Closed A Walk to War[Madeira Craven]

Moritz and Madeira head to meet a possible combat instructor for the twins...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A Walk to War[Madeira Craven]

Postby Madeira Dusk on June 10th, 2020, 12:03 am

Madeira blinked owlishly at the one year old, who was yapping in distress. Something about... turning dead people into magic shoes? She supposed this 'never understanding each other' thing was going to be a lot more literal than she had originally thought.

"Aaaand we're done here", she clapped her hands once, as if the sharp sound were the final punctuation. The cork in the proverbial can of worms. That Gordian knot of confusion was going to have to wait. They'd been imposing on Shallon's patience for too long. She stood and took the child by the hand, towing him along out of the training room.

After the dampened noise of the padded room, everything felt a little more sharp than it did before. Kyra was standing in her kitchen, and the teaspoon bouncing on the rim of her mug was much too loud for the small space. She looked up as the two pushed through the door and her weather beaten face cracked into a smile.

"Did you have a good chat?"

"The best." Madeira struggled to keep the exasperation out of her voice. "We're on our way out. Thank you for taking Moritz on as a student. He'll be back."

"He better", here her attention slid to the child. "Remember what you learned- always get up when you're knocked down. I'll look forward to seeing you again, boy."

The three of them exchanged niceties, collected their shoes, and Madeira and Moritz left. The midmorning sunshine had finally chased away the last of the mist, and the sky above was bright and clear. And like this, walking hand in hand, Madeira explained to her son the concept of a soul, and what it means to be a magic user.
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Walk to War[Madeira Craven]

Postby Baiya on April 15th, 2021, 4:03 pm

Moritz Craven :
Skills Amount
Acrobatics + 3
Arcanology + 2
Endurance + 4
Interrogation + 2
Logic + 3
Observation + 5
Running + 1
Philosophy + 2
Tactics + 2
Socialization + 1
Unarmed Combat + 2
Weapon: Hook Sword + 1

Lore
Observation: Okomo Have Better Noses Socialization: Wearing Shoes to Fit In
Endurance: A Real Warrior Does Not Quit Tactics: Preparing for Counter Attacks
Acrobatics: Roll With the Impact Tactics: Don't Give Energy to Your Opponents
Hook Sword: A Defensive Weapon Hook Sword: Hilt is the Only Part That's Not a Weapon
Practicing With Wooden Weapons Acrobatics: Rolling on One Shoulder
Acrobatics: Stretching Before and After a Workout Philosophy: Multiple Types of Truths and Lies
Never a Craven Like Moritz Before Fighting is Not the Same as Hurting
Philosophy: Helping Both Family and the City Kyra: Moves in a Blur
Arcanology: What is Djed? Alvadas: Ruled by Ionu
Ionu: God of Trickery and Illusions Arcanology: Djed is Strongest in the Soul

Madeira Dusk :
Skills Amount
Caretaking + 2
Cosmetology + 1
Negotiation + 1
Philosophy + 2
Teaching + 1

Lore
Caretaking: Trusting the Child Caretaking: Giving "A Talk"
Philosophy: Not Everything is Black and White Philosophy: Choosing Between Allegiances
Teaching: Shutting Down the "Why?" Family is a Name and a Responsibility

Additional Comments:
Nice thread ^^ It's always a pleasure to read how Moritz and Mads clash. I love the way they are both so similar and yet so opposite. It reminds me of my own family.

Moritz- I gave the weapon skill as "Hook Sword" because it was such a specialized weapon. If you prefer a general longsword skill with specific lores for using Tiger Hooks, I can change that.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me via PM or Discord. If all is well, please either delete your request or edit to show it's been graded in the queue. Thanks!
Finals season has completely drained me of writing. Please stand by.
Baiya
Player

Words: 50485
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2019, 6:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous