Unlikely Alliances (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jokor on February 21st, 2011, 1:38 pm

If he had grown up in any other environment then the filthy streets of sunberth he might have jumped in joy. However since he was he just smiled with way to many teeth.

"I don't really care about how hard it is or how long it will take," Jokor said, a bit of steel in his voice. "If I want to learn something I don't quit halfway."
He continued, thinking back to the day's he was only a pathetic thief not even able to pick the pocket of a blind old man when he was sleeping. And look at where he was right now. He was good enough of a thief to survive his life in sunberth so that was a indicator he wasn't that bad.
"So sure, you teach me the basics and I owe you another favor."
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Hadrian on February 22nd, 2011, 5:58 am

"Well, all right." He glanced around the room thoughtfully, then pulled his chair over to sit against the wall where the whitewash was particularly white. "So I'm going to go into a light trance and amplify my aura for you, make it easier to see. I know the contents of my pockets, though, and I won't be unaware, so don't think you can lift anything off me in the meantime. Bad form anyway. And yes, I got that from your aura earlier." But there was no real judgment in his voice; he couldn't begrudge someone what they had to do in order to survive. Jokor looked like he hadn't had the easiest childhood, and while stealing wasn't normally morally acceptable, especially within the demesne of the Windoak's knights, any guilt was mitigated by need. Hadrian understood that.

He began to take an active awareness of his breath, pulling it into tight control. Where his breath went, his awareness followed, and soon he was swinging internally like a slow pendulum, though his body looked merely relaxed and stationary. Flexing his fingers and toes, he began to Flux his djed toward the surface of his skin, feeling his skin heat up in the process and tingle as his aura responded to his awareness and control by brightening.

"I want you to stare at me, and at the air around me," he said slowly, his voice a bit less inflected by any sort of emotion. "After a while, you should see a bit of distortion around me. This is an optical illusion. Try to breathe regularly, relax, and be open to things. Be open to the idea that this optical illusion is still a bridge to something that is not an illusion."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Jokor on February 27th, 2011, 12:11 am

If jokor would have been a regular youth living in syliras he would have jumped with joy when hadrian agreed to teach him that auristics thingy, but all that showed on jokor's face was a grin with way to many teeth visible, though the following sentence whiped that grin of his face.

"Hey I wouldn't do that to you! Stealing from people who are helping you is as stupid as it can get." he grumbled as he sat down, not expecting an apology from hadrian. He just quiet whining and sat down on the bed waiting on further instructions from hadrian, who was slowly working himself up in that 'tranche' thing, or what else he could have been doing. trance was a word completely unfamiliar to him.
He snapped back to attention when hadrian began to talk again, slow and a bit more monotone then normal., explaining what he had to do.

Jokor awkwardly looked at the air around the still hadrian and did what hadrian told him to do, keeping his breath even and trying to let himself relax.
time slowly crept by as he kept looking at the air, seeing nothing not even that strange illusion thingy hadrian was talking about.
Still he didn't want to give up and kept staring at the air, after a few bells he sow something interesting, the air around hadrian was wavering, the same way it wavered when it was really hot in the summer.

"I saw something!" jokor blurted out in his exitement, forgetting to keep calm for a moment.
"Is this that optical illusion thingy you where talking about?"
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Hadrian on February 27th, 2011, 6:24 pm

"Most likely, yes." After all, he couldn't know exactly what Jokor was thinking, not being psychic and all that. "Now relax and continue to look. Be open to those impressions you receive, the wavering layer around me. That may be all you see today, but it will be a place to start."

That said, he continued to cycle his djed more quickly through his body's channels, 'heating it up' so to speak, and pushing it out into his aura. It was wasteful, the same way that getting emotional could drain a person of their energy if they did not focus it properly, but he was attempting to increase the chances that Jokor would see what he was looking for. This was just another unorthodox usage of the Flux, for it was quite rare that he would use it in any sort of violence. He rather abhorred violence, anyway.

"Just relax," he said again, voice still sonorous and not-quite-connected to his body. "Open yourself up and receive rather than giving yourself a headache by actively trying to see." It was a passive discipline, which made it a good foundation for other disciplines.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Jokor on March 1st, 2011, 11:33 pm

Jokor scratched the back of his head with a sheepish grin on his face as hadrian gently urged him back to his task of trying to see the aura around him.
Settling back onto the bed, he once again looked at the air around hadrian, trying to focus on the wavering air around him.

Jokor blinked in confusion when hadrian informed him in that same weird monotone voice that he shouldn't focus on trying to see anything but should sit back and receive.
"So you mean that you see by not trying to see?" Jokor thought over that sentence for a few moments.. "that .. doesn't make sense at all."
Still hadrian was the magician and unless he was screwing with him he would probably know how the entire thing worked.
Still how the hell did you do that? Look for something without looking?
Seeing the state hadrian was in he wouldn't get anything straight out of him as far as he knew, so he settled for looking at hadrain and his close surroundings and not focusing on the strange illusion itself.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Hadrian on March 1st, 2011, 11:48 pm

"I did not say try not to see," he corrected, "I said, open yourself to what you see, let your eyes relax and take in what is there to be seen."

He hoped Jokor began to pick something up, because he didn't want to waste all his stored djed on making his aura more visible. He had already dealt with depleting his inner resources too many times over the Fall and Winter. Even before that. Since graduating in the Spring, he had been forced to rely on his wits and magic almost constantly to stay alive, and he was learning the value of economy.

"If you can see the ripples around me, then you can practice on other people," he explained, "most easily when they are standing in front of a light background, and if they are emotionally charged. When you can see the ripples regularly, you will begin to see colors and patterns and other qualities of light that you can't see with the naked eye. That is, without Auristics."

He continued to Flux djed into his aura, waiting for Jokor to see it or give up for the time being. Hadrian well knew how frustrating this discipline could be. It had taken him two and a half teachers to really get it himself.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Jokor on March 6th, 2011, 12:31 am

Jokor let out a deep sigh as a headache was slowly forming itself it really was getting hard to ignore, It slowly began dawning on him that it might be time to call it quits. He rubbed his head trying to tone down his mayor headache a bit.

"I'll practice some more another time." Jokor said to hadrian. Still rubbing his head in an attempt to stifle the headache.
Carefully listening to hadrians last instructions and trying to file them away as good and as bad as he could with his headache he flopped down on the bed.
"Thanks for the lesson, but could ya leave me alone for a while? My head is hurting and I want to rest for a while."

-end-
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Templar on March 24th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Hadrian: Auristics: 1 – Reimancy: 1 – Teaching: 4 – Flux: 1

Lore: Dealing with a Street Rat

Jokor: Interogation: 2 – Negotiation: 1 – Auristics: 4 -

Lore: Syliras (Basic) – Magic first hand. – Auristics – Djed (basic) – Overgiving

Additional notes: Excellent thread! If you have any questions or problems with the awarded xp, feel free to contact me.
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous