Location The Opal Temple

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

The Opal Temple

Postby Gossamer on May 11th, 2009, 8:07 am

Description:

Located in the heart of Mura, the Opal Temple rises in gleaming white stone set in the middle of a bright green park. While the structure itself seems rather small, flanked on either side by twin white towers of three stories, most of the structure is buried beneath the ground as is common in Mura. As the Temple itself is set upon the coastline, the underground complex is partially flooded. Within the north tower is the beginnings of the Medical Library which stretches deep underground well into the sprawling complex that is the Opal Order's Headquarters. South tower is said to be the home of Rak'Keli, The Goddess of Healing, when she indeed is in residence.

Beneath, there are sprawling chambers designed to house Healers from all over the realm. Here, they gather, study, and work together to improve the overall lifestyles of the people they serve. If one seeks entrance, one only needs to walk through the white wrought iron gate, walk up the steps, and enter the building. There is a small round reception chamber that holds a circular desk where Merida Zuval greets visitors and returning healers alike. She also graciously deals with venders, and redirects people seeking entrance to the Medical Library to the south tower, which has its own entrance. If one looks closely at her, they will note her milky white eyes, as if she is completely blind.

"Welcome to the Opal Temple. How can we help you?" Merida asks. If its a medical situation, an emergency, she'll direct you immediately to the clinic on the west lawn that is always set up to treat various ill or infected people that come to the temple. If the patient is sick enough, they will be admitted and given a sickbed in the Opal Clinic.

Services & Goods:

The Opal Temple offers a wide range of classes and services. Not only do they act as a full scale hospital equipped for long term care, but they also provide teaching in the following subjects.

• Medicine - 10 gold Miza a term
  • Herbalistm - 8 gold Miza a term
  • Library Studies - 5 gold Miza a term (waved for work in the Medical Library)
  • Plant Preservation - 10 gold Miza a term (waved for work in the Medical Library)

A term lasts for a single season, with new terms starting on the season changes. What students get out of their studies is wholly dependent upon their own desire to learn and the effort they put into their studies. All classes include room and two meals a day. While there is no actual 'Healers Training' offered, since healing comes from Gnosis Marks via The Goddess of Healing - Rak'keli, there is a guide, a High Priestess who helps people understand their granted abilities.

NPCS:

Merida Zuval - Receptionist
Kanis Obvala - Medicine
Drae Sommers - Herbailism
Giea Nadalas - Poisons
Nadia Sutalis - High Priestess of Rak'keli

All students are referred to the library for library studies.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[Location] The Opal Temple

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 15th, 2010, 3:43 am

He paused and looked up at the sky and frowed. It was probable two hours before sunset, but if he was here as long as he expected he would be then he would probable change sometime in the middle of the meeting, but then again he didn't care. This was his lesser form. At night he showed his true form.

He turned and walked into the front office. He bowed to the woman before him. His black hair wash pushed out fo his face showing of his handsome face with his strong chin, thick eyebrows and full lips. His cobalt skin though was dark, clearly blue giving him an exotic look. He hoped that he wouldn't have any of the local Konti becomeing jumpy thinking he was here for a mate. Cause he wasn't.

He answered her question. His voice soft and sweet, and strangle bearing an accent as if he was used to a language with softer sylibles. "I have heard this is the place to go to learn about healing, and that the best healers in the world dwell here. I was hoping to talk to someone more about learning the healing arts."
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on April 17th, 2010, 9:05 pm

This one certainly wouldn’t become jumpy around him – additionally, she was not Konti, but human with pale, somewhat aristocratic features and dark hair. Her eyes were of a milky white complexion. Although she didn’t have what was often called “a healing hand”, she enjoyed communication with strangers at the reception. If she was lucky, a few exotic exemplars landed in her social net. Today she regarded herself as very lucky. A male and, judging from the deep voice, an Akalak even!

Nevertheless she maintained her usual cool façade and nodded. Countless requests had begun with those words, so she could automatically switch back to business. While taking out a few papers and a thick leather book, she said: “Has Rak’keli already marked you? Do you have any knowledge about healing, herbalism or medicine at all? I suppose you already know that, but healing is a gift the goddess grants those she has chosen before. Without a gnosis mark, you are free to study medicine or herbalism or both here. You can also use our library that has specialized on medical information, but each of those options requires a small fee per season. If you’re a follower of Rak’keli, the High Priestess would be glad to assist you in studying and learning about Her blessings.”

Suddenly she stopped and her brow furrowed while her fingers examined a small note that was attached to a time table. Then she spoke to Taithrosa again. He would notice that her milky eyes always looked into the same direction. “I’m sorry, but apparently the High Priestess is not available for …” After a pause of hesitation, she continued: “… the next four days. There is an important meeting with the Grandmothers Circle, you see. Feel free to visit the shrines and approach the priestesses if you need anything, though.” Then she shook her head as if to get negative thoughts out of it and spread her arms. “So, what are your exact plans?”
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 18th, 2010, 5:27 am

Taithrosa quickly noticed that the woman before him was blind, but didn't say anything, because as he watched the image of a dozen blind woman flashed before his eyes. He blinked away the images as he remembered none of their names or even his name during thse lifetime. "I actually haven't been marked by the goddess. I would be interested in learning more about the Goddess. I do also have some knoweldge about medicine, and would like to learn more about both medicines and herbs."

