What Have We Here? (Nasilia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 1st, 2011, 2:51 pm

Vhanet gave a soft shudder as she watched the woman's fangs extend, and she watched with barely concealed desire to see the woman inject her venom. When the woman ripped the meat in half out of hunger Vhanet blinked in surprise. Perhaps she had been in a bit more danger than she realized. The thought sent a small thrill up her spine.

Vhanet was silent for a moment after the woman spoke of her impatience as she contemplated how to respond. The woman might appreciate it if Vhanet stopped playing the game now, as it seemed she was not the type to play, but doing so might put Vhanet at a disadvantage. She would play for a little longer, but a hint of truth wouldn't hurt, "I do have an offer I would like you to think on," Vhanet glanced around in a show of nervousness, as if not wanting someone to hear what she was about to say, "I have heard much of the venom of your people, and would like very much to obtain an amount of it. I would be willing to trade, maybe for more meat or coin?"
Yanessavhanet
Alt of Alenias, Deceptive Seductress

Words: 83625
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 4:37 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 2nd, 2011, 1:35 pm

Nasilia's hunger finally subsided for now though she could have gone for more food. It was just enough to keep her wits about her and not look to Vhanet as one of her major food groups of the day. She leaned against the nearest wall to her and rubbed her temples some, removing whatever stress was keeping her from properly functioning then looked up at Vhanet and said, "Money's fine. Money can do anything. What's your offer?"

For the first time in her life she had something of value that another person desired. A Symenestra's poison was as common as one's blood in her home of Kalinor, but this was a different place with different people. Her kind were rare above ground, making her venom more of a commodity for the morbidly fascinated ones like Vhanet. Still she didn't trust her in the least bit, thinking she was just out for her own skin. She felt like the person who didn't care about anyone else and just wanted to get ahead of everyone even if she had to slit her mother's throat to do it. It was a rather harsh judgment, and she sort of hoped she had a softer side. She felt her thinking was negative simply for her lack of success finding her mother so she didn't try to scare Vhanet away for now.

Nasilia's fangs remained extended though they were slowly starting to recede back into her head. It felt good to have them out, but perhaps her conscience would guilt trip her into thinking showing her more aggressive side was inappropriate in social context let alone showed weakness in giving into such a primal urge.
Nasilia
Come home to me...

Words: 31120
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 6:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Symenestra

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 4th, 2011, 3:15 pm

For a moment Vhanet looked silently at the woman in honest surprise. She had not expected such an easy success, and it took her a few moments to recover, "Ah... I would give you five golden Miza for a vial of your venom. Would that be enough for you?"

Even as her mind was starting to go over the work it would take to create a usable poison from the Symenestra's venom Vhanet wanted more. It would be much easier to produce a good poison if she had frequent access to the venom... Perhaps there was a way to get closer to the woman without Vhanet's usual skills of seduction.

First things first though, she would need to finish this transaction. Abandoning it for her next step in the game would only look suspicious, and so she waited mostly patiently for the woman's response to her offer.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 4th, 2011, 8:47 pm

Nasilia might have been naive to the outside world, but in her mind, she didn't really see what the problem was. She was so used to being among her own people that the venom was as common as one's blood: you simply had it. She was surprised at how much she was going to give her for something that occurred naturally in her body, simply replying with a hint of disbelief, "Oh...well if you want okay."

She wasn't exactly sure how she was going to draw out the venom at this point, not familiar with the business of venom extraction. It was also safe to say that she wasn't familiar with business period. Being akin to a housewife, all she knew was the home. It was her seemingly sexist domain, a gender role that was unconsciously put upon her to master. She felt as though that was enough to make her happy though ever since her mother disappeared, she had an odd discontent with things.

It also crossed her mind to ask Vhanet, "I...do hope that you won't put it to bad use. I'd rather not have folks profiling me if say such a venom were to be used to kill someone. It's unsavory business to have outsiders questioning us, and it would probably lead to some detrimental consequences on my part so I am going on the assumption that you are competent in your craft to cover such tracks."
Nasilia
Come home to me...

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 6th, 2011, 1:26 pm

"Do not fear," Vhanet assured the woman with a pleasant smile, "Not an ill thought or action will come to you due to our arrangement. I am talented, and your venom will not make a deadly toxin. If anyone ever wanted to find the root of the toxin I doubt they could follow it to your kind, and definitely not yourself."

Carefully removing her backpack and placing it upon the ground Vhanet opened the large bag strapped to it and after a little while produced a pair of vials from within. Holding them up to the woman she spoke with another pleasant smile, "If you would hold them over your teeth, and then think of bitting into food and injecting your venom. I will retrieve your payment while you do that."

Returning her attention to her backpack Vhanet began to get out the promised payment, but she watched the Symenestra woman out of the corner of her eye. She was eager to see the venom released, and excited to move to the next step of the game.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 7th, 2011, 6:43 pm

Nasilia looked at the vials quizzically, and she couldn't help but feel she was some captured snake with its head being forced on the vials. She knew that wasn't the case, but she still felt odd about it. And what could this Vhanet woman do with her venom that would be so beneficial? She didn't think much on it and re-extended her fangs, taking the vials so she could fit the tips of them inside. She consciously filled the vials with venom, letting it reach the brim before pulling out and revealing one fact that Vhanet might not like.

"The venom I just gave is weaker than the venom that was in the meat because I was hungry, and I'm not as hungry now. However it should still be potent enough as is for whatever it is you plan on using it. I just now had my meal, so biologically speaking I may have still had some of my highly concentrated venom in my fangs."

She tried to sugarcoat it a little though indeed what she said was all true. It was a lot more than simple flattery and buttering up the situation. She just had to get her money and go though she didn't want to just leave her so awkwardly. There was just something about making such a strange deal on the streets and simply disappearing that just seemed out of place.
Nasilia
Come home to me...

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 8th, 2011, 3:54 pm

"I know," Vhanet replied to the woman's explanation with a smile, "I have learned a little of the venom of your people before. What you have given me will more than do for what I want."

Taking the vials from the woman and carefully sealing them Vhanet then produced 10 Gold Mizas, and then offered them to the woman, "Here you are, our agreed upon payment," once the woman had taken them Vhanet smiled, and then went about packing her poison crafting kit up, "Now that we have concluded work, I had another wonder," returning her kit to her pack she stood back up and smiled once more at the woman, "Would you like help in looking for your ssstep Mother?" she paused for a moment after letting her accent slip out, but continued shortly, "Another would help make looking go quicker, and more likely to end well, no?"

As she waited for the woman to respond Vhanet couldn't help but think how nice it would be to travel with a Symenestra, and have easy access to that venom. This one in particular looked to be very fun, as her quest and apparent violent tendencies would provide much entertainment.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 8th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Nasilia looked down at her payment, hesitantly taking the mizas in her large hand. She grasped the coins and stuffed them away, still irrationally paranoid about someone seeing them. Nasilia reassured herself, thinking there were no others of her kind here, and if there were, they wouldn't be nearby.

Upon hearing Vhanet's request, the corner of her mouth twitched, the mention of her mother plucking a heart string or two. In truth she just wanted to scream and tell the whole world to leave her alone, but that wouldn't solve anything. She sighed in submission, saying, "I appreciate your offer, but I wouldn't know what details I could give you that would help. All I know is that while I was looking for my mom, she had pricked her finger and left blood droplets behind as a trail. I had my father trace the blood since he is fluent in blood magic and can learn from a person's blood, and he told me it led to here. But in this ever shifting city, and the fact that my father does not believe I would be able to find her, I am at a loss. I'm not sure how you can help as the blood is probably washed away or gone by now, and if this was a rendezvous point, which I suspect it was, they would have left the city by now, unless you know some unsavory folk in town who could sneak into my home and take her right under our noses."

That was all the woman had to offer Vhanet in terms of figuring out where her mother was. She wished to have her peoples' deity helping her, but she knew the lives of mortals were hardly important in the grand scheme of things. She frowned and leaned against the wall behind her.
Nasilia
Come home to me...

Postby Yanessavhanet on April 8th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Vhanet listened and nodded silently as the woman explained all that she knew. It certainly wasn't a lot of information to go on, but honestly Vhanet wasn't that concerned. It was not the goal she sought, but the journey that would pay off the most.

As the woman frowned and leaned back against the wall Vhanet smiled and stepped forward, placing a hand on the woman's arm, "Do not frown ssso, young one," her voice was smooth and calm, holding none of the hesitation from before, and she was no longer hiding her hissing accent, "You will ruin your pretty looksss. The blood may have wassshed away, and the city changed, but the people are ssstill here, and they jussst need sssome encouragement to remember thingsss that happened not long ago."

Letting her hand slide from the woman's arm she took a small step back before speaking again, "Firssst though, if I will be helping you, I would at leassst like to have a name to call you sssince you already have mine."

Even having dropped much of her facade Vhanet still considered this part of the game, and she couldn't wait to see how this Symenestra reacted to her revelation.
Yanessavhanet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nasilia on April 11th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Nasilia didn't think anyone would have seen the kidnappers. If they were able sneak by the Symenestra, who in this town would notice them? She wasn't sure of the kidnappers' intentions, but whatever they were, they wanted her mother a little too much for comfort. What was so important about her that they came across her and took her?

She didn't say lost in thought for long as Vhanet seemed to pose a question and some intention to help. What an unusual accent...why was this one trying so hard to hide it. If she didn't know better, she would think she sounded like a serpent. Nasilia's lack of worldly knowledge came and bit her in the proverbial butt when she gave her a soft smile, then giggled some and asked, "Why are you stressing your s sounds all of a sudden dear? Also my name is Nasilia, I come from a place called Kalinor where almost all Symenestra are from. I suppose I'm giving up too soon. After all, this is the first city I've been to up on the surface."

Nasilia had never in her whole lifetime seen anyone who was not of her race. She was a sheltered soul who lived in the home as a housewife in training, and to come across someone like Vhanet was like coming across an alien. She didn't know who the Dhani were or what a Viper was for that matter. To her, she was a human with a silly way of speaking that she thought she may have been using to cheer her up some. Perhaps she was talking like that because she was a venom collector and was eccentric to the point of wanting to be like a snake.
Nasilia
Come home to me...

PreviousNext