What should I do next?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

What should I do next?

Postby Ilmaritan Vainomien on June 23rd, 2017, 1:47 pm

Note: I have created a similar thread here earlier but deleted it on thought that I should post on the help desk but then reconsidered hence this again. Apologies in advance.

So I have returned after, wow, a year or so since i've forgotten about it (sorry about) but now i'm ready to roleplay here.

I noticed that Avanthal has been closed, and im pretty aware why, along with some changes. This means my yet-to-be approved character, Ilmaritan Vainomien Snowsong, needs to RP elsewhere.

So what options are available for me to do and what can I do with my character sheet as of now?

Thanks and apologies once more,
Ilmaritan Vainomien.
Ilmaritan Vainomien
Player

Words: 1335
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2015, 1:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

What should I do next?

Postby Faradae on June 23rd, 2017, 2:03 pm

Hi Ilmaritan, and welcome back to Miz!

The open domains for summer '17 are Endrykas, Riverfall, Alvadas, Syka, Sahova and Ravok. You'll need to choose one of those to roleplay in, so I suggest you refresh your memories on these beautiful places and see which one best suits your character.

Since your character is Vantha, the global plot of last winter might interest you. It's in the past, but it might be part of his history.

For all other questions (or just amicable conversation), you're quite welcome to check into chat every one in a while!

Happy writing,

Fara
Last edited by Faradae on June 24th, 2017, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

What should I do next?

Postby Ilmaritan Vainomien on June 23rd, 2017, 11:46 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll look up on them and see what i can craft with.

Two more questions though:

1) According to Astator, my Vantha character gets ' Morwen's Ice Reaving gnosis' as a racial but considering the events that happened in winter 516 I am unsure whether I can still gain this gnosis or not. Is it still possible to get it at this point?

2) I was thinking about my Vantha character being a vagabond ever since the hunt for Vantha began. Is it possible and if so what changes on the character sheet do I need to make at least?

Thanks again,
Ilmaritan Vainomien
Ilmaritan Vainomien
Player

Words: 1335
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2015, 1:37 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

What should I do next?

Postby Claire Lexi'lya on June 24th, 2017, 6:40 pm

1. The Morwen gnosis would have been given as they "come of age". So it's entirely possible to still receive it in your character's history. The mark also still currently works.

2. Wandering isn't a problem, so long as you have the funds to do it. I'd say you'd have to move city to city, get jobs in between and save up before moving onto another city.

3. The CS review thread is NOT the place to put your cs because we have no liaisons for it. It would entirely depend on what city you land in to start. Ravoc? Put your cs link in Prophet's office. Alvadas, that would Kaleidoscope. You can find the ST offices here.
Claire Lexi'lya
Player

Words: 129965
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2016, 3:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

What should I do next?

Postby Faradae on June 24th, 2017, 9:39 pm

Ah, thanks for the input, Claire. My bad, I wasn't aware that the entire thread was out of order.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

What should I do next?

Postby Ball on June 25th, 2017, 2:55 am

The cs request thread is still valid regardless.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

What should I do next?

Postby Gossamer on June 25th, 2017, 4:04 am

Morwen's marks never stopped working. You receive one by applying for it in the Help Desk upon creation. Just because Morwen was in hot water for refusing to bring on Winter doesn't mean her power waned. Vantha are still hunted. That has never been called off.

:)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)