He nodded his head at the mention of a small fee. As long as it was actually a small fee it didn't really bother Taithrosa. He was surprised that the woman seemed able to read the note, but he didn't say anything his deep voice speaking once again. "I can wait, I would like to see this library, and could most certianly wander around the library for a while." He paused and looked at the woman before him. "I realize that the people here speak Common, but does this island also have a native tongue?"
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on April 20th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Merida nodded. She didn’t care whether people were marked or not, because her own faith wasn’t strong enough to let her become a full member of the order. Instead she was happy with the reception work, helping people, explaining things to them and directing them to their destination. It was useful and organized work, and that was what Merida loved.

“Classes in both medicine and herbalism are available, but the price depends on how long you want to stay. For an entire season, the prices are quite high, 10 gold mizas for Medicine and 8 for Herbalism, but you really get something out of your studies if you stay longer. An extensive topic such as medicine can take very long … depending, of course, on how much you want to learn.” She gave a reserved smile. “Using the library is 5 mizas per season.”

Then she took out a sheet of paper with a few square lines on it. When touching it, her fingers felt the lines carved into the material’s surface and followed the lines. “The entrance to the library is at the North Tower, to the left. It is very extensive, but there are librarians who can assist you at finding the books you need. The South Tower, here”, she gave a meaningful pause, “is rumored to be Rak’keli’s permanent residence. She is very open and often seeks contact with Her followers or those who show interest in healing the body and mind. You can visit her whenever you want, although you won’t get to see Her every time.” Her features showed an expression of serenity, as if she truly believed in the good Rak’keli did to the world. “She will seek you out if you have true faith in Her.

Nodding once more, she explained: ”Yes, the Konti's mother tongue is Kontinese, although everyone speaks Common almost equally well. The latest influx of tourists has had its impact on Mura. Do you seek someone who could teach you the basics of the language? She hesitated for a while, but then straightened and offered: "I'd gladly be your teacher, if you want."

It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on April 21st, 2010, 7:18 pm

Taithrosa looked over the map makeing notes of were everything was located. He stood up and thought for a moment. "I take it I would pay here for those services." He asked. "Since there are only a few days left before the seasons change can I sign up for classes and the library for then?"
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on May 1st, 2010, 6:42 pm

Merida gave an approving nod at his suggestion. After all, she was the receptionist, the one who took care of all the paperwork for newcomers. “Of course, I will enroll you in Herbalism and Medicine classes for ten days then. Together with the library fee that would be two gold mizas and five coppers.”

Then she started to browse through a thick, leather-bound book. While thumbing through it with one hand and running the other one over the pages to read the patterns carved in the material by quills, she searched for a vacant spot for the next few days. After a while she informed him: “Drae Sommers, our Herbalism teacher, is available tomorrow at the third bell after sunrise, if that is all right with you. Medicine classes with Kanis Obvala can start in three days. She usually begins at the ninth bell after sunrise ... She’s a casual one, at least more than Drae.” Subtle irony could be heard in Merida’s voice, indicating that Drae might indeed be an unpleasant mentor. She patiently waited for his approval, then took a quill and signed him up, filling the openings in the two women’s schedules. “What is your name? And do you have any previous experience in those two skills at all?” For a chime the air was filled with the scratching of the quill.

Suddenly Merida smiled at him – a friendly and open smile directed to where his voice came from. “I am Merida Zuval, by the way. Nice to have met you and Rak’keli keep you healthy.”

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 2nd, 2010, 1:49 am

He nodded his head glade to hear that he wouldn't be just sitting around waiting for the next semester to start. He was actually glade to have a school to attend. He had enough flashes of memeories that he knew that he had attended a school in Valkalah. "That sounds good. Herbalism tomorrow at the third bell, and three days from now for medicine at the ninth bell."

He pulled out the requested coin and set them down. "Taithrosa Eldytia.." he paused and then continued, "from Riverfall. Yes I do have some previous experience with medicine before." He didn't bother to mention in his past life he had once been a highly skilled doctor, and had mastered both arts.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Merida Zuval. I hope that we have the chance to talk and visit often." He said sincerly. It was kind of nice to have a place that seemed to call to him. He wouldn't say it was home, but it was a place that called to him and offered rest. Here he could build himself up and be ready to face the world.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on May 2nd, 2010, 10:52 am

Merida was glad that they had come to a conclusion so quickly. Some who came here already had a full schedule and it took quite some arguing to convince them that the teachers were busy as well – although that didn’t happen often. Merida despised such individuals, they took away time she could have spent on more important work.

From Riverfall … so he was an Akalak, just as she had expected. The fact that he didn’t go into further detail when speaking about his experiences puzzled her though. Apparently he hadn’t understood what she wanted from him. Her eyebrows rose a bit. “Would you give me a short summary of what you already know? This is so that your teachers can accommodate the lessons to your skill level.” While waiting, she tapped onto the page with a long fingernail.

She gave a respectful head bow to his reply, yet stayed silent, hiding that she didn’t know if she wanted to meet him more often. To her, he came across as a bit … erratic.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 2nd, 2010, 8:08 pm

He paused for only a second and then contiuned. "I attended some basic classes anoung the Akalak. I was taught the basics of medicine. Cleaning wounds, the basic equipment, setting bones, dealing with cuts, bits and other simpler injuries." He didn't go into the fact that the classes he remembered attending were over five/six hundred years ago. While he did appear as an Akalak and considered them as his brothers, he didn't think of himself as one though. He was something more. An Immortal of sorts who had a mission here on Mizahar.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next