Solo [The NRO]A Gap in a Gate

Clyde's unit works on the NRO's gate

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[The NRO]A Gap in a Gate

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 28th, 2018, 11:53 pm

70 Winter 517

Heading out from the barracks, Clyde's unit headed out for their days work. Namely clearing land around the south gate to make it more defensible. A clear line of sight and the ability to see people before they approached was vital for a defensible gate, and currently there were far too many thing to hide behind and to block sight lines.

“Chris, I want you loosening up small to medium things, shrubs, bushes, the like, with your Reimancy. Adam and Bea, you work with him, clear out the stuff once he's loosened it up.”

Heading out the south gate Clyde eyed his surroundings, pondering the best way to approach things and what exactly needed doing. Already an area around the gate had been more or less cleared, but as they got further from the gate it grew denser and denser and obstacles grew greater and greater.

Wearing his Ebonstryfe uniform Clyde stepped with confidence, Cha occassionally tapping on the ground every few steps.

“Dan, Eliza, your with me. I'll tackle the bigger stuff, full grown trees and the like. You'll drag them off or bring them back to the outpost if their useful.”

Closing his eyes for a moment Clyde let out a deep breath, and after holding the return inhale for a few moments let his distractions wash out of him. Clyde opened his eyes after the next exhale, but continued to calm and focus himself and to push out distractions in preperation for the use of magic.

“Alright, everyone knows what to do. Lets get too it. We'll meet up a few bells before sundown. And if there is a problem come find me. Go.”

With that Clyde's unit broke, three running off on their assigned tasks. Chris started on a small bush, loosening it with Reimancy, while Adam and Bea worked with shovels and pick.

Dan and Eliza both carried axes, to cut off limbs and such from downed trees once Clyde had felled them. Some apprentices would be coming throughout the day along with some other soldiers with horses to drag the prepared materials back to the outpost.

Stepping before the first tree, Clyde shooed back the two with him, pointing to them the direction he'd fell the tree so they'd be able to stand clear. After taking another few breaths Clyde focused on himself, and willed himself to leave himself. His res became manifest, a liquid slowly oozing and pouring from every pore in his body and soaking into the ground. Clyde ignored this, focusing instead on his breathing, and on the unity of himself and the part of himself leaving himself to join the ground. That ground self slowly forming was at once apart and together with him, just as both of his hands were part of him but distinct.

Then he exhaled, and the ground Clyde below the tree exhaled. As they both arched their back Clyde willed the res to rise and attract, pulling and at once turning the ground holding the tree aloft. Bits of dirt flew up, followed by small pebbles, but the tree stood. Then he inhaled, and exhaled, and the tree shook.

WC: 527
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)