A Custom Order (Camriska)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Fois on March 16th, 2011, 12:01 am

6th of Spring, 511 AV

”You’re going to be lazy today?” Seleer greeted Fois as he got up from the bed. ”A day off would imply that, wouldn’t it?” Endal stretched his arms and neck. Some exercises in the morning couldn’t hurt. ”Besides, I did brought back a deer from the hunt yesterday, didn’t I?” Fois slowly strolled to the bathing chamber.
”That was a nice change of pace, wasn’t it?” The eagle wasn’t letting him go off easily. ”And technically, I brought it back. On my own back. Along with you.
”That’s part of your job,” Fois replied washing his face. ”Your ’duty to the community’
”Exactly, so don’t go around taking my credit. You hunt, I bring it back. And don’t be mocking me. If you were a better shot, I might have more to contribute.” Fois came back from the bathing chamber, but this time did not reply. ”Did I hurt one of your feelings? Really… You’ve been all sensitive this whole winter. You know, it’s time to grow up. Soon it will be two seasons, and you’re still weeping for the damned bird. Look at yourself, you’re an Endal! Not just some Yasi who lost his parents. Time to let it go already.
”It’s not that,” and it wasn’t. For quite a while already. ”And I did. There’s just no point in arguing with you once you get into the mood.
”Fun is a point,” Seleer wasn’t quick to agree. ”And it’s not ‘arguing’, it’s ‘debating’!” The bird was surely having fun.
”Anyway, I won’t be entirely lazy today,” Fois changed the topic as he was dressing up. ”I might even become a better shot as a result of this,” he added with a smile. Endal had some ideas lying around his head for a while, but he needed a bowyer for that. So today he was off to find one. Fois left the aerie and silence in his head was telling that Seleer had nothing else to say. Peace, for now.
Last edited by Fois on March 21st, 2011, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fois
Player

Words: 126560
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2011, 10:25 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A custom order (Camriska)

Postby Camriska on March 18th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Camriska was humming to herself while she worked in her area of the Arms gallery, she had fletched the amount of arrows she needed for that day and had a few pieces of wood left over and smiled as a couple of them would make wonderful bows...She bit her lip as she knew she was running low...maybe she could get an Endal to fetch her some....but in the mean time she would work. She picked up a another bit of wood and began to carve the stick straight piece of wood to give it a curve, being careful not to take too much from it as she did so wondering if this would make a better composite bow...then she thought about if she had any horn or bone she could use to steady it....before she could stop herself she put the bow down and began to look through her materials for a bit of bone, completely clueless as to anyone who passed by in her search..."AH HA!" she exclaimed finding just barely enough as she ran back to her bow and began to frame the bone to the bow she was crafting, crafting them together and pulling a bit of string as well to begin waxing it to fit the bow.
Camriska
Coveter

Words: 7681
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2011, 11:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A custom order (Camriska)

Postby Fois on March 18th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Fois was walking down the tunnels of Wind Reach away from the aeries without any haste. There was nowhere and no reason to hurry. The Avora would just have started working so there was plenty of time to get there. Occasionally Fois would flex his right shoulder and arm. Seleer wasn’t entirely right. Endal had carried the quarry quite a bit to a place that the eagle could have easily picked it up from. But the muscles weren’t supposed to feel this way, so he assumed that he had been carrying the deer wrong. With similar thoughts on his mind, Fois was sluggishly approaching the Arms Gallery. It didn’t take him too long to find the Avora’s, from whom he had purchased his bow, place, so he walked straight to the door and knocked on it. Fois waited for a while and, since there were no signs of the door opening, knocked again. Still no answer or intent to let him in. Was he wrong? Was it too early? Too late? It couldn’t have been - the Wind Reach was quite active. Fois tried to open the door, but it was locked. The only reasonable conclusion left was that the Avora had a free day today, too.

Fois wasn’t planning to waste his day just because some Avora had the same day off as himself. He looked around wondering if there was any other bowyer that was working this day. Endal walked into and around the Arms Gallery until in one offshoot he saw an Inarta crafting something with her back turned to him. ”You’re a bowyer?” The question was rather redundant. He could see bits and pieces of wood, strings and arrows lying around, so the profession was quite obvious. ”I need a good quiver," Fois stated his reason for coming here in a straighforward manner. "You make those, don't you? My current one doesn’t serve the purpose as good as I want it to.”
Fois
Player

Words: 126560
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2011, 10:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mercury on June 9th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Fois

Skill(s)
  • N/A

Lore(s)
  • Sore Muscles
  • Persistence (Basic)

Method to my Madness: Lores for the writing. Unfortunately it was still to short to award you with any proper skills.

Camriska

Skill(s)
  • Bowing + 1 XP

Lore(s)
  • Bowing a Composite Bow (Basic)

Method to my Madness: I probably gave more than that short post deserved, but think of it as incentive to come back.

You can address any questions or concerns to the little voice in your head. A.K.A. PM me.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Mercury
Poisoning you to insanity, one word at a time

Words: 93204
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook