[Kulkukun Inn] Stranger in a strange land (OPEN)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Karl William on March 3rd, 2011, 3:53 pm

Karl listened to the man's tirade, as disguised in a friendly tone as it may be, with amusement. This man was skilled in talking, possibly a con-artist, possibly an intellectual. But Karl was inclined to believe the 1st possibility, the way he talked made it seem to Karl that he was used to putting on a facade, a mask.

" You can talk smooth all you want, stranger, but nobody called you rude for wanting to play the game. I, for one, am just inclined to believe you are a smooth-talker who takes pride in it. For heaven knows what reason, but you take pride in it. You rise above the others because of it. " Emphasizing the last phrase with a mocking tone.

" You are rude because you think you are worthy of passing judgement on others, a feeble man who holds no strength in his body other than his tongue. Someone who can only survive through trickery and deceit. The kind of person I detest. "

He spoke his mind without thinking about possibly consequences nor tact.

" But hey, I'm not going to punch or attack you for who you are. I merely pity you. The Akalak might be a dying race, but they do not surrender to their faith, they fight against it. Surviving is not the same as conquering. "

He took another gulp of his beer. He was enjoying this conversation, straightforward without beating around the bush. Everyone spoke their mind, even if it's clouded by a friendly tone when clearly implying otherwise.
Karl William
Player

Words: 15420
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2011, 1:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Brian Gregoric on March 5th, 2011, 10:29 am

Brian sat there still, paying attention to what Doc had to say. In the end of his speech, he realized it was a waste of time, for Doc had just used another chance to try and prove how greater and better he is than others. In his own mind, of course. He just when on and on talking with a smooth, yet superior (for god nows what reason) voice, calling Brian rude, and Karl dumb. In a subtle way, for sure. Doc sure did have some guts.

After Doc's moment of fame, Karl spoke up. Brian was happy to see that he wasn't the only one disgusted by the rude man's personality and act. Karl was too. It was obvious that both Doc's guests saw right through him, and didn't like what they had to see.

He kept sitting there, turning his look to his fingers, crossing them at the same time. Nodding every now and then to show approval of Karl's words.
Suddenly there was silence. He realized Karl's speech was over as well, so he assumed it was his time to react.

"I deeply apologize for not introducing myself earlier. I was just so very distracted by your own little tirade, it just slipped my mind."

He spoke looking at Doc, right in his eyes, smiling, yet sarcastically frowning at him.

"My name is not Rain. I am not even sure that is a name. However, let me do you the honor and introduce myself now. My name is Brian."
He added, with a funny, dramatical tone in his voice, mocking everything Doc had said in the same way.

"And again, I am very sorry for not doing this before."

He glared at Doc for a few moments, starting to feel annoyance again, and turned his look towards Karl, nodding his head with a smile.
Brian Gregoric
What if I say I'm not like the others?

Words: 13879
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Murdoch on March 14th, 2011, 1:45 am

"Oh yes," Doc laughed, playing a few more cards as he spoke, "the gods forbid I take pride in enunciation." A smirk crossed his lips, flashing another hint of ebony teeth. "As for being feeble," he said softly, focusing on the cards again, "I have survived the fighting rings of Syliras and the pits of Sunberth. I have no need of either your pity or your approval. Either of you," he said, glancing up to add Brian to that estimation. "What I do have need of is a quiet game and a friendly drink. You approached me, and have offered neither. You can be on your way as soon as you like," he said, his face splitting into an intimidating black grin.
Murdoch
Player

Words: 128476
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 11:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Murdoch on April 2nd, 2011, 3:45 am

OOC: Hey guys, been a couple of weeks since I've heard from you. If you don't get back to me, I'm gonna just turn this in for grading. Let me know!
Murdoch
Player

Words: 128476
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 11:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Brian Gregoric on April 9th, 2011, 8:59 am

It's Karl's turn, I'm waiting as well...:)
Brian Gregoric
What if I say I'm not like the others?

Words: 13879
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Smudge on May 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Time to reap what you have sown!

Just as we have two eyes and two feet, duality is part of life.

~Carlos Santana

Name of the character: Murdoch

Skill points: +1 teaching, +1 gambling and +3 rhetoric.

Lores: Trying to play cards with strangers, Failing to play cards with strangers, Not letting failure spoil the mood, He didn’t actually see that I was making fun of him, did he?, Maybe I’m not the bigger man, but I am a lesser jerk, Keeping your cool, Trying to intimidate rude guests and Provoked into being less than firendly.

Additional comments: 10 CM should be added to your ledger; also I am sorry I couldn’t give you more things!
Smudge
Mizuriel incognito

Words: 13660
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2011, 9:28 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous