PM to join Into the dark (Job Thread)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Into the dark (Job Thread)

Postby Vasin on May 31st, 2019, 11:13 pm

Image
Timestamp: 68th of Spring, 519 A.V.

Vasin quietly stepped through a door into a dark building. It was starting to get late at the Seaside market, but people were still around. Though no one was in here, probably for the fact that it had a closed sign-up front. Candles were still little, twinkling as the light outside became dimmer and dimmer. Vasin was here for a simple reason, to collect a debt for Gold Finger. With creaking floorboards, Vasin came up to the counter. He swiped his index finger across finding no dust. The candles and the lack of dust meant someone was certainly here or no doubt close."Hello?" Vasin questioned loudly as to try and get whoever was here attention. Vasin heard some footsteps and then saw as a door to the back room opened with a suddenness."Can't you see the sign we are closed!" a bald figure shouted before coming to a stop upon seeing Vasin."Closed or not you owe some money to Goldfinger. Pay u--" Vasin was cut off as the store owner burst backward running to the back room."A chase it is." Vasin sighed.

Quickly Vasin came around the counter and ran into the back room. The back door was boarded up, but the trap door the cellar was completely open. Peering down into the dark he could suddenly see the flickering of light and then heard a rustling. Kneeling down next to the trap door he then climbed down until his feet touched the dirt floor. Looking around he saw the foundations of the building surrounding him. Except for one spot, a tunnel in which he saw the store owner quickly disappearing into with a torch. A curious turn of events to be certain but somewhat annoying. He had to chase this debtor through some tunnels just to get what was owed. So grabbing a torch from his own bag he lit it with one of the candles down here. Knowing that the shop owner probably planned to ambush him he drew his sword and then started down the tunnel.

With a moderate pace, Vasin had set down the ever winding tunnel. It went further and further downwards. Spiraling through with side tunnels dug into the walls. He made sure that the shopkeep had not gone down them based on the obvious tracks he had left. They had been obviously kicked up some dirt as Vasin examined them briefly. It reminded him of that time he had gone out with that hunter... when they encountered the bear. He shook his head wanting to avoid distraction. This continued for some time when he suddenly found the tracks veered off. Peering down the side tunnel he thought for a moment when something else unexpected happened. A loud scream of terror echoed down the tunnel towards him. Thoughts to when he fought that Dhani came to mind... but no, he was better now. So, Vasin advanced sword gripped hard in his hand as he went forth. Determination on his face he was going to get that coin!
User avatar
Vasin
Player
 
Posts: 245
Words: 290681
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Into the dark (Job Thread)

Postby Vasin on June 1st, 2019, 12:47 pm

Image
The scream of terror was overpowered now by a sudden shrill shriek that echoed right through him. Multiple all amplified by the tight and enclosed tunnel. The terrified screams of whom he assumed to be the debtor suddenly ended. Vasin gulped but continued forward. His sword poised to strike, it was drawn back ready for thrusts. In this enclosed environment, he would have to use it in such a fashion. Or at the very least he would need to be mindful of his sword. That thought was interrupted by the ever louder shrieks and shrills. Multiple shrieks of high pitched nature one after another or sometimes all at once. Eventually, the sound was so close that it seemed it was just around the next bend. Vasin paused there for a moment, the excited shrieks being nothing like anything he had ever heard before. He braced himself and took a breath as he prepared to venture around the corner. This was his job, and not only that but how could he be an explorer if he turned away at this very critical moment? He adjusted his grip and rounded the corner to find a surprising sight.

A group of maybe ten or so figures huddled around a single point, the flickering light of a torch behind them. They appeared to be humans, covered in mud and dirt, rocks embedded in their skin revealed by the flickering lights. Their skin was all cracked all over the place. The sight was somthing else, but then it got worse as Vasin noticed what they were doing. They were huddled around the corpse of the Shop Keeper he had been chasing down. His neck had been complete snapped and turned around. His face in the dirt while his chest faced the ceiling of the tunnel. They were beating on the bloodied corpse and pulling at it. Until at one moment, they pulled one of his arms off with a sickening snap! Immediately they bickered over it as one took a mouthful ripping a chunk out. This all changed when they noticed the new sight and their new guest standing just a bit away. Vasin stared at them as five of them immediately stared at him. For a moment to Vasin, the world felt like it had frozen. The time between his heart beats seemed like an infinite amount of time. What the hell were these things?!

No time to check his memory as five of them dropped what they were doing and rushed towards Vasin! The tunnel was not very wide, perhaps two or three people at most could come down it at a moderate pace. But they were all trying to come at him at once! Stumbling over one another as the other five took notice. When one fell the others trampled over and constantly shoved at one another to get to him. Vasin raised his sword and braced himself literally this time taking a forward stance. If he was to get through this he was going to need to fight! If he wanted to get that gold he was going to need to fight. Quickly they were upon him, their momentum even in this unorganized state sending them forward. His sword reared back posed to strike, he did just that thrusting the sword forward at the center one! Aimed for the heart he ran the monster through! But the one behind it kept it going sinking it further onto his blade! The shrieking was almost deafening at this range.
User avatar
Vasin
Player
 
Posts: 245
Words: 290681
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Into the dark (Job Thread)

Postby Vasin on June 1st, 2019, 1:10 pm

Image
Vasin had pierced the creature's heart with his attack and it would give out a defiant shriek before slipping off its legs failing from under it. Vasin withdrew his sword before the creatures behind it could push it further onto his blade. Stepping back as he did so Vasin felt one grab onto his left arm, the one which was holding onto his torch. Vasin acted quickly bringing his sword up and then chopping down at the forearm of the creature after pulling back to give himself more area to work with. The blade cut deep but he did not have the force to cut all the way through. The attack did, however, make the monster man creature let go just in time for him to feel the one on the other side punch him in the side. The blow was powerful and nearly caused him to step back to catch his balance. He was well armored, yes, but if he let them drag him to the ground they would quickly find his weak points. Either that or just use pressure to kill him. Quickly he responded with a back pommel strike to the temple of the monster's head. It barely seemed phased by such a half measure. These things were tough but they were being held back by one another's desire to tear him limb from limb. The ones in the back tried to squeeze past the ones in the front making themselves stuck and pulled on one another.

Taking this moment Vasin decided to aim strategically to slow their movements in this enclosed space. Rearing his sword back he thrust right at the kneecap of one of the shrieking creatures, the one he had chopped at just before. His blade went in causing it to stumble and nearly fall. A moment in which another of them tried to climb over it. Vasin rewarded this by pulling his sword back and stabbing it right in the neck. He had to be quick, and he could not stop attacking even for a moment. So quickly he pulled back retracting his arm the sharp curves of the blade cutting on the way out. He used his moment to deliver a slash to the head of the one on the right of him as it grew closer. His blade embedded itself in the head of the creature. He yanked, but his sword was momentary stuck in its head. As he pulled again he saw from the corner of his eye a new creature take up the center. This one immediately attacked him and delivered a punch at his chest. Particularly the powerful punch was right where his heart was.

The punch from the creature was softened by his lowers of armor, particularly his padded armor. At that moment Vasin pulled free and backed up knowing that they were getting too close for comfort. They were relentless, if he didn't keep backing up then they would gang up on him. Or maybe he just had to keep moving? Yes! This was just like any other fight, just the circumstances were a little different. Quickly he took up a forward springy stance. Storing up his energy as he pointed his sword at the new one in the center. Quickly he sprung forward, the weight of his armor lagging him behind a little as he propelled himself. He stabbed forward running his sword forward. The creature tried to catch the blade only for its point to go through its open palm. Cutting through the hand his blade went into its chest. To which Vasin quickly retreated and moved back a little as they climbed over one another. The battle was forcing him back more and more. It was a retreating battle. But he could not afford to turn tail at this point.
Last edited by Vasin on June 1st, 2019, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Vasin
Player
 
Posts: 245
Words: 290681
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Into the dark (Job Thread)

Postby Vasin on June 1st, 2019, 1:24 pm

Image
This was not like fighting an armed opponent, it was something else entirely. They were a mob with no technique and were unpredictable with how much they disregarded their safety. Their only wish seemingly to destroy him and trample those too weak to continue on. Vasin pulled his sword back bringing it pointed back to his left side. Then he swung the energy stored up in his sword propelling it. The blade nearly grazed the side of the tunnel as he sent the blade cutting deep into the one now on the right. He chopping its head clean off having recalled a rule from that one journal. Aim for the other side, not what you are aiming at. It rang true as the creature's head came off. His heart pounding as he pulled back further, now rounding the corner when he had come down. They piled through relentless in their pursuit of him. Vasin took this moment to cut at an outreached hand, splitting it in two as he backed up more.

Then he stopped and moved forward again for another hit and run. His armor and the nature of doing this underground was wearing him down. But they seemed energized all the same. He had to finish this soon or risk being too tired to fight on. Springing forward his feet came off the dirt as he thrust upwards, his blade angled with the tip up and the pommel down. Having started level at his waist the blade came with upward force slamming into the gut of one of the creatures. It grabbed a hold of him from both sides as he then pulled out. Its insides becoming its outsides as he shoved back. Stumbling backing away the creature fell over only to be trampled by a replacement. Vasin desperately wanted to grab his throwing ax, but his hands were full and he could not afford to lose his only source of light or afford the time it would take to sheath his sword.

There only appeared to be four left, but with less, in the way of one another, they were growing faster. As evidence that one came to him before he could perform another hit and run. Quickly he met their attack with a shoulder check. But the weight of the one behind it kept him from doing much. Which is why he incorporated some of his training into this. Having done a left shoulder strike he reached down and hooked around its leg with his sword and pulled back. Then, he shoved off as it collapsed from having its tendon cut right through. He was starting to run out of steam, his legs ached a little and his lungs were burning. Before he could back up one of the three lunged at him from the side. Using his weight and strength as it shoved him into the was he shoved right back. But then brought his sword back and ran it right up and under the ribs. Drawing back he felt another grab onto his back and pull him off the creature.
User avatar
Vasin
Player
 
Posts: 245
Words: 290681
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Into the dark (Job Thread)

Postby Vasin on June 1st, 2019, 1:48 pm

Image
The monster pulled him back and Vasin complied using its own force against it as he backed up against the creature trying to shove it. He kept pushing using its unstable stance against it until he rammed it into the opposing wall. The other of the two came at his front, to which he raised his leg and kicked. Only proving to hold it back as it's powerful hands latched onto his legs. Vasin still keeping the other pinned for the moment brought his sword up and slashed at its arm. Slicing right through it at the joint forcing it to let go. He then shoved off the wall, though felt a tug on the way. From there he ran pushed forward bringing it sword to neck level and thrust forward. His blade stabbing through the creatures shrieking mouth to the other side. Vasin pulled back and kicked the creature over as he then turned to deal with the last of them. He had to keep pushing, there was only one left, their numerical advantage was gone. All he had to do was put an end to this and then get back to the surface.

He paused, his eyes widening as he then saw what the tug he felt had been. The creature had pulled his throwing ax from his belt. It seemed to examine the weapon for a moment. However then quickly it took up the stance Vasin had been taking for his springy hit and runs. Exactly the same, it even aimed the throwing ax like he had aimed his sword when he had done that slash earlier. Its attack was telegraphed as it approached. Vasin quickly dropped his torch and with his other hand latched onto the end of his blade. Knees slightly bent he brought his sword up with a pushing motion as it swung at him. Clang! The blades vibrated against one another as he intercepted the side swing. He slid his sword forward and then with all his weight and might be pulled back. The effort caused his muscles to scream out in sore pain. He caught the ax by the blade on the pullback as he had blocked the strike.

Vasin tried to yank the throwing ax from the hand of the monster, but it responded by gripping really tightly. Then, it did something somewhat strange. It thrust forward, jabbing Vasin hard with the nonpoint and blunt end of the throwing ax. It was a powerful jab, but it didn't pierce though Vasin exhaled. Knowing he could not let it get the room for another attack Vasin pushed forward. Bringing the edge of his sword up to it as it tried to keep Vasin away. His strength was weakening, but he was already well inside its area of attack. His blade right up to its neck soon enough as it let go of the ax. it shrieked louder than anything Vasin had ever heard as it grabbed onto his arm and blade. But Vasin shoved harder and harder. The world around him disappeared as his blade cut into those fingers, then neck, and then he slides the blade. Cutting deeply he then pulled back. With a stumble, he stopped himself hoping that had been enough. But no, of course not, the creature pushed off the wall and lunged on him. Vasin braced his sword and without even needing to thrust the creature ran right into it. But the creature did not stop, shoving its way all the way to the guard of the blade. Letting out one last defiant shriek it would soon go slump on top of the tired Vasin. Dragging Vasin down with it Vasin sat there.

Minutes based by, weak shrills could be heard further down the tunnel. The wounded they had trampled over and left behind. Vasin was catching his breath in the hot humid air of the tunnels. It took a while but eventually, he got his strength back enough to push the dead creature off of him. 'Yukman, these things were called... Yukman right?' he had heard of them before, maybe from someone at a tavern? One of the most common horrors out there. Known as a danger here in the tunnels. They had copied him quickly, first with the one that tried to punch through his armor to his heart, to the one taking up a weapon. A moment longer and he would not have been able to fight out of sheer exhaustion. This armor was a detriment when fighting in an underground environment. The deeper you went the hotter and more humid it could get. A lack of ventilation was one of the killers. Then again, if it had not been for the narrow tunnels they could have torn him apart.

It took a while but eventually, Vasin propped himself up using the wall as support. Getting up he walked down the tunnel sword in hand and torched picked up and carried in the other. Along the way, he finished off the wounded with a stab to the heart. His sword dripping a trail as he walked to the dismembered body of the storekeeper. On his hand that was still attached there was a golden tanned glove which he pried off. Looked interesting, could be worth something for his troubles. Then he searched the body, but could not find the coin. That is when he noticed a bag nearby. Slowly making his way over he would rummage through the bag. He found the coin he had been looking for, but something else. Some sort of vented lantern. He supposed he should take that as well. He didn't know it but these were the Golden Retriever and Explorer’s Globe. Standing up Vasin would make his way out of the tunnels and back to the office with payment. He was going to have a few bruises to be certain, but he was just happy to be alive.
User avatar
Vasin
Player
 
Posts: 245
Words: 290681
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Into the dark (Job Thread)

Postby Kreig Messer on August 21st, 2019, 7:09 am

Image

Grade :
{Name}



Experience

Skill XP Earned
Weapon: Longsword +5
Endurance +3
Tactics +3
Unarme +1
Skill
Skill



Lore

Yukmen: One of the common threats of Mizahar
Yukmen: They learn real quick
Yukmen: Very agressive
Tactics: Hit and Run
Tactics: Using tight confines to slow down or restrict multiple opponents
Sunberth: Has underground tunnerls
Item: Glove of Retrieval
Item: Explorer's Globe


Notes :
Very intense combat there Vasin, I loved it. I added endurance because you were extending a lot of effort and doing so in heavy armor, tactics because hit in run and because you used the tight confines to your advantage and a tiny bit of unarmed for that kick. Be sure to include the items you received in your equipment list as well their relative pages if they're challenge items. Feel free to PM me or DM me on discord with any questions concerning your grade.



Credit goes to Trickster for this lovely Template

e
e
Image
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
User avatar
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.
 
Posts: 1094
Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests