Seafoam's Fresh Fish

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Seafoam's Fresh Fish

Postby Lutro Seafoam on March 27th, 2020, 8:52 pm

Seafoam's Fresh Fish

Syliras, The Great Bazaar
Goods (Fish)

Base Income: Fisherman, 4 gm/day
Skill Bonus: Novice Fishing, +0 gm/day
Sale's Bonus: +0 gm/day
Total Income: 4 gm/day

Hiring a table at the Great Bazaar: -1 gm/day, 6 days a week

Weekly Profit: 34 gm/week

Debts: None

(Note: All products are sold fresh within two days of catching.)

Product Availability Price
Anchovy Regular 5 cm/lb
Bass Regular 4 cm/lb
Bluefish " 2 sm/lb
Catfish " 2 cm/lb
Dogfish " 2 sm/lb
Herring " 6 cm/lb
Mackerel " 6 cm/lb
Monkfish " 1 sm/lb
Sardine " 1 cm/lb
Albacore Limited 2 gm/lb
Barracuda " 1 sm/lb
Marlin " 2 gm/lb
Ray " 5 sm/lb
Swordfish " 1 gm/lb
Tuna " 1 gm/lb
Lutro Seafoam
Seafoam's Fresh Fish
Playfair Display SC
#CCFFFF
Lutro Seafoam
Player

Words: 9346
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2020, 10:12 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seafoam's Fresh Fish

Postby Gillar on May 6th, 2020, 1:54 am

Apologies for the delay on commenting, it's been an interesting few months as you can imagine.

You have a good start here but there are a couple of issues.

First, a minor thing but worth noting, there are no weeks in Mizahar. There are days and seasons. Income is noted as per day and per Season.

The main issue I see however is that, as a starting character, you are better off finding employment from an existing business and using that employment to gain experience in your desired profession, in this case a fisherman as well as earning a wage through that occupation. The higher you raise your relevant skills and more money you save from your wage, the better chance you have of starting your own business. The problem is that, as a Novice, you aren't going to be able to catch enough quality fish to be able to compete with the sales of more experienced fisherman/fishmongers. Thus your business is basically doomed to fail.

So my advice is to find employment as a fisherman who catches fish for a local fishmonger to sell. You get a wage, you get experience and you gain a better shot at starting your own business.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Seafoam's Fresh Fish

Postby Lutro Seafoam on May 14th, 2020, 11:27 pm

Hi Gillar :) no worries on the delay, I definitely understand.

You make some very valid points and actually having Lutro be an apprentice type figure would open up some really interesting avenues for roleplays and/or solos in the future.

How would you recommend I continue? I could delete this thread for now and make a new one as an apprentice, or should I be creating an NPC who I could tutor Lutro under?
Lutro Seafoam
Seafoam's Fresh Fish
Playfair Display SC
#CCFFFF
Lutro Seafoam
Player

Words: 9346
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2020, 10:12 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seafoam's Fresh Fish

Postby Gillar on June 22nd, 2020, 3:39 am

I would seek out employment within the city related to the kind of business you wish to eventually start. From job approval you would gain access to NPCs from whom you can learn from and build your skills.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)