Are You Still There? (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on March 14th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Season of Spring, Day 5, 511 AV

It seemed appropriate that today was the day that Jaelyn was coming to Traveler's Row to check on Jokor. Just like the day she had first met him she found herself once more told by Raynard to keep from training for the day. She had argued less this time than the last though, as he had reason to offer today off to rest and enjoy.

Despite that she found her mind frequently returning to her training and skills. Only a year left, and so much was left wanting! She would have to double her efforts if she was going to be ready in time for her Knightly Quest. She would not embarrass or worry her Father by not being ready for what would probably be the most important event in her entire life.

So distracted was she by her thoughts that she almost walked right past the door that led to the apartment Jokor had been staying in. She caught herself after a few steps, and turned to quickly approach the door. When she reached it though she hesitated before knocking. Would Jokor even still be there? It would make sense for him to be, but the boy had certainly surprised her with his actions before.

After a few moments of hesitation she took a deep breath and gave several solid knocks on the door before calling out, "Jokor? Are you there?"
Jaelyn Baroth
Alt of Alenias, Devoted Squire

Words: 144214
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on March 15th, 2011, 12:21 am

When Jokor heard somebody knock on his door he instinctively cursed himself for not having a weapon at hand for the moment, before the fact that he was in syliras once again hit him and even then, no criminal with half a brain knocked on their targets door.
So certain that he wasn't going to get mobbed he walked up to his door and unlocked it.
When he saw jaelyn standing in front of the door he only needed a few moments before he recognized her and more importantly, remembered that she was with those knight guy's.
Leaning a bit forwards and looking down the corridor to see if there where any other knights waiting to take him captive and dump him in the tank, when he didn't see any other knights he looked back up to jaelyn.
"Right unless they think you are able to catch me alone you aren't here on knight bussines, so what gives?" Jokor asked in a wary tone.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on March 16th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Jokor's greeting when he answered the door caused Jaelyn to blink in surprise, and then frown slightly as she thought about what he had said, "I said I would come check on you, and so I have. Why would you think I was here to catch you? Have you broken the law?"

She sincerely hoped that Jokor had not done so. Even though she wasn't a Knight she could not ignore a lawbreaker, and she didn't want to spend her birthday possibly fighting and capturing someone she had been trying to help.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on March 16th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Jokor let out an embarrassed chuckle when Jaelyn remembered him about that promise she made, not to mention that he practically was asking about getting caught about his more... risky activities.
"No not really, I didn't break any laws that I know of." Jokor smiled innocently up at her, well more like he tried smiling innocently, he still looked like somebody that had quite a few things up his sleeve and a few tucked away in his pants for good measure.
"Those that I don't know off I might have broken them though," He chuckled at that.
"How do you guy's remember all those rules anyway? In sunberth we only needed one law and everything worked fine." Jokor snickered as he used sunberth and law in the same sentence.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on March 26th, 2011, 4:21 pm

"It is not very hard," Jaelyn said with a faint smile, "Simply being nice to others and good in your actions will keep you from breaking any laws. It is not like the laws are strange or obscure. They are there to help protect everyone, not to cause problems or make things difficult."

She stood there for a few moments after her words, and then realizing Jokor probably still didn't know much about manners she softly cleared her throat and asked, "May I come in, or would you rather go out for a walk as we talk?"
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on March 28th, 2011, 12:18 pm

Jokor couldn't resist rolling his eyes when Jaelyn mentioned being nice to everybody and it would all work out, that was a bunch of shyke if you asked him. Still he better not mention that in her face, he had a small feeling that that end badly for him.

When she asked if she could come in or that they would go and take a walk while talking. Jokor shrugged.
"Lets just go and take a walk, I've been in this dusty room for more time then necessary today." He said as he walked out of the room and pulled the door close behind him. Locking it with his key before looking back at jaeylin.
"So lets go, I could use some fresh air."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on March 30th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Jaelyn gave a small nod in response to Jokor's words, and stepped aside to let him close and lock the door. Once he was done she gave him a soft smile and then began to walk slowly away from Traveler's Row and out into the open courtyard.

"How have things been going?" she asked after a little while, "I am guessing that you have managed to continue to pay your rent with your pay?" she hoped she was doing alright in casual conversation. Now that she was here with Jokor she found that she really had little idea what to talk with him about. She doubted he would be interested in her explaining more to him about the Knights, or trying to teach him the laws... though the later might be a good idea regardless of Jokor's desire. For now she would just stick to the polite pleasantries.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on April 3rd, 2011, 11:32 pm

Jokor was about to give her a sanitized version about how things where going. Before she brought up the task of his job, going wide eyed with horror for a few seconds before he began frantically digging around in his many pockets.
"O for the love of whichever god is listening, I didn't lose that scrap of paper didn't I?" he muttered to himself.
after some moments of frantic searching he finally pulled out a rather dirty and ruffled looking paper,together with some amount of coins that he quickly slipped back into his pockets, and showed it to jaelyn, or more accurately he showed the bunch of addresses that where written on it to her.
"You know what it say's? The old guy at the center said I had to go to these addresses when I had time, he didn't know I couldn't read though."
He hoped that she forgot about how he had paid his new rent then, he didn't really need the entire city to know about his sidejobs.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 4th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Jaelyn blinked at Jokor's exclamation, and then looked with a bit of confusion at the dirty paper Jokor showed her. Only when he mentioned he couldn't read did she understand, and gave a soft, surprised, "Oh! You can't read? Well, it's a list of addresses," she gave the boy a smile, "I can show you where they are, and a nearby school so you can go there and learn how to read."

Looking over the list again she gave a small smile, and then gestured back to the nearby Traveler's Row, "Well, one of them you already know rather well. Traveler's Row, where you're staying," she pointed to the line on the paper that named the location, "Most of the others are inside Stormhold, as are the schools."

Motioning with her hand she turned and started to head towards the citadel, "I am guessing that this list is for the job you have? Are you running errands for someone?
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on April 4th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Jokor couldn't help but look away from her when she hit the nail straight on the head, not that it was hard in this case he practically told her he couldn't read. Still he couldn't help to feel antsy at the fact that somebody knew something about him that could be used against him... somehow.

"No need to show me all of them, Just tell me where most of them are and It will be fine, just show me those schools where I can learn how to read. I'll figure out the job on another time." He followed jaelyn when she motioned to follow her, nodding when she asked him if he ran errands for his job.
"I do that, I hope those addresses are still good though, that scrap of paper is a bit old by now. But going to those places could never hurt. Who knows they might have something else to do that might earn me a few extra miza."
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next