Crylon's Corner of Counting

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Crylon's Corner of Counting

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on August 31st, 2020, 8:38 pm

Crylon's corner for counting, adding, and otherwise numerating.

Rules for you and me and things to know before you post: (Please read below 1-6 before posting, then see the section below noting basic info for requests)

1- Responses may take time- Note the wait depends on backlog, how big the request is, research required, and how busy I am. Must be willing to wait. If I have not responded after a week, feel free to pm me (preferred dm on Discord) to give me a nudge, as I might have missed the request.

2-May require you to answer follow up questions after the initial request needed to clarify stuff in order to answer fully. May take a few back and forth till I have the info I need to look over the numbers, so bear this in mind.

3-Must at least attempt it yourself once. If you are still having trouble or are unsure then request help here.

4- Meant for more complex stuff, like multiple building components housing purchases, items with lots of modifiers, or stuff with lots of moving parts like travel costs/times you are unsure on. So please avoid sending simple stuff like single non-modified items, etc.

6- Just checking if your counting. But formatting is important to avoid confusion, so make sure anywhere where numbers are involved (a list of components to a building, various modifiers), to format each entry as its own line. This is so that they do not get confused for one another. If you are getting multiple of the same item/component this can be one line but please note - how many you are getting (2 X Bedroom (Simple)), then the item type, the price per unit, and then the total price (base X cost per unit) for the entire line item.

Requests- Basic info- Stuff I need to know to get the ball rolling based on standard requests. If your request doesn't fit under one of these give me the info you think would apply, and explain in your post.

-Purchases
>Buildings-Where you are building (city, farmland, new land to purchase, land you already own, etc), components to be included along with their size and cost (info from the price list), any modifiers (new building, used, other discounts), any skills that might modify the purchase (self build with skills, etc).
>Items-Item(s) being purchased, any modifiers(material, decorations, custom fitted, for children, etc).

-Travel- Route taking, start point, end point, and any places stopping over in specifically(including length if not directly going on to next place). If no specific route and just have a start/end, note this and can review various route options. But make sure to include below in costs all of the travel types that might apply(for example if your going from Zeltiva to Riverfall, that would likely include both boat and land options). I will only consider travel types noted under the cost section.
>Costs- Method(s) of travel (chartered boat, by foot, caravan, carriage, etc), amount of cargo by weight(round up to the next hundred pounds if have cargo), any animals with you(horses, dogs, etc), number of people in your party (pc, npc, anyone else you have to take with you and provide food for), any food related skills (WS, Hunting/Fishing) which will reduce your food usage? If with others what is their skills in these?
>Time- What is your WS skill? What is the required WS for the region(s) you are traveling through? Do you have the needed WS to travel safely, or will you be using caravans/trade routes which are slower/safer?
>Special notes- also note any special factors, like if season traveling in is winter (if applicable), you have any non-standard routes (like Isur in Kalea, etc), access to Wind Eagles, magical items that makes you travel faster, a canoe that fits in your pack and lets you easily ford small creeks, a blessing from a local sentient shrubbery which makes all of the foliage bend out of your way to avoid it impeding your travel, or anything else that is non-standard and could affect your travel outside the norm.

Now you just need to do some basic research, get the info noted above, and I will review it once posted. Have fun numerating!
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)