Closed [The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Strangers meet while training at the Lakeshore Dojo

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on July 30th, 2018, 10:56 pm


20 Summer 518


Once more Crylon found himself at the lakeshore Dojo having arrived later than most of the people. When he walked in Johan as always was about, but besides him only one or two other regulars were in and were busy sparring with each other. He had his pack off to the side, which was also where he kept his shirt. Once he got cleaned up and headed to the lumber company he would need to put it on, but until then he would keep himself free of the repressive cloth his employer made him wear.

Crylon decided to instead go to the backroom to do some bodybuilding. He was quickly coming to realize that if he wanted to build any kind of definition, he would need to spend regular time focused on working out his muscles besides other time sparring and such.

As he had been shown before by Johan he began by stretching as he did each session. He tried to mix this bit up though, so long as he still worked each part of his body into flexibility. Bending for toes touches to limber his torso. This time balancing on one leg and pulling his leg up to the side until he got as close to the bottom of his foot lying flat. Then the other leg.

He finished off with some arm stretches, bending them behind his body, and turning them around with fingers linked.

Then he got to the real work. Moving about with the weights to get them in the needed order. As his left arm was much stronger than his right, he had to arrange the weights on the bar so that said was heavier. Each time he did this he had to make a new set of weights, and when done break them down, as it would not work for others and their even arms.

He added a small bit more weight than last time, but only a bit more as he was focusing more on repetitions than weight. Maybe once his form was down, he thought to himself, he could try to experiment more. But for now, he wanted to learn what to do and what not to do before he got into larger weights.

The bar set up he slowly bent at the knees to grab it, rising by unbending his knees. Then a motion of the arms to get it up to his chest, and another to extend it above his head. Then reversed, bringing it back down to his waist. And back up. And down. He kept at this for a good ten or fifteen chimes, before finally setting the bar down and breaking it down for the next user's consideration.

Next was his legs, trying some resistance work. Lying down on the side he found some equipment to use for that. It was a chain attached to the ground, with a padded metal shackle type mechanism at the end which could have bars and weights attached to it. Except this had no lock, and was meant to keep it from falling off. He put these on his legs, attached a smaller bar with some weights (evenly distributed for his legs), and tried to lift his legs upward.

Once the chains were fully extended they stopped his legs from going higher, and he had to hold them there for a chime while they weight bore down on them and made his leg muscles burn. Then he rested, lowering his legs back to the ground. A short break, and then he lifted again, holding for another chime. After a few more repetitions of this he undid his legs, moving to finish with some more arm work outs.

This involved some single handed weights, one larger for his left arm than the other. Once he felt he had spent enough time working out Crylon cleaned up his mess, and then returned to the main room to look for someone to spar with.
User avatar
Crylon Stonecraft
Player
 
Posts: 95
Words: 108907
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Nahaali on July 31st, 2018, 6:20 am

20 Summer

Nahaali was woken up early that day. The warden came to the slave quarters, explaining that Eleanor Lark had plans for her this day. She had to do her usual work first, including helping one of the cooks prepare breakfast. She wasn't trusted with cooking on her own since the trout fiasco, but she was still expected to learn a little bit each day. Today's breakfast for Miss Eleanor was bacon fried with honey, eggs, dried apricots and milk. Nahaali was tasked with cracking the eggs into a pan but the cook took over from there, as well as pouring the milk into a glass and then serving it to her bondmate.

As Eleanor ate, she told Nahaali that she was going to take her into town for some training. "You're extremely frail, pet. I want you to be my escort around town, but I need you to be able to fend off strangers if need be."

"Y-Yes, Miss Eleanor," Nahaali nodded but she felt nervous. Training? Like, fighting? She never thought of herself a fighter. All that's been expected of her since she was first brought to the family was to sit still and let Eleanor dress her up. Now that she was fully grown, she was beginning to learn more skills... even if she wasn't very good at any right now.

Eleanor excused her to eat her own breakfast: a bowl of oatmeal with elderberries mixed in and a glass of milk. She finished before Eleanor, of course, because she was to help her get ready as soon as she finished eating. They went to Eleanor's quarters, and it took nearly forty chimes to get her ready for the day. This was a "casual" outfit, too. Nahaali wore her usual outfit: plain shirt, pants and shoes.

They started for town at thirteen Bells, Eleanor seemingly knowing where to go with Nahaali following quickly behind. Grey clouds loomed overhead, warning of incoming rain. Hopefully wherever they were going, Nahaali thought, they'd be out of the rain. That place ended up being The Wooden Door Dojo, and Eleanor did not hesitate to enter.

Inside smelled of sweat. There weren't many people inside, a couple people sparring and an older man who wandered in and out of the main room. Eleanor went over to the man, leaving Nahaali there in the enterance. That's when she noticed how out of place Eleanor looked, her casual outfit still being quite upper-class for the average citizen. Yet still, Nahaali's outfit was probably just less quality than the same citizen, if not maybe equal. Dressing up was for the Estate, Eleanor had always said, not for public.

Eleanor quickly came back to Nahaali, and gave her a grin. "I paid for general access, nothing specific; I just need you to know the basics for today..." She paused as she spotted someone in the room. A man, older than Eleanor and Nahaali, but not as old as the man Eleanor had talked to. She motioned for Nahaali to follow her, and went up to the man.

"Good evening, sir. My name is Eleanor Lark, of the Lark family. You seem like a capable man, would you mind helping my slave gain some... sparring skill, I suppose? I can pay you, four miza for however long you think it's worth." She flashed him a smile, but Nahaali couldn't help but notice how sweaty he seemed. He had looked like he cleaned up a bit, but she could still smell his odor unfortunately thanks to her animalistic senses.
User avatar
Nahaali
Player
 
Posts: 51
Words: 26347
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2018, 9:08 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on August 1st, 2018, 1:46 am


Heading back into the main room, Crylon's first stop before sparring was to don the padded arm covering Johan had shown him on a prior visit. Normally such padded armor was used to blunt blows and stop the fighter donning them from being hurt. In his case he wore it for the opposite reason, to blunt blows from his metallic stone arm.

It simply enough consisted of a thick padded cloth sleeve to cover his arm, and a glove for the hand. It made his hand less dexterous, but Crylon felt that was a fair trade off for not shattering every bone in the hand of the first person to punch his special arm by accident. That it perhaps made him look a bit silly, not wearing a shirt but wearing an odd arm covering, did not really bother Crylon. He was perhaps a bit too practical for such considerations or insecurities on how he dressed.

Speaking in Isur he made a short prayer to Izurdin while he looked for a sparring partner. It was around this time he noticed the two unfamiliar human females in the room, one dressed in such a fashion it did not appear she was there to train.

“Izurdin, bless me this day with your will. Let my body be a conduit of your will, and let me through hard work hone it into a proper tool to reflect your glory and power.”

Soon after he became aware of the two female humans they became aware of him, and headed over to speak to him. However he could not help but think that if the one wanted to fight, then she would be better off changing into something more fitting and meant to be sweated in. One, Crylon felt, did not go about wearing their finery and nice things to fight.

When she did speak he had to run her words through his mind a few times to get the gist of it, both due to it being in a foreign tongue and also because it was so far from what he had been expecting her to say. This would leave several moments of somewhat awkward pause before he would respond in any fashion.

Apparently she was a Lark, a household he had been at and inspected for damage ten or so days prior. Otherwise, still being somewhat unfamiliar with the city, he likely would not have recognized the family name. Not quite a clan by Isurian terms, but a family all the same.

Apparently the human female wanted him to teach, for money, her slave. Teach her how to fight, something he was only just learning himself. The bit of this that he found the most odd though, was that her first instinct was to pay for something rather than to just ask. To buy, rather than request something that might be willingly and freely given. This alone told Crylon something about her as she tried to butter him up after offering him coin by flashing a smile at him.

When he did respond it was in a rather short fashion, though after a moment he began to pat the air in a conciliatory manner before continuing on to further explain.

“No”

The other human female whom was supposed to be trained was roughly of the same size as Crylon, at least in height. She was a few inches taller than him, but not towering over him as many of the other humans in the city tended to. Weight wise however he was nearly twice her poundage. Of course this had more to do with his density as an Isur than fat as he was trim enough and in shape.

“I am to learn here as well, not teach. Do not ask money to spar, both learn by sparring. I not accept pay, but will learn together if both agrees.”

Turning to the woman who had been named as a slave, Crylon met her eyes.

“I am new as well, just a learner, same as you. If you wish, we spar.”

If she accepted Crylon would motion for her to follow him deeper into the sparring area into a free open space. Once both were situated he would try to take on his best preparatory fighting stance he had learned in prior lessons. Feet about shoulder width apart, knees bent enough but not too much. Not to low so that he was slow to react, but not so high as he was easy to push about or over. Arms bent and at his sides, but ready to move.

Once she was ready as well Crylon would motion for the woman to take the first move at him.
User avatar
Crylon Stonecraft
Player
 
Posts: 95
Words: 108907
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Nahaali on August 1st, 2018, 4:29 am

Timestamp

After Eleanor spoke, there was a pause that lasted a couple moments. Nahaali blinked at the man, gnawing at her lip a little. Had he understood? She looked at Eleanor, who also seemed fidgety at the pause.

When he did respond, he declined Eleanor's offer. At first she seemed confused, and Nahaali looked back at him. Then he continued, in slightly rough Common, that Eleanor didn't need to pay him. He was willing to help Nahaali, though probably not as well as Eleanor hoped seeing he was still learning himself. Nahaali looked back at Eleanor once more; she was studying the man, considering the offer. Then she shrugged, and Nahaali figured she was fine with it because it was a win-win: she didn't need to pay, and yet Nahaali still learned some skills she wanted her to learn. The man then turned to Nahaali and spoke to her now, more or less repeating what he had told Eleanor. Nahaali was surprised he decided to tell her directly, especially at the "if you wish" part. If she wished? It wasn't often Nahaali's opinion was considered, so she took a minute to respond.

"Alright. Eleanor finally spoke. "You two can spar." Nahaali could tell she felt awkward at his consideration for Nahaali's agreement, and turned to Nahaali with a raised eyebrow. "Er... you heard him, pet. Do you want to?"

Nahaali nodded without thinking too much about it. "I do." To the man she bowed slightly. "Thank you, sir."

"I won't be gone long," Eleanor explained, looking around with slight disgust. "I don't want to wait around... here... for long. I'll go to nearby shops, but I won't go too far."

Without waiting for a response from either of them, she left. Nahaali stood there for a moment, feeling nervous. Surrounded by strangers, that wasn't a position she enjoyed being in. The man motioned her to follow, and despite her nervousness she did. They went to a different area in the room, with plenty of room for them. Immediately the man dropped into a fighting stance. Nahaali jumped a little at it, not expecting him to start so quickly. He motioned for her to come at him, and she gulped. What could she do? She had never attacked anything before. So she decided to mimic him, though of course without experience she didn't do a good job. She bent her knees further than him, her feet too close together.

She left her balance begin to sway, so she decided to make a move now. She stepped forward, and threw an arm at him. It wasn't a very coordinated move, and she was leaning too far forward that he could easily retaliate. Of course, she didn't know this. She had no idea what she was doing. A part of her was on high alert; obviously she had never been allowed to strike at someone, so part of her felt panicked. So her punch, if it could be called that, didn't even have much power behind it.
User avatar
Nahaali
Player
 
Posts: 51
Words: 26347
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2018, 9:08 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on August 2nd, 2018, 11:51 pm


While Crylon had been in Ravok for several years, the idea of slavery still had not fully worked its way through his mind. He understood it, at least basically as a concept or idea. But the idea of owning another person like an object... That still seemed absurd to his mind. He was not even sure how he felt at times about ownership or items being passed on to who paid for it, a well made sword or house, let alone a person.

It was something that often was revealed by his actions or words when dealing with slaves. He tended to treat the situation more akin to a parent doing things on behalf of their child than a possession owned and controlled by the other person in the arrangement. One was clearly more in control, but the child still had a say to things. Or so it worked in his mind.

And so when the one human accepted upon behalf of the slave, and then turned and asked said slave her opinion, it felt normal enough to him.

Crylon simply nodded at her thanks, before focusing back on the task at hand. He did overhear the other humans words, and got the gist of it enough to understand she planned to run off and go shopping while the two of them sparred. Crylon was not sure where she was going to go, as the lakeshore did not have the sort of shops she was likely used to in Ravok city proper.

From his ready position Crylon watched the woman come at him. It was quickly clear though that while Crylon was relatively inexperienced compared to anyone with half a bit of training, she was even less trained than he.

He also was not sure from her actions if she actually wanted to hit him, or if her goal was to miss and flop about on the ground. At least considering her, in Crylon's eyes, half hearted and undetermined effort. More akin to a sailor throwing a rope over a post, than a combatant tossing a punch. All while leaning forward and with feet placed so as to leave her well out of balance.

Crylon simply took a few steps backward to avoid the blow, a not too difficult maneuver. Considering how Nahaali stood, there seemed a chance that when she missed she might carry on and fall flat across the floor. The, luckily for her, somewhat padded floor.

Whether the blow fell short of the Kelvic fell flat across the ground, a bark would ring out from across the room. Apparently the one armed owner Johan had returned from putting away the Kelvic's fee, and had seen the goings on. Johan and Crylon had trained together a few times, and spoken somewhat at length, and so he knew the Isur well enough.

"The petch was that? You trying to slap him with a noodle? Or you just trying to pretend to try? And Crylon, what was that supposed to be? You didn't think it was gonna hit, but at least you could've pretended and reacted like it was a proper attack."

Walking over he kicked the side of Crylon's foot, testing his footing. He let out a somewhat accepting grunt when Crylon didn't fall to the ground, only to spin and snake around his other leg to smack into Crylon's knee, and send him to be flung flat on the ground himself.

"Don't get cocky. Just because you can stand right doesn't mean you can keep standing. Show the girl how to stand, seems you know how to do that well enough. I'll show her how to punch. I know you haven't gotten that worked out."

Crylon would regain his footing and nod, heading over to the Kelvic. Up close he would motion for her to copy, and show her his fighting stance. Knees bent like so, enough to be fast to react but not so bent that he was too low and slow. Feet almost shoulder width apart so he was not so easy to knock over. Arms bent like so and at his sides.

Once she had made an attempt Crylon would close and make some small adjustments with nudges of his hands on her arm or pushes of his leg on her knees or feet to get her into the proper shape. He did so in the same manner as he adjusted iron in a forge, business like and focused on his task but without any visible excitement or passion.
User avatar
Crylon Stonecraft
Player
 
Posts: 95
Words: 108907
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Nahaali on August 7th, 2018, 2:49 am

When the "punch" unsurprisingly missed, Nahaali stumbled forward a couple steps but managed to stay upright. She barely had time to adjust her footing and stand up straight before the owner of the dojo came over. He started critisizing the two of them, and Nahaali looked towards the ground in embarrassment. She didn't bother explaining herself, instead taking a deep breath and looking back up as the owner and man talked.

Then he came over to show her how to properly stand. She wordlessly did as he showed, moving her arms and legs into the proper positioning. It was strange, standing like this. He continued prodding her with his hands, too. This whole experience was awkward. She had never experienced something like this, so she kept finding herself instinctively tensing up and he had to prod her a little harder to get her joints to move. Finally she was standing in such a way that it was well enough for him.


Now the owner of the dojo came to her. He was intimidating up close, covered in scars and missing his arm. Nahaali tried not to stare, and he stood next to her to show her the correct way to punch. He went slow at first, letting her follow his lead, before slowly going faster. "If you don't have the power behind the punch, even if it hit it won't do you any good," he told her. "We're all partners here. Don't be afraid to do a little damage." He smirked, glancing over at Crylon. "Crylon can take it. He's got that Isur strength."

Nahaali didn't fully understand what that meant, not really knowing the different human races and what advantages they all had, but she did want to try and put power into her hits. She took a deep breath, and did as Johan had shown her. Stepping forward, she threw her arm out. It was definitely better form, but it was still fairly weak compared to those who trained more often. She needed to build up muscle, too, eventually.
User avatar
Nahaali
Player
 
Posts: 51
Words: 26347
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2018, 9:08 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on August 7th, 2018, 11:35 pm


To say that the woman was resistant to learning was putting it mildly. Still, under Johan's direction Crylon did his best to teach her what little he could. It required him to repeat himself multiple times, as the woman kept shifting about and tensing which was no way to properly stand in combat. Tensing up meant locking up, and locked up bits did not move. Even Crylon understood that.

After what seemed like ages he did manage to get her standing in preparation properly... Or close enough.

As Johan instructed the woman on punching, Crylon followed the process with his eyes. As Johan had noted the task was one he was still learning. How to punch properly, its intricacies and methods, were all things he was still learning. He had been given the theories and steps quite well on his first training session, but putting them into practice and making them instinctive were yet other things on their own. Knowledge versus the skill to apply it. Something he also understood quite well. It was like knowing in principle how to build a house, versus having actually done so.

Once the woman was prepared, he only then realized he had not gotten her name while Johan had used his several times now in front of her, he moved into position to accept her punch.

When the slave stepped forward and tossed a limb at Crylon it was admittedly better than her first "attempt", but little else could be said about it.

Her punch landed on his bare chest off to the side of his torso. Though he felt the connection, it did not truly hurt, and even that mild sting wore off after a moment if taking even that long.

Johan shook his head and grunted once more, never seeming to be satisfied with anything. Crylon accepted this, knowing how bad he was, and simply used it to further push himself to be better.

"Don't forget, you do not want to overextend your arm. That's a good way to hurt your joint. Goes for you too Crylon, never hurts to have an extra reminder. If you have to rotate your arm, but don't fully or overextend it. If you do that and miss, you could end up messing up the join, in this case your elbow. Joints aren't meant to fully extend, and if you toss it full strength and it keeps going you'll end up hurting yourself. Show her Crylon."

Crylon nodded, turning as Johan gestured at himself with his one arm. Doing his best to imitate all he had learned and combine it into his actions, Crylon stepped forward into a punch. A pivot and twist of his hips, slinging his arm around powered by his entire body rather than pushing with the arm itself. As he did he rotated the arm, so that when it landed it was at an angle and his arm did not fully extend. The light blow tapped against Johan, good in form perhaps but slow and not powerful by intent.

"Your still not getting your hip motion down right Crylon. Don't forget, your entire body should power your punch, not just your arm. If you don't rotate into it right, your not fully using your entire body."

Johan would give a few more tips to the slave when it was her turn to try to punch, before heading off to inspect the other sparring partners.

Crylon would once more drop into his ready stance in preparation to continue. Once the girl had signified she was ready Crylon would move forward, twist turning his torso into the right armed punch and aiming it at her shoulder. It was not a full power punch, even for his off hand, but was enough to likely smart if it struck.

When it was the girl's turn again, Crylon would speak quickly before motioning for her to come at him.

“As Johan say, I am Crylon. And you? Also, it best you not... Hit left arm. For own safe. Padding for you, not me.”

As he indicated the limb, drawing attention to the padded cloth over his right arm and thick leather glove over said arms hand, Crylon would pat the limb in question. Once he had made this clear, he would motion again for her to make another attempt to strike him.

User avatar
Crylon Stonecraft
Player
 
Posts: 95
Words: 108907
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Nahaali on August 9th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Nahaali nodded at the owner's advice and points. Don't fully extend the arm. She was a little confused, though. What if they weren't in range and she had to? But she didn't question it too much. Not only was she used to not questioning what she was told, but he was the expert here. There was no reason not to listen.

Now Crylon tried a punch. Nahaali listened to his advice, too. Power the punch with your entire body. She adjusted her stand, doing her best to remember how Crylon had positioned her. Though it wasn't perfect, she did get the basic stance right. She thought about what she was told. Power her arm with her body. Don't fully extend it.

She stepped forward, trying to imitate what he had done. It wasn't a bad punch with her using the tips. She tried to lean her body into the punch, though she wasn't fully sure how to and ended up making it awkward for herself. She was so focused on that, she forgot to pay attention to the actual punch. It hit his shoulder area, but slipped off him easily without making a real connection, attack-wise.

The owner gave her advice on that, to focus on her entire body. It was okay that she was trying to get the seperate parts down, but she needed to put it all together. He left, and Crylon prepared himself to punch now. She tensed, bracing herself, and suddenly her animalistic instincts kicked in. When the punch came to her, she reacted faster than she could think, dodging to the side with a small dip and a hop. A moment passed and she blinked, surprised she had done that.

She let out a small nervous laugh. "G-Guess I'm more of a dodger than a fighter, eh?"

As she got back into position, to try and throw another punch, Crylon spoke quickly, asking for Nahaali's name and warning her not to hit his left arm. She nodded at the advice, then bowed her head a little as she introduced herself. "Oh! I am Nahaali." She was about to say what she normally said when introducing herself, of the Lark family. But when she had come in she was with Eleanor, who introduced herself already as part of the family. So she simply said her name. It felt weird, but she didn't want to be unnecessary.

After introductions, Crylon prepared himself for a punch. Nahaali went back into the position, adjusting herself a little more than last time. She curled her hands into fists, focusing on her arms and her body, then stepped forward to punch. She aimed for his chest, hitting a little to the side. She managed not to twist herself into an awkward position again, but was still a little too focused on her body movements to get any real power behind her punch.

She let out a sigh, dropping her hands and stepping back again. "That's going to take some time to get used to, I guess..."
User avatar
Nahaali
Player
 
Posts: 51
Words: 26347
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2018, 9:08 pm
Location: Sunberth
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

[The Wooden Door Dojo]A Clash of Fists and Fur[Nahaali]

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on August 13th, 2018, 11:52 pm


When it was Crylon's turn to punch, the slave reacted by hopping out of the way. The scene reminded Crylon of a rabbit hopping about, scurrying and fleeing from some predator. It seemed to Crylon's eyes that she was better at scurrying away and hiding from a hit or fight than actually fighting. Or at least more of a natural at it.

Luckily he had followed Johan's advice, punching and turning his arm as he did so as to avoid overextending the joint. He was coming to understand that bit quite well, as joints were only meant to bend or stretch so much, and putting to much pressure or weight behind a punch... Trying to extend to much, well as Johan had said in another manner joints were not meant to do that. Bad things happened.

“Yes. But not forgetting, must also know what to do when hit. Eventually, all get hit. And if want to do hitting, must get close enough to get hit.”

Crylon noted the woman's name, Nahaali, and nodded in response while continuing to focus on the task at hand.

When she struck Crylon it was with a slightly better blow, but not by much. He was still learning, and so did not think it was his place to teach her much else without Johan watching and intervening. The little bit he had already done had strained his own knowledge of the topic.

Once more he shrugged off her blow, the small bit of paining fading quickly enough. He did so by a combination of his heritage of Isurian hardiness... And mostly the lack of any power behind her blows.

“All in time. Practice, will make learn better. Only by practice, can instill and make deeper. Once deeper, foundation for more. Build on that.”

Crylon's metaphors, or an attempt at one, had quickly wandered into the bit of common he was most familiar with using, that of terms and ideas related to building.

Once Nahaali was ready, Crylon would take on his starting position, and then move forward. However this time he had a different plan, an offshoot of something he had seen Johan do. Coming in close as if to punch again, Crylon began to shift his body, but at the last moment rather than punching he moved his lower body in a kick aimed to sweep the slaves legs out from under her.

A tactic which he thought might work better as well if she tried to scurry away from his last punch, and perhaps throw her off by its unexpectedness. Of course, he was less practiced at kicking than he was punching, but he hoped that a mixture of the woman's inexperience and surprise would combine to work in his favor.

If he did manage to down her, he would offer her a hand to pull her back to her feet, before moving into position to accept her next reply blow.
User avatar
Crylon Stonecraft
Player
 
Posts: 95
Words: 108907
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Location: Ravok
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests