OOC Info Summer 518 AV Calendar

The calendar of events for Lhavit this summer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Summer 518 AV Calendar

Postby Luminescence on June 2nd, 2018, 12:31 am

Summer brings with it strange weather and stranger happenings, and tension begins to rise within the peaks of Lhavit. The fog that descended on the city late last season has yet to dissipate; if anything, it has only gotten thicker. It blankets the city in a cloud of damp and cold, muffling everything within it.

Whispers and rumours of danger become a very real and tangible threat as the Zith of the mountains start to make appearances near the city, not hesitating to attack any people they see outside of Lhavit. It is not only the Zith that are being aggressive, but wildlife in general; the animals in and around Lhavit are strangely aggressive. Even the usually calm and gentle Okomo are acting out of character.

Wild djed runs strong throughout Lhavit, the source unknown, posing risks for mages and non-magic users alike. This only serves to fuel the agitation and atmosphere of unease growing in the city.

Overview of Season Events

☼ Daytime Event - ☾ Nighttime Event
☆ Moderated/Prompted Event

1st: The Watchtowers flare yellow, signalling the arrival of summer.

3rd: Zith are sighted in the forests directly surrounding the city.

☼ 5th: In celebration of Okomo Day, people gather on the Sharai Peak all day to honour Lhavit's revered beasts.

7th: The fog in Alheas Park becomes thick and heavy, making it nearly impossible to venture in.

9th: A young girl goes missing in the park. A search party is organized, and the Shinya release statements cautioning against entering the park.

☾ 10th: Starting in the evening and lasting into dawn of the next day, the Shooting Star Inn has its annual summer banquet, held inside due to the fog. Everybody is invited to partake in the music, free food, and free drink.

12th: All three of the Towers cancel all classes suddenly and indefinitely, without giving reason as to why. Students are given a refund for the season and still permitted to reside at the Tower's Respite should they have nowhere else to live.

25th: The city awakens from the dawn rest to the shrieks of a young woman, kneeling by the mangled body of her husband near the Cosmos Center; inconsolable, she claims that her husband was attacked by Zith within the city.

31st: The rumours of Zith within the city are seemingly confirmed when during the night, a mother loses sight of her child in the fog and sees the child snatched by a Zith. Panic begins to grow.

☆ 42nd: After another Zith is spotted in the city, the Shinya organize a party to enter the Unforgiving to track the band down and kill them in order to put an end to the Zith threat. Volunteers with combat experience especially are welcome.

45th: The Midsummer Festival is held; celebrations last all day and well into the night.

☆ 58th: Corin Row gives a class on wild djed at the Divine's Gateway, hoping to help educate and subsequently protect some of Lhavit's citizens given the recent circumstances. (This will be a prompted event; there is no need to sign-up, merely post to the thread I will put up)

75th: Dark clouds roll in over the city, blocking out the sun and worsening visibility in the fog, plunging Lhavit into what seems to be a permanent dimness.

☾ 82nd: A storm erupts in the night, centered only over Lhavit; it is strange and dangerous, with heavy rain, thunder, and lightning, and seems to have no end. It continues on constantly for nearly three full days. The fog enveloping Lhavit turns a deep crimson.

☾ 85th: Almost exactly three days later, during the evening, the storm abruptly ends. The dark clouds that have been covering the city are gone, and the fog slowly fades back to a normal colour. Debris litters the streets and several buildings have been damaged, prompting for clean-up and repairs.

Okomo Day

This annual summer holiday celebrates and honours the Okomo. People gather on the Sharai Peak to spend time with the Okomo, bringing food and various treats for the animals. It is traditional for the Okomo to have their crystalline horns painted (with a safe, semi-permanent dye, of course) by those who wish to do so; bright colours are used, and people often paint symbols of strength and love. Others spend their day making elaborate saddles and tack for the mounts.

Despite the heavy mist, people still turn out in droves for the celebration; torches and jars of prismflies are set up in an effort to increase visibility, and is moderately successful. The Okomo are more restless and aggressive than normal; not dangerously so, but people are advised to approach cautiously to avoid irritating any of the animals. A few people end up with hoof-shaped bruises regardless, but otherwise, the festival is a success as usual.

The Midsummer Festival

A celebration in honour of summer and Syna, The Midsummer Festival is one of passion and heat. The city is decorated in red and yellow in preparation, and on the day of the festival, the Taiyang leave their posts at the Temple of the Sun; instead, they spend the day in the Surya Plaza, displaying feats of acrobatics and flame. The Sun Maidens perform fire dances, and others are welcome to perform fire-play and fire acrobatics as well.

Pendants filled with herbs and painted rocks are given as gifts, often to children, to ward off any potential ill fate and instead welcome good luck. A celebration of passion, it has become tradition for those who are single but wish to find a partner to write conversation prompts on red pieces of paper to trade with others; while not everyone will find a partner in such a way, many find themselves with new friends.

The festival goes on as planned despite the fog, though a number of Sun Maidens stay at the Temple of the Sun to keep a careful eye on the sacred fire. The heat of the flames and crowds of people seem to be enough to thin out the fog in the Surya Plaza almost entirely for the duration of the festival.

Wild Djed

Alheas Park and the wilderness of the Unforgiving are full of pockets of wild djed, some stronger than others. To the residents of Lhavit, the dangers of such a thing are not unheard of. However, the fog blanketing the city seems to be full of wild djed itself, and as such it is running rampant throughout the city.

What does this mean for you? If you are a mage, any magic you use may go awry, and you will be much more prone to feeling the effects of Overgiving. If you aren't a mage, you're marginally safer, but may still feel the effects. If you do ANY of the following this season, you must PM me so that I can inform you of the outcome, which I will roll for in chat using a pre-determined list. I will be keeping an eye on threads; if you do one of the things I have listed below and try to get away without any consequences by not PMing me to let me know, I will personally pick any potential side effects your PC suffers myself. ;)

You must PM me if you:
✧Use magic of ANY kind (excluding gnosis marks)
✧Enter Alheas Park after the 7th
✧Are outside during the storm between the 82nd and 85th

Zith Threat

Zith are not an unheard of threat in the mountains of Kalea; one should be prepared to face anything when venturing into the Unforgiving. However, what is unheard of is for Zith to get so aggressively close to the city of Lhavit.

They become more and more of a threat over the course of the season, even going so far as beginning to enter the city of Lhavit itself to attack and kill people. It seems to only be a small rogue band, but with no signs of them stopping, the Shinya take matters into their own hands. A group of Shinya prepare to leave Lhavit to track down and exterminate the Zith plaguing the city; they welcome anyone who wishes to help, though those with combat skills are in particular considered an asset.

Note: This is a moderated event; if you wish to sign up, please do so using the form in my office. Please note that there are limited spaces; if too many people register, priority will go to those with high combat skills due to the nature of the quest. I highly advise you have at least some combat or weapon skill if you wish to register for this quest.

Weather Throughout the Season

Compared to the heat of spring, this season is downright frigid. The fog that blankets Lhavit brings with it an intense cold, yet the city remains humid due to the dampness of the mist. The new trend of sheer fabrics swiftly phases out, replacing it with the trend of layers upon layers of scarves.

Rain is frequent throughout the season, much to the delight of the people of Lhavit. There is never any heavy rain, barring the storm near the end of the season; but drizzles and light showers start and stop often and sporadically. The cold rain causes people to fall ill, but not seriously so.

Visibility throughout the season is abysmal; within the city, one is lucky to see five feet in front of them on a good day, prompting for caution. After the seventh, visibility within Alheas Park is even worse; it is nearly impossible to see right in front of you within the park. Outside of the city the fog is somewhat thinner, allowing for an average of ten feet of visibility.

Seasonal Challenges

Complete 6 of these challenges to earn Lhavit's Seasonal Medal. A maximum of 3 challenges can be completed in a single thread, and if doing multiple challenges in a thread each one should consist of at least 800 words; that is, threads containing 2 challenges should be a minimum of 1,600 words, and threads containing 3 challenges should be a minimum of 2,400 words. Single challenge threads should be a minimum of 1,000 words. If you have completed the challenges, then post them to my office with links to the threads.

✧Enter a debate at the Basilika

✧Paint an Okomo's horns during the festival (With another PC)

✧Experience the effects of Overgiving or of the wild djed

✧Earn 2 XP in a skill starting with the letter 'A'

✧Get lost in the fog (With another PC)

✧Pray to either Syna or Leth

✧Gain XP in any new combat or weapon skill

✧Have your PC experience one of their greatest fears

✧Go dancing (With another PC)

✧Use your highest level skill (can exclude Observation & Socialization)
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)