Iron and Wine (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: Iron and Wine (Open)

Postby Nya Winters on November 18th, 2009, 6:02 pm

OOCSorry for the delay! I had a really rough day yesterday and took a break from writing altogether.

Nya nodded. Her moss green eyes were clear of fear or judgment. "I have not seem or scented Leo in quite some time. It may be that he isn't even in the city any longer, though I hope he is. I have enjoyed his company in the market on occasion. He is very... interested in justice to the point of being somewhat .... I know there is a word for it, but it escapes me. He focuses on it and everything else seems to fade. He sees people as either right or wrong, and does not strike me as the type to see people and accept their flaws and beauty as a mixture of what makes them human." Nya suggested gently. She didn't know a whole lot about Leo Varniak, but she had sent enough time in his company to understand he had some issues and obsessions. One would have to have been blind to not see it. But Terminus would see that surely for himself if he met the man.

"Ivak was fortunate to know love. It is a rare thing, as far as I can see. My parents have a very strong bond of love, and I know that if one was injured or killed, the other would not react well at all. In fact, the Kelvics age so much faster than humans, love can be hard for us as well. I think that is why there are those that bond lightly so they do not get too hurt when their partners pass forth. My mother is a mage. She's working on finding a way to lengthen the lifespan of one of my kind, though I do not know if she will find a way. She cares deeply for my father and does not want him to die as many horses do, in their twenties." Nya said gently, picking up a bit of cheese and nibbling at it. Truthfully, she hadn't really thought about the age difference nor how quickly she would age and die. It hit her, all of the sudden, why Abashai was perhaps as restrained as he was - why he showed her affection and care, but never the passion her mother and father showed each other. He was protecting himself. He had to be. And it made her sad. Plus, she was not benshira, and Nya was certain her bondmate would take no less than a benshira as a true mate.

"Which is sad, because life is short. A full human can be killed by disease or arrow or accident just as easily as a kelvic can die of old age."
Nya said softly, and turned to look more fully at Terminus. She kept up with his thoughts, nodding though she stopped him at his statement on Rhysol's followers. "Every day is a choice. They choose to follow evil. They are evil. I will not ever understand such devotion. They take my kind and use them for their pleasure... fighitng them to the death in pits while betting money, or strapping them to tables and breeding them like Kiparons. We are not prized pets. We are people. Yet rape and murder is fine to them... part of their culture. I would hunt them at eat out their hearts if I knew any were around. Because they do not teach acceptance of such things... of cultural differences. They teach domination. I will not suffer them to live because they will not suffer us to live as we like." She said fiercely, a hint of a growl in her voice. Nya had experience with such evil... evil that had nearly destroyed her. She'd seen whole rooms of children slain, men suspended from ceilings with wires coming out of them powering magical things that should never existed. Evil was evil. She'd not suffer it to live if she had a choice.

As he kept talking though, she calmed a little... and while her posture was threatening and upset, it was never directed at him.

"Yes. I will go visit my family again someday soon."
She vowed, meaning it. At his further question, she nodded. "Yes, I am a forest cat." She nodded, deliberately omitting the talderian title that she sometimes used to reference herself. It was bad enough that everyone knew a forest cat was a large cougar-like brindled black and brown overly large predator, but one infected with the giantism that plagued Taldera since the Valterrian wouldn't be as accepted. "Yes, I can take both forms. I was born human, but found my trueform at six months of age. I am far more... comfortable as a cat than as a human, but I am learning. Sometimes being in the city is hard. Which is why I like to find grassy places like this. I would stay in the woods a great deal longer, but I have bonded to a Benshira man who has a job here and he is frequently needed." Nya said softly. "There are a lot of rules in the city to follow. Often they are hard rules....no changing, no stalking, no eating raw meat, no walking around without clothing. Sometimes easy.... be nice, treat everyone the same, do not mark your territory." Nya smiled, and then prompted Terminus with a question of her own.

"You follow Ivak, so your elemental Reinmancy is fire? Is that the only one you know? Or do you know air or water or earth too? And what are your favorite kinds of potions? Does Philtering help in making soup? Mine tastes bland..."
She asked, grinning suddenly, glad to have the spotlight off her.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Terminus Norin on November 19th, 2009, 1:35 am

Terminus smiled softly as he saw that her eyes revealed no fear nor judgement. It was the first time he had opened up since the incident with Sura,he was never sure since then who to speak to about Ivak. He listened as she spoke of Leo and not having seen or scented him in a while. He also listened to her speak of Leo and his unique views on justice, obsessed was the word he would have used, he was pertty certain Leo was an Azenth, Ivak often marked such singularly focused individuals.

It is unfortunate he cannot see people and accept the unique beauty of their flaws as part of what makes them balanced. Ivak often chooses such focused individuals to bear his mark he hesitated and wondered what it was that caused Ivak to mark him? He had laways thought it was the tragedy of what happened with Sura.

I thinkhe was lucky yo have known love, It is a rare thing to love that much. I am glad your parents found that love. I agree though that if the Kelvic lifespan is so short that those who bond with them might do so lightly, I would hope that she might find a way for those who wish to use it.

He could see in her eyes that she was thinking of something as she nibbled on a piece of the cheese, it seemed deep and concerning to her,but her emotions regarding it were not strong enough to detect.

I agree life is short no matter what you do. I found love..once unfortunately I wish she had thought as you do about life being too short, it might have saved us on that fatefull day.

As he expounded on devotion she seemed to follow him untill she stopped him after he mentioned Rhysol's followers. It was then that her emotions burned within her storngly enough to feel as the ,mark on his breast burned. He had to move back as she released the hurt and fury.
I agree that they are purely evil. and for the sake of evil. It makes them repugnant and worth very little. They do terrible things, things i don't want to imagine. If I actually met one of them I would be as likely to put my sword through them as look at them. But they still show devotion to that evil,sick,twisted,corrupt god of thiers and that part I understand,even if i dont understand what they do or the evil they embrace. His passion almost matched hers as he hated that which was evil for evil's sake, it made them nbalanced and he tended to be unbalanced toward the good himself. This hatred of evil they also shared in common if not the reasons for it.

I am sorry Nya for my expressions of passion in this matter. I dont condone evil, and never will, not for the sake of evil. It's not balanced. I apologize for my outburst.

He smiled as she spoke of going to see her parents and of the man she was bonded to. He was glad she had found someone.This man is a fortunate man then, to have somone as passionate and attractive and easy to talk to as you bonded to him. he blushed as he was being personal again, why he found Nya so easy tp talk to about such personal things was a mystery to him. It was not easy for him to be so open normally.

He smiled as she aksed about his Reimancy and Philtering. They were his passions in life as was the small herb gardens he would cultivate. I have begun to work with earth as well as fire, I have yet to learn to work with air and water. My Reimancy relates to my purpose of bringing things to balance, I can balance the nature of things by balncing the elements. As far as Philtering goes, my favorite philters are those which I use to color the fire when I dance. However it would help with cooking if one had sufficient skills at cooking to know what to put in a Philter. I am working on a Philter to fireproof my clothing, lord Ivak has protected my body from the flames, but not my clothing. It can make firedancing a little...embarassing at times.
Its not wheither you win or lose but how you play that counts
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Words: 63849
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2009, 4:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nya Winters on November 24th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Nya nodded, agreeing with Terminus. "Ivak is perhaps misunderstood. I understand about that. I think all Kelvics do. We cannot look harshly upon him for raging as he did. If something happened to someone I care about, I cannot say my behavior would be any better. There would be blood in my mouth, on my claws, and my rage would be known. It does not make it right, but I can understand its existence." Nya reaffirmed. Then she watched Terminus' behavior.

When he spoke of Rhysol and she replied, he moved back and it made her curious. "Did I say something wrong?" She asked, calming down slightly. "I do not understand Rhysol, and things sometimes scare me that I do not understand." She said softly, trying to explain. "It is like people who are afraid of the dark because they cannot see. If they could only see, they would understand the dark is no different than the light." That didn't make Rhysol and his followers 'acceptable' though. Nothing they did was ever right... not really.

The converstation moved on to bonding and bondmates, and Nya smiled. "Sometimes it is very hard though, bonding to someone. I care deeply for him. I cannot help but do so - and he is very worthy of that care. But he is Benshira and strict in is faith to Yahal - who is purity, faith, and things I do not yet know. He keeps me... at a distance in many ways because I am not Benshira and my blood is not pure. When you bond with someone, especially of the opposite sex, it is so very... easy to love them when you know them, feel them, understand them. I do not understand all of Abashai's feelings. But I think such things scare him. He will take no pleasure of me, nor allow himself feelings for me like that... like I want... because of my blood. My skin is too light to even remotely pass for a Benshira. Sometimes I wish it was darker. Sometimes I hate being Kelvic and wish I was Benshira, for all I am a better cat than a human." She said softly, sadly, not certain why she was telling this stranger her inner feelings. Nya dipped her finger into the fall-chilled soil beneath the grass and brought it up to smear whimsically along her pale flesh, darkening it. She stared at the line of dark soil across her light forearm and studied it a moment before she reached down with her tongue and licked the dirt away - revealing pale flesh once more. Terminus could feel her pain physically through his gift, but it was not an acute pain - sharp and clear. Rather, it was a steady sort of rejection that left the creature in front of him confused and sad more than hurt. Nya cared deeply for her bondmate, and that was perhaps the only reason she felt inadequate to him. The creature in front of him was the sort to generation a great deal of passion in whatever she did... her hobbies, her hunting, her play, even her relationships. People like that did very poorly with those that were more reserved, because the contrast was noticeable and palatable for them. And since Nya had grown into her maturity in a situation of perfect acceptance, it was something she had always counted on finding for herself. When it proved more fleeting than she'd thought it would be, it was harder than it should have really been to deal with.

They lived such a short time to hold such heavy weights.

But Nya didn't want the day to be about her. She had a new friend, someone different, sensitive, and easy to talk too. She wanted to find out more about him... about who he really was. "You feel things, don't you? You react to emotion. I saw you." She decided instantly as she watched him. "How?" She wanted to know, even though it was something she'd never want for herself. Feeling things too deeply hurt too much.

"Do not apologize for who you are and what you feel. I find it interesting... and it makes you a good listener."
She said softly, purring then. A rumble erupted from her lips and filled the little alcove of garden on the hill above the foundry with fond affection.

"Balance is important... very important. Sometimes I think it is the most important thing in the world. And Earth is a good thing for you. There is something cleansing about the soil, about solid ground beneath your feet. If you worship Ivak, you need a solid thing in your life. Magic... can be very helpful. My mother is a mage and I think that is why she is so happy in her life. Magic can bring peace. It sounds like it compliments your life well. But... you must tell me something. Dancing with fire? I do not understand this. I know dancing, I have even tried it a time or two... but how does one dance with it? I would like to see this, from a distance, sometime. Do you preform somewhere in town?".
She asked, curious. And then wondered if he knew Liriel, and decided they should both meet.
"I have a friend, Liriel, who wants to start a cultural center.. a place to tell stories and dance and do something called theater... acting... which is like a story only not. You should meet her.... she dances stories sometimes. Chaktawe and Benshira... but very lovely." She was out of her league here, and far out of her realm of experience.

She didn't pretend to understand how philtering could make something fireproof or make fire colored... did you cook fire? But she nodded anyhow, supportive, believing him due to his body language and not wanting to come across too dumb by asking him to explain.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Terminus Norin on November 24th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Terminus smiled softly, his face showing an immense relief as Nya spoke his feelings in the matter. He felt Ivak to be terribly misunderstood and rightly feared for his rage..after all a god's rage destroys worlds. He too would have raged as Ivak if Sura had been treated as Kova had and killed in such a manner. Though he couldn't be sure his rage would have been stopped by anything short of death.

It is a pity your people are misunderstood, I guess from what you tell me seeing what appears to be a human become an animal would unnerve some. I have learned to be more accepting and will welcome those of your people I meet...as long as they are welcoming to me. his body language showed his sincerity. He hadn't known Nya beyond the few moments they had bene spending, but he liked her. Her acceptance of him and intelligence were refreshing as well as her honesty.

When he moved back in response to her strong emotions regarding Rhysol(Emotions he did not blame her for having), he knew she would notice and smiled softly when she asked if she had done something wrong. No Nya, you have done nothing wrong. I react to strong emotions. You simply startled me, thats all. I will never understand Rhysol, or his followers. Evil may be the balance of good, but it is repulsive to me, perhaps that is one way I will never be in balance. Trust me understanding the dark doesn't always make it acceptable.

The conversation moved to bonding and bondmates...something that Terminus didn't fully understand as his bond with Sura was not the same and was sundered by her. He listened both with his ears and with his heart, it was the way he was made. He both heard and felt the depth of her emotional pain, it was a steady thing, not actue but strong. He could sense and put together why it was there, he could respect the situation...from both sides. He was sure it was as she said..a cultural gap between Benshira and Kelvic. He also put great passion into what he did and so could relate to Nya on that level. Hecould also understand her feeling of rejection...though in his case it was more acute and final. He only said one thing to her

Perhaps in time he will come round..it is hard to bridge a gap like you describe, but not impossible. You are beautifull and intelligent and understanding...who wouldn't come round in time?

He smiled and wondered how to answer her question, he decided on the direct approach, he lossed his tunic enough to lower ituntill it revealed the flame mark on his right breast, it moved like an actual flame, with a life of its own. He then covered it again.

Ivak has marked me as his own. This mark is an ever so tiny amount of his being that is in me now. However there are certain effects that it has on me: First is that I am what you would call fireproof..flame cannot harm me. The second effect is not as noticeable, I am sensitive to strong emotions. Your outpouring of anger earlier was just a suprise, dont ever feel you should hide those things from me. I see it as a gift from my god. I help people find balance with that gift, by feeling their emotions I can help them release them.

He smiled widely as the sound of her affection filled the small garden and his mark burned with the strength of it causing him to close his eyes and enjoy it untill it subsided.

Thank you Nya, your acceptance of me has been more of a boon then you can know. I am a passionate person myself and once shared my passion with someone. Unfortunately on the day I was marked she rejected me...even though I saved her life by my god's power.

His syes showed a deep sadness as well as an acceptance of what transpired that day, he had moved on, but the pain would follow him for life he feared.

Reimancy invlolves a balance as eventually you master all the elements. I have found Magic to be as you have observed in your mother, a peace that some never understand.

He smiled and said,I don't so much dance with it as in and around it. since the flames hold no danger for me, I can dance in them without fear. However It tends to destroy my clothes, so Im researching a way to make my clothes fireproof so that dancing doesn not have to invlove nudity..which some find offensive. I would love to meet Liriel,I presently do not work anywhere at the moment, but perhaps I can arrange to put on a show for you sometime when you dont have to be so close to the fire.

He smiled and reached out with his palm up slowly so that he appeard unthreatning and patted the pale skin of her hand, she would notice that his skin was much warmer than it should be for the time of year, not quite fevered, but as if his body absorbed the heat he worked with and more flushed as if he were running or in the summer sun. He wanted to express the feelings of friendship that he felt for her in a non verbal manner. Then he chose to vocalize them.

I am glad you were her today Nya, I have found a friend and for that I am gratefull. I dont have many, even though I am a social person. My Magic and devotion to Ivak keep me distanced from most. Please do not ever hesitate to come find me here in the city should you desire a friend's companionship.
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nya Winters on December 1st, 2009, 6:59 am

Nya offered Terminus a smile. "We earn our reputations at times. Unfortunately. I nearly broke my bondmates heart when he realized forest cats have a reputation for being man eaters for good reason. But I do not like to waste what I kill." Nya said softly. She was making a new friend, but Abashai had taught her something important - honesty. Nya liked Terminus, but if she was going to make a new friend, she wanted it based in honesty... and there was something about this Ivak follower. It was a similar feeling to what Leo had shown her - an openness that brought buried thoughts and feelings to the surface. She felt free somehow to speak her mind or ask him things she normally wouldn't have.

Nya refilled the wooden mugs of wine. She smiled softly at the thought of Abashai coming around. She lifted her head and looked deeply into Terminus' eyes with a stare that was so inhuman it could only be that of a forest cats gaze- a penetrating hypnotic stare. "Then I would worry for him... if he became what I wanted him to be. I love him and need him for his humaness and incredible compassion, and to love something that is decidedly not human would change him. He would have to bend and his will would have to weaken.... then he would be something less than what he is now." She said softly, and so sincerely that he couldn't doubt that her fear was real.

But the talk turned to him, and that was a relief for Nya.

What he said about Ivaks mark made sense. It also humbled her abit that he trusted her with his secrets. Faith was something very personal to Nya. And she realized something odd in what Terminal said. "It was like he gifted you and cursed you both... knowing someones emotions could be a burden too... it must be. Grief, sorrow, anger... even love. They could be a weapon too." She said softly, thoughtfully. Nya purred softly, comfortingly. This man was special, gifted... she could sense it. When he admitted someone rejected him, she did not know what to say. There were no words to comfort from such things. Nya knew what that was like. Being a forest cat, especially a talderian one had scared the shit out of her parents. They never quite trusted her, and she knew that. "Sometimes people are not as strong as we are. That is all it is. She could not help not understanding. It is a hard thing..."

Nya felt bad, for both of them actually. For Terminus being rejected and the girl loosing out on a fine mate.

She nodded at the idea of the performance and would think of a way to introduce him to Liriel. When he touched her she smiled, dipped her head and nudged his hand with it, inviting petting and welcoming more touching. Nya was a tactile creature used to contact. "I am glad too... I would like to share more with you too. Something I do not like to talk about... but I think you of all people would understand. I have a gnosis mark too." She said softly.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Terminus Norin on December 1st, 2009, 4:11 pm

Terminus listened again without judgement as Nya talked of forest cats earning their reputation at times. This he knew even though he had never met one untill now, he also knew they could be man eaters, randomly attacking and killing humans and other races. However this knowledge did not alter his perception of Nya as intelligent and passionate as well as genlte and kind, she was simply being as the beast in her dictated. In his mind for her to not act as a cat would was denying herself and out of balance just as giving into the beast all the time would be as well, she had to be a balance and that facinated him.

I can imagine the shock,most humans would be shocked. I however see you as a balanced being in that aspect, you accept the forest cat as well as your humaness. he smiled softly
Even if the cat is more a part of you than you let on. for by watching her it had become clear that she was more comfortable with the cat than the human.

He nodded in thanks as she refilled the mugs with the wine, which was a very good vintage, he would have to ask her where she had found it. he then found himself staring right into her eyes,fixed in a deep stare that reminded him that the creature.. no, being in front of him was indeed also an animal. He never broke eye contact with her as he listened to her and softly smiled as he addressed her very real fear.

You could think of it this way Nya, in accpeting and loving you it could be completeing him. By changing his nature slightly it could bring him balance, perhaps Yahal brought you to him for just that reason.In being a more balanced being he would not be less...he would be much, much more.The Nya you have shown me would never make anyone less,but much more than they were for knowing you.

When the talk shifted toward him he felt Nya's relief and knew they would have to come back to her as she felt comfortable with it. He smiled softly at her observation and said

Yes it can be a burden bearing others emotions in addition to your own and some if they knew would use it as a weapon, that is why I keep the true nature of my mark a secret from most. he smiled softly at Nya and continued I choose to trust you, you are the only one yet that knows the true nature of my relationship with Ivak.

he again allowed her to bring him comfort by the way she moved and looked as well as the soft sound of her purr thne he spoke

She chose not to understand, I know this and have moved on. However the pain is a part of my being and will follow me for life Im sure. Thank you for your acceptance and understanding

When she dipped her head, nudging his hand, he took it as an invitation to express his affection by touch and gently stroked her hair with his hand, much in the way one would stroke a domestic cat, allowing his hand to follow the length of it fom top to bottom, as far as was humanly proper occasionally pausing to scratch an ear if his hand trailed across one. It was almost an instinctual act, expressing his affection for her in a way her cat nature would understand.
There was a moment of quiet listening as she shared her secret with him as it was his turn to feel humbled, he was also of the opinion that faith was a deeply personal thing and for her to share that her god had given part of his being to her was an honor.

I am honored that you choose to share that knowledge with me Nya. It is a rare honor to be marked by ones god even if it is from birth, which I presume yours was as you referred to it earlier. suddenly a light went on in his head, something she had said rang a chime in his being You have not shared this with your Bondmate...have you? he figured that being Benshira, Nya's bondmate would probably fear Zulrav due to his being the cause of sandstorms.
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nya Winters on December 1st, 2009, 10:01 pm

Nya smiled. She would have had no qualms about crawling into his lap, but she was good enough at being human to understand such things in public were shocking and unwelcome. Abashai tolerated her needs for such things privately, but for the most part he kept her at arms length if given a choice. Nya didn't always give him a choice, but... she sensed Terminus would be a great deal looser with his affections and decidedly he'd be good for a nice long scratch.

The longer she was in his company, the more relaxed she was. Even just then she shifted closer to him, stretched out, and smiled easily... unconsciously. She was certainly glad she came. And truthfully she couldn't help but compare him with her bondmate. Both men were similar looking, truth be told. Both had black hair and golden skin. Both had striking eyes, though her bondmates were more green than Terminus' blue ones were. Both wore swords... Nya wrinkled her nose at this thought. But Abashai was taller, and though he was lean his overcoat made him look larger often. Abashai''s face was lined from the sun and sand, and those were lines Nya could trace by heart and memory for she loved the evidence of his smiles and laughter. Terminus looked younger, but his eyes held weight Abashai's did not. It was as if Abashai could more easily let things go... hand them over to Yahal, than Terminus could unburden on Ivak. Interesting.

It was probably the fact that Terminus could easily be Abashai's kin by his looks that made Nya trust him so quickly. But regardless she did. And so she responded softly. "Yes, the cat is easier. I am working on the human part. It takes far more work. And you may be right about my bondmate... but its scary taking a chance. " Nya said, sipping her wine and taking a bite of the cheese.

She enjoyed his touch and made no secret about it. "The woman who turned from you. I wonder if she regrets it? Ivak seems... misunderstood at times. Did Kova turn from him too? Or did she do her duty with his grace? I know their story and how the world nearly came to an end. I just don't know... the why of it. Do you? It makes sense his followers would be mistaken the same way. Still, your life is honest and you are not the mimic of something else." Nya said, taking more cheese and slipping it into her mouth.

"And yet, if you are like Leo, you burn from within. There is something inhuman about that too. There is fire inside that will never go out, never bank or die down like embers do in a bonfire. Leo was warm, like you, but he is full of the passion of vengeance. He seeks to find a balance too, between right and wrong. It drives him - like a rider forces a horse to run. He can be no different because Ivak marked him. How about you? Do you have choices?"
Nya asked, curious. She tilted her head and shifted to settle beside him. For a cat, the companionship was a sign of friendship. They liked to touch, to be with those they liked and appreciated. Nya was no different, leaning her shoulder into his folded knee, enjoying the warmth. She drank more wine, seemingly tolerant of its alcoholic effects, though she hadn't drank enough to get truly drunk.

Nibbling a cracker, she looked thoughtful a bit more before she started speaking. "I do not keep things from him. Not really. He knows about the mark and who it is from. But he asks no questions and I volunteer very little because he thinks of Zulrav as a killer. There are great storms in the desert, walls of sand that strip flesh from bones. His parents were killed in such a storm. He calls them something mean and blames my God for ills that have happened in his life. But Zulrav owns me, big parts of me, that Abashai doesn't understand. I don't know that he could. Maybe, for he is marked by Yahal, his own god. But he doesn't know about the breezes that played with me as a child, speaking to me and whispering of far off places. I can control them a bit, forcefully if necessary... though they are like people with their own moods and personalities... and I dislike such things. If I keep to the pathway Zulrav has set forth for me, I will be able to control the winds and harvest power from them. His sandstorms... secretly thrill me. I want to see one someday, to stand in it, and feel its power, hear its song, and I know it would not hurt me. I know it because I am like the wind, and kin to it. I just wish sometimes... I could share my joy with Abashai without hurting him. So much can hurt a person. One does not have to use fangs and claws. I have learned that in the last two years... ever since I was born. Humans are so fragile." Nya said with a soft sad smile.

She looked up at Terminus, her eyes thoughtful. "I feel better speaking with you. Thank you. Will you tell me why? Is it part of Ivak's gift? How can something that brought so much destruction on the world help people feel better? It seemed so ... conflicting." She said softly, thoughtfully.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Terminus Norin on December 2nd, 2009, 2:13 am

Terminus returned Nya's smile and had he known that she would have liked to crawl into his lap, he would have told her to do so, he understood and accepted that this was her way of being affectionate. It actually pleased him that she was so open about her affection, he liked to think of himself as fairly affectionate and expressive and comfortable with those who were open to being so. Besides he had been around cats before, just not wild ones so some of her behaviours were not that unusual, just would be if one did not know she was a cat as well as the human she appeared to be.

As she shifted and settled in beside him, he trailed a hand across her back as well as her hair, as if he were stroking a fur coat instead of clothes and skin, just a very simple touch that conveyed affection and his thankfulness that she was here right now. He hoped he was conveying the correct emotions as he did not want to mke her think he was anything but a friend. Fortunately for him though he didn't know for sure this was what he was conveying.

Well dear Nya,if you are more comfortable with the cat, I have no objections to you acting as a cat even to being a cat should the mood take you and it wont get us in trouble. Being a human takes practice, even we humans dont get it right. As far as your bond mate goes...you will have to overcome your fear, especially if he tries to "come round" as it were.

He made no secret of enjoying her displays of affection anymore than she hid her like of his touch. I have always believed that Queen Kova did her duty with Ivak's blessing, She had to marry for the sake of her empire. The Suvans were just too barbaric to accept anything short of total domination. That was their downfall..in the long run it was pride that ended the world that day..not Ivak's passion

He smiled and drank a few mor sips of wine, also not having reached his tolerance yet

I dont think Sura regrets her decision as it was fear thta movtivated it, she sees me as a monster. And I do burn within..in many ways Ivak's passion is my own, at the same time I have choices..everyone does, Leo simply chooses to be driven by his passions. Ivak often takes such driven individuals and makes them Azenth like myself and Leo. Our intenral drives are much like his...except sometimes we forget his amiable nature as well as his pasionate one

He listened and was glad he was mistaken that she hid her mark from Abashai, something that important should not be hidden from the one you were bonded to. It saddened him that she did not feel she could share fully with him about her relationship to Zulrav, but it would be hard to share your devotion with someone who believes your god to be a killer...that much he knew for a fact since Ivak was considered a killer by some.

He may not ever truly understand Zulrav as you do...you have a very intimate relationship with him. Abashai will however uderstand your devotion as he is devoted to and has the same intimate relationship with Yahal. It's another thing you just have to give time to work out. I believe anyone who forges the type of intimacy you and Abashai have will eventually work things out. My case was a rare exception and you and Abashai have gone beyond the problem Sura and I had. He is still here even though he knows about Zulrav's mark.You must take it slowly with him regarding Zulrav..show him that h is not such a bad type after all.

He chuckled as she asked why talking with him made her feel better. He knew it was indeed part of Ivak's gift..however he did not posess that type of relationship with the god yet. He knew that talking caused one to release pent up emotions and that alone could make one feel better.

Well if i keep walking this path with Ivak, he will eventually grant me the power to affect others emotions by his power. But I am not that close to him yet, it is that you feel comfortable enough to talk to me for whatever reason that makes you feel better, Talking is a form of release and as I have said release is a form of balance. I do not judge you either for being a Kelvic, nor a predetor nor for who you follow. Nor will I judge you as you abhor that which I abhor with as much or more passion than I do

He smiled and said I meant what i said earlier Nya..should you ever desire to shift to cat form...I promise not to fear you as you are still Nya wheither in cat or human form..am I not correct? he absent mindedly scratched behind her left ear as he continued stroking her hair and back
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nya Winters on December 2nd, 2009, 5:02 am

Terminus said a lot that Nya had to simply absorb. She was quiet except for a soft rumbling purr for quite a while, through most of his dialog in fact, until he came to the very end of his thoughts. She smiled, rolled on her back and leaned her head on his knee, enjoying his physical attention. Cats loved being petted - and she especially loved her back and stomach stroked. Green eyes smiled even as she shook her head at the very last thing he said. "I can take you hunting sometime, outside the city, and shift. But the rules are clear here. People would not understand a forest cat in the city. I.. there is something else I did not tell you. Something important. I am Talderian. That means I am... very large." Nya said softly, with almost a playful grin as if she dared him now to be afraid.

"Humans hide so much. Animals are easier. We are more honest."
Nya said softly.

What Terminus said about about Ivak made sense to her... a lot of sense. "You make me think about Ivak. How are you going to grow closer to him when he is locked away from the world? Is that your plan here in Syliras? It would seem hard to do... because he is not the wind. He is not free... not like you are." Nya grew silent for a moment, nudged his knee with her cheek and glanced at the food laid out. Suddenly, thinking about Ivak made her feel caged... and the city closed in around her.

Nya lifted her head after he answered her, smiled, and brightened at a sudden idea. "I feel like a run... the city closes in sometimes... would you like to go for a run? On the beach, or outside the gates at least? A walk? I'd like you to show me your fire dancing, if thats possible? And we could play... the sand is still warm though the water is getting cooler... I can let the cat run."

She said enthusiastically, hoping to temp him to play... to roam.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Terminus Norin on December 2nd, 2009, 5:32 am

Terminus chuckled softly to himself as Nya rolled over on her back, realizing that she wanted her stomach stroked, he of course indulged her as he thought of her as much as a cat as a human so this was not odd to him, though instead of a soft, trailing of his fingers, he applyed a rubbing motion, still softly enough that her human skin would not be damaged. He so enjoyed the sound of her purr as it was a soft, contented sound, even thought it was afairly deep rumble as she was a large cat after all.

He saw the smile in her eyes as she gave him the response he pretty much expected, that shifting in the city was not a good idea, he had momentarily forgotten that others would not see her as he did. In response to he statement of her size, he knew that those from the Talderian region were known for giantism due to the nature of Djed in that region. He also meant what he said, she was Nya no matter how large she was when she was a cat.

Ahhh so that means you are probably quite large. As I said...you are still Nya, even if you are a large forest cat. I would trust you then as I do now...perhaps being a little suprised at first though his eyes showed his scincerity and his affection for her...it wouldnt matter if she were the largest cat on the face of the world...he would still be fond of her.

It is your honesty I cherish dear Nya he said softly to her

as to his plans in Syliras and to her queries about Ivak he said
Somehow he was able to visit me and mark me on my Marking Day. My theoy on that is that since he still has a fairly large following, our faith has given him power to reach out from his prison and touch us. Im here to recharge so to speak..to get back in touch with my roots. I as most Azenth do hope to see Ivak freed someday, but we know that day is still distant, and we must prepare for it by stregnthening our bond to him by faith and worship.

he smiled as he could sense her playfuness as well as see it. He looked forward to showing her his firedancing and seeing her cat form..and perhaps playing a bit

I would love a run to the beach Nya...if there is enough dry firewood I can produce a fire using Reimancy...if im very carefull[. I also have flint and steel. Then I can firedance for you. You will have to teach me to play with a large forest cat...I look forward to it.

As soon as she was able to get up he rose and helped pack away the snack items so they coudl head for the beach
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext