Solo A Wander a Ways

Crylon goes on a supply run in the Outpost...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

A Wander a Ways

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on May 31st, 2021, 11:07 pm

20 Spring 521

Moving once more among the outpost, Crylon helped pull a cart full of goods. Lynneah walked alongside, mentally working down a list of things the Meraki needed both in the Demesne and in the Riad. The master of goods, or so Crylon understood her to be, she was doing her namesake duty. Replenishing the goods and things they needed.

Crylon for his part had simply been walking about trying to find something to work on, finding himself for a day without anything needing broken, repaired, replaced, built, or designed. And so he had after asking around planned to take a day of rest.

He did not make it far though before Lynneah heard he had been asking if anyone needed aid, and the woman quickly noted she could use some help on a supply run. This turned out to be acting as more or less a mule to pull the cart full of goods, and helping load purchases onto it.

He was often quite amazed seeing her work, knowing the woman was getting better deals than he would in her place. But then, he made things, he did not specialize in buying and keeping them.

"Crylon, if you could get two boxes of that, we are nearly done. Just need... I believe some herbs, and we should be good."

The Isur nodded, turning and grabbing up the boxes one by one, quickly loading them onto the cart. Then he was back to the front and pulling again. This was much easier than carrying it all by hand, but still was a good bit of work to heft the wagon along. He did his best to push mainly with his legs rather than straining his neck or shoulders, trying to shift his weight properly and use those stronger muscles rather than straining others.

After a bit the duo made it to the next stand where they needed to buy something, this one a herbalists stand full of various plants he did not know. These apparently were ones not easily accessed, and so not grown in the Meraki's gardens. He was pondering what he should do with the rest of his day when he noticed Lynneah arguing with someone.

"No, we don't need it. Thats not what I'm in need of. We have a healer."

"Yes, but this here... Its... Well its on sale! I know, how about a free sample?"

Frowning Crylon nosed his way into the conversation, sidling over.

“Whats going on? Is she trying to... Sell you something... For free?”

Lynneah eyeing Crylon smiled suddenly, apparently coming to a conclusion.

"Ah yes, him. Crylon my good Isur, why don't you offer to test out this... Womans goods. If she wants to give a sample, take some, try it out, and if it goes well then perhaps we can talk about getting more. Eh?"

Crylon tried to follow the womans words, but did not quite understand the train of thought. Though he did notice the somewhat double speak nature. Let Crylon test it. And if he liked it... Then perhaps, maybe, they could talk. Not even confirming they would do so if Crylon liked it. A interesting tactic he noticed in a negotiation, to not outright say no but leave it open to further discussion.

The stand owner nodded and grinned, pressing a can of something into his hand. It did not seem permanently sealed, but had an odd lid that was removable and resealable.

“What? What is this?”

And with that the woman launched into her sales pitch, explaining it to Crylon.

"Yes, yes, its the handiest thing, just got a shipment in. Blood powder. Don't know when or if I'll get more. Honestly the source was a bit mysterious, wouldn't have normally taken it... Might have been stolen... But I saw its use with my own eyes and knew I needed to buy the entire lot!"

Crylon squinted one eye at the woman, wondering on why she had just admitted the goods were stolen. But then he recalled where they were, and understood. Stolen was not a problem once it was legally owned and being sold by a new party.

WC: 692
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

A Wander a Ways

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on May 31st, 2021, 11:35 pm

Crylon frowned again, before finally explaining himself further.

“Yes... But what does it do?”

The woman just smiled all the more, eying more so the woman with Crylon than the Isur himself. Clearly she understood who the buyer was, but was willing to go in any direction to get there.

"Yes well as I said, its quite amazing. Its a powder you see, a powder for blood. If you have a wound, or someone else does, a cut, a pinch of this will instantly stop the bleeding! Its a rare mixture of herbs and magic is my understanding. And a bit of ground yukman manhood... But yes, any wound no matter how deep. If its a slash, a gash, a cut, a laceration. Just put a bit of this powder on it, and done. No more bleeding. Now mind you it doesn't heal the wound, but stopping the blood loss, why that's half the battle right there!"

Seeing Crylon's confusion, and his partners disinterest, the woman went on.

"I'd say that sample I gave you, the single can, has about... Twenty doses. Although mind you if the wound is particularly deep or life threatening, you might need a second dose. But still, something that can stop you from bleeding out after nearly being cut in half, I'd say that's a mighty find eh?"

At that point seeming to have heard enough Lynneah smiled and pulled Crylon along. Crylon quickly inserted the can into the top of his somewhat magical back pack, before returning to the wagon.

Once the two were out of earshot she turned to Crylon and grinned.

"Well, thats over. She was really trying to push those wares. I figured the best way out was the old free sample and come back for more method. Thanks for the help. If you do want to feel free to try it out. Though perhaps only in an emergency where it won't do any harm. If you'd like perhaps we could have someone look it over first... But I don't think she'd get away with openly selling poison or something as a healing agent."

Crylon nodded, glad to see that they were heading back to the outpost entrance.

Each step Crylon felt his muscles strain, feeling the shifting weight as he moved back and forth and pushed along one leg after the other... By the time they neared their destination he was sweating from the heat and his exertions, and was feeling the strain in his legs.

"Why don't you go and cool off after you help me get this inside. I should be able to get it out of the dovecot on the other side, and find someone to help my sort through it all."

With that Crylon nodded, helping to push and work to get it back inside, before stepping back and waving at Lynneah as she closed the door. A few moments later the dovecote reopened, this time with a completely different party exiting. Lynneah would then be back at the Demesne, shouting for some nearby to help her move the cart.

With a sigh Crylon moved off to the nearby fountain, ready to splash some water on himself.

WC: 531
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

A Wander a Ways

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on June 1st, 2021, 12:04 am

Heading off from the dovecote, Crylon found one of the nearby large fountains.

With the oppressive heat and his exertions he was feeling it quite well even in his thick Isur bones, and the Isur was left feeling wet and sticky.

There was also a board with posting there, a board Crylon felt he had seen before but had forgotten about until he saw it.

Inside the fountain the water was clean and pure, flowing outward. Carefully taking up a sip with two hands Crylon took in a small drought, watching as the liquid dribbled back out between his fingers. Taking another sip Crylon felt a bit better, before taking a step back and wiping the remaining cool and clean water on the back of his neck and on his brow.

Once he was done here he would need a good bath and a change of clothes till these could be cleaned, as they were soaked in sweat.

"Excuse me sir, did you drop this?"

Crylon turned, noticing a dark skinned human nearby holding out a small cloth. As he was dabbing himself from the fountain it made sense, but he had not noticed the cloth before.

“No, not mine. Not seen afore.”

The man smiled, still offering the cloth, looking around and not seeing anyone.

"Well why don't you keep it. I doubt anyone will miss it, and its about impossible to return it at this point. No name or letters on it, so don't even have some initialing to use. I don't see anyone around looking for it, so if they dropped it their long gone. If its unmarked its probably one of many. And besides, you look like you could use a good kerchief to wipe your brow."

Crylon smiled, feeling a calm air about the man that made him smile. Accepting the offered cloth Crylon did indeed wipe his brow, feeling an odd tingle as he did. Was that... Something?

He was unsure but he knew he had felt something as he touched the cloth to his forehead, but only for a moment. Perhaps some instinctive touch, or perhaps even the gentle prick of magic? He would need to look at this cloth more closely later, but he felt from his past experience things might be more than they appeared.

“Thank you. I am Crylon. Crylon Stonecraft. Is seem.... Often things lost, end up where should be. I wonder if someone helps those lost things, end up where should be. Maybe... Some lesser known divine, working quietly.”

"That's an interesting notion. I'm not sure about that, haven't considered it before. But I suppose it could be true. Odder things have been known to be true. I'm Kuric by the way."

Liking the reserved and calm man, Crylon had felt the need to give two names rather than the single he usually gave to humans.

“I am an maker. Is what I do. Metal. Wood. Also design things. Buildings. The like. What is you do?”

Gesturing around the man motioned at various fountains, as if this was explanation enough.

"I am one of the people who helps maintain the fountains. I help keep the water flowing so to speak."

Crylon considered this, realizing he did not know much about the fountains or how the water worked.

“Mmmm... What does that... Entail? Honest, I not sure how works. Seem... Dry place. Yet lots of water, up, fountains. Where come from? How work? Interest, to know. If could tell.”

The man smiled again, looking at the fountain as he spoke.

"Underground, believe it or not. Deep underground. There is a powerful artesian well from deep underground, which comes up and feeds all of the water systems throughout the outpost. You said you work with metal? Do you know pipes? Well there are pipes underneath here, behind this fountain, and all over the outpost. That outflow is water powers the water pouring out that you see everywhere. Its the quiet workings that make this place... Well work."

Understanding the scope of what the man was saying, he had even more newfound respect for the man who helped such a thing work. The scale involved in feeding the outlets of every found, pump, and bit of water throughout the city... Outpost... It was massive. And if true, which he could not imagine why it would not, meant there was quite a bit of complexity behind this outer facade.

“Is understand. Is amazing. Thank you, for work you help do. I need clean now, sweat from day. But talk more other time?”

The man responding with a nod Crylon smiled and waved before heading off, making sure to recall the mans name and talk to him more at a later date.

WC: 789
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)