Are You Still There? (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 10th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Jenni guided the two into the kitchen/dinning room where a square wooden table was set with three sets of bowls, silverware, and cups, "Just sit wherever you want dears, I'll get another place set for Atriso."

"Thank you Mother," Jaelyn said softly as she took a seat, still not wanting to look at Jokor as her Mother placed another table setting at the last chair, and then returned to her work at the stove.

"The stew is done, and the bread should be along shortly," Jenni chimed in happily, "So Jokor," she started, but paused at the sound of the front door opening and closing.

Quickly the woman hurried off, and after a moment from the front room came her cheerful voice, "Welcome home love. Jaelyn just arrived, and she brought company, a friend of hers."

There was a soft response that neither Jokor or Jaelyn could quite make out, and Jaelyn eagerly got up from her chair. Her eyes were fixed to the door, and as soon as the tall form of her Father appeared she took several steps forward, and then bowed her head respectfully as she spoke, "Welcome home Father."

"Thank you Jaelyn," Atriso's voice was soft and monotone, with just a hint of warmth to it as he placed his hands upon Jaelyn's shoulders, giving a faint smile, and leaned down to softly kiss the top of her head.

The happiest smile Jokor would have ever seen from Jaelyn lit up her face at the show of affection, and she quickly moved back to her seat and sat down. Jaelyn's Father turned his striking blue eyes on Jokor, a faint frown touching his lips as he looked the boy over.
Jaelyn Baroth
Alt of Alenias, Devoted Squire

Words: 144214
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on May 11th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Jokor did wat Jenni told him and just took place on the stool that was the closed to him, examining the eating utensils as if he had never seen them before, which was actually quite possible given the way he ate, picking one of the silver utensils up and and twirling it around. Fairly sure that whatever they where made off wasn't metal. When Jenni turned towards him and began to ask something, only to be distracted by the sound of somebody arriving at their home. Causing her to quickly run to meet the person at the door and from how she was speaking towards him he guessed it was jaelyn's father, leaning his chair a bit backwards and looking over his shoulder towards the door get a good vieuw of the stranger.

A few moments later, when the tall man entered, his thoughts were confirmed when jaelyn adressed the man as her father, the man gentily kissing the top of her head in response. Who gave a smile in response before quickly moving back to her seat. After that he fixed those icy blue eyes on him, Jokor just grinned at the man in response, not really feeling that uncomfortable under his gaze.
“Hello sir, Ya can call me Jokor and its nice to meet you." It was quite obvious that jokor wasn't using the word sir as any kind of honorific and just because he wasn't really certain of how to adress the man.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 12th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Atriso simply gave a small nod at Jokor's introduction, his frown possibly lightening just a smidge, and moved to take his seat at the table. The relief on Jaelyn's face however was very obvious, and she gave a faint smile to Jokor in gratitude of him being polite.

"Well, now that we're all introduced, let's eat," Jenni said brightly as she picked up her Husband's bowl, and then smoothly filled it with some steaming stew using a ladle from the pot.

After replacing the first bowl on the table she then filled Jaelyn's bowl, followed by Jokor's, and finally her own. Smiling happily she took her own seat again, and then the three members of the family bowed their heads in unison.

"Tyveth, Lord of Honor," Jaelyn intoned slowly, the words sounding well rehearsed as they came from her mouth, "We thank you for the opportunities we have had today to honor your teachings, and ask that you watch over us as we continue to strive for the ideals of honor, justice, valor, chivalry, and truth. Honor in all."

"Honor in all," both Jenni and Atriso repeated as the three raised their heads back up, and Jenni smiled at the small group, "Well then, I hope you all enjoy the meal."

Jaelyn was just about to start eating her food when she remembered how Jokor ate the first time she met him. Eyes wide in horror she quickly reached with her foot underneath the table to touch his leg and hopefully draw his attention as she held her spoon up, and then went through the motions of eating the soup properly.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jokor on May 13th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Jokor turned himself back the right way into his chair as soon as Jaelyn's father gave him an approving nod, at least he thought it was an approving one. Noticing the faint smile Jaelyn gave him, most likely because he decided not to mouth off to her father, though he hoped that she knew that he wasn't stupid or suicidal. Pissing off a knight, especially a veteran like her father probably was, wasn't a good idea if you wanted to live.

When Jennie filled his bowl with the delicious smelling stew he couldn't help but let his mouth water, almost immediately wanting to dig in and start eating, actually the only reason he didn't was that the family suddenly bowed their heads and began a prayer of something to Tyveth, whoever that was. Waiting till they where done with their religious moment before digging in.
When Jaelyn gave him a rather harsh poke against his leg with her foot he gave her an annoyed look, raising his eyebrow when she went through the motions of eating the stew in an exaggerated way. A few moments he just looked at her before he finally got the message that he shouldn't eat like his usual self, it would probably gross out her parents.
After a few bites he turned his attention to Jaelyn's father.
“So sir, you never introduced yerself?” He carefully asked. Quite curious to his name.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 13th, 2011, 9:00 pm

Jaelyn gave a grateful smile to Jokor as he took the hint and ate properly, and Jenni just gave the two a faint grin and knowing look before she started eating her own stew. Jaelyn completely missed the look, instead turning her attention to her Father at Jokor's question.

"I am Atriso Baroth," Jaelyn's father intoned in the same soft monotone he had spoken in before, "Captain Knight of the 2nd Regiment, Gold Quadron," his blue eyes lingered on Jokor for a few moments after he spoke before eventually returning to his food.

The three of them ate in practical silence. It seemed Jenni was the most talkative of them all, but she was content to just eat and smile at everyone, even Jokor. Jaelyn looked like she was trying to be her Father's double, the two eating in a slow, deliberate manner. If Jokor asked for more Jenni would happily provide it.

After some time Atriso finished eating first, and stood up without a word. Placing his hand on Jenni's shoulder for a moment he gave her a soft smile, and then moved over behind Jaelyn. Placing his hands on her shoulders he leaned down and placed another light kiss on the top of her head, "Happy birthday Jaelyn," there was a very subtle hint of something deep beneath his monotone voice.

"Thank you Father," Jaelyn said softly, smiling brilliantly again.

"Jokor," he intoned softly with a polite nod to the boy, and then he quietly left the room.

"Well," Jenni said with a bright smile as she stood up and started to clean off the table, "It was very nice to meet you Jokor. I hope we get to see you again," with that she gave a faintly sly smile to Jaelyn before she moved off to start cleaning up dinner.

Jaelyn's cheeks tinged red once more, and she quickly stood up from the table, motioning for Jokor to do the same, "Goodnight Mother, me and Jokor should be going."

"Take care dear," Jenni said over her shoulder as she scrubbed at the dishes and pot, "And do stop back by sometime, it's always nice to see you."

Leading the way out of the room, and then out of the apartment, Jaelyn paused outside the main door, and then turned the warmest smile she ever had to Jokor, though it was a far cry from the one she had shown at her Father's tender expressions of love, "Jokor, thank you very much for being so polite. I was truly impressed."

It seemed she had been on the right track on bringing Jokor to visit her family. Maybe now he would be a bit more proper, and could start fitting in in Syliras a bit better.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on June 7th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Thread Award!
Jaelyn

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Interrogation 2 --
Philosophy 1 --
Persuasion 2 --
Intimidation 1 --

Lore
N/A

Jokor

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Interrogation 2 --
Philosophy 1 --
Persuasion 2 Arguing; Trying to persuade Jaelyn about Bathing

Lore
N/A

Additional CommentsI want to know what happened at Soothing Waters! #$%^#%@^%^&%!
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous