Stranded in the frozen tundra (Danyella)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Darren on March 18th, 2011, 11:24 pm

49th of Spring, 511

A chilly spring day in Avanthal almost reaching 12 degrees Fahrenheit but to the people with Morwen's blessing it seemed a decent day to go outside. One of those chosen individuals found himself staring at the sky, lying on his back. "Life why do you trouble me so?"

Darren found himself at the far end of Mirror Lake, thinking of his current situation. He still has yet to find an answer as to why he pushes himself physically while there didn't seem to be much point. Sigh* "Here I am, a huge lug of a man as some of the other Avanthalians would eloquently say with no initiatives other then to becoming strong. But why?" He stared straight up into the sky for as if looking for the answer there, the soft glow of the sun warming his cheek as he looked at it in self reflection. Does it matter?

He got up with new vigor. "That's right...there doesn't have to be a reason. There is just doing. I can't dwell on such things" He said. His recent encounters with Cara caused him to question his own ability to deal with... just about everything. This brooding reached his peak as he found himself carving a hole in the lake with his eating knife. "Ugh, that's it! I need to just work off this anxiety off" he said equipping his gauntlets. He looked at the shine the protective armguard and smiled. Focusing some djed to generally gather in his arm he looked around for something to fight.
Last edited by Darren on March 23rd, 2011, 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Danyella on March 20th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Danyella was meandering around today. Her Dah was in the forge today making an important order and didn't need her today. Since the weather was so nice she went down to Mirror Lake. She. Saw the likeable fool Darren down there carving in the lake. So she made sure she was out of sight and hid behind a snowdrift. She made a bunch of snowballs and held them in her work apron pocket. She plotted her route. The snow drift curved around most of the lake, so she could travel unseen to all sides.

She smiled her eyes a playful blue, and then peeked over the snowdrift. Darren appeared to be practicing fighting skills, when she lobbed a snowball. It soared through the air and began falling toward the ground. It appeared that it would land directly on the top of Darren's head. She quickly crouched and moved to a completely other side of the lake to throw him off from the direction she was in. She figured this would be an entertaining game of cat and mouse.
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 21st, 2011, 5:18 pm

Practicing his motions Darren started gathering his djed into his arms while he was adjusting his gloves. I have to find a better way to make do without this gesture he thought as the flux energies started forming into his upper body. He considered the many ways that this subclass of magic would be used for. Hmm...obviously this art was meant for killing blows but what else...? he thought as he focused on all his djed pathways flowing through his body.

It can be used for support... his djed flow sped up as it moved to improve his circulation, his blood flow, his respiratory systems as he focused the pathways to his core. He felt the energies starting to stagnate around the core while the outermost extremities of his body started growing cold from the lack of energy. The tips of his fingers started to slowly but surely lose color from the lack of nourishment in the general area. His core however was suffering also, it's limits being tested as extra blood and energy violently thrashed around his system. "Tck…have to stop…" he groaned as he released the hold he had on the flux in his system, crashing all the djed back into his system violently. He hunched over a bit in pain as the he the flow of his body's regulatory system reached equilibrium.

He stood there for bit breathing heavily trying to keep a good posture as he regained his breathe. Hmph…now for it's more practical uses he thought as he moved to adjust his gloves again, focusing the networks on his upper body to open up causing a good amount of his body's energies up into his upper body. "And now for the opponent…" he said as he imagined his opponent bearing upon him. Imposing, strong, and threatening to break the relative peace he had in his life. The man was winding up a huge downswing with his weapon, a twisted thing of metal and steel about to smash Darren's head in, he looked upon them still adjusting his gloves as if waiting...

Finally the strike came bearing down, it's strike aimed from overhead threatening to crash down and crush his head. He rushed up on his imaginary opponent when the strike started, a fast step in into his opponent's comfort zone, causing him to be relatively safe from the strike with his hands having the advantage in this small zone. He sent his palm thrust as he raised his arm up cramming as much flux energies into his palm. His arm arched in a shape similar to a right angle as he fondly finished his movement sending out a vicious uppercut. He grinned at the blow, a mixture between using flux and martial arts that would probably shatter someone's jaw and send him up into the air a bit. He then followed up with a quick one-two combination followed by a standing thrust kick. He held his pose for a few seconds before he put his foot down to the ground as he took in a deep breathe. Hmph…I seem to have upper counters down… just gotta work on medium-low blow counters and find a gesture to help me focus for projectiles he thought quietly to himself. Alright lets do that again!

He took his stance again as a wayward snowball found it's way towards him clipping the side of his head before hitting the ground in a collective clump. Ah! he cried out from the sudden attack of cold and wet trauma on his body. He whipped his head back rather annoyed by the sudden intrusion to his training, but caught himself as he smiled. "Berus? Danykins? …Cara?" he called out. He survey'd the area as he look for the possible assailant. Berus is out working today and Cara would more likely throw a fireball instead of a snowball. It has to be Dany he grinned. "Alrighty! fair warning to you my sweet little Dany. I'm not gonna hold back" he called out as he gather flux in his arms upper cupping a nearly snowbank causing a huge tidal wave of snow to envelop the general area.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Danyella on March 24th, 2011, 5:16 pm

She moved behind the massive snowdrift, throwing snowball after snowball when she was behind him careful to never stay still too long or go the same direction. She was about to throw another when the light grew a bit dimmer. She looked up towards the sky and saw big, dark clouds. Her eyes grew wide as every Vanthan knew these clouds. Blizzard, and it moved in so fast.

She hopped over the snow drift and ran to Darren. She pointed to the sky, fear in her eyes evident by their yellowish color. "We have to go! Now!"
Then a large heavy snowflake landed on her nose, and didn't melt. Then more floated down, and more. They were really far from home, and getting caught out here could mean death.
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets