(Training/Self-Mod) A Better Career (Continued, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

(Training/Self-Mod) A Better Career (Continued, Open)

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 27th, 2009, 8:24 pm

Late Fall, 509 AV

After a couple hours of searching and gathering information, Orion decided to check out his first possible target. Among the many buildings of the city, a single apartment was his target. Within was the possibility of improving his gold reserves or something. If only his information was true. Deciding to watch before taking action, Orion took a place in a darker corner of the street and watched the apartment. Sitting for around a hour or so, he continued to watch till he finally walked away.

Heading down a random street, he thought to himself on what he needed to do next. Deciding to explore the city once more, he began to just roam about, visiting the Bazaar, then random shops, and even had a brief glimpse into the sewers. And what did he gain from doing this? Nothing but annoyance, as he knew in the back of his head thats all he would get. Sighing in frustration, he sat down on a bench nearby and glanced about, seeing if anything or anyone interesting was going by.

((All are welcome to join. This could be a possible training thread for Orion also. Anyways if people want to RP with him, that'd be great. If not, he may go along with some mission I got cooked up (assassination and/or stealing). Just join in if you wish.))
"A good defense is a good offense." -General George S. Patton

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Words: 9507
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: (Training/Self-Mod) A Better Career (Continued, Open)

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 27th, 2009, 10:52 pm

After several minutes of watching people go by, Orion decided to act. Standing up, he headed back to where he had watched that apartment for so long. Taking only about five minutes to get there, he got back in his corner and observed. After another ten minutes, he walked towards the front. Glancing into a window, he saw the interior to be surprisingly good quality, if not fancy. Glancing up, he searched the side of the building for hand-holds and ledges. Seeing several, he took several steps back, took a deep breath, then ran and jumped, grabbing onto a window ledge.

Barely keeping his grip, he slowly pulled himself up into the small cranny. Crouching for a moment, he reached up for the next grip, pulling him up foot by foot up the building till he was on the roof, nearly falling off twice when a bar he held onto pulled out and when he had slipped on a small puddle of water under his foot. Finally having reached the roof, he lay breathing hard for several minutes before finally getting up and looking around. Glad to see this was a flat roof-top and had a door leading downstairs. Walking over to it, he checked the lock.

Finding it to be a simple one, he pulled out his knife and stuck it into the key-hole. Wishing he had a lock-picking kit, he moved it about and pushed it in deeper. After several minutes of fiddling about, he heard a blunt click and pulled the door open. Glad it was only a simple lock, he slowly stepped down the stairs into the dark apartment.

Glancing around the corner into a hallway, he saw nobady nor heard anybody. Quickly walking towards one of the closer rooms, he began searching. The first few rooms were small guest-bedrooms, having no value within them. The last room on this floor was just a storeroom with nothing of value also. Annoyed though determined, he headed down the second flight of stairs to the first floor.

Seeing a living room and what appeared to be the main bedroom, he began searching in earnest. Nothing was forthcoming from the living room, nor from the kitchen or what appeared to be something like a dining room. That left the bedroom. Quickly entering, he saw nothing at first. Assessing everything though, he could see several small trinkets of value and what appeared to be a small chest on the mantle of a wooden drawer. Looking within, he found a small pouch of what sounded like coins. Glad he had found something, he continued to search, coming up with only a couple small pieces of jewelry that were near worthless and a small figurine that felt and appeared to be made of copper.

Suddenly, Orion could hear sound coming from the front. Voices and what sounded to be a key in a lock. Looking about wildly, he saw only a small closet to hide in. Silently walking towards it and hiding himself inside it, he shut the door as far as it could go. He then stood in silence, waiting. In seconds, voices could be heard clearly from the other room, mostly female if he could hear right.

After a long discussion, he heard footsteps going upstairs and throughout the house. One pair came directly towards his room. Holding his breath, he listened. A person, obviously female, was humming to herself in the room as she set something down and walked about what was obviously her room. Looking through the crack in the door, he could see her for brief glimpses. Golden colored hair and a trim figure met his vision, in a dark purple dress.

Pulling out his dagger slowly, he prepared himself in case he had to silence her. Luckily, a moment later he could hear her leaving the room and going somewhere else in the house. Waiting for several seconds, Orion slowly crept out of the closet, his dagger out in his hand. Creeping towards the open bedroom door, he leaned at the edge of it and quickly glanced out. Seeing nobady, he walked out quickly. Hearing voices coming from the kitchen, he quickly headed for the front door.

Before he could reach the door though, footsteps could be heard coming once again. Ducking down behind a chair, he held his breath again and hid the dagger so it wouldn't accidently give away his presence. It was the same girl again, followed by another one in a brown dress with black hair. Both appeared in their late teens, possibly just having come of age. Waiting for them to disappear from sight, he quickly got up and got to the door, opening it quietly and stepping out before shutting it again as silently as possible.

He then began walking briskly down the road, glad to be out of that house-apartment finally. At least it was fun, and he'd gotten a little bit of something to maybe sell. Shrugging, he stuffed the small pouch and the few items he got into his belt pouch, wrapped his cloak about himself, and headed down the street, out of sight.
Last edited by Orion Lorgan on November 29th, 2009, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 28th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Nero saw this rough-featured and cloaked man walking down and immediately took interest. Seeing as he had nothing to do for a couple hours, he decided to try and strike up a conversation. He jumped up from his seat near the side of the road, buttoned up his own cloak, and proceeded to stride up to this man's side. With his usual smirk he sized up this man about his own height and went for it.
"Hey there mate, the name's Nero. You look like you have many a story to tell... Care to chat?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 29th, 2009, 2:54 pm

As the man came up next to him, Orion stiffened ever so slightly before relaxing. As his hand settled on a dagger under his cloak as a precaution, he eyed the man. Same height, similar build, seemed to be a possible hand-to-hand combatist... Blinking, he replied. "I wouldn't mind... You got a reason for choosing me among the many in the city?" He grinned at the remark, raising a eyebrow in question.

(( Finally got to posting haha, sorry for the wait. ))

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Nero chuckles while maintaining his characteristic smirk, "The many are boring, I tend to enjoy the unique... Your walk makes me think you're a fit man, but you don't look it." He takes in his clothing once more before moving on. "Plus I truly have nothing better to do. I'm just wandering around the city for now, but I guess.." He gets trailed off by the sight of a certain woman and quickly stops his conversation and pulls his hood up. A few minutes later he takes it down, with a sigh of relief.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 29th, 2009, 3:12 pm

Orion chuckled quietly as Nero spoke, then at his obvious discomfort and hiding his face, he started to laugh a little louder before calming himself down. "Well, that is true... And I'm bored myself. And yes, you could say I'm a 'fit' man, and definitely don't like most people to know that fact..." Glancing about, he saw a guardsman down another street. Turning his face away ever-so-slightly, he returned his attention to Nero. "Well, my names Orion. Nice to meet you Nero... I think. Now, you say I may have a story? Well I have several, but it depends if they're your kind of stories..."

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 3:21 pm

His grin grew even wider. If there was anything he liked more than women it was usually a good story. "My kind of stories eh..? I was born on the Cyprhus plains," He momentarily pulled up his right sleeve to reveal the arm that was more tattoo then skin, then in a flash of reverence mixed with embarrassment, he replaced his sleeve down over his hand and continued. "To a human mother and a Drykan father. I was an outcast for most of my life, and then our tribe was smoked out in the middle of the night. I watched everyone I know die in a blaze of dishonor and cowardice. I trekked all the way here, and made out a fun little story for myself. But that's just the trailer I'm afraid." His glance locks onto Orion's eyes with a fierce demeanor, but with a voice of kind and gentle tone. "Now then, I think I can handle it. Let's hear this story, shall we?"
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 29th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Orion nodded slowly, listening. When Nero was finished, he grinned slightly before speaking himself. "Well, mines kind of common I believe. My parents had me in the street, more like just my mother. I have no idea who either my mother or father is, as my father either left or had raped my mother... My mother supposedly had me for a short time before giving me to a orphanage that didn't care for the children in it. Or at least strays like me." Narrowing his eyes slightly as he remembered, he flexed his hand into a fist before releasing. "I was cared by those damn orphanage people for most of my early childhood. During that time, I got adventuresome, sneaking off into the night and exploring. Then I had my first sneaky little mission, pickpocketing people..."

Shaking his head, he grinned. "Not my best choice, as I tried picking a nobles pocket. Got found pretty quickly and nearly got caught. Only my small size saved me from my inexperience and the guardsmen. Well started doing that more and more, getting caught nearly several times..." Shrugging, he glanced at Nero. "Did that for five years or so before running away and joining a urchin gang. Lived and worked with them for a few years, getting by, before I encountered someone like me. A master of the art, he decided to take me in for some reason..." Glancing away, he muttered to himself. "He was more of a father to me then anyone ever had been..."

Grunting, he glanced up to the sky, seeing it darkening ever-so-slightly. "Let's find somewhere to get a drink or something if you want to continue this... discussion."

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 3:41 pm

Relaxes his studious gaze and smiles, "Good idea, My treat. It's been a while since I've stopped by the Stallion anyways." Nero continues his walk towards the pub in silence, thinking about the story so far, putting it together from different perspectives, minds, and even ideas. A thief eh? Well, looks like I picked the right person to chat with. He smirks to himself as he raises his head to the sky taking in whatever light the gods feel like blessing him with. He wraps up his thoughts as he walks into the tavern and greets the fellows inside with a warm and almost brotherly tone. "Kevith! I'm back you bastard!" He chuckles as he walks over to embrace a boy walking back towards the bar with a tray of plates. "Seth! By the gods you keep on growing don't ya?" As he releases the kid, he frantically tries to keep his load balanced as the plates swirl around, tempting to fall off. He sighs as it levels and calls for his father once more. Nero takes a seat at the bar and kisses one of the barmaids as she walks by and winks at her before turning around. "So, what'll it be mate?"
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 29th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Orion carefully assessed Nero as he went through the tavern towards the bar. Sitting down next to him, he shrugged. "Wine or ale. Doesn't matter to me. Had a meal a little bit ago so nothing that heavy..." Glancing about the inn, he saw several patrons and looked them all over. Seeing nobady potentially dangerous, he returned his attention to Nero. "Well anyways, thats the bulk of my story, at least in the past. More up-to-date stories may have to wait as they still are giving me a liiiittle bit of trouble with the local guardsmen and such... By many Im considered a thief, as I know you consider me one, though I prefer to consider myself more of a... artist, at work. I do more then plain thieving, usually; though that kinda would be contradicting what I said early if I were to tell you what I've been up to. Now..." Grinning, he nodded at the barmaid that had just gone by. "Whose she may I ask...?"

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Next