A Finely Honed Point (Training/Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on February 8th, 2011, 9:32 pm

For a moment it seemed that the woman was intent on attacking again, and Jaelyn tensed and readied her spear. She didn't want to hurt the woman, but it would not be good to be hurt herself. Just as she was starting to contemplate drawing her sword though the woman stopped and all the anger left her body.

Jaelyn simply stared in surprise at the sudden transformation of the woman back to being a giggly and pleasant looking person. It was like a completely different person stood in front of her than the one she had just been fighting. It was certainly confusing to say the least.

When the woman expressed concern about hurting Jaelyn, and came to look her over, Jaelyn gave a small, reassuring smile and shook her head, "No, I am unhurt. At least, no more hurt than one would expect from a sparring match," she rapped an armored fist against her breastplate, "This armor provides good, if heavy, protection. Are you injured? I was trying to not strike too hard with my blows."
Jaelyn Baroth
Alt of Alenias, Devoted Squire

Words: 144214
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lyia Gartas on February 16th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Lyia sighed a breath of relief, she hadn't hurt the girl at all, though now that the adreneline rush was gone, she was starting to feel the bruise forming from that blow to the hip, it wasn't pleasant. She smiled when the girl asked her how she was however, it wasn't that bad, and would get better in a few days, so no need for worry of course. She just nodded her head and raised her hand for the girl to shake.

"Of course I am unhurt, it wasn't that tough!"

Lyia giggled at her joke, of course the girl was very good, and that armour deffinately made it more tough to get to this point then it would have been with others, she was a respectable opponent and would have no problem sparring with her again in the future, but she also knew how her dark side could be, and wouldn't blame the girl if she wouldn't want to.

After realizing how tired she was, Lyia knealt on the ground on one knee, and took a few breaths, this was quite the workout, she had done what she had wanted to for the day, and wasn't even sure if she was finished yet! How productful!

(OOC: Sorry about the long wait, a new semester starting at school makes it hard to do other stuff :/)
Lyia Gartas
Player

Words: 7367
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2011, 4:08 am
Character sheet

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on February 21st, 2011, 5:16 pm

OOCNo worries. :)

Jaelyn took the woman’s offered hand and gave it a firm shake, “That is good that neither of us went too far in our sparring. Might I ask for your name? I did not catch it before we started our match,” she gave a polite smile as she spoke in the hopes that what she said would not be taken poorly.

When the woman knelt down to recover her breath Jaelyn walked over to a nearby weapon stand, replacing her spear, and picking up a similarly sized wooden training spear. She had an idea she would like to try, assuming the woman was willing, and it would be good to not have to worry about fighting properly. Picking up a shield as well she made her way back to the woman, who seemed to have recovered, and offered her a hand up with a soft smile, “Would you care to spar again? There is some things I would like to try for dealing with someone as fast and agile as you are. If you do not want to right now that is fine. I would not wish to have you push yourself for my sake.”

If the woman didn’t wish to spar anymore Jaelyn would simply go back to training with the targets, but she did hope to train more with the woman sometime. Despite her revealing style of clothing Jaelyn found her a surprisingly good opponent who had been an excellent challenge for the Knight in training.
Jaelyn Baroth
Alt of Alenias, Devoted Squire

Words: 144214
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on May 2nd, 2011, 5:13 pm

Thread Award!
Jaelyn

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Weapon (Spear) 3 --

Lore
N\A

Lyia

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Weapon (Dagger) 1 ----

Lore
N\A

Additional CommentsLyia, I couldn't give you more because many of your actions were out of your skill limits. The jumping and sudden movements were a bit much for someone without acrobatics.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous