[An Elegant Weave] A Better Career (Open, Continued)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [An Elegant Weave] A Better Career (Open, Continued)

Postby Orion Lorgan on December 5th, 2009, 3:52 am

Orion nodded and took the book and looked over it carefully, examining it. After several minutes, he pulled out one of his smaller knives and slowly inserted it into the lock. Twisting it, jiggling it, even inserting it deeper, he worked for several minutes. Finally sighing, he handed the book back. "Can't with my current tools. Need to get a lockpicking kit again. My daggers aren't up to the task of unlocking that sadly... I'll try again another time when I have the right tools if you wish..." He sat back againest a nearby wall, pulling his hood over his face. "Wake me in about a hour, then we'll leave." He then became still as stone, the only indication he was alive was the tiniest sound of his breathing.
"A good defense is a good offense." -General George S. Patton

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Words: 9507
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ash Sentry on December 5th, 2009, 4:59 pm

Ash considered following Orion's example and going to sleep, but was worried that sleep would mellow the alertness that she felt. Quietly, Ash pulled her small leather-bound journal out from where she had tucked it into her weapons belt. She skimmed over Red Teardrops, fidgeting restlessly as she attempted for the hundredth to decipher the prophecy. The "he" coming had to be the Pure Witch's kin. But who was he? And who was the Pure Witch? And why was he after her? Even as she tried to process these repetative questions, Ash found her eyelids growing heavy with exaustion despite all intentions. She briefly struggled to remain awake, but quickly forfeited the battle and allowed herself to slip off into a blissful sleep.
Even roses have their thorns.

Ash Sentry's Journal: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/blog/Ash%20Sentry/
Ash Sentry
Young Priestess

Words: 1824
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 11:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on December 5th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Nero ended up leaning against a decrepit pillar near the middle of the room and thinking to himself, scanning the exits for any possible threats. Seeing as he was the last one actually awake, it was his job to stand watch. He enjoyed the quiet and solitude however, and usually preferred it to the flirtatious and sociable life he leads during these city visits. He would often find his gaze resting for a moment on the petite maiden, her sleeping form gracefully laying on the floor. He had already rolled up a blanket from his pack and tucked it under her head, and would've done the same with Orion had he not been propped up by a wall. He now went to lay a wool fur over her gently, and went back to wandering the recesses of his mind. It was hard to tell whether or not Orion was actually sleeping, his mysterious and devious aura fit him well. Nero was itching to get to wherever his hideout was, and hopefully get him to open this damn book. Sipher had given it to him seven years prior, praising it as a great treasure. But what was in it..? That was a question asked over and over again, and hopefully soon to be answered.

Half an hour later, Nero, despite his usually philosophical and creative mind, was bored. Bored out of his mind bored. Hmmm.... About an hour? It feels like it's been an hour. I'm tired of just waiting around here anyways. You can't get a man all pumped up with the thrill of the escape and then leave him to pace around an abandoned house... He decided what the hell and proceeded to waking the two sleeping companions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Character sheet

Postby Ash Sentry on December 5th, 2009, 11:31 pm

Ash's eyes fluttered open, and she sat up reluctantly. She blinked when she saw the fur covering her, and the blanket that had been under her head a moment before. Ash stood and carefully collected both the fur and the blanket before handing them to Nero. "Thank you," she murmured to him, as she tucked her journal back into her belt.

Ash Sentry
Young Priestess

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on December 5th, 2009, 11:43 pm

As Nero came towards Orion, he suddenly stirred. Looking up, he blinked a couple times then nodded, standing up slowly and pulling his cloak about him. "Let's go. Remember the plan." He quickly turned and walked towards the front door. Unlocking it again, he slowly opened it, peaking out to see if anyone was looking. Nodding to the other two, he slipped out and down the street, glancing about to ensure nobody was watching.

Glad he had that rest, he focused on the gate that was slowly but surely coming into sight. Glancing behind to see the other two were following, he quickly turned down a side street and went up to a stable. Glancing inside, he sighed before sneaking in and mounting his own horse. Patting him on the side, he got up onto his back cautiously, flicking the reins and heading out.

Motioning towards the gate, he led the way towards the small gate. "Get ready in case they realize who we are..."

OOC: You guys can take over here if you'd like, either Ash you can tell if theres a Church official there watching out for you, or Nero can just choose the danger. I gotta end the post anyways here in a hurry.

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on December 6th, 2009, 12:10 am

After packing up his stuff and slipping on his gauntlets under the sleeves of his cloak, Nero took Ash by the hand and lead her to the horses, his face expressionless and serious, before it was hidden by the rising hood. No time to play around. Either things go smoothly and we can heave a sigh of relief... or some fun shows it's ugly face, and it's my job to deal with it. He couldn't help but smirk for a moment at this exciting thought. After helping the priestess mount her steed, and mounting his own (along with the customary whisper or two to it...), they went out and fell in behind Orion. They calmly trotted towards the gate, acting very nonchalant. Nero began to whistle a tune in an attempt to lighten the tension he could feel building up around him. Not from Orion, who has undoubtedly done this dozens upon dozens of times, but the maiden Ash. Nero smirks and tries to assure her, "Relax, we'll be home free in a min-" His jaw would've obviously slacked had his cloak not hid it, as he saw Orion bolt straight through the gatehouse. Nero quickly motioned Ash to move it and fell in behind her, using his steed to encourage hers to accelerate. He jumps past a spear attempting to dismount him, and more importantly wound his horse. He heaves a sigh as they pass through the gates, happy that they weren't dealing with the Elite Knights.

OOCTell me about it, I got a party going on XD I'll be checking in on this every couple hours so feel free to post :P
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ash Sentry on December 6th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Ash's eyes were wide with the flight as they passed through the gates, and she gasped as spears poked at their horses. Somehow, however, they managed to escape the city.

Her sigh echoed Nero's and, face flushed with adrenaline, she bared her teeth in a grin. Freedom at last.

Ash Sentry
Young Priestess

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on December 6th, 2009, 7:00 pm

They kept a fast gallop, and were a few miles out from the city before they slowed down to a more manageable and relaxed pace. The three steeds were wandering off into the wilderness, only the lead mare knowing the destination. It was the same situation with the men atop them, however, it seemed the escape had actually loosened some of the tension earlier, and adrenaline was exciting every aspect of being. "Wow, That was a fun little escapade no?" He laughs as he rubs the fine mane of his Strider, "Always sticking your neck out for me aren't ya pal?" They would keep moving on, following Orion over to wherever the hell he felt like leading them.
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on December 6th, 2009, 11:20 pm

Orion grinned slightly, shaking his head before glancing about. Getting his bearings, he led the trio into the wilderness. About a half hour later, Orion stopped and dismounted, taking his reins and leading his horse. Finally coming upon a cave entrance hidden by brush, he staked his horse out at a nearby tree. Turning, he quickly slipped into the entrance of the cave, crouching down to get in.

Once in, he reached in the darkness for the torch... Finally feeling it, he took and a lit it with flint and steel. Letting it burn bright, he then walked deeper into the cave. Soon objects could be seen lying around, a few of them being a small wooden table with a few random bits of items, a couple rugs, a small pile of firewood, and a camp fire in the middle. The cave itself was very big, though it was very empty. Coming to the campfire, he quickly put in some logs and tinder, then set it on fire, letting light flood the large cave. Sitting down on the small cloth mat next to it, he motioned for the other two to sit. Realizing something, he stood ad offered the 'seat' to Ash, letting himself sit on the hard stone to the right.

"Welcome to my humble home... If a cave can be considered a home." He chuckled quietly as he pulled back his hood and glanced at both of them. "Nice place during summer and winter. Smoke seems to get out somewhere down there..." Points to deeper into the cave. "And out through the main entrance. Very cool during summer and warm enough in the winter not to freeze. Now..." He crossed his arms. "What to do now?"

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on December 7th, 2009, 12:07 am

Nero shrugged. This was never his plan to begin with, and now that it was over, he wasn't sure where to go from here. "I'm not quite sure... I'm guessing we can just chill here for a while." He ruffles through his pack to extract a blanket to cushion his seat and takes with it the book from earlier. He goes ahead and examines the gilded lock and left to his familiar thoughts about this curious manual that was left to him. After a few minutes he set it aside and took off his dirty cloak, revealing the rugged martial arts suit underneath. He slides off the gauntlets and places them back into the bag, then proceeds to get up and stretch, happy to be rid of all the excess weight and restraints. Glancing out towards the cave entrance, and casually starting up what seemed to be an exercise routine, he asked "So, what exactly are your opinions on these prophecies of yours Ash? We know the church isn't so happy about them, but I get the feeling neither are you..."
Nero Czan

Character sheet

PreviousNext