Location The Opal Temple

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

[Location] The Opal Temple

Postby Alice on May 3rd, 2010, 7:33 pm

The short pause escaped Merida’s attention – either that or she just didn’t care. Again the scratching of quill against paper could be heard as she scribbled a summary of his words down. There was nothing odd about the knowledge he claimed to possess. Medicine, after all, was an ancient craft itself and the forms practiced by Alahean healers and modern Konti were almost identical. Of course, the Konti had gathered their own knowledge, but the basics stayed the same.

After finishing, Merida gave him some sort of good-bye wave. “Thank you, that was everything I needed. The teachers will be notified. See you tomorrow.” Another very short smile appeared on her features while she listened to Taithrosa’s departing steps.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 8th, 2010, 8:13 pm

First Day of Summer

Taithrosa returned at the begining of summer and signed up for summer classes in both medicine and Healing as well as library studies. He smiled at the secratary and handed over the 23 Gold Mizas.

OOC: if You want me to do more please let me know and I will change this. Just figure I would post it for referances that he is taking classes.

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alodian Aviastas on November 6th, 2010, 5:32 pm

86 Day of Fall 510 AV

With his emerald cloak fastened around him, the tall Vantha headed down a road of Mura. His eyes glimmered in the sunlight, as his matching emerald highlights shimmered with his hair. He knew that he had come to this wonderful place for a reason, and he was right. There was a nagging sensation that filled his head, quite like the one when he met Adalia in Denval. He felt the presence of his Goddess Rak'keli, and it excited him.

As Alodian was walking the roads of Mura, he came across a park of sorts, with a bunch of scenery. The thing that caught his attention was the building in the middle of the park, with huge towers on either side! Pushing open the white wrought iron gate, Alodian stepped inside the magnificent building, letting his emeralds roam around inside. He had never seen a place like this before, as well as he never felt his Goddess's presence so strong before! The feeling filled his body with warmth, as well as happiness. He stepped over to where there was a woman sitting behind a desk. Before he spoke, he took into consideration that the people here might not know his native tongue. Switching to Common, he asked, "Ello miss. What place may this be?"
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Alice on December 17th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Merida listened to the opening crank of the door as well as the self-confident and long strides taken towards her reception desk. She immediately associated the noises with a man, a tall one. Apparently he wasn’t from Mura, but trying to get something from the Opal Order. Strangers visiting the White Isle were always focused on her own advantages. Even Merida herself had come with that intent, although she had learned many and adopted some things about the Konti society and mentality since then.

The man’s question caught her off-guard, though. So he had simply lost the way. Well, that was not unusual too, although one had to be lost in deep thought to not realize where they were going until landing near the Opal Temple. After all, it was at the east outskirts of Mura, half embraced by the waters of Silver Lake and at the opposite end of the long main road that came from the harbor.

Anyway, as usual Merida didn’t involve herself in the stranger’s business. Instead she answered in a clear voice: “Greetings and welcome! I’m Merida Zuval, and you are at Opal Temple. We also offer a library and classes for a small fee. Is there anything I can help you with?” Then she waited, apparently staring into the air somewhere near Alodian, but not really seeing him. A woman, human, blind, but possessing the familiar tingle of the Goddess. So she was marked too.

It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alodian Aviastas on December 19th, 2010, 5:05 am

As his eyes took in the sight before him, Alodian smiled. What was it about this place that made him feel all warm inside, and as if his Goddess was standing near him? Scanning the place, his eyes landed on the woman at the front desk. Deep in thought, the woman speaking startled him. "The Opal Temple? What be in this place? I have never seen something like it," he said, his eyes slightly widened in amazement. "I do not know why, but I am drawn to this magnificent place," Alodian said, as he took a few steps closer to the woman.

His emeralds glistened with joy as the young Vantha looked at the woman."Merida," he paused, trying to remember the pronunciation before continuing, "I have come a long way, a very long journey it was and I do not know why. I do not know why I am drawn to such a place like this," he said, his brows furrowing a bit. "Tell me, is there something special about this place?" he asked, glancing around again.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alice on December 29th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Merida allowed herself a brief smile. Such awe, such open admiration was rare among those who came from abroad, especially men. They always seemed so focused on behaving well – or not behaving at all – in front of Konti women, or any women for that matter. This one, however, was different. Plus, she sensed Rak’keli’s touch on him. Maybe one aspect influenced the other and it was an endless chain.

However, she didn’t let thoughts distract her from her task. Getting to know others was her favorite pastime, but helping them on their way was her profession. Starting from scratch, she explained: “The Opal Temple is a facility dedicated to worshiping Rak’keli, a school of different healing methods and a research center. It is also the headquarters of the Opal Order, an organization of healers dedicated to Rak’keli. All of them are marked by Her.” While she did count herself as a healer, albeit only second class, she refused calling herself an Opal Order healer. After all, she had nothing to do with plants, medicines or tourniquets.

Although Alodian’s intense look was missed by Merida’s blind eyes, she sensed trembling anticipation in his speech. She had no clue where he came from, probably Avanthal, since he spoke of a long journey. Putting an elbow on the desk and placing her chin in one hand, she listened carefully.

“You are marked by Rak’keli too. The Goddess must have told you to serve her with the Opal Order. We offer classes in medicine and herbalism and our extensive library is open to everyone. However, you can also try to join our ranks. Actually, that’s the usual reason for visitors. Now, I’d be grateful if you told me your name and anything else I can help you with.” Her voice was quite neutral, betraying her interest in the foreigner. She got the feeling he was different, and not only because he already carried a first mark.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alodian Aviastas on January 5th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Alodian listened to Merida as she spoke to him, taking in all the information he could. The Opal Order? This bit of information intrigued him, and he wished to find out more. Maybe Rak'keli did speak to him subconsciously, steering him in the direction of this place, in order to further his bond with her and healing! Growing a tad excited at this thought, he turned his attention back to the woman. "The Opal Order? How does one go about joining the ranks of them?" he asked, curious, as his thirst for knowledge waited for more answers. "As you see, I have a mark from the Goddess. What more do I need to do to join ranks?" he asked, a little puzzled. How would one join a group of healers when you already have your first mark? The only thing that came to him was possibly showing them what he could do. Realizing he had not told her his name, a shy smile crossed Alodian's face. "I'm sorry. My name is Alodian Aviastas, and I come from Avanthal," he said, as his emeralds glistened in the light.

"I wish to know more about this Opal Order. Anything or anyone that is devoted to healing and to Goddess Rak'keli is worth meeting. I already do these things, so I shouldn't be different from them," he said, more to himself at this point, but to Merida. "You mentioned classes? I could always further myself and my knowledge. Maybe I will gain another mark," he said, his emeralds lighting up with excitement. The very thought made lots and lots of questions and other thoughts run through his head; endless possibilities starting to form. "Originally I did not plan on staying long, but that has changed. I think I stay a long time now, getting used to everyone and the Opal Order. It's fascinating," he said, taking another look around, having new appreciation for what this building was and represented.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alice on February 19th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Indeed, Merida could feel the Goddess’ warm presence radiating from him. She tilted her head to think about the possibilities. Most foreigners who sought to join the Order’s ranks didn’t possess a single gnosis mark, but here was one who had already gone through obtaining the prerequisites and was technically suited for working with them. Eventually she said: “There’ll still be a little test, I believe, although I’m not sure how cases like you are handled. You see, the only condition to join is a single mark from the Goddess. Also, you must consistently work to improve your medicinal and herbalism knowledge.”

She stopped, listening to the train of thought coming from the man. Excitement and anticipation tinged his voice with a light tone. Having served as the receptionist for quite some time, Merida knew how to distinguish those who merely visited and those who stayed. That one seemed to belong to the latter category, eager to explore the knowledge and wisdom the Order collected so carefully. She politely listened to his ponderings and replied: “Yes, there are classes. If you’re a member, you don’t even have to pay for them. We have an extensive medical library too. This is a center for learning and healing, for mending what is broken and preventing any damage to the body and mind. It seems that you’ve come to the right place.”

Suddenly she rose and pointed towards a door at the back of the entrance hall. “If you wish to inquire about the details of your test, it will be my pleasure to inform one of the instructors of your presence, Alodian of Avanthal.” Oh, how she loved tasting foreign names on her mouth. Merida collected foreign customers like others did stones or flowers. Visitors from Avanthal were rare. “You can discuss your request with them.” Still she lingered, awaiting Alodian’s approval.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gemtana on May 30th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Timestamp:
Spring 60, 511 AV
The Opal Temple

Gemtana, after giving her arrival information at the docks, fluttered her bright wings and began slowly hovering around. She had asked, when she gave her information, where she could find work in medicine. She was directed to the heart of the island to a large white cluster of buildings known as the Opal Temple. As she fluttered around gracefully, she took in the architecture and beauty of the island. She smiled at the many varied gardens and beautiful plants. She would love it here.

She hovered to a set of wrought iron gates looking in wonder at the Opal Temple she sought. Her stomach was a fit of nerves. She had heard that the Konti were an accepting race and that Mura was the medical leader of Mizahar, but she worried that there would be no room for her. She shyly entered the gates, shoulders hunched as her brightly colored wings carried her to the doors. She let loose a breath and entered. She saw a circular reception desk and was greeted with,
"Welcome to the Opal Temple. How can we help you?"

She looked timidly at the woman, "I'm looking for work, I've just arrived on your beautiful island. Back home in Abura I would treat wounds and illnesses. I'm not formally trained, I learned as I tried. I was told this is where to ask and... Uh... I think I would do really well here. Would I be able to work here?"
Gemtana
Player

Words: 6603
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 1:48 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet

Postby Alice on June 6th, 2011, 8:38 pm

The faint flitter of wings and the lack of footsteps told Merida what kind of creature was standing or rather, hovering in front of her. She gave a polite smile and greeted the newcomer with the same friendliness as always, tinged with just a little bit more curiosity.

Akvatari were not too rare on Konti Isle, but still rare, and almost no winged visitor ever sought out the Opal Temple for the reason Gemtana now voiced. Therefore, Merida’s milky white eyes widened a little before she could digest the information and replied: “Do you know what kind of place this is?”

Without waiting for a response, she continued: “This is the Opal Temple, a facility dedicated to healing and spreading knowledge of everything herbalism and medicine-related. It’s also the headquarters of the Opal Order, an organization of healers and followers of Rak’keli. Classes in various skills are available as well as an extensive herbal library for a small fee... But if you’d like to work here, I would recommend you to try and join the Opal Order. Everyone who works here eventually does.” Her voice had sounded nothing but informative before, but now she switched to a softer tone. “Members of the Order dedicate their lives to serving Rak’keli and healing others, no matter who they may be. You will be able to become a really good healer if you work towards joining. And I’m afraid working here without the goal of joining the Order is not available.” There she fell silent, folding her hands at the desk and waiting for the Akvatari to decide.

Naturally, she had heard that most of them were inclined towards art. Poetry, music. But this one wanted to work as doctor... Merida didn’t know how to treat her. One would see what became of her.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

PreviousNext