Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on March 3rd, 2011, 4:31 am

He was astounded how well she took it all in. How well she received all the information and how well she understood it all. Many would not dare to venture this close to him. Many would just be happy at staring a great distance away; or getting just close enough to begin to see the truth. Then pull away in confusion and misunderstanding. Many thought him a prisoner; but they were only half right. He was indeed a prisoner, but one of a different kind. He was tortured like a prisoner, beaten like a prisoner, starved like a prisoner, but many were never free like a prisoner could be once they served their sentence. No many prisoners like him were destined to the life they didn't choose. Prisoners many times choose to be so; through acts of cruelty. But none chose the life of a slave. Not willingly.

He watched her closely. Every breath she took was measured and realized by Serrif while he watched her. He wanted to make sure not to overwhelm her. He wanted someone to understand. To honestly wholly understand. To just know that he was who he was and accept the fact that he just was. His thoughts made little sense in his head while thoughts whizzed around. He wanted to just be accepted really. He wanted a standing in society for once. He just wanted to be part of something that he could actually be proud of. He was still searching for this to be truthful. He had found a blink of hope and use helping Keyta. And he figured he could go that route.

He stood and kept fishing. "So you were in slavery then."

"I was a slave." He answered, but behind that answer in his tone alone there was soo much more that was unsaid. His voice was suddenly stern, not if to say he was angry. No, but to say that he WAS a slave. No longer, no more he didn't want that for himself or anyone else any longer. The way in which it was said meant so much more than what was said.

"You are strong, and I am happy you found your way here to this Island." Again his answer was measured and exact.

"Strong or lucky. I don't know which I am anymore. But I do believe I am a little of both." The truth of the matter was he was indeed weak physically. Any common thug could likely do him in. But mentally and emotionally he was rather callused. He had defenses built up and walls that were needed in his every day existence for so long he forgot what life was like without them. He was slowly beginning to tell himself that these weren't needed here. No on this isle he didn't seem to need them. And they were useless anyway because it seemed the women here may be able to read him like an open book anyway. A truth he was just coming to notice. A startling truth he was just coming to notice.

"Will you teach me how to fish? If you do, I'll do something for you. Teach you something. As long as I can" A proposal he wasn't about to pass up but it came with a disclaimer.

"I warn you. I really don't know what I am doing all that well." He admitted openly as he shrugged. "But I have learned some and I will teach you what I know." He then handed her the pole and stepped aside.

"Now look out. There you see that little bobber?" He said pointing out into the waters. She would see a bobber, but it was elongated and more conic in shape.

"Now you know you have a bite when the bobber tilts up instead of laying flat on the waters like it is now. When something bites you pull some and try and fight the fish. Just mainly to tire it out. If you pull to hard you'll yank the hook out o fit's mouth and if you pull to light you won't tire the fish out anytime soon. And well now you know what I know." He said as he then watched her. It was odd she would decide to fish when it was obvious to him that she was meant to go INTO the water and get fish. Maybe with a spear...Now that was a novel idea. Going into the water with a spear and getting fish...He would have to try that sometime soon. He would love to try that. He worked out the details in his mind as he watched Eisi.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby E'isi on March 3rd, 2011, 5:43 am

Eisi could tell he was choosing his words carefully, and she could sense that he was wanting to be accepted into a world that would not just see him as a slave, but as a man. She had to stop her self, she wanted to tell him that he was a man, and that you will always be what you see yourself as. No matter if other understood that or not. But she had learned her lesson about blurting things out with him. He tend to push her in new directions that she had never been before. The proof was still in her shaking hands behind her back.

"I warn you. I really don't know what I am doing all that well. But I have learned some and I will teach you what I know."
This brought her out of her deep thought, his words. At first Eisi just stared at him dumbfounded then he handed her the fishing stick. Eisi gasped as she fumbled her hands out from behind her back to grab hold of the fishing stick. She was in a bit of a shock, not expecting him to just hand it over just like that.

"Now look out. There you see that little bobber?" His voice was just behind her as he pointed out to the sea. Eisi nodded as she spotted the floating ball called a "bobber" what a funny name for such a small device.

"Now you know you have a bite when the bobber tilts up instead of laying flat on the waters like it is now. When something bites you pull some and try and fight the fish. Just mainly to tire it out. If you pull to hard you'll yank the hook out o fit's mouth and if you pull to light you won't tire the fish out anytime soon. And well now you know what I know."

Eisi galped as she held the fishing stick out to sea. She wondered how she was supposed to hold it, and she was sure she was doing it wrong. Eisi expression was priceless, her eyes were hudge and she was making a small face due to the fact that she was biting her inner lip. A bad habit she formed while painting. Aslo her body was funny in its self. She was standing with her legs apart, butt sticking out and holding the fishing stick as far away as possible. Like the stick would turn into a snake and strike her delicate hands at any time. Her hair was a mess, due to the fact that it partly fell from her hair tie as she moved into this position.

She turned her head and looked a bit confused..."Im doing this wrong, Im sure of it.." she could help but notice how ridiculous she looked. Then she proceeded to laugh at her self. Her laugh was that of wind chimes, softly rolling in and out, she even snorted a bit. Part of her goofy nature. She then tried and correct her stance, but with little improvement.

"I will get this!" she said mostly to herself. She was not one to give up and wanted to master the basics of this hobby call Fishing.

She was standing there for some time, thinking about how peaceful this was. Standing here with nothing but the soft winters sun, and the cool breeze softly whispering in from the sea, thats when she saw the bobber move, and with that she became really excited. "LOOK!!!" she jumped up and down as she tried to remember what to do.."Push?! Pull?! Yank!" she spoke out loud, trying to remember. She yanked the stick over her shoulder, remembering at the last minute that if you did it to hard, you would lose the fish. She pulled on it once more, this time softer, yes she had something on the line. She started to laugh and yell in celebration.

Soon the beach was filled with the sound of her excitement. She was one of many who enjoyed life and the new experiences it brought. And now the whole Isle knew too. Just then the Stick bent down, it startled her so much that she dropped it. Soon realizing that the stick was heading out to sea. She scampered on the ground and grabbed hold of it. Jumping onto the stick, spraying sand everywhere, she was laying flat on her stomach as she tried to get a better grip on the stick. She forgotten that Serrif was even there by having so much fun. She soon pulled her self back up to her knees and started to yank the stick to get the fish in. At this point she was covered in sand, normally she would dust herself off and try to at least look some what presentable, but the young Konti didn't care. This was too much fun. She remembered that she needed to reel the line in..but she really didn't know how.

"How do you get it in???!"
She cried as she looked around the stick, she was slightly confused on how to use it. The bobber was still under water so she knew that a fish was certainly on the other end. Seeing no other way she stuck the stick into the sand and stood up. She then proceeded to take off skirt, and was thankful that she dressed in undergarments that covered herself and allowed for swimming. Wearing only her top and fitted bottoms she went running into the water. Her scales reflecting the joy of being able to be free, diving out of site and to the bottom of the ocean. She was going to get that fish!

OOCHope this brings a smile to your face, was unsure on how to rp this out so hope its ok that its humor. And im really sorry it so short, next one will be better!
E'isi
Free Spirit

Words: 69390
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on March 4th, 2011, 12:26 am

"I'm doing this all wrong I'm sure of it." She was indeed right. Serif found it all somewhat comical. But he did move to help her. He straightened out her posture gently with one hand then brought the pole a little closer to her. He then brought her hands on the pole like she was holding a wood ax and left only about 4 inches below her bottom hands grip. This allowed her better control of the rod if anything decided to hit her hook and take a bite. And if something did he was sure they would be having this conversation all over again.

"There that should do it." He said standing back letting her really get a feel for all of it. He watched and waited. Again standing next to her looking out to see watching the bobber with her. It was interesting standing there with no pole in his hand. He was used to having to stand here fishing. But now that he wasn't well...things were different.

He was glad to see how excited she was to have a bite on her line. It was interesting that it took her less time to get her fist bite than it did him. Caught up in the excitement she dropped it but then quickly recovered it when she realized what she had done. It was true had she not caught up with the rod...well there would be a fish caught but never reeled in. He wasn't sure what that would be like but he was sure it wouldn't be pleasant by any means. He watched and it was indeed comical watching her scurry about in the sand trying to get the pole. She did recover it and was still proud of herself. Just as she should be.

"How do you get it in?" A question he could easily answer. He nodded and came up beside her again a smile on his face. That was interrupted when she decided she would go in and literally grab the fish. Well by the time Serrif recovered from the sight and the thought that she would do this...she was already running into the water. It seemed everyone had a different way of doing things. And well she had found her way and was going to stick with it.

He merely stood on the shore and well watched. He found her enthusiasm interesting. And well entertaining all at the same time. She was energetic and obviously wanted to get things done; and fast. Although her methods of troubleshooting and arriving at a conclusion needed a little tweaking. But she would likely get done what she needed. He watched with a smile on his face. Well it was what it was at this point. He wasn't about to pull on the rod and risk accidentally snagging her. No he would let her do as she would. The fish wasn't that far out really. And well truth be what it was he didn't really care. It was nice to see someone else having this much fun with fishing. He noticed that these women seemed to be people of water. Like they could have a second home here underwater. He hadn't been that observant but he did notice that they seemed to be built for the water. Maybe that was why she didn't hesitate to stalk off into the water and try and catch the fish. That was actually likely more than half the reason why she went off to get the fish with her hands. Actually come to think about it he wasn't sure how she planned on obtaining the fish. Only that she said she planned on getting it somehow. He grew more and more intrigued by the second. It seemed that she was going to get this fish; and he was glad to see she was determined to do so. He wouldn't think about wading out into the water to actually catch the fish. But then again he wasn't built for the water like she was; or like she looked to be. He still wasn't sure about that one to be honest.

His eyes watched and well he became more and more sure of it by the second. Her kind was meant for land and water. Maybe not all types of land; but definitely for land and water. He wondered what the story of the Konti women was. How they came to be and what their proud heritage was. And why above all else they bore only female daughters. That meant that they could only mate with outsiders. Something that intrigued him. He wondered if there were any rituals concerning finding a proper mate. Especially when you were going to have a female daughter. He knew that these women were very spiritual, and regarded life as generally precious. They were careful in what they took from nature and they loved and cared for this isle. Something that was really new to him was the attitude of caring for the place in which you lived. He had spent so much time trying to escape from where he last lived he hadn't stopped to really think about how he could improve it all. But he figured that escaping was indeed the best way of changing his environment for the better. And honestly it was the fastest way as well. But now that he was here he found himself more aware of nature and her beauty. The beach felt like home to him and he wondered how long it would take him to save up for a small house of some kind here. Or even if he would be allowed to claim himself an inhabitant of Konti Isle.

That question bothered him some. He wanted to call this place home so bad. He wanted these people to be his people; even though he knew he could never really be considered one of them. But he wanted to be one of them. He wanted to be a Murian. He wondered just what would be required of him. And if he had to prove himself one way or another to these people. But one step at a time, he first needed to have coin; and an income stream. Maybe he would open a shop of some kind. Maybe he could go work for the temple. Seemed they needed good help last he checked.
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby E'isi on March 7th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Eisi loved the ocean, it was her second home indeed. The water was crisp and cool this time of year, but clear. She swam with ease, fanning out her webbed hands to control her direction, using her legs to paddle her webbed feet. She was built for this forbidden world. It was simple really, breathing under water. The graces of her gills allowed her to transition quite simply. The world around her changed, the golden rays of the sun were lightly scattered amongst that of the water around her. Allowing plenty of light for her eyes to take in. The ocean was lively, fish and crab swam the shallower ends of the sea, deeper would be the larger and more dangerous fish.

She looked around the bottom of the sea, her hair more lively with every movement. It was as if it was dry and there was no gravity to hold her down. Almost like flying in the blues of the sky. Eisi's skin glittered with the movement of her body, catching what rays came to her depth. From above you would see short flashes of silver and blue, tracking her every movement.

Eisi looked for the line that was cast out, only not seeing it, it dawned on her that maybe she was to far out. She looked back to the shore line and found the soft outline of a silver thread. That must be it, she thought to her self. She swam in its direction, keeping an hawks eye on it. There laid the line with a bit of seaweed on the end. She ran her hand softly amongst it. She removed the clumps of seaweed that littered it, making the line bob a bit with her touch, she saw a small fish at the end. It swam with all its might in the opposite direction of her, fearing for she was a much bigger foe then it. She smiled and wondered how such a small creature could cause such a commotion. She almost had a feeling just to let it free, but then remembered Serrif's condition. No she couldn't do that, after all he was in need of food, and even if it was small, it would help. She wondered what she should do now. She could grab it and swim back up to the surface, but what of the hook. She stayed in that position and thought of a solution.

Time passed, and she remained looking at the small fish. She finally decided that she would just have to be very careful to keep her hand free of the sharp point. She gently scooped up the fish, only to find it more slippery then she first thought. Letting go, she sighed, or what would be considered a sigh under water. Small bubbles floating to the top breaking the surface and she exhaled through her gills. She finally tugged up on the line, pulling the fish's mouth up ward, then she hooked a finger in it's mouth. This gave her a better grip, and she had watched Serrif do this earlier when she was painting him. Smiling, she pushed herself back up to the waters top returning to the world above her. She broke the waters surface and took a large galp of fresh air. She almost didn't want to come back up, knowing that she made somewhat of a fool of herself. She should of been more patient but the excitement got to her first. Knowing that she would have to face him, she left her secret world and joined that of land.

Her hair was matted down to her head, reaching almost to her backside. She shirt clung to her body as she started off to shore. She reached a spot where she could just walk, she held the fish in one hand, with the other she tried not to get tangled up in the line. The waves crashed against her body, first her back, the eventually her legs. As she emerged she saw that Serrif was just sitting by the pole, lost in thought. She smiled, "Hey!" she held the fish up so he could see, "I got it!" she smiled. The fish was small, not very big, probably only a bite at that. She walked up to the beach, sand sticking to the bottom of her feet, and her back ankles. "So, go ahead, you can tell me what I did wrong." she smiled and laughed at herself.

Eisi sat down next to Serrif and offered the fish to him. She pulled her hair to the side and rang out any access water, and combed her free hand through it. "What are you thinking so hard about?" she set the fish down on the sand and turned to him with soft eyes. She began to slowly understand him, but always the curious one, she wanted to know more. Waiting for his answer, she began the long tedious task of braiding her long white hair.
E'isi
Free Spirit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on March 8th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Serrif couldn't help the smile that crossed his face when she came out of the water holding the fish in her hands. It was interesting he never would've thought of doing that. But that proved to him that these were women of the sea. That the water was truly a second home for them. That meant that there was a second side of the city that he would never really get to explore. Making it even harder for him to be a citizen here. Because that was yet another difference he had with the entire rest of the population. Another thing on his list that bothered him slightly.

She handed him a fish and sat down and well he looked the fish over. It wasn't much and well he wasn't going to eat it because it still had a life ahead of it. Some of the larger fish he would indeed keep. Even in his condition as malnourished as he appeared to be he knew that sometimes you just let your catch go. He took the fish and gently placed it back into the sea. He sat down beside her.

"You did nothing wrong. You just did it differently." He answered as he smiled and looked out to sea.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" She questioned and he nodded and answered her still looking out to the sea.

"I am thinking about this place. I wish to remain here for a good period of time. Only I am so different than everyone else. I can't survive for long periods of time in the water; nor do I really know how to navigate the water. Yet I have a desire to settle down here. Maybe be a healer of some kind. But the question is really where to start."
He said as he then nodded and looked out to the sea again. His mind blaring and rattling though random thoughts.

"I feel like this could be home." He confessed honestly as he looked out to sea. This was the first place he felt completely calm. The first place he could sit down and really think through everything he needed to. The ONLY place he felt anything like acceptance. He was unsure if he could ever feel this anywhere else.

"But I'm unsure how to go about integrating with everyone else. Everyone seems so accepting but I need to learn the culture. And what all goes on here. You know what made me realize I wanted this to be home. It happened a few days ago. I heard a few women talking about their 'living decorations'. You can imagine what I thought. But I asked and they were talking about a particular fish that would visit them. He would come and go as he pleased and grace them with his presence when he felt like it. Where I was from they would cage and sell that animal. Not caring what happened to it. But here they let that creature go where it wants. They leave it in its freedom."

What he said rang more true than he could really imagine. He liked how here they left you to your own in a way. How he felt like he could be part of this society if he wanted to. He wanted a home so bad. He wanted to understand this place better. But that required him to venture into the town center and really see what was going on. And he knew that they could see into his mind. Well that some could; and he didn't want them feeling what he had felt. That would be horrific and he wouldn't wish it on anyone. Not even his worst enemy. If this was even possible. But he wasn't going to take chances of setting off a seer and having them get thrown into a fit of pain if they experienced anything close to what he had. There were just some secrets that were best kept secrets. And his past was one of them he would share in words; but preferred not to share in any other way.
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby E'isi on March 9th, 2011, 6:39 am

She sat silently as he spoke, she saw just a bit deeper then she expected to. She looked out to sea and wondered if there was a way that she would be able to help him. She could show him around, and maybe fill him in on there culture, but would that be so forward of her? He didn't ask for her help, she looked to him with soft eyes. She wanted to pat his back and tell him that one day he would live here, but she wasn't so sure of that. Most of the people who came here to visit, loved it so that they too wanted to stay, but only to leave. They did not fully understand what it met to live in a peace filled land. One with such respect that it was almost sickening.

She smiled, "As for the breathing underwater, I don't see that happening, unless you have gills somewhere hidden on that body of yours." she hoped he would get her little joke. "But as for our culture, that I can show you." she stood up, now dry from her fishing adventure, and walked to where he things lied in the sand. Placing her skirt back on she reached down and grabbed some of the fruit she brought with her, picking up two red apples and her canvas with her paints, she walked back over to Serrif handing him one. "Here eat." she didn't wait for him to accept or not before she took a big bite out of the other one.

Grabbing her paints and brushes again, she started work on the painting, careful to angle it away from him so he couldn't see. She added his figure making it almost black, but highlights around it. "I can tell you about our arts, we have plenty around here, or why we only have female children." she stopped and thought for a moment, "Also why we don't get married, nor stay with one man our whole lives." she smiled timidly at him then looked back down at her painting.

"Understanding our culture is one thing my friend, living it is another." she worked on her painting some more as she spoke. She found it easy to distracted herself with doing two things at once then just trying to hold a conversation. "Most don't quite understand what it means to live peacefully, not saying you are one of these people," she gave him side glace that said sorry if I offended you. "But they get bored and leave, no conflicts happen, or at least often. I'm saying that if this is the life you want, then there should be nothing stopping you. You could live this life anywhere. Its just knowing how to react." she looked out to sea, "This life is just a mirror of ourselves, What you sea out here, you must first see in yourself." she sighed and hoped she didn't lose him with that one. "So first you must be at peace with yourself before you can live peacefully." she smiled and looked to him, "At least thats what I believe and often see in others." felling a bit heavy she decided to give him something that he could answer.

"So what do you want to know?" as she looked out to sea and took another bite. "I can tell you what I know, but exploring the city would be faster and easier to understand." She took another bite as she glanced down at him, raising one eye brow as she took a large bite. The fruit was sweet, and refreshing. its juices filled her mouth and eased her hunger. "So? what do you think?" she finished the painting, she held it out to him to examine.

Eisi's painting:

OOCimage done by me and is owned by me Enjoy!

E'isi
Free Spirit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on March 9th, 2011, 11:42 pm

Serrif listened intently at what she said. He was glad someone here was going to explain all of this to him. He smiled visibly as she joked with him. She was the first Konti to truly have a sense of humor about her. He liked it and well it was refreshing. Everyone here was so proper and reserved. It made it nearly impossible for him to get a really good idea of what was going on around the Isle. He wanted to know the inner workings; so he could then possibly traverse the inner workings and make this place his true home.

"I can tell you about our arts, we have plenty around here, or why we only have female children.” Something he was really wondering about in his head. How could it be that someone could only have female children? How could a population continue to grow and expand if there were no natural males in the population? It was infeasible to him and his mind right now couldn’t comprehend how that could even work. That meant that they HAD to find outside men to mate with. But then how did all the women look so similar? How was there almost no gene pool differences between them that were blaringly different?

"Also why we don't get married, nor stay with one man our whole lives." This was another thing that he hadn’t thought about. A culture of women that didn’t seem to value marriage? That was odd to him as well. He was sure that there was a reason for this as well. If the children came out looking like other Konti women and never seemed to mirror or have any features of the father why not stick with the same mate? This puzzled him further as he toiled over it in his head.

"Understanding our culture is one thing my friend, living it is another.” A true understatement. He was more puzzled now about the culture than he thought was possible at first. But at the same time he was glad someone was telling him about this before he had to find it all out the hard way.

"Most don't quite understand what it means to live peacefully, not saying you are one of these people, but they get bored and leave, no conflicts happen, or at least often. I'm saying that if this is the life you want, then there should be nothing stopping you. You could live this life anywhere. It’s just knowing how to react.” If only it was as simple as she thought it was. Her statement appeared rather understated to him. He didn’t know how to react to this; but then the two of them had lived very different lives. She hadn’t seen what he had; or been through what he had. Living a peaceful life was a product of your environment Serrif believed. It had little to do with your ‘inner self’ or if you wanted a peaceful life. He wanted a peaceful life in the slave camp; but there was no way he could obtain it there. However here on the Konti isle was a completely different story.

"So what do you want to know? I can tell you what I know, but exploring the city would be faster and easier to understand.”
Oh where to start. She had pricked several questions in his head. His mind racing at how all of this could actually work. Questions poured through his mind and raced around in a maelstrom. He tried to gather them all up; maybe seeing the city and having her explain things to him would make things easier to understand for him. Yes that would help; like a culture guide of sorts.

He was then handed a painting. “So? What do you think?” He turned it over and looked at it. He took it in and smiled; his questions vanishing as he then spoke truthfully.

“I am no artisan. Not by any means Eisi; but I do find it wonderful and beautifully done. This is the first hand piece of art I have ever seen.” It was the truth that he had never seen art before now. Well again not that he remembered seeing. His mind was a mess before the slave camp. He knew nothing of that life so he forgot it and decided he would just do what he could and wanted to now.

“As far as helping me understand all of this I would appreciate whatever you can tell me. I find the culture here very interesting to say the very least. The points you brought up intrigue me. And a tour of the city would be wonderful but only after I get a single question answered.” He stood and rolled the apple around some in his hand as he picked his words carefully.

“What do I do when I fall in love with a Konti woman? Honestly what can I expect?” He seemed worried by his own question as he looked into her eyes and then shrugged. “If I am going to be a part of this society it is likely to happen.” He took a bite of his apple as she answered then fired away at his next question.

“Now what of the arts? Should we hang your painting up among the other great arts of this Isle? I think it is deserving of such. But I am again no connoisseur of the arts.” He smiled as he showed her the painting she had done. It was a wonderful painting he thought. And he would love to have her paint all kinds of things. But he had nowhere to put them right now. He had no house and he would feel guilty keeping all of them in his tent where they could be destroyed. He would rather have a house of some kind. Where he could hang up this marvelous painting.

“Do you want to walk through the city where you can point things out to me? It would really be a treat.” He said as he smiled and then looked to her for her response.
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby E'isi on March 10th, 2011, 5:39 am

She smiled and was happy that he liked it as much as she hoped. But the next threw her off guard.

“What do I do when I fall in love with a Konti woman? Honestly what can I expect?”

She blinked, he was so honest and blunt, she could tell that this worried him, so he shrugged it off then added..

"If I am going to be a part of this society it is likely to happen.”

She sighed and looked out to sea, having never felt love herself, she could understand his worry.

"It depends on the Konti," she looked back at him as she pulled up her knees and rest a arm on them, "I know how it is in my family, and my mothers." she raised her hand and rested her head on it, watching him chew his apple. "My Sisters love their men with all their heart, they are caring and true to them. But staying with them is very hard for us, for you see we live such long lives. I might only appear 18 years to a human, but truly I am 24, still very young, almost child like to most Konti women." She smiled, but it wasnt in humor "The oldest in my family is 167, yet she looks as young as I" She laughed, "So you see we out live our mates." she scratched her head as she thought about how she wanted to explain this. "Once a Konti finds a lover, she tends to stay with him for some time. Becoming pregnant or not, she will never be able to live a normal human life. So after she fills his needs and her wants, she leaves, normally with a child growing within her. She comes back to these waters and gives birth." She looked back out to sea, "As for others, there are stories that they stay with one lover, no matter what. They tend to live in other cities, and contune to live there even after their love dies."

She remained silent for a moment, "As for my mother, she never wanted to bring a child into the world she lived in. She was forced to take lovers, over and over again. My sisters tell me that all she wanted was one man." She smiled, "As for what you can expect, most will not continue a life long relationship with one lover, but if you find one that truly loves you with all her might, she just might run away with you. Just don't take it hard if you fall, and love, then they leave with a piece of you."

He seemed to mow that over and then change the subject. Now what of the arts? Should we hang your painting up among the other great arts of this Isle?..."

She giggled, "Well I know that you have no place as of yet, so how about I hold onto it now, and when you find housing, I'll give it back to you?" She gently plucked the painting out from his hands and stood. Walking back over and placing it in her bag. Then he asked to take a walk around the city, she smiled.

"Lets pack and go, Ill show you some of my favorite spots." she answered as she smiled.

E'isi
Free Spirit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on March 10th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Serrif couldn’t imagine that the truth was anything like what she was going to tell him. He never would’ve guessed that Konti women could grow so old; yet appear so young. He had gotten a hint at this earlier from another Konti. He understood that their looks deceived their age. That he did understand; but to what extent…well that was another story that he was just now receiving the information on. Eisi wove him a precautionary tale. Yes she gave him the information he wanted; but it did indeed come with a warning.

"I know how it is in my family, and my mothers. My Sisters love their men with all their heart, they are caring and true to them. But staying with them is very hard for us, for you see we live such long lives. I might only appear 18 years to a human, but truly I am 24, still very young, almost childlike to most Konti women. The oldest in my family is 167, yet she looks as young as I. So you see we out live our mates. Once a Konti finds a lover, she tends to stay with him for some time. Becoming pregnant or not, she will never be able to live a normal human life. So after she fills his needs and her wants, she leaves, normally with a child growing within her. She comes back to these waters and gives birth. As for others, there are stories that they stay with one lover, no matter what. They tend to live in other cities, and continue to live there even after their love dies. As for my mother, she never wanted to bring a child into the world she lived in. She was forced to take lovers, over and over again. My sisters tell me that all she wanted was one man. As for what you can expect, most will not continue a lifelong relationship with one lover, but if you find one that truly loves you with all her might, she just might run away with you. Just don't take it hard if you fall, and love, then they leave with a piece of you.” She spoke from experience. These kinds of tales were exactly what Serrif was looking for.

