Hello Everyone!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello Everyone!

Postby Nianda on September 3rd, 2017, 7:59 am

Hey! I thought I would drop in and greet everyone before I started to assail each of you with questions.

1. Name - Zoey, or just call me Z. I'm rather comfortable with just Z.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? Oh Mama do I. I've played table-top roleplaying games since I was exceptionally young. In the past two or three years I've taken to GMing those games and absolutely adored it. Aside form table-top I've dabbled in a few other role-playing sites, especially ones themed for adult or sexual content. After 3 or 4 years playing in those I've struck out looking for something a little more permanent, and perhaps a little more serious.

3. How did you find us? I googled the phrase "fantasy roleplaying site." Maybe I included the word "best?" Maybe, I can't quite remember. But I definitely just googled around looking for a place to play.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? I'm not really sure what this question is asking.... Play-By-Post is something I'm very accustomed to. Perhaps more comfortable with it than table-top. I think my answer is lacking. :disgust: But I'm not sure what you mean when you stay "style."

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? I think it'd be harder for me to describe what I don't like to write about, so I'll start there.

I don't really enjoy writing stories that lack a grey area. Perfect people befuddle me, and I adore writing stories between characters that are just as evil as they are good. Even if it's as simple as an evidently evil action having kind-hearted motives.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? I adore the individually of the site, but I'm sure that's a rather typical thing to be complimented. On top that, I adore the stores of knowledge that have been developed, even if it does generate a rather large learning curve. I adore having a world to dive into and relish in.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? It's a doubled-edged sword isn't it? The large learning curve means I will heavily commit to a character, personality, location, and background. That's not a problem, it just makes me fear that the location and/or background will leave me with little writing to do other than solo stories. Most likely a paranoid thought, but one that did frustrate me.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience? A friendly community filled with enough writing partners and GMs (Moderators here I suppose) to enjoy a player experience without having to dive into a table-top game that will be a stereo-typically built, and devised, good and evil story. Where the heroes beat the necromancer.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? I'm typing up a Symenestra right now, and although their lore isn't lacking, they're location, Kalinor, is closed. It doesn't upset me, because I understand the work having each location open would take for the admins. But it does slightly disappoint me that I wouldn't be able to start there.

10. Anything else you want to talk about? I'm sure I'll think up a few questions beyond this one, but just 1 for now.

As I mentioned, I'm currently crafting a Symenestra. Within their culture it's unlikely for someone to leave their web. I'm trying to think of a good reason that my character would walk away, and end up not coming back. At least not come back for a long while. Right now I'm thinking along the lines of her leaving to pursue a Gleaning, and then not wanting to return to a life of boredom and motherhood. Does that sound decent, or perhaps a little too out of the racial stereotypes?

Thanks for stopping by! Say hello, shoot me a PM if you're bored some time. I love writing prompts. :D
Nianda
Player

Words: 6833
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2017, 5:46 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Hello Everyone!

Postby Prophet on September 3rd, 2017, 11:48 am

Welcome, Zoey. It sounds like you're well on your way. If you get hung up on specifics, chat is a good place to get fast answers. If you want something a bit more tailored, sending a PM to a staff member is always a reliable means to acquire information. Happy writing, spider (that's what I call Syms ;)).

-P
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hello Everyone!

Postby Tierra on September 3rd, 2017, 2:48 pm

Welcome to Miz!

Proph has a good set of answers. And a lot of us call them Spiders (bloody climbing vemonous liquid drinkers ;)).

Chat is also a good place to ask, there is always SOMEONE there to help out. If there is a Greenie or Red in chat (not chatbot) you can ask them, they are mods and usually been around for a while. You get to figure out the vets pretty quickly that can be helpful.

Also can use the Q&A forum
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hello Everyone!

Postby Nianda on September 5th, 2017, 11:32 am

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcomes.

Yes, I've definitely found that chat is exceptionally helpful. In the last couple days they've answered five or six questions I've had.
Nianda
Player

Words: 6833
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2017, 5:46 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Hello Everyone!

Postby Shimoje on September 5th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Welcome to Mizahar. Always lovely to see new writers and rpers.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes