Fight Crew (Berus) (Training thread)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Darren on March 12th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Darren turned to see Berus get knocked out during his scramble out of the fray. Eheheh...I think I might have overdone it he thought as he started to shout over the crowd. "Alright alright enough! Our newest member just had enough and got knocked out, you know what we have to do to him..." he said as a excited murmur went through the crowd, "We bury that weakling alive!" the crowd yelled as some of the members picked him up and went into the darker parts of the woods. There they started digging a ditch some of them suddenly getting knocked into the hole, when they turned a look of death suddenly appeared on their face as the hole got bigger and bigger.

As they finished Darren then took the breathing bladder and smacked Berus in the face a few times so that he would come to before he went back a bit to work with the other Fight Crew members. Three of the more threatening looking crew members started muttering amongst themselves near Berus as Darren and some of the others were clearing the area. Then they started talking right as Berus was waking up.

"Man I dunno about this. Are we really just gonna not talk about it?"
"You saw what happened after this fool won and all that money was thrown in. A mass riot, some of the people got really hurt, this is gonna cause problems"
"Yea we can't have the new people squeal it's us or them. "

They then turned to where Berus was with a threatening look on their faces...

And to make things worse Darren suddenly appeared behind Berus with a shovel over his shoulder and a candle, staring at Berus with the same ill eyes. "Look into my eyes...what do you see in me?"

Darren didn't give him a chance to answer as the members threw Berus into the hole. Darren started shoveling the hole back REALLY SLOWLY as the members that were in the pit with Berus struggled to get out themselves pushing Berus almost to the bottom of the pile.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 12th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Berus woke up, looked around… and was promptly hit in the face with a bunch of dirt! He sputtered a minute, looking around at the scene. He was in a gigantic dirt pit with all of the other newer members of the fight crew, with the older members standing on the rim! Darren himself was shoveling dirt into the pit, looking like some insane cult leader! Even as he saw this, he was elbowed in the face and shoved to the bottom of the pile of brawlers who were trying to climb up out of the pit. They weren’t getting far, as the men lining the rim delivered painful punches to those who managed to force themselves to the top.

This is just… surreal… Berus thought as he sunk toward the bottom. His wool cloak was nowhere to be found and neither was his backpack nor his lyre. What the heck is happening! Berus thought, as he saw one of the veterans brutally push a man back into the pit. He wondered who this Darren guy really was, if he went around randomly burying whole groups of men in the middle of the night.

Berus’s eyes flashed blue as he started to crawl to the top of the pile. He uncharacteristically elbowed people out of the way as fear started pumping though his veins and gave him new strength. He reached to top of the pile but had to duck as a hairy fist came flying his way. He grabbed the arm of the veteran fight crew member as it whizzed by, pulling him into the pit. The man tumbled by Berus with a yelp as the bard leapt on top of him and scrambled to reach the top of the pit.

Another man appeared in the bard's way and, grinning evilly, he roughly shoved him back down. Berus grabbed his wrists as he fell, causing the much larger man to fall with him and land painfully hard on the slight bard. For a few seconds, the only thing that he could see, smell, and taste was... beard.

However, the more agile Berus managed to slide on top of the stocky veteran, despite the fact the man was attempting to bite off his ear! The edge of the pit was clear, then, so Berus leapt for freedom…
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 13th, 2011, 12:32 am

Oh... nice Darren thought as he saw Berus leap out of the pit. Looks like he-ehhh nvm he thought as he watched him get forced back into the pit by the bearded man, oh wait.... He watched qw Berus somehow grabbed the man's wrists while falling and jumped to outside of the pit. However by then Darren was already in position his shovel looking ready to smack Berus back into the pit with a home run swing using the shovel, a crazed maniacal smile on his face. His arms swung out! ...and grabbed Berus in midair as he landed. He turned to the veterans while Berus was landing in an awkward position. "Alright, Alright enough!" he laughed as he looked at Berus, "We have ourselves the Rookie of the Week!" he yelled out as the veterans started helping out the newer members out of the pit. Some of the newer members were still a bit shaken up by the event, others furious, some speechless as the veterans either taunted them a bit. "Hehe, alright that enough fun for today folks let's pack up and head home" he said gathering his belongings and heading home with a still very surprised and confused Berus.

After awhile Darren decided to break the awkward silence during the walk. "...So got any questions you wanna ask me?" he grinned as they were making their way to WhiteVine Hold.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 13th, 2011, 2:04 am

Berus looked around a second, attempted a weak grin, and shrugged his shoulders. He cast his eyes to the ground, away from Darren. This is just too much for one night… I signed up to train beside a madman… Berus thought. He glanced warily at Darren, wondering just what that man had up his sleeves.

Finally, he managed to voice a question, "What exactly was the purpose of the giant grave? I suppose it must have just been a bit of fun for you..."
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 13th, 2011, 2:35 am

Darren smiled a bit darkly at Berus's question "Because it's so we can weed out the weaker people from the bunch. Hehe...your group was lucky tonight. We normally leave two or three of the underlings in the ditch" he joked...or was he? "Nah, we need to teach the newbies not to rush in like before. Fight Crew can't be as chaotic as before or else we'll get shut down." He explained to Berus. "Hehe anyways here's your blood money of the night" he smiled as he gave Berus the same breathing bladder he slapped him with not too long ago. Inside was a good amount of prize money from his bouts.

"Yessiree... a decent amount that Rookie of the Week prize gets. We usually get more people to come every time that day."
He said sighed, possibly remembering his first rookie night. "Hehe lookit at you...", aiming some palm hits at him, "when I first met you were having a hard time with a couple of drunks in the bar and now you somehow managed to come out on top in the pit of newbies" he said putting Berus in a playful headlock. They continued the walk until they reached a fork in the road. "Alrighty, good night" he said to Berus shifting his backpack around. "Next time you should bring a money sack or jar." He said showing off an even larger sack of money from the tips and being the fight's host of the night. He then turned and went his way to Whitevine hold playfully tossing his whetstone up and down while he walked.
Last edited by Darren on March 13th, 2011, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 13th, 2011, 2:39 am

Berus stood stunned for a moment, the night and his injuries crashing down on him. He looked at his little bag of cash for a moment, then back at the retreating figure. Then he scooped up some snow, formed a deadly ball, and chucked it with deadly precision at the back of Darren's head!

Grinning boyishly, Berus ran off to the Snowsong Hold.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cheshire on March 15th, 2011, 3:37 am

Character: Darren
Experience: Leadership +1, Unarmed Combat +1, Teaching +1, Flux +1
Lore: Setting Up Rules, Exciting the Crowd, Understanding Fighting Styles of Others
Ledger: +3 Copper Mizas (Fight Money)

Character: Berus
Experience: Unarmed Combat +2, Instrument (Lyre) +1, Interogation +1, Throwing +1
Lore: Friendly Fighter, Defensive Maneuvers (Basic), Getting Knocked Out, Escaping Dangerous Situations
Ledger: +3 Copper Mizas (Fight Money)
Extra Notes: Berus will have bruises and cuts for the next seven days. He will have a slight headache for about a day or so due to hitting his head.

Additional Note: Nice thread guys. It was a little sad to see Berus beaten up and thrown into a pit. He took it with great stride though! PM me with any concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous