[Note by Antipodes] Granforth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Granforth

Postby Granforth on May 4th, 2018, 4:11 am

Granforth

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 4, Winter, 445.
Birthplace: The Streets of Sunberth

Appearance: Human with long lankey body, a large point nose, sharp chin, and thin white hair with wispy strands. Aged about 73 years with the withered features of a crabapple. Wrinkled and skinny with a distinct smell of dirt and wood, his religious garb dirtied with mud and covered in dust.

Character Concept
A traveling priest of Dira, whose final wish is to die fullfilling his duty to put all the dead he can to proper rest. With building pyres and burying bodies on the road, Granforth will meet his end when it comes. A smile plastered on his withering face.

Character History

Raised by a family of undertakers, Granforth originally wished to be an adventurer and explore the world. It wasn't until his near death experience, when he suffered from a terrible sickness, that the young man realized that death was the scariest. At his young age he wished to be immortal and hide from his fate that all share, and stayed in the city where it was relatively safe. That was, until the wizard, Obal Causten, had razed the city in his name. Granforth and his family lived in hell for 14 years, where death surronded the young gravekeeper to the end. More and more holes being dug every day, and the young saw more corpses than people. So it was, that the aging Granforth learned of the truth of the world, that death would come eventually and it seemed the worst of it was that spirits haunted the lands. Lost, confused, and pained by the cold unfeeling that was death, Granforth pitied them greatly. He wished for nothing more than to give them rest.

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Spiritism 15 RB, 15 SP 30 Competent
Carpentry 20 SP 20 Novice
Weapon:Shovel 15 SP 15 Novice

Lores
Lore of Disease
Lore of Death Rites

Possessions
1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Metal)
-Brush (Metal)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-4 Person Tent
-100ft of rope
350 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: A Shovel with Notches on the Handle, counting to about the 20s

Housing

House: None

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Horse Cash-in +250 GM 350 GM

Thread List
Granforth
Player

Words: 776
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2018, 10:44 pm
Race: Human

Granforth

Postby Antipodes on May 4th, 2018, 6:50 am

Hey there! I'm Antipodes, one of the CS Liasons for Miz, and I'm here to help you achieve the coveted green check mark.

I love what you have so far and appreciate you taking the time to read and include some of Sunberth's history into your character! There are, however, a few minor things I just want to touch on before I send you on for approval.

☉ Birthdate Sometimes these are tricky but as we are not yet in Winter of 518, your character would still be 72. If you wish him to be 73 then change his birth year to 444 AV.

☉ Occupation You mention that he is a priest of Dira however this requires having three gnosis marks from the Goddess. May I suggest looking into the role of Undertaker (and potentially rearranging your skills to include the undertaking skill) and applying in the Help Desk to gain a gnosis/become an Eiyon (marked by Dira). Once that is granted, you may discuss becoming the equivalent of a single marked follower (listed as 'alter boy' in the occupation list). This gnosis stub breaks down the application process.

I also suggest amending your appearance section to reflect this.

☉ Lores Lores are your character's knowledges and tend to be specific. The lores you currently have listed are far too broad. Some practical suggestions are:

Lore of Sunberth Street Layout (so he knows how to get around the city)
    Lore of Sunberth Culture (so he knows how Sunberthians are)
    Lore of Religion: Dira (since he is a follower)
    Spiritism: How to create Soulmist (since he is competent in Spiritism)
I'm open to discussing others if these don't appeal.

☉ Housing From the looks of your ledger and possessions, I believe you have chosen the tent package. Please specify this and perhaps note he lives in the Tent City.

You've got a great foundation here, he just needs a bit of fine tuning. I welcome you to touch base with me via PM or on Discord (I'm usually lurking) if you have any and all questions. I'm here to help :) And do let me know once edits have been made!
cs review starting package cs help cs templates discord
Antipodes
your guide to the other side

Words: 42671
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)