Crash landing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Crash landing

Postby Comet on April 6th, 2019, 9:54 pm

At least that's how it feels. You grab onto what you can on your way down. After you hit the ground, if you haven't perished, you're still stuck in a mess. That's where my head is currently resting.

Hello guys! I'm here to be one of you, but currently, I'm still stuck struggling a little bit with the creation aspect. I like the ethaefal race, and even while I haven't quite settled on the other half of the form, I'm trending towards a human. Somehow it doesn't feel quite right for me to simply crash from the sky some time ago, and have it all figured out - but I don't really understand how to work my starting package properly if I wrote I fell yesterday.

I'm really interested in playing and actually unleashing some of my own creativity in a player capacity, as I'm too often the DM lately. My life is somewhat busy, and I believe that's one of the reasons I kept talking myself out of taking part in this, as well as a few other bookmarks. So today I've finally pushed myself a bit further. Usually I'm very interested in writing, but don't often do so in a cooperative capacity - instead, my cooperative work is usually focused on boardgames and D&D. My RP roots are drawn from chat RP, and while I'm now firmly settled into tabletop, I'm curious how that will mix with cooperative posting as a format.

I'm still in the process of figuring things out, but hopefully, we'll be writing together sometime soon.

Cheers!
Comet
Player

Words: 10854
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2019, 8:21 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Crash landing

Postby Antipodes on April 6th, 2019, 11:20 pm

Hey there, welcome to Miz!

I noticed that you were receiving some help on discord but do not hesitate to give me a nudge if you still feel stuck on how to tackle starting with a newly fallen Eth.

As for everything else, I feel like you'll be right at home! A lot of our members play tabletop games and D&D; a lot are even DMs, as well :) And, just like any tabletop game, Miz takes a bit of reading to figure out (our wiki and codexes are Miz' 'handbook').

Do let me know if you need any assistance pinning some info down. I understand it can be overwhelming at first - we've all been there! Definitely make sure to make use of the wiki's search bar and cruise around the city forums. At current, we have five cities open for play: Syka, Sunberth, Lhavit, Wind Reach, and Ravok. We will be gaining a sixth on 1 June (Zeltiva). Your PC could have fallen anywhere but just know that you may only rp in those cities that are open.

Happy writing <3
cs review starting package cs help cs templates discord
Antipodes
your guide to the other side

Words: 42671
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Crash landing

Postby Comet on April 8th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Thank you!

I seem to be gravitating towards Lhavit so far, and it appears to be a welcoming place for the race I've decided on. Help has indeed been coming from the discord, and I believe I have most of what's needed to draw up at least the first version of a character concept. Still, I might actually hit a snag or two when it comes to arranging the starting package for someone freshly fallen - should it happen, I'll definitely take you up on your offer.

As for the reading and exploration, I'm quite used to that by now. Sometimes I worry about potentially overlooking an aspect of the setting by accident, but there shouldn't be any other complications. Looking forward to writing with you and many others.
Comet
Player

Words: 10854
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2019, 8:21 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets