis would be a good fit." The Akalak seemed to be talking to himself, so to the most part Martini stayed silent unless asked a question. When she finally got it all done, she was more than ready to draw. Martini was then showed directions to the library, where she would supposedly meet her instructor.
Last edited by Martini Elwood on August 3rd, 2017, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martini Elwood
Heartfelt Artist

Words: 39517
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

[Valkahal Academy] Student Once More

Postby Martini Elwood on June 25th, 2017, 9:32 pm

When stepping in to the library, the woman was met with the scent of paper that made the air thick and hard to breath in. Though it wasn't overpowering, it was still uncomfortable and lacked the comfort of her home. The academy had the library tucked out of sight, but it was breathtaking in its own way.

There were aisles were one could sit and read or tell a story. It had a large section dedicated to combat. Techniques, Weapon, Unarmed styles... almost everything - no - everything in her mind a person could think of. She scanned a few titles as she approached them before walking to the Librarians desk.

The Akalak directed her gaze to a woman who looked not much older than her self with light brown hair. Martini walked over and sat across from her, but the woman continued to focus on her work. She was writing something. It looked like a commission sheet, but it had numbers and single letters by themselves.

"And who might you be?" Martini flinched, startled by the sudden voice. She looked up to find the woman still writing her work. So she had worth ethnic or didn't want to be bothered. Martini's brow unfurrowed as she spoke.

"Ah, Martini. It's nice to meet you. I'm Alice Lewis." Martini shook the hand extended to her as dark brown eyes pierced her own. The woman seemed to be sizing her up, judging her expression. She then asked if Martini needed something from her.

"Um, I was assigned to you as a student?" Alice smiled at this, pleased to hear she had another pupil to pass knowledge to. She nodded and closed the book she was writing in. Martini saw the word grade, and knew it was a report card or progress sheet for her other students. At least she assumed so.

"Well then Martini, we should arrange a place to meet. We could meet here, or somewhere else of your choosing. Then we'll arrange a time to meet every so often."

Alice was all business then? That was good, perhaps they shared a work ethic. She couldn't tell if she would get along with the woman yet, but she would respect her all the same. She told Alice she was more comfortable at her home.

"Alright then, let me ask; what were you hoping to learn?"

"Art?"

"Yes, but what medium?" This gave Martini pause. She had tried drawing and she loved it, painting was difficult but also fun... what could she learn that might be fun too? When Martini took too long to answer Alice spoke up.

"What do you already know?"

"Oh! I know how to draw and paint, though I'm not the best at either." Martini responded thoughtfully. She wasn't putting herself down, no, not at all. She was simply stating the facts. She had room for improvement she knew, so she wouldn't say she was the greatest at either. Alice nodded.

"Then do you want to expand your current skills or learn new ones?" Martini would've immediately gone for new skills, but thinking it through, she could learn the new skills for as long as she attended classes in the art department. There were so many things she didn't know about her current skills though, and it might be more beneficial to her to improve what she had.
Martini Elwood
Heartfelt Artist

Words: 39517
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes