Won't you look at her? (Conrad, Sama'el, Vanator)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Jilitse on March 1st, 2011, 4:03 pm

Won't you look at her?
74th of Winter 510 AV

She was alone, lost. She had been trailing Aslode, the Drykas guide of the caravan she joined. Jilitse was meaning to ask him where to buy supplies. Jilitse wanted to ready herself for her journey through Eyktol. She followed Aslode through tents, trying to be inconspicuous, but after a few turns she got lost in the crowd.

And it was hard to tell where she was exactly.

Endrykas was unlike any other City she had been in. This was Jilitse's first time to be outside of Sylira's border. Can you say, culture shock? Although she was terribly disconcerted, it did not register on her face. By her actions, she looked like she was looking for something. It was wrong to leave Jasa'lah with the horses, she thought. It was wrong to leave Jasa'lah, period. The Benshira should find him. Hopefully. The Benshira must find him. She had a hunch that the undead race was uncommon, if not unwelcome, in these parts.

As she strolled, avoiding people's gazes while keeping to herself, she slowly observed the people. Prominent and unique were their art. With her plain blue cloak she seemed out-of-place among weaved patterns and bright colors. It also seemed that many take tattoos as fashion. She had found them rather unclean, especially on the occasional Drykas corpses that she had seen in Sahova. But here in Endrykas... everything was so different from what she had been accustomed to.

She looked around, tried to remember where she had been, which tents she had passed. Her Nuit memory was failing her this time, among a few identical tents. Where was she now? Don't they have markers for where the market is? She grumbled to herself. It was a good thing that her patience was spread evenly, and she didn't have anything to be immediately panicked about. Jilitse hated it when pulsers rushed about. She hated it most when pulsers want her to rush about as well. Time to them was like a commodity that would run out soon enough.

And then by chance, she caught sight of Aslode's head. She followed him and found herself sauntering towards the Sapphire clan. Would a mage like her be unwelcome?
Last edited by Jilitse on March 18th, 2011, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 11th, 2011, 8:41 am

Sama'el had spent a sleepless night keeping vigil over the sleeping body of his cousin after Eldon had returned on the back of his father's Strider and racing toward Dira's embrace. But now it seemed that it was safe to let him sleep alone, though the women in his family were content to sit by him and calm him through the worst of his nightmares. They had urged Sama'el to go home and sleep for he certainly couldn't do so in their pavilion with his cousin so grievously injured.

It was happenstance that he ran into Aslode, though he had spotted their approach two days previous when they had traveled within the limited range of his Webbing skills. He had even reported to the Sayaph again, confirming that the caravan his superiors saw on the Web were in fact the same he had reported earlier. He had told Jilitse of Sahova that the Striders were fleet, and so her arrival was known well before it occurred.

He looked grim as he conversed with Aslode, having told him the bare facts of the case. His uncle dead, his cousin wounded, a night spent without sleep. Thank the gods for Denen's clever, healing hands.

Though not on the Web now, he noticed Jilite's approach first, and Aslode quickly looked over his shoulder, grim too for the shared news of Zith encroachment. As she approached, diffidently it seemed, Sama'el offered her a weary smile.

"Welcome to Endrykas, Jilitse of Sahova."
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Vanator on March 21st, 2011, 4:41 pm

Vanator weaved his way among the pavilions of the Sapphire clan, his gait even but purposeful. He had heard of the Zith attack on some fellow clansmen, and learned that Eldon Sunkiss had been seriously wounded. He sought word of the young man's fate, whom he had hunted with, along with his cousin Sama'el, on several occasions. News of Zith attacks always stirred concern with the Denusk Drykas. Memories it drudged up as well...painful memories of the loss of his first wife at the hands of the vile creatures, and his harrowing battle with them near Din.

It had only been a few days since he returned from the grass himself, the strange encounter with Satu still haunting him. The Drykas hoped the caravan the Konti had joined had not been subject to Zith attacks as well. He had heard too that another caravan had arrived in Endrykas, in fact, the arrival of traders and visitors had increased in the recently. Vanator was not opposed to outsiders, in fact he had married one. But he carefully watched the influx of outlanders in the Sea. Poachers, slavers, leechers and bandits were parasites the Drykas people could tolerate. And sometimes one could not tell a malefactor from a legitimate traveler.

Vanator spotted Sama'el, and made his way towards the clansmen. Sam was still young, but was one of the best riders Van had ever seen and a true boon to have around in the grasslands. Van hoped Sam could give him word of his cousin's condition. The young Drykas appeared to be conversing with Aslode, who must have guided the latest caravan to the tent city. The man's steps slowed as she saw a stranger approach the Drykas men. It was instantly obvious she was a foreigner, garbed in the fashion of the northern regions, the places travelers call 'civilized'.

The woman moved with grace, seemingly unimpeded by Endrykas' rough, uneven dirt streets. She was attractive, if not somewhat emotionless in expression. Maybe it was because she was ill. Pale and ashen-faced, Vanator wondered if the woman had succumbed to one of the intestinal diseases strangers tend to contract when traveling through Cyphrus. Van eased his approach to Sam and Aslode, observing the strange dark-haired woman as the younger Drykas addressed her.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Conrad on March 28th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Conrad was walking around through the tents, in search of his friend sama'el, well he hoped he could call him his friend, either way he hadn't seen him for a while the last day's and wondered what was actually going on. Besides that he was also looking for somebody who could at least teach him the basics of riding a horse and how to care for them, he was in more or less the city famed for the horses they bred so getting your hands on a teacher for how to care for them and how to ride them wouldn't be that hard, at least he thought that until he reminded himself about the language barrier. So he hoped that sama'el was willing to teach him a bit, or if he didn't have any time at least point at somebody that knew common to teach him.

So after some time aimlessly wandering around and trying to ask for some directions in broken pavi he finally found out where sama'el was and was making his way as quickly to him as he could, As soon as the man came in his little buddy's view he took flight and darted over towards him, letting conrad catch up later, and landed on his shoulder making himself comfortable on the foreign feeling shoulder. Letting out a satisfied squawk as he watched his boss walking over to them.

Conrad arived a few moments later, a bit out of breath of running after his bird. Sheepishly looking at the little group of persons and his parrot that was sitting quite comfortably on sama'el's shoulder.
"Eh hi?"
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jilitse on March 29th, 2011, 12:02 am

"It is nice to find you well, Sama'el. Jasa'lah and I came to Endrykas after all." She paused and noticed the cloud over the young man's face. The Nuit had being doing this a lot with Jasa'lah, trying to read his emotions with the tone of his voice and the swirl of his face. "Are you not well?" She said, raising doubts to her greeting. "I saw you talking to Aslode... not that it is my business, I was... getting lost." She flew her eyes to the Drykas guide, who offered her a silent acknowledgment. It seemed that the new of the passing of a fellow Drykas dampened the man's spirits, and so he politely excused himself, perhaps to mourn, perhaps to check on the wounded Eldon. Aslode knew that Jilitse was acquainted with Sama'el, and was confident that despite his sorrow, Sama'el would look out for the Nuit.

"You seem dour," Jil said in the common tongue. There were big hints that it wasn't her language, and she did not fight to conceal the intonations left behind by Nader Canoch. "Would you mind telling me why?"

Before Sama'el was able to answer, they were approached by another Drykas who was sturdy as he was handsome. Jilitse lingered a stare on his face, a gaze that seemed to stop with time because she never blinked. It was clear that he was approaching one of them, but all she merely did was give a welcoming nod, a sign that she did not bother if the man would need to talk to Sama'el.

And then she caught wind of another man approaching. This one was obviously not Drykas, not in the way he dressed, and moreso with his skin not bearing a single tattoo. He greeted the odd group, slightly lifting Jilitse's focus away from the gloomy aura of Sama'el.

"Hello. You are foreign to these lands as well," The Nuit stated. She fell silent and examined the last man who approached, finding the parrot somewhat interesting. It reminded her of Jaeden's hawk. Could the parrot be a Kelvic, and if it was, was it the man's bond mate?

She turned her head back to Sama'el, remembering why she had approached the Drykas, "Jasa'lah and I parted ways in the Knotted Gates, and I left him to look for the market." Goes without saying that she wasn't able to find the market, and was now aimlessly trying to find her way back to her companion. She threw a furtive glance at Vanator, half-anticipating the other Drykas to aid her as well.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 29th, 2011, 2:49 am

"I am not good at hiding my feelings," he admitted to the Nuit, nodding to Aslode as he took made his quiet farewell. He dredged up a smile for the sorceress, though it was tinged with loss. "My uncle was killed by the Zith, my cousin severely injured. While my cousin will likely recover, my uncle will not."

Blinking in surprise at the sudden appearance of a friendly parrot on his shoulder, he reached up to ruffle the little buddy's breast feathers. He glanced over, knowing Conrad wouldn't be far behind, but he was surprised to see Vanator too, the erstwhile hunter and Ankal.

"I can show you around if you like," he offered to Jilitse before the others closed in on them. He smiled tightly to Conrad and nodded respectfully to his elder.

"Jilitse of Sahova, these are the Ankal Vanator of Denusk Pavilion, and Conrad, another foreigner biding a while with us." And to the menfolk, "This is Jilitse of Sahova, a traveler passing through Endrykas."

That she was here and introduced by a Watchman would assure any Drykas that she was a guest and likely to behave accordingly. Unwelcome guests never got so close to hand.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Vanator on March 30th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Vanator broke his glance at the curious woman to see another outsider approaching. He had seen the man once before in the streets, memorable by his foreign garb, pronounced facial scar and the colorful bird that now lighted upon Sama'el. The Drykas man was suspicious of all outlanders, particularly those who have penetrated Cyphrus far enough to find Endrykas. He gave the stranger a curt nod of acknowledgment, wondering if the stringy haired man was there to see Sam or the sick woman.

The woman had given the Denusk man a nod herself, but Vanator remained several steps away, not wishing to interrupt Sama'el's conversation, and to watch the newcomer's behavior. She greeted the foreign man, then continued her dialogue with the young Drykas Watchman.

Sama'el repositioned himself, turning so he could see both Van and the man as he introduced them to the strange female. The older Drykas glanced at Conrad, the knowledge that Sam apparently knew both Conrad and the woman helping to allay his wariness of the outsiders. Once Jilitse was introduced, Vanator offered a welcoming smile. His gaze lingered on the Sahovan's strange features before shifting to look at Sam.

"Well, heir to an Ankal, I don't get the title until my father has had enough of me and joins the Web! It is good to meet you," his eyes darted to Conrad, "and you as well. " His curiosity piqued, and at the risk of appearing forward, Vanator posed a question of the strangers. "And what brings you to the city of the horseclans?"
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vanator on March 30th, 2011, 2:13 pm

whoops....intermission post! Please enjoy refreshments being served in the lobby.
Last edited by Vanator on May 2nd, 2011, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Conrad on April 13th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Conrad looked towards the strangly clad woman when she spoke to him, raising one of hsi eyebrows in worry when he saw her rather sickly skin color.
Fortunally for him though his manners did kick in for once and told him that asking about it would probably not be a good idea.
"yeah, my name is conrad, like sama'el told you and your right that I am not from around here, I'm from riverfall. Nice to meet you."
When the other stranger suddenly spoke to him and both greeted him and began questioning him why he exactly was here.
Conrad nervously scratched the scar running across his nose.
"Well I am here mostly to see something else from the world then only my homecity, I was going to use this only as a short stop before seeing the rest of the world but I developed quite a bit of interest in your culture and lifestyle after a few weeks, so if I go and see the world to broaden my horizon why not start here?" Conrad shrugged and waited for an answer.

Meanwhile his little buddy was throughly enjoying the belly rub sama'el was giving him, letting out some happy squawks the entire time. Not really paying any attention to the other things happening.

OOC: Small note, My parrot is gray with a few streaks for red (see the picture on my CS) not a colorfull bird :)
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Lariat on August 7th, 2012, 2:58 am

Jilitse

Experience:

Rhetoric: 1 xo

Lores:

Endrykas: 'City' of the Horse-clans

Sama'el

Experience:

Rhetoric: 1 xp

Lores:

Keeping track of foreign caravans with web walking

Vanator

Experience:

Lores:

Zith attack patterns with increasing activity

Conrad

Experience:

Lores:

Drykas affinity for horses

Comments

If you have any questions just send me a pm!
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office