He pondered over the words for a few moments. So falling in love with a Konti would likely rip him apart; because she would live for hundreds of years and his lifespan would be only 80 at best. He couldn’t imagine what it would be like to be that Konti woman. To still be young yet see the love of your life withering away. He didn’t want that for anyone; especially a Konti woman. If he really cared about her; he likely wouldn’t let her know he had fallen in love with her. No; he wouldn’t want the woman to see him wither away with age. Or have the woman feel she had to leave so she didn’t have to experience this. Since Konti lived such long lives it was only right that he leave the women of the isle alone. It was not worth causing distress to fall in love with one. He needed to find a woman of his own race…or that lived the same span as he did. Or around the same span of his life. That way he wouldn’t risk the horrible fallout with the woman. No; loving a Konti woman while appealing was impractical.

"Well I know that you have no place as of yet, so how about I hold onto it now, and when you find housing, I'll give it back to you?" This brought Serrif back with a smile and a response; he hadn’t even had a thought that he would get to keep the pointing. It was such a wonderful work of art how could she just let it go?

“Thank you Eisi.” Was the only real reply he had to her statement. It was a wonderful gesture on her behalf. He liked the painting and it did capture his favorite place to be. Well if she agreed to take him on a tour it was possible that he would find even more places he liked better than the beach. But he doubted that.

"Let’s pack and go, I’ll show you some of my favorite spots." That brought his mind away from its current plight of thought. He smiled and nodded.

“That would be wonderful.” To be shown the city by a true Konti was an opportunity that he was far from turning down. He needed to know what went on in the city. And the best way to do this was by seeing it. But seeing wasn’t enough. His understanding of this culture wasn’t enough just yet. He would see things and still be confused by them. And if he wasn’t confused he sure wouldn’t have a good understanding of what could be going on. So to be shown the city was something that he really thought he needed. He didn’t want to be seen wondering the streets alone; no he wasn’t sure how that would look. So a guide was in order.
Serrif Von Chatlyn

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Beachhead Blue (OPEN)

Postby E'isi on March 13th, 2011, 6:04 pm

EIsi smiled as she got up and walked over to their belongings. So this man did want to be apart of her people, she only held a small happiness for him. For he was just a flicker in most Konti's lives. How will he coop when no one ages around them, yet he grows older? How will he keep himself from falling in love with a Konti woman? Will he truly understand what it met to live a peace filled life? These questions and more ran through her head. She wanted to ask, but he always surprised her with strange answers and funny reactions. He seemed mellow, and likable. She shook her head as she finish packing up her paints.

She looked up at the sky, the sun was already over their heads. Almost time for her to leave. She hoped they had time to get to know each other. One question remained on the tip of her mouth, who where the slave traders, and how does one find them. She looked back at Serrif, should she ask? Or should she not let him know of her intentions. She gulped and turned to face him.

"Mr Serrif, I have a single question I want to ask you." She waited for his response before continuing. "Its about slaves and slave traders." She could tell that this will hit a sour point with him, and she cringed a bit for fear he will not understand why she brought this up, so she decided before continuing she would explain.

"You see my family is adoptive. A traveler found me at the shore line across the sea, He knew what I was and brought be to this island. At that time I was giving to a Konti mother who raised me as her own." she looked down and pushed the sand around with her feet.

"My real mother was a slave, a breeder if you will, used only for the soul purpose of producing other Konti." she looked up and smiled, "I'm not sad for she help me escape by escaping herself. And brought me here." she fiddled with the strap of her bag in her hand. "And well I...I know you will think that this is a ridiculous, but, I want to know how to find the trade, to find sisters that I can help escape." she looked at him straight in the eye. She wasn't joking nor was she swaying from this Idea, she was going to do this if he wanted her to or not. After all A Konti with no true family, was a lonely one.

OOCrunning out of ideas for this one, but thought this will help wrap us up. As far as her showing him around maybe in another thread? what do you think?

E'isi
Free Spirit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext