Fight Crew (Berus) (Training thread)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Darren on March 11th, 2011, 1:29 am

Avanthal 22th Day of Spring, 511 AV

Just outside the from the Windward Boardwalk (Park) a group of hardy looking individuals gathered under the arch that lead to the WhiteVine hold. Darren stood out amongst the group and started talking, "alright for all the newcomers here are the rules.

Rule # 1 Talk about Fight Crew
Rule # 2 Talk about Fight Crew in a way that makes me look really good
Rule # 3 Stop when they give, scream like a little girl, or if I say so.
Rule # 4 If you look as weak as THAT GUY over there, you have to fight!"

Darren said pointing at someone that looked familiar from the crowd. He took a look at the guy and scoffed a little. "Barry! You fight this guy!"
Last edited by Darren on March 12th, 2011, 10:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 11th, 2011, 2:24 am

“Barry! You come fight this guy!”

Oh crap.

Berus sighed, accepting the fact that there would be certain pains he'd have to go through in order to become a great fighter. He just didn’t know that one of those pains was embarrassment in front of a crowd of his possible future comrades in arms. Oh well, there was nothing he could do but get up there, put on a smile, and see what he could do.

Berus stepped forward along with a rather weak looking fellow. He eyed the man, noting that, while the definitely man wasn't a muscly fellow, he still had a full five inches on the tiny bard and possessed hardy broad shoulders. Berus, deciding that they might as well be friendly, smiled disarmingly at the man and offered him a handshake. “Hello there, it seems we are to fight? My name is Berus, and I’m new to the fight crew. What’s your-“

The man roared, a noise akin to that of a growling bear, and barreled headlong into the bard before he could even finish his sentence. Berus yelped and as he was plowed over. Heavy boots smashed all the way up his small frame, knocking the wind out of him. The bard managed to angle his head out of the way, though, saving him from a broken nose as the man continued his charge.

The man whirled around and decided to continue his assault before the stunned bard could raise his defenses. The man brought his elbow jump and dropped down toward the bard's chest! Panicking, Berus rolled to the side, using his momentum to roll himself to his feet quickly. He steadied himself, trying to ignore the footprints all the way up his legs and chest and the pain that surged from them.

The man landed hard on the ground but recovered rapidly. He cast his vision about and spotted Berus quickly, his eyes bored into the Bard’s skull for a second before he charged, this time swinging his arms crazily. Berus yelped once again, but this time backpedaled away from the man as he charged. He forced himself to remain calm as he kept one step ahead of the insane fighter, though he noted that the man seemed to be frothing a bit in the mouth. What's wrong with this guy! was the only thought Berus could manage at the man's continued onslaught.

The man continued his rush, even as Berus started to make circles as he backpedaled. Berus breathed deeply to conserve his energy as he ran, hoping that he could tire the man out. Berus glanced to the side, to see that Darren was staring at him disapprovingly… Apparently the Fight Crew didn’t approve of retreating tactics when fighting…

Berus, on sudden impulse, stopped instantly and snapped one fist outward at the other man’s eyelevel. The man, unable to stop his charge, ran right into the fist with a loud thunk. The bard cringed a bit as his knuckles exploded in pain and almost shuddered as he thought he heard a crack coming from the other man’s skull.

The man dropped like a rock, leaving Berus standing looking totally confused. Still, he was a performer and there was a crowd, so he managed to flash a smile. "Was that what you were looking for there, Darren?"
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 11th, 2011, 9:28 pm

"Hmm? Somewhere along those lines, yes." he said taking a look at the frothing man. He'll need to learn how to be a bit calmer in these situations he thought, either that or more brave. He knew there were usually 2 types of fighters. There are the fighters who prefer being the courageous ones that attack with impunity and a focus on destructive force, while there were those who with a calm deposition attack with precision and don't waste any motions in their hits. A seeming unstoppable force of pure power and guts on one end or an impenetrable force of will and fortitude on the other.

"Alright, that's our first bout. I'll go ahead and join in on the next one."
He said as he strolled to the middle of the stage with a set glare. His challenger turned out to be a trader who dabbled a bit in boxing. "Anem Lluita" he said in his native tongue as he the two assumed their stances staring each other down for a bit. Darren, rather impatiently, took the first move, assuming a standing running stance he sprinted forward at an amazing speed towards the trader. At the last 2 seconds before colliding with the guy Darren jumped a short distance aiming a somewhat raised knee at the man's chin. The trader scoffed as he weaved to the right avoiding the whole movement and aimed two jabs at him.

Darren landed shortly, right before the two jabs were thrown, he acted on pure instinct pivoting his foot as he landed and followed up with an open palm thrust with his left. The jabs the foreigner threw hit home as the it collided with Darren's shoulders, while his hit fell a few inches short from the man's face. Startled by the sudden view of a giant palm in his face the trader jumped back a few paces before he tryed to get back into his rhythm as Darren merely glared at him thinking strategy over. Tck, this guy is an outfighter of the Boxing type huh? I'll need to get in or else this fight will take all dayhe thought, trying to corner the man. It was another 4 minutes of Darren callously walking towards the boxer and barely trapping the man as he got away and tickled Darren with his jabs.

The crowd started to get restless as they saw what was going on, they started to huddle a bit closer so that the real fight can get under way. To this Darren smiled a little as he raised his hands up and started moving towards the man. The man who started to get heated up, Darren's incessant subtle taunts and the crowd working caused him to finally to rush forward in angry frustration. Aiming a flurry of cutting blows he solely aimed at Darren's head in hopes of a flash finish. To answer to this Darren bobbed, weaved, and head slipped his every which way batting away the lower hits with his raised arms, Darren advanced through the flurry of hits as he made his way right to the boxer. Disheartened his attempt to finished didn't work at all he tried to jump back trying to get some distance, right into the crowd. The annoyed men pushed him back into the center of the circle right into Darren's fist. The crowd watched as the first of many huge hits was underway.

The trader unable to jump back due to the damage Darren's recent body blow did, stood his ground. The two finally had a heads up fight throwing wild punches and full swing blows. The crowd urged them on hollering for more and more hits. As the hits piled on suddenly Darren backed 2 steps before rushing back with what looked like a huge uppercut in the form of a fist. The man stood ready to face Darren he bobbed back to avoid th-No! it was a feint! Darren instead shifted to a vicious sweep kick that left the man airborne for a bit. Not wasting his momentum he turned and hit the guy in midair with another kick sending him flying back a short distance before hitting the snow. The boxer, reeling for a few seconds from the blow looked up to see Darren looming over him with his leg propped up high about to come smashing down his chest. Darren sent down a spine breaking kick crushing down as the guy sent out a girly scream, "hehe looks like it's my win" Darren said as he stopped the force in his kick and just left it on the guys chest.

At this the crowd cheered loudly at the display. "Heh that was a great fight, you knew your stuff" he said as he helped the guy up and out of the circle. The next fight was a four way bout a woodsman, a miner, a blacksmith and a barkeeper. As the fight went underway Darren took a look at Berus "Hey just stand there, contribute a little bit more Mr.Would-Be Bard" he said pointing to the man's lute. He himself was checking over the man he just fought massaging the areas where he affected the most. He breathed deeply as he concentrated on the man's injuries, "Barry, if you haven't noticed already the roster is still pretty small and mature." He said as he motioned to the rest of the people in the circle, "Don't get intimated by them instead focus on yor footing this time, don't stumble over yourself and never get in a situation where your on your back. Focus on what you want and stick to it, your form will eventually come out." he said finally finishing the man's massage. "You need one also?" he said looking at the smaller bard.
Last edited by Darren on March 12th, 2011, 3:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 11th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Berus waved away the massage. “Nah, I’ll be fine. It was just a little err.. trampling, nothing too serious. Though I will take up the offer to play some music for the fights! By the way, I must compliment your fighting once again, Mister Darren, you seem like a regular powerhouse out there.” Berus grinned widely, taking out his lyre. He selected a bit of a rowdy tune to fit the mood, one that was easy to play so that he could watch the match but still not miss a note. A couple of the people in the circle started to sing along to the song, causing Berus to smirk due to the rather lewd lyrics. I guess I chose the right song…

The song was fast paced, but the fighting was even more so. The blacksmith, muscles rippling, lifted the woodsman and tossed him at the blacksmith, who responded by simply bouncing him off of his hairy chest! The two huge men rushed at each other started exchanging blows as the woodsman, looking quite woozy, managed to stumble to his feet. He didn’t stay up for long though, as the Barkeep came in behind and bashed him in the head. The barkeep calmly proceeded to drag the man out of harm’s way as the two larger men rolled by, grappling and jockeying for position.

Berus cringed as the battle between the blacksmith and the miner dissolved into biting and scratching as they rolled. Finally, though the blacksmith smashed his head into the miner’s with a massive crunching sound. The crowd cheered, thinking that the powerful blacksmith had overcome the miner.

However, the blacksmith toppled to the ground and it was the miner who climbed to his feet, looking a little worse for ware but still wholly capable of dealing with the much smaller bartender. He cast his eyes about a bit as he searched for his opponent. Then his eyes rolled up in his head, as if he thought his opponent was coming from above…

The miner toppled, the bartender just standing behind the falling body. He crunched his knuckles nonchalantly as the crowd erupted in cheers. Berus turned to Darren, nudging him. “That Bartender is quite the sneaky brawler, isn’t he?” Berus's eyes flashed blue, confident that he'd learned a thing or two from the all out brawl.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 12th, 2011, 3:05 am

"Hmph? Oh him? Yea. He is a very calm fighter. He tends to read people rather well in combat and out of" he said waving at the bartender. There are different types of fighters and most of the senior members have one thing in common, a defined fighting sytle." he went on to explain. "The blacksmith is focused more on strength then anything since he focuses on finishing his work quickly, and thus this shows with his explosive power in fights such as this. The miner is focused on toughness, being forced to work in the dark caves with nothing but rocks all day. The lumberjack is actually a great brawler but they don't tend to match up well with pure strength types as easily" he noted as he remembered the lumberjack defeated by the blacksmith and the bartender early on. "Hmph, I would have think that he would have lasted longer, brawlers tend to be great in all out bouts."

"It's because I was there is all" the said as bartender appeared with some drinks offering them to Darren and Berus. "Hmph, and you...I just am not 100% sure" Darren said as he took the drink, "probably had a former life of striking at the most opportune of times." he muttered as he drank the rest of the mug down before giving it back to him. "If your instigating I'm a rogue of sorts...then you are correct" he smiled as he took the cup back and sat with them, "Although rogues aren't too good in one on one bouts" he explained as he looked intently on Berus. "Hehe, alright then that settles it Barry, your up against this guy." Darren smiled as the fight that raged behind them finally came to an end. Hmm...more customers he thought as the injured started towards Darren. "Good luck kid..." he said as the bartender took center ring, "just remember don't trip up and try to find your style. You can't mess around when it comes to that guy."
Last edited by Darren on March 13th, 2011, 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 12th, 2011, 5:12 am

Berus took his place directly in front of the Bartender, outwardly calm but inwardly a whirlwind of crashing thoughts. Oh crap. I’m about to get beat up. The bartender may have used sneaky moves in his last fight, but he has to be a great brawler after all the fights he had to break up over the years. I’m going to have to be very careful… and not mess up. Still managed to smile disarmingly at the Bartender, his typical greeting, even as his eyes shifted from green to a fierce blue. The bartender responded by cracking the knuckles of his admittedly strong hands. The bartender only had three inches on Berus, not an unreasonable advantage, but he was more broad shouldered and bore many battlescars, including a large bite-mark on one ear.

The two stood staring at each other for a few minutes, the bartender nonchalantly staring at the bard with his arms crossed and the bard simply smiling back. “Well, if you won’t come to me, I’ll come to you,” the bartender declared. He stalked forward, arms at his sides and showing no open threat. Berus was alert, however, and noticed that the bartender’s right arm twitched expectantly, as if it was about to perform a powerful punch…

Berus struggled to remain where he was, acting as if he sensed no threat. Then, just as the bartender threw his suckerpunch, Berus ducked underneath the blow. The bartender’s eyes widened in surprise for a split second as his blow swished through Berus’s black hair but then narrowed as he brought his knee up to smash into the foolish bard’s chin.

“Ha! Think I ain’t got reflexes?” the bartender taunted as the blow connected with a crack, Berus falling backward. The bard fell hard back into the snow, but not before his foot snapped up into the groin of the bartender. The bartender fell backward into the snow himself, his taunt becoming a groan of pain.

The bard leapt to his feet, massaging his jaw. “Beat dirty fighting with dirty fighting?” Berus asked, as he walked over to where the bartender was rolling around on the ground in pain. The bartender, who had seemed so dangerous and in control a minute ago, a powerful veteran of many brawls who could take more damage than the average man, was pathetically rolling around and groaning.

Something’s not right here…

Berus jumped backward just as the thought crossed his mind. Even as he did so, the bartender swung his leg out in an attempt to trip up the bard, his injury instantly becoming a thing of the past. His leg only clipped Berus as he retreated, causing the bard to stumble but keep his footing. The bartender stood up, brushing off his shoulders with his left hand. “Very surprising there.. err.. I think your name was Barry?”

Berus shook his head. “It’s Berus.”

“Oh, Berus then. I didn’t expect that shot, congrats on landing it.” The bartender laughed. “I guess even a newbie has his moments, eh? Well, you won’t land another one, that I promise you!” The bartender advanced and Berus, not willing to get in range of the man’s arms without knowing what he was going to do, retreated step-for-step.

The bartender stopped his advance and grinned at the bard. Berus grinned back, unsure of what the bartender’s next move would be. His legs tensed to leap away from a charge. Then, the bartender’s right hand launched forward throwing something at Berus’s face!

It hit before the bard had a chance to react and the he fell back, stunned. Berus choked for just a moment until he realized what it was; the bartender had thrown a snowball at him!

Just as he reached that realization, the bartender’s fist came flying at his nose. Berus dodged to the right to avoid the blow, but it clipped him on the left shoulder and caused him to almost fall sideways into the snow. The bartender followed his attack with a swift uppercut, but Berus allowed himself to fall down to the right and into a roll, safely out of the bartender’s reach. The bartender came on, though, pressing his advantage. His fists made quick jabs at the bard as he continued to roll right away from the onslaught.

The bartender, tired of the game, suddenly leapt forward to deliver a powerful right punch at the retreating bard, seizing an opportunity when the bard slowed. However, his attack fell harmlessly short because the bard suddenly ceased his rolling, stopped in a crouching position, and launched his own snowball right into the eyes of the bartender.

The bartender overbalanced and fell forward because of the powerful swing, landing hard in the snow. Berus, seizing the opportunity, jumped on top of the bartender’s back. He held his fists ready to deliver a knockout blow to the back of the man’s head. “Yield!” he demanded in a shaky voice. Though he felt triumphant, the bard had the nagging feeling that he had won by the skin of his teeth.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 12th, 2011, 5:52 am

Darren turned over to see Berus rolling around the circle before scoffing a bit. "Hehe it seems your friend there really likes to make a show doesn't he?" the man he was massaging said. "It seems so" Darren replied as he turned back to the man who was getting up. "Great job man I feel better" already he said as a loud cheer echo'd from the crowd. He turned to see Berus over the bartender his hand raised as the bartender shouted his surrender. "Heh, atta boy" he muttered as he watched the crowd get riled up by his performance. He can be quite the entertainer it seems he thought as he checked his jar for tips. A few shiny Mizas was in the container, he grinned at his latest source of income. "What do ya know massages eh?" he thought, "hehe dad's lessons paid off after all."

He shifted his attention back to the circle and started shouting in a low gruff voice that didn't sound anything like his. "Show his highness the reward one gets for winning two fights in a row!" He guffawed from the back. The crowd hollered and cheered as some of the people who came to just watch showered the fighting ring with coin. This causing a surge in fighters that ran into the center and started a multitude of one on one fights. All fighting it out for a chance of glory and coin.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 12th, 2011, 6:08 am

Berus scrambled out of the fighting after being pulled into it several times by overly excited brawlers who didn’t realize that he wasn’t trying to grab up all the money lying around. He barely made it out, huffing and puffing and bearing more bruises from the crawl than he had obtained in both of his fights! However, he managed to get to his feet with some dignity and joined Darren in observing the all out fight.

Breathing hard, Berus managed to get a few words out. “So.. what is the purpose of this?” He smiled weakly, suspecting that it was just for Darren’s own amusement. Whatever the case, it had gifted him with some valuable combat experiences that he wouldn’t soon forget. Unfortunately though, it had gifted him with worthless bruises as well.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 12th, 2011, 7:59 am

"You know this area used to be a trading post" he said as he got up, "now it's a place where a crew of individuals just want to fight. We fight for different reasons, greed, glory, a chance to get better,even just to blow off some steam." He finished with the man he was massaging and was tipped some coin and what looked to be a whetstone and a breathing bladder"Eww…" he muttered softly as he looked at it. "Oh?" He said seeing that Berus didn't pick up any of the coins that were thrown in the middle. "here you don't have to be so modest, you can have this" he said putting the breathing bladder into Berus's pocket.

He turned to the chaos that ensued and shook his head. "Alrighty little Barry let's see if you can survive this chaos" he said as he gripped Berus's collar. His flux coursing through his body helping him lift him the smaller bard. "Lesse if you can manage to make it back to me in one piece. Clear out anyone who gets in your way, I need a reason for them to tip me after all of this is over you know." And with grin and a somewhat crazed look he turned and tossed Barry across the room looking to have him in a soft patch of snow. He turned to the crowd of people near him. "Alright! Who wants a shot at your fighting god?!?!?!"

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 12th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Berus landed on his hands and knees, casting a weary glare at Darren for being tossed right back in the fighting. The brawl had begun in earnest, a massive free-for-all as everyone tried to take each other out to prove that they were the best. Temporary alliances were made to topple the greater warriors but they dissolved as soon as their causes did as the brawlers brutally back-stabbed their way to victory.

And here was Berus, now in the middle of it all. A couple lf muscle-bound warriors ran at him, swinging their firsts and puffing out their hairy chests. He dodged out of the way, allowing the two to ram into each other and start beating each other up. They quickly forgot the bard in their struggle. Berus scrambled to his feet and tried to pick a way through the fighting that would cause him the least grief. Unfortunately, there were no safe paths in the mass of tumbling and grappling bodies.

Berus shook his head and ran forward, leaping over a couple of men wrestling on the ground. A man rose before him, but Berus ducked underneath his punch and rolled forward, away from harm. Another man, this one much larger than the last, glared at Berus and punched his open palm threateningly. The man’s bald head and white goatee may have made him seem old and frail, but his massive muscles and broad shoulders spoke otherwise.

Berus rushed forward, thinking he could outrun his opponent and get by. The man tensed as Berus drew near, but the bard cleverly fell into a sliding kick meant to take out the man’s legs and send him tumbling to the ground so that the bard could leap back up and continue on his way.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work that way.

The bard’s feet hit the man’s and he just stopped, biting his tongue hard at the unexpected impact. The bard managed to get two elbows underneath him as he prepared to scramble out of the way. The man grinned, revealing several missing teeth, and elbow dropped the bard hard right in the stomach before he could get away.

Everything went black…
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next