(Surya Plaza) Local Flavor (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 12th, 2011, 4:16 am

5th of Spring 511, Midnight

"Mika, calm down. Nothing's gonna happen." Soren spoke confidently, Mika standing by his feet. The white fox's tail swished back an forth, obviously agitated. While Soren had quickly gotten used to the flip-flopped sleeping and business hours, Mika on the other hand was used to being alone at night. They were sitting in the middle of Surya Plaza, at the height of activity. People were everywhere, hawking small crafts and news, gossiping, eating, and generally going about their daily....er nightly lives.

Soren had only been in Lhavit for about a week now and yet he had only met, well technically only talked to a couple people. "We're only gonna be here for a little while." Mika chittered and looked and him, slowly calming. she jumped up to sit on the fountain next to him, wrapping her tail around her feet. They looked around the plaza at the crowd.

Soren's real reason for coming was to find a teacher. He wanted to learn Lhavitian solely because if he was going to live there, knowing the native language would help him greatly.Well, that and the one Shinya. but that was another story. Soren knew one word in the native language,Hello or atleast he thought it was hello. For all he knew it could have been cat or sword or lots of other things. Soren wouldn"t dare try to use it on someone, just in case it happened to not to be hello.

"Awghhh This is gonna take forever!" Soren wailed out.
Last edited by Soren Thundersong on March 13th, 2011, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soren Thundersong
Nvr respected, Always forgotten

Words: 26915
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Jiina on March 12th, 2011, 4:54 am

oocYou need a timestamp <3333

The Surya Plaza at night was what most Lhavitians lived for. If their work day was good, that was indeed fine, but the Surya Plaza would be even better. If their work day was bad, the thought of the Surya Plaza was what kept them going. The hustle and bustle, the lights, the shouting, the laughter, the people - this is what made the Surya Plaza a true highlight of any Lhavitian's day.

Jiina could appreciate the Surya Plaza, and indeed she did. It was stunning with the stars out and the skyglass gleaming. She would have appreciated it more, though, if she were not here on business. For the Surya Plaza, as well as it being a place that the residents of Zintila's city loved, was also a place where those new to Lhavit were inexplicably drawn to - or perhaps, not so inexplicably, drawn by the chatter, the yells and the undeniable sense of joy that permeated the air for miles around.

Her day had not been so successful as usual. Taeto had been irritated, having been held up all night with a friend of his that he refused to disclose to her. Her training had been off because of it, worried that he was angry with her. She had fallen from flips three times, something she did not usually do, which only caused both her own and Taeto's irritation with her to increase. In annoyance, he had told her to go out for the night. Her head low in shame, she had headed straight for the Surya Plaza. Gathered information from the very hub of Lhavit would surely make him less angry with her.

There had been the usual humdrum of Lhavitian. The language was gentle, soft, she would even go so far as to say beautiful, but when hundreds of people were speaking it at once, the cacophony grew so loud that Jiina's head throbbed with every step she took deeper into the chaos. She wandered, without conscious aim but ever heading towards the centre fountain, mildly observing those around her. As she neared it, the less subtle and gentle tones of the Common language hit her. In an instant she was exceptionally thankful, as she ever was, of Taeto - who had insisted on the girl learning the universal language. Lhavit was a tourist city, after all.

The man who sat at the edge of the fountain was evidently not Lhavitian, his tanned skin, longer wavy hair and tattooed arms giving him away as a Drykas. Taeto had ensured that she learnt how to recognise all of the races, and she was exceptionally skilled at the recognition now. What was stranger about the man, besides being a Drykas in Kalea, was the small white fox sitting beside him. Dinner, perhaps? Though if the man had wanted dinner, he needn't have brought along a fox, for there were many hawkers in the Plaza selling their yatani and rice dishes. A pet, then, though she did not understand how a man managed to tame a wild fox to sit at his heel like a common lap dog.

He seemed to be yelling out in despair, and this, to Jiina, presented the perfect opportunity to connect with the anomaly. He was upset, and Jiina could turn that emotion to her advantage - for a lost foreigner in the different city of Lhavit would surely trust a local without hesitation. Plastering an exceedingly fake smile on her face, as her smiles always were, she strode over to him and stood before him. A little bow, a switch to Common and he was already within her grasp.

"Hello," she said jovially. "I'm assuming you're new to our wonderful city of the Stars, under the guidance of our benevolent patron, Zintila?" Even as she lied, bile threatened to rise in her throat. Benevolent patron could not be far from the truth. She was a "goddess", not even a full one, who ran her city on her minions, the Seiza and the Shinya. She only chose the submissive for the Shinya, for they were too stupid to question her absolute dictatorship of the city. It irked her that so few Lhavitians could see what was utterly obvious to her and Taeto!

