[flashback] The beginning (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Astrea Rose Griffin on March 17th, 2011, 12:51 am

Season of winter, Day 21, 494 AV - Season of Spring, Day 11, 511 AV

It is always a parents dream to have a beautiful and perfect child. I guess this family was looking for the same dream, but it seemed their child had not been blessed as they wished. If only she weren't marked with the Gnosis of Vexation. If she hadn't she might have been given the chance to live with a wonderful family, but it seemed that the goddess Krysus had another plan with this innocent child named Astrea.

Of course it might have came as a surprise to the parents of this child when they first received her. She was so perfect with her golden eyes and hair, but once they saw the dreaded mark on her hand, an immediate disgust filled their hearts. Everyday the mother would look at her child's hand looking at the crimson veins on her child. Many would wonder why this would happen and that is just what this child's parents did.

They very much well knew what would come to their child. They knew all about the curse all too well due to a close relative being a victim to this curse. Their child would have to inflict some type of pain on someone else otherwise she would die under the dreadful curse. Thankfully she only had one mark otherwise much more damage could be done, but still to have to inflict pain is horrible enough. Worst of all, being the child's parents, they would have to selflessly give in to the pain just to keep their child alive.

Of course the question of why crossed the parents mind, but they never had a direct answer. They mostly wanted to just believe it was a coincidence, but it was far from that. Krysus, goddess of pain and murder simply found this young girl to be a great outlet for increasing pain in the world. Such an innocent soul would come as a surprise to the people she must cause pain to, maybe it was just for entertainment to see how a young girl would take this curse. Maybe the goddess saw an element inside of this child that reminded her of her own will to kill and hurt others. What ever her cause was of bestowing this curse, it would effect this child's life forever.

All these horrible possibilities as to why this child was cursed made these parents cautious. Even the thought of killing the young girl crossed their mind to rid the world of another murderer, but due to their reputation they could not corrupt their social life to do such a thing. Instead they came up with an excuse to be rid of the child, not because of her unwanted curse, but because of the cost of having a child. With this excuse the parents would not have a death on their hands and they would still be apart of the elite group of their society. Instead they sent her away to an Orphanage in Syliras hopping she would find a more loving family to live with who would accept her curse.

Unfortunately no one wanted to adopt a child destined to inflict pain on others so Astrea was forced to live among the orphans. Of course she was even a burden for her care takers since she still had to inflict pain on others, but she tried her hardest to make sure the pain wouldn't be too unbearable for the other children. Still she was never accepted by the care takers so once she turned 17 they quickly released her not wanting anything to do with her. Astrea of course found this as an opportunity to go all over the world and meet new people, maybe even meet someone who will accept her for who she was even though this horrible curse had been forced upon her.
Live for Today, Look Forward to Tomorrow...and don't for get to smile.
Astrea Rose Griffin
Player

Words: 23721
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2011, 2:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on March 31st, 2011, 2:27 am

Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook