Solo Business Meeting

Jade meets with Mathias about getting five acres of land and starting a business

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Business Meeting

Postby Jade Laken on March 12th, 2018, 4:26 am

3rd of Spring 518 A.V.

Jade popped her neck while sitting up. Soft snores filled the bungalow as Garland and the children slept still. Rolling her shoulders, the woman stood up and cleaned up her pallet and pillow. The drykas had never felt more at home. Beds were nice, but nothing beat a restful night on the floor. Moving around gently and as silent as possible, she got ready to go meet with the city founders. The woman smiled and slipped outside without her boots. She enjoyed feeling the sand between her toes. It was one of the biggest things that Nya had taught her. She had not seen much of the woman, but the blond had several small pots that would hold paint or even a black liquid that the people of Syka called ink.

The blond did not know how to write or how to read what others wrote. Such things were not focused on back in Endrykas. Everyone was more focused on getting food and tending to their herds. Jade could only imagine how her home was dealing with the unusual heat. Shaking her head, the woman stepped into the area below the bungalow that held her finished pieces of work. The girl had been working on a set that she hoped would impress the founders. Opening her bad, she gently put two bowls and cups within. The drykas made sure that nothing would happen to damage the items before going to speak with Randal or Mathias.

“I better get moving before they get super busy,” Jade said to herself.

She instantly began jogging while forcing her bag to stay still. Two of the founders lived near by which made it easier to find them. Slowing down some, the girl looked around a spotted a bungalow that was larger than her own. Jade watched for a moment trying to remember whether it was Mathias or Randal that lived there. Taking a deep breath, she walked up and heard a commotion behind the building. Walking around to the back, the woman found Mathias working with his long sword. Clearing her voice, the young drykas called out getting his attention while standing back so that she was not hit on accident.

“I am sorry for disrupting your practice. I was hoping we could talk for a moment,” Jade stated.

“Nonsense you are not interrupting anything. What can I do for you?” Mathias asked while moving over to the bungalow.

“I had several questions to ask you and the other founders if all three of you need to be addressed,” Jade explained.

“Not at all dear. I can approve anything you need,” Mathia stated and drank from his waterskin looking at the woman.

“Is the five acres plots still available to claim? I wish to open a pottery shop and build a home on it,” Jade asked with an explanation.

“Yes, it is still open. I am happy to hear you already have a plan for the property. Where were you looking to claim?” Mathias asked looking at her.

“I was looking at setting up between the bungalows and the rancheros. If that will not impede with their business. If it will I would like to go down just past the rancheros,” Jade explained.

“I do not see what you setting up between the two lodging places would do to hurt them. Now you say you want to open a pottery shop?” Mathias asked looking at her.

“Yes, I am still really rough with them. But I brought two cups and bowls for you to see,” Jade stated and took them out letting him look over them.

“Hmmmm. Not bad, still rather rough, but with some time it can be worked through. Have you thought the entire business plan through? Such as what materials will need to be brought in and how long a time frame you are looking at?” Mathias asked looking at the girl.

“The only thing I can think of needing to be imported would be the kiln unless you may know of someone here that can teach me how to build one. I would never ask someone to build something so complicated without helping them,” Jade stated.

“Good. I will show these to Randal when I meet with him and let him know of your plans. Your lot is secured you may go look at it and start deciding where your buildings will go,” Mathias stated and bid the girl good day.

“Thank you so much. I hope we can meet again soon,” Jade said with a smile and left.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Business Meeting

Postby Jade Laken on March 13th, 2018, 5:16 am

The blond went down to look at the area she had chosen as her plot. She was glad to finally be making some progress after using the last several seasons to get her feet under her good. The woman wanted to talk to both Mathias and Randal together about the amount she would need for a loan. Taking a deep breath, the girl tried to calm her nerves as she passed by Randal's house next. Nodding to the man, she stopped almost directly in between the two sets of housings and looked back towards where the jungle was. Digging in her bag, she made a face realizing that all her papers and charcoal was back at the bungalow.

“Ugh zibri shyke. I must have left it at home while packing this morning,” Jade stated quietly.

Sitting on the sand, she tried to map out in her head where everything would be and what it would look like. Jade had become so consumed with her thoughts, that she did not hear Randal approaching her. The girl jumped some when he touched her shoulder causing her to draw her dagger from her belt. Sighing some she put it away and looked at the man before standing up. The drykas did not like to speak with others unless she was at their height so that they were not uncomfortable looking down or looking up.

“Yes, sir?” Jade asked looking at him.

“What are you staring at over here?” Randal asked with a smile.

“Oh I spoke with Mathias this morning about getting five acres here and opening up a business as well as setting my home back behind it. If that is okay with you,” Jade stated.

“I see, that will not bother me at all. What kind of business are you looking to open?” Randal asked the woman.

“A proper shop for my pottery. We have not went over all the details of building the business or the loan I will need to take out,” Jade explained looking at the man.

“Ah, well Syka is willing to give you at most a 1,500 GM loan. What all will this require?” Randal asked and sat down with the girl making notes.

“I will need just a simple shop nothing fancy, shelving to put my pieces on, maybe an office but I am unsure of that. Obviously the clay, some real pottery tools, the kiln to bake the clay in, uh what else a simple bath, and just a book to keep records in or orders and payments,” Jade explained.

“Hm, that is quite the list. But not everything on it is expensive. I would say you would not need anything more than 1,100 GM to get everything you need. Now the kiln will you have it imported?” Randal asked looking at her.

“Yes, I do not know of any one here that would know how to build such a thing. Of course with the Veronica missing I understand that it will be some time before I am open for business. But hopefully by the time I can place the order, the ship will be back and going strong,” Jade explained.

“Well it looks like you have thought everything out. I am impressed, as you know payment on the loan will be required every season until it is paid off,” Randal stated matter of factly.

“I would have expected nothing else. I would have been shocked if you had said anything different,” Jade said with a smile.

The two said their good byes after agreeing to meet later on in the season with Julie and Mathias to get the loan agreement in order along with helping get everything mapped out for the girl.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes