The Dream

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

The Dream

Postby Nivex on February 7th, 2011, 6:25 pm

3rd Winter, 510 AV

Every night, Nivex the unholy Vantha would have the same haunting dream. This night was no different. While in her bed, her mind was rapidly thinking as her body was motionless except for a few tosses and turns. At times, she would moan. To a person watching her, they would say she was having a nightmare. They would be partially right. In her head, Nivex was dreaming a dream that no one would understand, because not even she ever knew what the dream meant. In her head, it started out simple. Nivex was standing on frozen lake. She can see inside of the thick sheets of ice under her, besides the mass thunder-like cracks around her. Inside of the ice was a tongue. Simply just a tongue. It was not a pink tongue, either. The tongue was bright blue, with tad bits of blood that had been frozen with the piece of body. Nivex would slowly kneel down to aspect the tongue. It was such an odd thing to see inside of a lake that belonged to her land. She wiped away the cold snow to get a better view, but when she did, the tongue wasn’t on her mind anymore.

Teeth?…

Around the tongue beneath her laid a full set of clean white teeth, neatly spread out in a large circle. Nivex had to carefully wipe away more of the frosting snow to see all of the teeth. Puzzled, Nivex stood from her spot, still eyeing the blue tongue and sparkling frozen teeth. 20 feet from where Nivex found herself, Nivex could hear shuffling in the snow, and lifted her head to see whom the intruding stranger could be. In the now was a cloaked figure, clear as daylight, pointing at Nivex with a long, blue aging finger. It stood perfectly still, simply pointing. Nivex said nothing. She just stared hard the figure, slightly stepping away.

“W-who are you?” Nivex finally crooked out. The figure said nothing. The only noise that came from it was a slight giggle. Nivex heart raced, trying to understand the situation. Why was she here? Was she kidnapped? Nivex was still walking slow, unfocused on all around her except for the cloaked figure that pointed it’s ugly blue figure at her, as if it were mocking every move Nivex took.

CRACK

The Vantha panicked. The ice below her was cracking! Nivex didn’t know whether to move or run away for safety. It was too late to make either decision. The Ice shattered like glass below her, sending the girl down into the freezing water below. Nivex tried to hold her breath, but the girl panicked when she could feel the buds of the blue tongue she had inspected before against her freezing skin. The teeth seemed to some near her. Each little white tooth scrapped her skin with its sharp edges, making Nivex loose almost every breath she had. Nivex kicked her way back to the top, and rocketed herself back into life above the ice. She panted, shivering like a rattle with the cold air freezing the water onto her face. Nivex grabbed anything she could to stay up float, yet she was frantically slipping away. Shuffling could be heard once again, and the figure that pointed and mocked at her came closer. Still trying to keep a hold, Nivex watched as the figure lifted it’s head for her to see. Inside of the hood was a grinning mad old woman, skin pealing off as she aged each second. Slowly, she opened her mouth, revealing nothing. No teeth, and no tongue.

“RarRah-Ragh…”

The woman seemed to spout out nothing but sounds and ratings repeatedly. No anyone, she would make no sense. Somehow, Nivex understood every single word that woman was saying, as if she were implanting the words in her head.

”While you’re down there, get my tongue! While you’re down there, grab my teeth! While you’re down there…”

She would spout this out louder and louder until Nivex yelled and slipped back into the lake’s freezing waters once more. The old woman shouted loud as if she were angry. Her face scrunched up like a mad dog, and opened her mouth. ”raaAAAAWWW”

And as she did this, the whole world turned upside down. Nivex felt herself go back up the lake’s top, and flowed with the water and ice when it fell out of the lake itself. Nivex was able to breath again, but she couldn’t. She was falling into the air, never screaming as she did. When the woman stopped her anger yell, the world began to upturn again. Nivex was still falling, only this time she was falling the other way, back to the ground. For a moment, she still drowned as the water flew past her with gravity. With a hard thud, Nivex hit the ground hard. She could still see everything, yet the Nivex that fell had her eyes closed. She wasn’t sure if she was dead or alive. The old woman giggled once more, and walked over to the blue tongue and sparkling white teeth that fell with everything else. The woman picked up 10 teeth out of the twenty that was there, and each by each she forced them into her gums until they were intact. Then, the old cloaked woman knelt down to pick up the cold slimy blue tongue, and began to eat it like a squishy beef jerky. When she was finished, the woman opened her mouth to reveal a pink tongue where there was nothing before.

Right as the woman exposed her mouth to reveal inside, Nivex jolted up from her bed.

“Dreaming….Dre…dreaming again….”

But to her, it wasn’t just a dream. Nivex panted, sitting on all the sweat she poured from her body during the experienced. Nivex never did catch up with her breath when she put her head back onto the pillow. She would have all night, however, Because Nivex never went back asleep.
Last edited by Nivex on February 7th, 2011, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nivex
Not cool.

Words: 26519
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2011, 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Dream

Postby Cheshire on February 7th, 2011, 9:23 pm

Character: Nivex
Experience:
Lore: Reoccurring Dreams, Thick Fantasies, Warped Reality of Dreams

Additional Note:I loved this post. I am a big fan of dream analysis so I might be looking up the latent content of this dream just for the fun of it ^^. I know this was a reoccurring dream but please put a date on it.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)