(Surya Plaza) Local Flavor (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Jiina on March 17th, 2011, 6:43 am

Jiina smiled bitterly at the foreigner. He knew his place. The drunkard didn't, which was ironic, for he was Lhavitian. She watched the Drykas bow deeply for a few seconds, calling her miss and apologising. She almost debated demanding the drunk one bow too, and if he did not, she would have forced him with her flux-strengthened body. The idea gained weight in her mind, toyed with her decisions - but the man was drunk, and he would not remember the lesson. He was a damned fool, and she doubted teaching him otherwise would be remembered. Instead, she satisfied herself with the Drykas being properly deferential.

Her anger reached boiling point when the drunkard turned out to be no drunkard at all. The man had petching played her! He had pretended to be drunk, insulted her while acting, and through acting insulted her on top of that. He came near her, attempting to fix up her shirt and flatter her at the same time. An aisha, who was a low human being beside that, trying to seduce Jiina Xi! Utterly ridiculous. She hissed at him as he came near, glaring, her eyes slit. She was ridiculously angry. She would not stand for someone so low in status and in humanity to play the great Jiina. "You are lucky, fool, that my eyes do not spit fire, for these fine eyes would be your undoing if that were so." She raised a hand to slap him hard against the face - then remembered her location. It would not do to fight in the Surya Plaza. One could never be quite sure when they were watching. She reached out and grabbed the man's collar, pulling him in. "I am Jiina Xi," she whispered quickly, harshly. "Daughter of Taeto Xi. Good friends with Weisur Twilight himself." She grinned, rattling off those names would intimidate him - and if they did not, he knew nothing about Lhavit. "If it were not for our present location, Aisha, I would make it so that you could not walk for the next eight seasons!"

Releasing him, she turned back to the Drykas, incredulously, as he agreed to go around the city with him. There was no way she would be going on a mindless tour to this foolish man's favourite pigsties, and on a date to the Fleeting Comet afterwards! Was he so foolish that he did not see how low this man was? She crossed her arms, staring intently at the man, ignoring the non-drunkard's offer of dinner. "You would go with this man? Drykas, you are new and seem ignorant of our ways. I will offer you a piece of advice - do not get caught up with the wrong crowd. And he, Fox Man, is part of that crowd."
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Words: 53253
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 11:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Utsu on March 18th, 2011, 3:54 am

"You know perhaps I will. I've only been here a few days. Maybe this will help me find my way around."

"Lovely then," James smiled as he started explaining all the hot spots around the city. "there's the Mhakula Tea House, the there's a whole section for the Shinya...let's not go there, the market has a plethora of everything imaginable, our grand library, the observatory, the royal families and their towers where you can learn magics" He briefly said skimming through all the areas, "Oh and if you need a job and housing I know where you can get one...for a finders fee of course" he grinned happy to make a new acquaintance.

However as he finished he looked to see Jiina frothing in pure rage. Hmm...I think she isn't too happy with me he thought warily as she started talking to him in a scathingly angry voice. As he pulled James in got a bit worried, and after he heard who her connections were and her condescending grin at him James frowned a bit, looking worried. He was greatly concerned about Weisur Twilight and his health of course, but most of all that he wasn't able to connect with this Jiina girl at all. His concerns were a bit flawed admittedly but he still had to go all out to fix this situation, turning hate into love and compassion is easy enough, it just needs time. He preferred to make a big introduction so it was easier for people to be invovled with him but this time it seemed to have backfired on him. "Hmm it seems you and I are on different pages here..." He said slowly looking at her straight in the eye, "I apologize for any harm done to you. I'm was just being myself is all." He was still frowning sadly as he turned to Soren with an apologenic face that said 'help me out here!'

As he looked back at her his stomach churned as he spoke the next part "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you? Anything at all? I'm free on the 16th of this month if your interested. I would actually like us to leave together as a group rather then hate each other."
Utsu
Hopeless Romantic

Words: 15380
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 18th, 2011, 7:33 am

"You would go with this man? Drykas, you are new and seem ignorant of our ways. I will offer you a piece of advice -do not get caught up with the wrong crowd. And he, Foxman, is part of that crowd." Soren felt as if her gaze could cut right through him. Interesting advice coming from the greater of two evils. Compared to her Utsu was a kitten. Utsu suddenly broke in explaining all of the important places in Lhavit, some Soren had heard of, but most of them were unknowns.

As he finished James turned to the girl who was quite obviously seething with rage. She yanked him foward and whispered rapidly in his ear, ending with a dangerous smile. Utsu, visably shaken, looked her in the eye and spoke, a serious tone in his voice. "It seems you and I are on different pages here...I apologize for any harm done to you. I'm just being myself is all." With a frown he turned to Soren, a pleading look in his eyes. Soren felt rather than saw Mika climb into his pack. The warm breathin in his ear confirmed it. He listened as Utsu offered up a day to do whatever she needed to make up for his disrespect. What have I got myself into.

"Miss, with all due respect, perhaps you can go easy on the guy, just this once. I'm sure if he had known who you were at the start he wouldn't have pulled that disrespectful stunt." Soren steped closer, speaking lower so the supposed hunsman couldn't hear. "And maybe, if you join us this lout will take us to a place with less stringent law enforcement....a place you could teach him some real...respect." A sly smile flitted across his face. He stepped back. "Utsu, if you had known this woman was of twilight heritage would you have acted the same?" Soren knew the only chance the man had was to admit he was completely wrong from the start. May the gods have mercy on his soul.
Last edited by Soren Thundersong on March 20th, 2011, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soren Thundersong
Nvr respected, Always forgotten

Words: 26915
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Jiina on March 20th, 2011, 12:22 pm

OOCHi guys, I'm going to leave the thread this post. I just can't see Jiina coming around Lhavit with you all, it's not very likely. I don't want to bring you all down, so, Jiina shall be storming off home. Sorry, and thank you for a fun thread!!

She glared at this drunkard, now not so drunk. He had the audacity, it seemed to insult her and then ask for a date! Did the man not learn? How dare he even bother? How could he not see that Jiina was so far above him, destined for great purposes, that there was no way she could interact, either publicly or romantically, with an aisha? She was a daughter of the Twilight House, and he - he was nothing. She did not have any qualms at telling him so.

"You, sir, are a lying wretch. You do not deserve my attentions. I am destined for great things, and any association with you, would sully my body until not even washing ten times a day could clean me of your filth!" So angry was she, that as she hissed at him, she could not refrain but spit at his feet, hacking up spit and throwing it woards him. That was all he was worth - that was all he got from the great Jiina Xi. Shinya, indeed!

Jiina automatically stepped back when the Drykas came closer. He was a foreigner, and he had done nothing to insult Jiina, yet - aside from welcome the company of such a wretched man. She would not sit here and listen to his pleas. Everything he asked of her he did not deserve. He was a newcomer to the city, that was true - but Jiina was only showing him how things worked around here. Why he would choose to come to a city as foolish and oppressive as Lhavit, she was not sure - but one day, by her hand, this once great city would be free. She glared at the men, both Drykas and Lhavitian, and stepped away.

"You are both fools. Once you have lost the respect of a Twilight daughter, you may never regain it. It matters not what he knew at the beginning and what he knows now. He is rude and ignorant, and you will become the same if you stay with him, Drykas." She sighed heavily, shaking her head, as if despairing at the pair. "I wash my hands of you. You have no purpose in this life, nor will you gain one if you continue acting the same way." Glaring at the two one last time, she turned and walked away without another word. It was time to go back to the Tower. She had not accomplished as much as she would have liked - Taeto would not be pleased - but she could not be with these fools another minute. Lhavit was in a worse state than it seemed.
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Words: 53253
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 11:13 am
Character sheet

Postby Utsu on March 21st, 2011, 7:17 pm

Utsu grimaced as Jiina stormed off in her rage. "Good riddance" he muttered under his breathe as he turned to Soren with an apologetic smirk. "Yea sorry about that but as you can see. Even though there seem to be a relative peace in this city there are an abundance social tensions between us all, especially with the Shinya and the higher class families he explained when Jiina was far enough away. Anyways instead about worry worrying about who's who and what class your in let's just go around Lhavit without any of those annoying labels. He smiled and pointed Soren to a few side streets he thought he might like. "Alright let's go you can tell me all about yourself while we go. Come Lin!"
Utsu
Hopeless Romantic

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 22nd, 2011, 6:28 am

Soren watched as the woman stormed, angrier that anyone he had ever seen. Utsu threw him an apologetic look and offered to start his tour, also asking Soren about himself.

"Well where do you want me to start. My story is a bit different than you'd expect." The large hunting dog, Lin he thought the huntsman had called him strode between tyem as they began walking. "I suppose my biggest difference is that I lived with the Akalak for 8 years of my life. My only rule is for each thing i tell you, you have to tell me something about me." Soren being a very opn and fairly emotional man, would be willing to tell the man anything he asked.

Mika, maybe sensing the danger was gone jumped from his pack to pad along side him, but far away from the dog. Utsu seemed a friendly and honest man, despite what the woman had said.
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

Postby Utsu on March 29th, 2011, 4:12 am

"Akalak huh? Those big lumbering blue guys? Hmm, Well I bet you got a fighter in ya then." he said with a sly grin on his face. He wanted to actually test this man's aptitude for combat...but first he had to keep his word and give him a tour around the city. He talked with much zeal and vigor about the city as he went from place to place. The town was pretty big however and when they only managed to check out half of the city Utsu thought he gave a somewhat decent rendition of Lhavit.

They found themselves just outside of Okomo Villa, the smell of animals in the air. Sigh* "Alright that should give you a decent idea of the city" he said simply as he watched the afternoon sun near them. "Well I hope that was a good enough tour from the admittedly, normal commoner's perspective. Need a place to stay? I can probably get you some space in the tent or if you have enough money you can visit the Cosmos building not too far away from here and get some housing there." He looked around gazing at the Okomo petting his dog before he continued.

"I sincerely hope you have a good time in Lhavit, just know however. Have fun, but just think twice when your here" he said as he pointed at a nearby patrole. The group seemed familiar as they have been following him and the newcomer for the past few places. "They are always watching" He said checking his bow and arrows as they watched.
Utsu
Hopeless Romantic

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 29th, 2011, 7:09 pm

"A warrior, yeah. Im okay. Most true warriors could probably lay me out before I blinked. I'Ve got some skill with a bow and unarmed, a bit of daggerwork. Pretty basic stuff." Soren Smiled sheepishly, Wondering if Utsu cared.

The tour had ben nice, covering alot of the city in a short time. Soren and Mika were blown away by the sights sounds and smells of the city of stars. Eventually they stopped by a pen full of Okomos. Having grown bored with walking, Mika had jumped in his pack. Soren snapped to attention when Utsu spoke again, fingering the edge of his bow. "No i have a place to stay, thank you though." The man pointed out a couple of Shinya that had been watching them. Soren noticed Utsu was checking his bow. "Your not going to fight them are you? No offense but i think they'd tear you apart." Soren spoke worridly. "So how good are you with that bow, Mister huntsman?"
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

Postby Utsu on April 1st, 2011, 5:09 am

"Of course not!" Utsu replied when he heard Soren's question. "You better keep thoughts like that to yourself. As I said before this isn't a place where you can disrupt the peace so easily" he said eyeballing the two patrols as they left. He found his bow in order as he put his arrows back. His eyes shifted as he heard Soren's opinion on them. He looked at him a bit quizzical as if Soren hasn't been taking his life seriously yet. "It may come off as a surprise to you Drykas but when one is able enough with their craft, anything is possible. They just have to focus and practice enough with their certain craft" Utsu said watching the patrol still as before he turned back to Soren. "Since we caused a commotion with someone of the royal family, of course attacking them right now wouldn't be a safe bet. But they are human after all, one can still be able to aim a shot at them if they aren't looking, but know that in the end usually they should be able to take care of you sooner or later. It doesn't happen too often but when a murder happens in the city it's just a matter of time before they catch the murder and take care of them." he explained.

He lead them to a secluded area where they can possibly practice alone. "Yea I'm actually pretty decent with this thing" he said as he said as he took off the huge longbow from his back. He pointed at a target 30 ft away from them and lined up his shot. Slowly taking into account air speed, direction and his trajectory he took a careful planned aimed shot at the target. Utsu took out another arrow as his first flew through the air. He quickly notched it back until it felt just right, as he released the first arrow found it's mark as he looked to Soren.
Utsu
Hopeless Romantic

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on April 2nd, 2011, 7:15 am

Soren watched Utsu shoot, first one thumping just under the center of the target. the second a bit below that. The snap of the string and the whistle of the arrows was like a music to Soren. The second shot hit the target just below the first. A hidden smirk on his face, Soren drew his shortbow, much smaller than Utsu's. Drawing an arrow, he nocked it back. A snap and the arrow was gone. Feeling confident, he followed Utsu's example he quickly drew again, just as the first arrow hit just to the right of Utsu's first. As soon as he released the second, Soren knew he had fired too fast, forgetting the first rule he was taught. Patience and timing. The arrow dropped and skidded across the dirt in front of the target.

"Heh heh...whoops." Mika chuckled at him, and Soren gave a sheepish smile."Thats my punishment for showing off." He smiled good naturedly and jogged off to get the arrows. Reaching the target, he stooped, picking up his arrow. An idea popped into his head. He stood, and pulled the other arrows free. Sliding them into his quiver, Soren suddenly spun and nocked an arrow, his bow drawn to maximum power. A smirk, he let the arrow fly. It whizzed through the air, almost unseen. A loud wooden thwack later, the arrow was buried in a tree trunk just behind Utsu, having whistled a few inches to the left of his head. Soren laughed and jogged back to the man. "How was that?" Soren almost expected Utsu to yell at him. He held out the Huntsman's arrows.
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

PreviousNext