Even as she thought this, her smile continued.
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Words: 53253
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 11:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Utsu on March 12th, 2011, 5:25 am

James just left from a nearby tavern in the area as he stumbled a little across the plaza. Having about 2 drinks too many he collapsed on the floor and nearly fell unconscious for a bit. His faithful hunting dog Lin licking him back to life, he grunted a few times before finally propping himself back up. Though stumbling a bit and nearly losing his balance a few times he eventually made it to the center of the plaza. "Ugh..." He groaned as he looked at his reflection in the fountain. He nearly lost it there as he splashed the water on his face before he can take another look at his reflection.

"Arf! Arf!" "Huh? Lin?"
He turned to see his dog aggressively licking what looked to be a tourist's fox. "Hey Hey don't bother with the tourists Lin. We don't want to be bothered by the darned" -he stopped short as he looked at Jiina "Shinya..." he growled as he glared at the woman. The water on his face sobering him up just enough to stand without too much trouble, he whistled his dog over before he turned to the what he thought was a Drykas "Hey, don't bother with those types." He said looking at Jiina "If your not careful this Shinya will kill you for...who know anymore? Littering in public of all things can get you killed."
Last edited by Utsu on March 13th, 2011, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utsu
Hopeless Romantic

Words: 15380
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 13th, 2011, 4:09 am

About to hang his head, Soren was surprised when a pair of legs appeared before him. He slowly looked up, subconciously checking for weapons. He was surprised again to find it was a young woman, obviously Lhavitian judging by her olive skin, and small build. Her eyes were dark and had a hard glint to them. The mystery woman smiled and said in a honey sweet tone "Hello, I'm assuming you're new to our wonderful city of stars, under the guidance of our benevolent patron Zintila." Soren smiled lightly and stood, bowed low to the girl and sat back down. Gesturing with his hand beside him he replied. "You maybe want to join me? Oh I'm Soren by the way and yeah I'm fairly new. Iv been here about a week. Uhm about Zintila...I don't really know much about her or the Shinya. Well except for.....actually nevermind. Uh I forgot this is Mi-aughhhh!"

Suddenly Mika jumped across his lap growling and obviously angry. She spun and glared at a light tan dog. The dog obviously had licked her, some of her white fur sticking up. Mika clicked lightly and smooth her fur down. A tall overly drunk man stumbled up telling the dog off. He was rugged and seemed to be the dog's owner. He looked at them and said "Hey, don't bother with those types. If your not careful this Shinya will kill you for...who knows anymore? Littering in public of all things can get you killed." Soren raised an eyebrow. He looked back at her. "Your not Shinya are you? He looked at her clothes and noticed the skintight leather for the first time. He blushed lightly and averted his eyes. Definatly not standard Shinya wear, if you are. But i doubt that. He thought

Mika stood uneasily and growled at the drunk man and his dog. "Mika shush hun. I'm not gonna fight with him." He peered back at the drunk man, sizing him up just in case. If i have to I think I could take him. But if it comes to it what would she do. She's a wildcard. He saw her as a sheathed knife, nice to you unless you pissed her off then the razor edge showed. He adressed the man. "First off, friend, I don't think she's Shinya. Secondly even if she is you stand a better chance of being cut down then I. Falling down drunk in the plaza not to mention you didn't bow to either one of us." Soren smiled calmly.
Last edited by Soren Thundersong on March 13th, 2011, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

Postby Jiina on March 13th, 2011, 6:18 am

You need a specific timestamp, Soren. You've got it as Spring 511 Midnight, but you'll need to pick a date in Spring. Thanks hun!

Jiina sat beside the fool who professed his own ignorance. Jiina never understood why people would want others to know when they did not know something. Surely having the air of knowledge was a bonus in the way other people percieved you? Letting people know that you did not know anything was surely not a good thing for your image. Never the less, though Jiina herself would never condone nor understand such a belittling of self, she could definitely use and manipulate people who did just that. Keeping her smile, she sat next to the ignorant Drykas, a little disturbed at the white fox that was sprawled next to him. "Zintila is the goddess who walks among us. She is our great benefactor, and all Lhavitians love her." Jiina could not fathom why they would love the autocratic ruler of their dictatorship state.

Her manipulation of f the ignorant visitor beside her was interrupted by the rude man who dared to come up, drunk. What was worse than his state of sobriety, the fact that he had not bowed with due deference to her position as a member of the Twilight Family, was what he had called her. He had called her Shinya! That disgusting group of favouritist thugs, who patrolled the city with no mind of their own and quashed any thoughts of freedom and individualism! How dare he assume she would be a part of such a low group? She almost struck the man, and she opened the pathways in her shoulder, elbow and wrist, flowing djed between them to strengthen the slap she was going to deliver - but she could not let the city of Lhavit know that she hated them such. Though it seemed the drunk man had quite the same derision for the group, a fact that may come in handy when, if ever, the man was sober. "No," she smiled, though her teeth were gritted against the indignancy. "I am not a part of that ... amazing ... group of the Shinya." Though she certainly agreed with the drunk man. The Shinya were oppressors, killing and exiling people for things far too simple. She would not be surprised if they viciously murdered someone for simply making eye contact with them.

She laughed at the Drykas' statement, true amusement bubbling from her lips though with a hard edge to it. The man would indeed be struck down first, for he was drunk and she was skilled at combat. "You, sir, do not seem to have any manners. That is a bad idea for I..." She hesitated, not sure if she should reveal her family. She risked it. She wanted the respect and the deference she deserved from these average cravens of the city. "I am a part of the Twilight Family. I deserve your respect."
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Character sheet

Postby Utsu on March 13th, 2011, 8:48 pm

Darren walked over to the girl while she was talking about the Shinya. "Hey! You know as well as I do they can and at times oppress the people in Lhavit if it so suits them." He muttered under his breath as he suddenly realized he was gripping her. "Oh sorry" He said sheepishly as he attempted the fix the ruffles in her collar. "Yea I'm sorry, I tend to get fired up when it comes down to how things ar-" However as he heard that Jiina was from a well off family herself he stopped short. "Oh?, we got ourselves royalty herself" he said doing a very elaborate and somewhat sarcastic bow as he nearly tipped over and hit himself on the floor before moving back up . He nearly lost his balance again as he sat down on the fountain, he looked at Soren and somewhat dared him to do the same. "Hmph, if your not Shinya and your a tourist" he said looking at the two as he started to stretch a bit, "We should totally show you around the city then" he said sitting calmly. He looked over at Jiina a sly smile on his face.

Yes...That one can tell you ALL about the cultural and "Holy" aspects of this place. You know how great our matrons are and such and even the Shinya if you want. However, this one" he said putting a hand on his chest referring to himself, can tell you all the darker stuff about this place and the fun dives to go to. He chuckled as he thought of the prospect of walking around the city with them, "and together we can probably give you the grandest tour any tourist could possibly have, heck if this goes down well I'll pay my part of the meal at the end of this." He had a very calm look on his face as waited for their answers "So...what do ya say?"
Utsu
Hopeless Romantic

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 14th, 2011, 12:32 am

Soren waited to hear the drunk man's reply. Seemingly ignoring him, the drunkard started complaining of the Shinya and their opressive ways. Suddenly he grabbed the girl and Soren put his hand on the knife at his waist. Soren waited a few tense seconds to see what would happen. The man let go, apoligizing. Then the girl dropped a shocker.

"I'm part of the Twilight family. I deserve your respected."

Soren barely kept himself from jumping up. He had heard of the Twilight family before. Mostly whispers but the one definate thing he had heard was that they were held with high respect, and had a lot of power. Soren knew there was something different about her. He had to be careful with his words now. He didn't want to anger the woman. Making the Twlight family an enemy wasn't high on his list of things to do in Lhavit.

At the news the drunkin man exclaimed something about royalty and clumsily bowed, almost falling over. He sat beside Soren, his eyes upon Jiina. The man adressed them both, offering to drag them around the darker side of Lhavit, the stuff they really would get them killed. Soren waited a moment, looked at the man and said "Sorry, but i think ill stay here."
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

Postby Jiina on March 15th, 2011, 1:47 am

Jiina was shocked that the man, though drunk, had enough tenacity to walk up and grab the collar of her leather skin tight suit. How dare he come up and grab her? She was not to be man handled by some ignorant drunk fool who had simply no idea, nor the brain power to understand, who she was and what she could do. Opening up the djed once more in her arms, she felt her life force pound through the pathways in her arm, making her stronger, feeling the adrenalin rushing through her. She put the strengthened arm on his, tightening her wrist over his, using both her profieciency in Flux and in fighting barehanded to wrench it off her and push him back from her. She closed the pathways, glared at him, and dropped the bombshell about her family.

She glared at the man, drawing herself up to her full but not so considerable height. She had nearly forgotten about the Drykas man, as he bowed sarcastically, utterly mocking her. "What class are you, hmmm?" she spat at the drunkard. "One of the aisha who no one cares about? Shimobe, even? And you dare to disrespect one of the families which govern your day to day life?" She grinned, viciously, a sarcastic grin that threatened death and destruction. "You know, I am on speaking terms with Weisur. I could tell him of your insolence and have you punished like THAT." On her last word, she clicked her fingers snappily. This was a Jiina who could make something happen - something that was not pleasant.

She debated turning back to the Drykas, putting on a nice front and smarming up to him as well, but it was much too late for that. Instead she raised an imperious eyebrow and asked him, "Do you have a problem with respect too, foreigner?" She ignore the drunken man's idea, of showing around the Drykas. She would never be seen dead as having a friendship with this insignificant man. "I'm with the Drykas. I'll be staying here, you drunken fool." She had probably lost the chance at manipulating the pair, but she was too angry to follow the man around. Shinya! He had called her SHINYA!
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Character sheet

Postby Utsu on March 15th, 2011, 3:44 am

Darren smiled at the new developments. Most of the weak alcohol smell was finally dissipating over his shirt. Heh, good time as any to fess up, he thought as he smiled gingerly with a somewhat coy and all-knowing face. "Alright good! We got all our true feelings out in the open" James said still smiling his smile, as he pulled himself up, he didn't seem to show any signs of stumbling or that of being drunk. "good, I prefer non-fake conversations" he explained. Apparently the two just got played by James acting as a drunk, a very tricky role to be honest but something, he thought might have to learn if he ever wanted to blend into the darker parts of society. A drunk he thought was one of the better ways to slip through the watch of the guards and in his case the Shinya, if he was lucky.

He went over to the woman and formally apologized giving a very formal bow to show deep respect. "I'm sorry I laid hands on you my dear" he said attempting to fix her ruffled shirt, "Hehe who would have thought I a mere Aisha can walk in the same footsteps of that of royalty... he said sadly, but recovering very quickly. "...I should be grateful for this day," he continued obviously not meaning it, but attempting to compliment her nonetheless. By then he fixed Jiina's shirt and was staring straight into his eyes seemingly lost in her cute, but somewhat fierce gaze. "You know...I didn't get your name, I'd rather know that then your family's..." he said softly, unknowingly working his seduction tricks on her, "You know with such beautiful eyes, there's no doubt in my mind that you could have been a Shinya-no! Even better then the Shinya! Surpass them entirely... Those eyes are just so awe-inspiring, such fierceness" he ended giving her a playful growl at the end.

He grinned as he smoothly transitioned to the Drykas. "James Anator, friend. Skilled huntsman of Lhavit." He gave his hand for a handshake with him. "Hehe, now I bet you are wondering why I acted as a drunk just now, huh?" He looked at his expression and grinned. "Hehe, just a bit of humor to start us off huh? Something to break the tension of meeting complete strangers for the first time." He explained matter-so-factly aimed a few punches at Soren playfully before he continued. "But you know my offer still stands. I can show you around this city I love, even with all the...control...that happens in the back scenes. But I love it all the same, this is my city and I would have it you experience it from the eyes of a man in love" He said as he looked at Jiina "Hey, care to renew that offer to come along? I would love to treat you to the Fleeting Comet after we are done here..."
Last edited by Utsu on March 20th, 2011, 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Utsu
Hopeless Romantic

Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 16th, 2011, 6:33 am

Soren's jaw dropped as the woman's attitude drastically changed. Pushing the man away she glared angrily, and insulted him, asking his class and rambleing about being part of one of the governing families. "You know I'm on speaking terms with the Weisur." She growled. Who that was, Soren didn't know. "I could tell him of your insolence and have you punished like that." Snapping her fingers she smiled cruelly. She turned to Soren.

Fear coiled like a snake in his gut. This woman was truely dangerous, more so than he orginally thought. "Do you have a problem with respect too, foreigner?" Carefully Soren stood. bowing low he replied. "No Miss, none." He slowly sat back down. Soren turned his gaze to the man, and got his second surprise of the day.

The man was smiing as if he had been kissed, not insulted. Something seemed different though. The man stood straighter and didnt seem to be stumbling anymore. With a smart look on his face the man exclaimed "Alright good, we got all our true feeling in the air". Are all the people in the city this crazy Soren thought. The man had played them for fools, acting drop dead drunk to get them to show their true feelings.

The man bowed respectfully and stepped up to the woman, fixing her shirt and speaking in a whisper. Soren only caught a few words of his speech. The man suddenly turned to him, that knowing grin still plastered on his face, and introduced himself. "Jamse Anator friend, skilled huntsman of Lhavit." James offered his hand to shake. Soren firmly returned his handshake and replied strongly "Soren Thundersong, warrior of the Diamond clan, and this is Mika." Gesturing to the white fox.

James continued on, Soren to stunned to reply. That was humor? He aimed a few fake punches at Soren and repeted his offer. James joyfully explained he wanted to show them around the city, the back scenes as he called it, of the city he loved. He looked at the woman and said "Hey care to renew that offer to come along? Id love to treat you to the fleeting comet after we are done here..." If I go with him maybe she wont come along. Shes pretty angry. Soren involuntarily leaned back, expecting her to hit the....uhm clouds. He looked at james again and spoke. "You know perhaps I will. I've only been here a few days. Maybe this will help me find my way around."
Soren Thundersong

Character sheet

Next