Ghostly Meetings (Aello)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Ghostly Meetings (Aello)

Postby Liam on March 16th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Liam listened quietly as Aello spoke her mind. All the things she said were things he had already come to realize long ao, perhaps even before he had died though he would never have admitted it to himself back then. If only things had gone differently, if only he hadn't reacted the way he had. Maybe he still would have died, but maybe his mind wouldn't have fallen to shambles as it did. Liam knew he could have done things better, but such regrets were behind him. All he could think of now was revenge. When Aello stopped speaking it took Liam a moment to respond, she had given him much to think about and in truth the sound of her voice was comforting. It was the first real conversation Liam had had since his death.

"The Ebonstryfe... the Black Sun... their loyalties lie with Rhysol and Rhysol alone. Even the Voice herself is expendable if Rhysol so wished it, and she would probably kill herself for him. Ravok is only safe as long as He wishes it so. If He ever gave the word Ravok would burn the very same day. They offer safety from the outside world, but it is an illusion maintained only so long as it serves His ends."

Liam shook his head, clearing his minds of such thoughts. Well, pushing them to the back of his mind anyway. It was hard for him to think of anything else other than his vengeance and when he tried he found it was hard to focus on anything else. Would his rage ever truly subside, Liam wondered? Would he ever move on as Aello suggested, or would he be forever doomed to walk the impossible path he was set on. But there was something else on his mind, something he had been wondering since he began talking with Aello.

"That is enough about my problems for now.. perhaps someday I will find my peace and move on, but that is a thought for another time. I do have a question for you though, if you don't mind my asking," Liam paused and when there were no objections he continued, Why aren't you afraid of me? Most people I've met.. well, let's say they weren't as talkative as you. But you don't seem to care that you are talking to a dead man."
Liam
Player

Words: 74206
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Ghostly Meetings (Aello)

Postby Aello on March 17th, 2011, 2:43 am

"That sounds about right," Aello commented as she shifted her weight again. "But then again, Alvadas is supposed to be the city of illusions. Perhaps Ravok merely is the way it is, and everyone knows, but simply doesn't want to admit it to themselves," she added, as she stared at the peculiar ghost she had encountered. "Perhaps admitting the sorry state of the city would be too much for many to handle, and although they may wish to leave, or to lash out, they cannot because of the stryfe." Aello was silent for a long time as she considered her words. Each moment, the fate of the city seemed more and more pathetic to her. The fact that she remained as well, troubled her somewhat. Why stay somewhere where there was only chaos?

As soon as she had heard Liam's last comment, Aello broke out into laughter. "What reason is there to be afraid? It's not as though you're trying to possess anyone?" Aello commented. "Not to mention, once its been done a few times you kind of get used to the idea. It doesn't really scare you anymore. That, and well, Liam, I'm a spiritist, who seems to see more and more ghosts every day. These meetings, well, they all seem normal after awhile. It would be not seeing you ghosts running about that would scare me. You're simply a fixture now, a harsh reality that a spiritist must accept. Surely you can understand that?" Aello inquired as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

OOCSorry this is such a short post. If we could, would you mind wrapping up or changing gears? Purely social threads are a little rough after a bit, if you know what I mean.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Ghostly Meetings (Aello)

Postby Liam on March 18th, 2011, 1:08 am

So she was a spiritist!? Now that was certainly not what Liam had expected to hear, although once he thought about it he wasn't completely surprised. Liam had never met a spiritist before, not in life nor death, but he imagined they wouldn't exactly be afraid or surprised to run into a ghost. It was their job, afterall, to deal with the dead. Liam ahd only heard of spiritists dealing with problem ghosts before though, so he supposed he was lucky he hadn't angered the woman or decided to practice on her. This was yet another thing he hadn't thought of yet... what would happen if his enemies sent someone trained to fight ghosts against him. Until now Liam had pretty much thought of himself as invincible, if a bit easily fatigued, but Aello reminded him that there were people out there who could do him harm.

But such a person might also prove a powerful ally if the stories he'd heard were true. Most spiritists were in the profession of combating ghosts, but Liam had heard stories before of powerful mediums who could empower ghosts as well. They could heal them, merge with them in a perfect possession, more so than any non-spiritist could no matter how willing the host might be. Perhaps Aello was such a person.. she certainly didn't seem aggressive, though Liam had done nothing to provoke her. Liam suddenly realized this entire time he had been thinking he had failed to acknowledge what she'd said out loud.

"Oh.. you are a spiritist.. I have never met one of those before.. You aren't what I expected. Not in a bad way though! You just.. um.. I. It was nice to meet you, Aello. You have given me much to think about. Maybe someday we will meet again."

Liam promptly blinked from the scene, leaving Aello standing alone in the forest once more. Liam blinked back in a short distance away, though he did not make himself visible, and quickly began his journey back to Ravok. He was being honest when he said he had much to think about, both good thoughts and bad. ON the one hand he had a new enemy to consider, but on the other one of those very same enemies might make an excellent ally. Liam resolved to seek Aello out again one day when he had honed his skills somewhat and see if she would still be as friendly once he'd stirred up some trouble in town.

OOCYeah.. it's hard to think of interesting things to say after a while. It's okay, this thread was supposed to be just a meet and greet anyway.
Liam
Player

Words: 74206
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Ghostly Meetings (Aello)

Postby Seth on March 28th, 2011, 6:32 am

Liam:

• +1 Rhetoric XP

Lores: The Need for Allies, What Spiritists Are (basics).

The Method behind my Madness :
You two had a bit of a philosphical discussion... so I will award an XP point for that.

Aello:

• +1 Rhetoric XP

Lores: The Short Version of Liam's Past.

The Method behind my Madness :
You tried to help Liam think out his grand plan a little bit, so I can award a Rhetoric point for that!

Yay! The Spiritist PC finally gets to meet a Ghost PC! I hope you two have a great time with each other! <3
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous