Saved by the... Giant Blue Guy? (Gural)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Blythe on March 20th, 2011, 1:10 am

The Exchange Continues...

83 Winter, 498 AV

Blythe's heart was pounding as she waited for any sort of response. Her scales were sparkling in the pale light, and her hair was tumbling softly around her shoulders. Blythe's palms felt sweaty, and a clump of air had formed in the bottom of her throat. If only he would answer, if only one's fate were known. Blythe's eyes were feeling heavy, and she could feel Adder's breath on her neck. His eyes seemed so hungry, so full of longing, yet so filled with anger as well. Yet, she hadn't done anything to warrant it. It wasn't as though other people were within the Konti's sphere of influence. She couldn't command them to do her bidding, or much else else for that matter. Blythe could only hope.

It is the important things that take a long time to decide.

Blythe waited on Adder, her heart pounding faster and faster until she couldn't take it anymore. Finally mustering the courage, Blythe let the rope fall, and pulled her hands out from behind her back. She thrust her hands onto Adder's body. Palms flat against his skin, and pushed with all her might. It provided Blythe with just enough room for her to get by. She never hesitated for a moment; as soon as Blythe saw the opening, she ran as fast as she could, away from him and the threat of life as a slave.

Blythe quickly rounded the corner, and then, oof! "Sorry, didn't mean to..." Blythe looked up from her feet, as she finished brushing herself off. What is someone like him doing around here? Blythe wondered.

OOCBold is for Blythe's thoughts.
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gural on March 21st, 2011, 10:03 pm

OOCShri is their adopted sister, and helioc should mean something like impotent to the Akalak society. Also, i presumed they were both speaking common, otherwise there might be communication problems between them. :)

Gural was walking slowly through the streets, trying his best to block out any outside noises. Hangover was truly a dreadful thing. Even while he was in full control of the body, he could still feel the shame from losing control, even if it was only for one night. He couldn’t forget any of it yet, Corak wouldn’t let him. Mistakes like getting drunk were usually paid dearly in a neighborhood he was in, he seemed to be in luck this time though; a few nicks, cuts and bruises were present randomly across his body. He didn’t really bother with trying to think of a reason for Corak’s stupidity, he had accepted his foolish ways long ago.

“Trying to remember what happened after the third drink, eh?” Corak added amused.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to do it, so why don’t you tell me?” a cold voiced reply came.

“That wouldn’t be fun, would it now?” stopping for a moment before continuing, Corak was not looking for an answer to his question: “Well there was a bar fight over some girl, and you know me; a truly bred gentleman. So I stepped in a defended the poor thing’s honor, and other parts as well. She was not all that glamorous looking, but boy, was she grateful. Sadly, she did not allow us entry at first, some silly fear of getting pregnant with an Akalak. It took a little persuasion, but I got her to give in after a while!” Corak finally exclaimed happily.

“You cerulest scum, how could you rape that girl?” came a question filled with poorly aimed rage.

“What girl? What rape? Like you said, you don’t remember anything…. And as I like to put it; What you don’t know, can’t hurt you!” Corak forced a calm tone, even while he was in a playful mood.

“You never were much of a drinker, Gural my friend. You need practice, lots and lots of practice; in fact, let us go and get drunk once again, for old time’s sake!” the dark brother proposed.

“Shut up jakri, don’t make me meditate all day, mother Akajia knows you’ll get bored to death if that happens!” Gural tried to enforce a peace treaty upon his twin.

“Fine, asshole” Corak accepted unwillingly.

“You will do yourself well to remember your place, helioc scum!” the one in control pushed it a bit further.

“Well actually, I proved my potency yesterday, how about you? When was the last time you got some ass? Oh, that’s right…. NEVER!!” he laughed as he finished.

“Meditation it is!” Gural finally exclaimed cheerfully.

Something between mumbling and growling could be heard from Corak, before he finally decided to drop the whole subject. And then just as things were getting back in check, something bumped into them. “You should watch where you’re going girl!” came a gasping response to the newcomer. “How about you mend my soul’s pain with some of your pale skin?” the cerulean struggled for control as he spoke.

“I am sorry for that, are you alright?” Gural spoke as soon as he regained control.

“You thieving son of a bitch, give it back!” Corak roared.

“We have the same mother”.

“You know, there are times when I wish you were adopted, just like Shri!” the monster yelled as he could not regain control.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Words: 34400
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 10:58 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Blythe on March 21st, 2011, 11:35 pm

"Excuse me?" Blythe said as she took a cautious step away from the Akalak she had just bumped into. Her muscles were beginning to tense, and she had assumed a crouching position; knees slightly bent, and arms held out to the side, preparing herself for the worst. Uh-oh, it looks like his dark side is in control today. As soon as the thought had crossed Blythe's mind, the light side seemed to say hello.

Blythe straightened herself up. "Yeah... yeah..." Blythe replied as she brushed herself off. It had been quite some time since she had last come across an Akalak, and she had nearly forgotten how two personalities wrestled for control of one body. It must be rough to be one of them. Much like it is difficult for us, as outsiders to determine just who we are talking to sometimes.

Blythe giggled as the two souls argued with one another. "Are you alright over there?" Blythe asked. "You seem to be having quite the argument with your darker half." Her eyes seemed to glimmer as she flashed a shy smile. "You didn't expect me to know about that did you... um... what did you say your name was?" Blythe asked, as she stuck out her right hand for the Akalak to shake. She waited a moment for Gural to reply to her last question before she asked, "what are you doing in Sunberth anyway? It doesn't exactly seem the place for one of either of our kind. Although, a Konti is more than likely a little more out of place..." her voice trailed off as she began to shiver. The Konti could not help but feel as though someone where watching her.

Is Adder looking for her? Or has he simply given up his so-called un-lucky charm? Blythe wondered. Maybe he noticed Blythe talking to him, and is simply biding his time before he tries to take her back. After all, to just about anything and anyone other than another Akalak, the guy is sure to be quite intimidating. But perhaps that is a good thing. Maybe it will keep Adder away... permanently. But then again... if the dark brother took over, she could wind up in even more trouble with him than she had been with Adder. Blythe's eyes seemed to fade. Only time will tell.

"Were you going anywhere in particular? Perhaps you'd like some company?" Blythe asked, finally deciding that it was best to risk remaining in his presence. After all, she didn't know if being around him was a good or a bad thing... yet. What she did know, however, was that if Adder found her again, she was sure to be a slave.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gural on March 22nd, 2011, 12:26 pm

First signs of surprise could be read on Gural’s face, as he smiled faintly, looking at the girl a bit closer. Most people would be downright terrified if they came across an Akalak who had shown even the slightest sign of losing control, especially women; but the girl remained friendly, clingy even. He knew she was running away from something, maybe he should just ask her? “Would she even tell the truth?” he wondered. The reasons were almost always obvious in a forsaken place like Sunberth, and all possible trouble a girl had could have been split in three directions, usually at least. She was running away from rape, slavery or death… though a combination of the before mentioned could have been easily possible as well. Nothing was truly foreign to one’s nature, Corak had taught him that much. Realizing he came off as if he was staring a bit too much, he replied to her questions: “My predicament with Corak is no business of yours, just like I will not ask you what were you running from” his speech subsided for a bit, as he could hear a voice in his head: “Well, whatever it was, it sure as hell isn’t as scary as we are!” the shout was full of cheer, proud even.

“Most races know of the dual nature of my people, and choose to stay clear of us for that very reason. Don’t get me wrong, it is a good choice, it just gets irritating at times. You on the other hand must be truly desperate to trust your safety to a stranger in the middle of the street, even more so when one of his personalities wants to rape you” he wasn’t kind nor harsh, just precise.

“And people say I’m the logical one!” Gural smirked, even if the Konti could not hear Corak, he was still a bother.

“I don’t remember giving out my name, but if it pleases you, Gural is just fine. How about you, what do they call you?” he added with a cold tone, unsure if he even wanted to know her name. “Sunberth is a home away from home for Corak; and after a few domestic issues, he was in control for a while” he bowed his head lower as he spoke. Noticing the shivers as they went up her body, he added briefly: “You shouldn’t be scared, I am more than likely stronger than anything behind you. The fact your pursuer has not yet stepped forth proves this” he added calmly. He was not trying to be compassionate, nervous people just got on his nerves, and it was hard to control Corak if his mind wasn’t calm.

“You are not here of your own choice either it seems, that is something we have in common girl. I was searching for a way out of this weird place, a way back to my family. It’s a fact that your safety is assured with me, but the only place you can follow me towards is Riverfall. While the position of a Nakivak would be put upon your shoulders there, I doubt your people would find it different from slavery” he shrugged as he finished.

“You really should tell me where to lead you; so I can return to more pressing things once I know you’re safe” he stated obviously.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on March 22nd, 2011, 6:51 pm

"As you wish, it needs not be spoken of," Blythe replied with a curt nod. It's so strange, so many we have met, besides Konti and Akalak of course, do not seem to know the true nature of the Akalak mind. The war that seems to rage inside of them, each and every day. Light and dark, each trying to keep and maintain their control over their brother; their counterpart. The one thing that makes them complete. "Blythe," she finally replied. Dualism. She sighed. Which of the two brothers is he? He acts distant, and kind enough, and yet, the way he speaks makes it appear as though their lines have blurred. Perhaps he is rapidly changing back and forth. The mind that is in control, constantly changing... It seemed like Gural was the lighter brother, Corak the dark one. And yet they seem to blur and become one, a giant blue man unsure of his actions. How he should think or feel. Although she had experienced such things with the other Akalak she had come into contact with in the past, Blythe couldn't help but feel new to it all. So very fascinated by his mind.

"If our end goal is the same, perhaps we can help each other, Gural," Blythe began. "We both seem to want to return home, so perhaps we could help each other to the end of the city, keep each other company. Once we are there we can always go our separate ways." Blythe paused for a moment. "After all, if one managed to get themselves into the city, they should be able to take themselves back out too." A steady breeze had started to rustle her hair, Blythe tucked it behind her ears as she looked up at the Akalak and awaited and answer. But then, of course, she thought to add the words, "but if you don't want the company, then we could part ways here. It'll be alright." Of course, that was a flat-out lie, and her brain was now screaming, you can't let him leave! Adder will come back and kill you!

OOCJust plain chatting can be a drag, so expect a plot twist next post >.<
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gural on March 22nd, 2011, 9:37 pm

OOCSurprise me! :)
“Were all the Konti such poor liars?” Gural could not help but wonder as the girl told him it would be fine if he went away. No honorable Akalak in their right mind would abandon someone in need out of a whim, but she most likely did not know that. So why was she even trying to act brave? If she had a death wish, he could grant it just by walking away. “Propose that bitch the following; If she wants our protection, she should work her ass off for it…. And I am quite literal on that one” Corak whispered lustfully.

“She does not want our protection, she just needs protecting. And even if I was to protect her, what do you care if we get anything out of it, you were never asked to take part…. Stay dormant or shut up!”

“Could you at least ask her to flash her tits or something?” the idiot added, full of hope.

“Corak!!!”

“I’m just messing with you, we both know you’re gay anyway” laughing as he ended, Corak slowly reduced himself to silence.

Gural thought about asking his twin for directions, as he was not quite sure where they were, but he figured that if he keeps going in one direction, he had to reach the city’s boundaries eventually. In any case, he was far too proud and not even closely desperate enough to ask the cerulest scum within him for anything. “All the Konti seem to be bad liars, you remind me of my sisters” he added through something he thought was a smile.

“I am strong, but I am not omnipotent, stick close if you value your life. Well, you could always walk away too, I guess; if you really want to die that much” he continued with the morbid humor a bit longer.

“Enough man, if this is your idea of flirting then no wonder you haven’t gotten laid yet! Get your marbles together and ask her something personal..like… uhm, I know, ask her if she likes it rough?!” the tone was that of an interested person this time.

“I thought you agreed to stay quiet?” Gural asked.

“Desperate times call for desperate measures, my frie…. Usurping asshole!”

“You know, sometimes I think you were born a Konti…. You just understand the feelings of everyone so well” the tone came out calm, but barely.

“Ahhh! Shut up!” Corak exclaimed.

“Well if you would just look at that irony” even while he knew Blythe would probably consider him weird for it, he started laughing; just like a man telling jokes to himself.

“So Blythe, do you have anyone back home waiting for you?” he asked nonchalantly. He didn’t really care about her life, but if there was one thing he always found interesting, regardless of the race, then it was family. He could hear shouts of disapproval coming from within his head, as if he had done something terribly wrong or unforgivable, but he just didn’t care…. He had other matters to tend to.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on March 22nd, 2011, 10:47 pm

"Oh thank you," Blythe blushed as the Akalak caught her in a lie. She felt so foolish for trying, especially when it seemed so very obvious that she was. The two began to step away from where they had met, and Blythe, it seemed, was the one who did all the talking. "Well, we Kontis have large families. Three sisters, a mother and grandmother, the first of one's nieces, all waiting back in Mura. How about You Gural? Do you have family in Mura, or is everyone..." Blythe was cut off instantly by the presence of a newcomer. Her lavender eyes grew wide when she recognized the person standing before them.

Of course, his hood had been pulled away from his face, so it took Blythe a moment to realize it. The second guard, the one Adder hadn't managed to kill, was standing before each of them. Although the man was taller than she, the human failed to so much as come close to Gural's height. He looked no more than six feet tall. His long green cloak fluttered ominously in the wind behind his broad shoulders, exposing his right hand, which was curled around the hilt of a small, curved dagger, the steel blade no longer than eight inches. His skin relatively dark, as though it had seen too much sun. It reminded Blythe of the sand that lined the beach back at home. His eyes were an icy blue, and a thin red line seemed to divide the left one in half. It appeared as though the man had gotten it recently.

"Where is Adder?" the man spat at Blythe's feet.

"Adder is among the missing," Blythe replied. The man seemed to be casting his gaze at the Akalak who stood beside her. Internally, she was smiling, surely the human isn't foolish enough to start a fight. Or perhaps, bloodthirsty enough is a better word. The guard took a step closer. "No matter, he's not worth going after anyway, now that the boss is dead, it leaves one with far more options don't you think? To make money on their own." The man took a step closer to Blythe and Gural.

The Konti was trying not to cringe, or to run behind Gural's body, grab each of his arms, peek her head out from behind him, and pretend she was no longer there. To run away, like a child. Thankfully, Blythe didn't run for cover, but she did seem to cringe, at least at first. Her heart was pounding in her chest, and her palms were growing sweaty. If the human starts a fight, would Gural help her, or leave her to die?

"Pity then, that the old half-blood left you," the guard continued as he eyed Blythe predatorily, almost possessively. He was beginning to lift his blade from behind the folds of his woolen cloak. It was flashing in the sunlight, reflecting the growing level of fear in the Konti's eyes. "Surely, one could fetch quite the price for your head, or your heart." The man had pulled his dagger out completely now. It was shimmering ominously in the sun, much like the scales that lined Blythe's forehead. "But then again, unfortunately for the likes of me, you are worth far more alive... and unused." Blythe gulped. Why oh why had her sisters managed to convince her to go to Sunberth in their stead?

OOCHooray for surprises! Um... in case you hadn't read the previous thread, Adder is the guy who captured Blythe after she passed out the night before and pissed him off, he decides to try selling her to a few slavers, the latter of which was named Nero. When they couldn't decide on a price, the two get into a fight. Nero and one of his guards is killed. The other guard remained outside, and has appeared to finally notice what happened a little late. Who doesn't like a good fight after all? Unarmed is always good...
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gural on March 23rd, 2011, 7:54 pm

OOCOOOOOH, shiny! xD In any case, be gentle with me please :).
Just as Blythe was getting relaxed, it eased some of the strain of Gural’s headache; till the moment a mere Human decided he was important enough to stand in their wake. Eyeing the human curiously, he could not help but respect his courage, or dying wish… whatever it was, it was uncommon. “You should kick the son of a bitch before he gets a chance to draw his blade out” Corak suggested. His lust for blood was sorely apparent; it was so ominous that even Gural wondered if he could contain him in the worst case scenario. The worst possible solution was, as always, shedding blood. By the looks of him, the man in front of him could not harm them, and he too should have been aware of that fact.

“I said kill him, dammit!” from a formal proposal, the voice was already turning into maddening screeches of bloodlust, swirling in his mind.

“Not all people rush to the embrace of Dira ‘less they have to, unlike you” Gural replied calmly, but even he knew that it was all a lie. Something bad was bound to happen, and if he was alone, it would have been a much simpler situation. As the man spoke, it agitated even the calmer brother. Such ego! To think he could go toe to toe with an Akalak, or did he actually think he was intimidating enough to take the Konti without a fight, either way he was a moron.

He eyed the man with wariness while he spoke: “Forget the money, forget the girl, and forget your stupid revenge; turn around and leave now, this is not a suggestion!” he ordered the man just as calmly as if he was speaking with Corak.

“I don’t think he will listen” the cerulean added hopefully.

Not moving his gaze away from the stranger, he spoke to Blythe: “Move back, stand behind me if you so wish, just don’t do anything stupid” he could feel his pulse quicken as he saw the blade glimmer in the daylight.

“That poor little Konti doesn’t know something, you are not sending the man away because you find him trivial; NO! You are sending him away because you are afraid to commit murder, aren’t you? You know better than anyone how quickly that will set me free” the voice could not help but express pity. Corak more than likely found it shameful that someone was afraid of a good old fashioned mayhem. Gural knew that his brother had a point, but he would not acknowledge his weakness so easily.

“I repeat, the girl is with me, leave now and never come back!” Gural added once again. He thanked the gods Corak had not taken the lakan with him this time. Cringing his teeth, he could feel that he was getting restless…. This needed to end quickly. The man had made a mistake by coming so close, the only thing he had to depend on was the advantage of range. Not waiting for the Human to see the error of his ways, he quickly shifted all of his weight to his left leg, while he threw a kick to the man’s chest with the other. What was going to happen next, only time would tell.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Character sheet

Postby Blythe on March 24th, 2011, 12:01 am

The man chuckled. "While she may look little more than a girl, she is surely older than myself. Perhaps even you. It is like the Konti women to age that way," the slaver replied as he took a half step closer to Gural and Blythe. His voice was cold, his tone hinting at the fact that he was about ready to pounce.

Blythe took a half step back, so that she was a little closer to Gural. Looks like he will help you out after all.

"As for you, Akalak, you should know the price of the one who wish to protect," the slaver continued. "Worth thousands of golden mizas, she is." He paused. "And we don't even know which of their goddesses she is marked by. The healers will fetch more, you know." With that, he turned to Blythe. "Which of your goddesses has claimed you?" he asked, as his head tilted to the side. Blythe didn't answer, she knew better than that now. She took a half step back again, her left foot was still raised, only her toes pressing into the street, while the right foot was firmly planted on the ground. Blythe's hands were trembling.

The slaver turned back to Gural. "Perhaps it is a good thing she is with you, Akalak. Your kind fetches a bit too, and may easily be sold into life as a body guard. Perhaps even to the pits." He paused, smiling wickedly as he side-stepped to the right. His weapon flashing in the light. "You would do quite well in the pits, your kind always does. Usually the crowd favorites." He chuckled. "I should take both of you back with me. Each of you, in your own ways, can provide a slaver with so much." His eyes were glimmering menacingly.

"Now, Akalak, you wish to fight, don't you?" the man taunted. "It will be fair enough. Man against the blue giant. The lady surely won't help you," he chuckled. "Especially if she struggled with the half-blood." So now he thinks we're useless, and that he's stronger than Adder. Lovely, this day is simply turning out sooooooo well as of right now.

The slaver took a step closer to them, and then lunged for Blythe. His right foot shot out, soon followed by the left. His right arm reached out for her; the blade adding a few more inches in length. Startled, Blythe side-stepped to the right, dodging his attack. This guy isn't kidding, he wants the two of you.

"Come on Akalak, fight me. It'll be no fun taking the two of you in if you don't present a challenge," he grunted. "And you, Konti," he hissed, "better have already been spent. Even if it won't fetch me as good a price, it'll mean that we get to have even more fun," he finished, as his body twirled to the right, and his blade followed. It sliced through the air in a circle, and at this point, could have hit anyone standing by. Blythe ducked, and extended her arms towards the slaver. Blythe tried to push against his legs, so that he would stumble backwards and away from her, or fall. Perhaps if he fell, it'd be easier to get rid of him. Of course, as her knees curled into her chest and she pushed, Blythe found herself with little reach and power to push. Her hands only seemed to tap the slaver as he rounded on Gural, lunging for the Akalak's heart.

Blythe got to her feet, and stood a little closer to the wall. Surely this couldn't be good.

OOCSo um, fighting scenes, not something I am too, too good at. So if something is unclear, feel free to tell me and I'll see what I can do to fix it up. Also, I apologize, I know this is a lot of text all at once.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gural on March 28th, 2011, 8:19 pm

OOCSorry for being late.
Gural was getting angry! The man dared to look down on both him and the Konti, but with what right? “I could always get rid of him for you?” Corak proposed. The violent part of him was already sensing weakness, the difficulty of controlling the body became more and more present, and while he knew Corak could not feel the things in the same way he did, he guessed he could sense the decline in power of his counterpart. He was just about to cave in and try to make a deal with the cerulean, when the man jumped forth.

“Evade and then strike swiftly, just like we were taught!” the dark brother warned him, before he could even decide what to do. “I know Corak, I know, you’ll just have to trust me on this one”

“Fine, just don’t get all emotional on me for god’s sake!” a voice echoed in the Akalaks head as he started moving in order to prevent the strike from happening. First move was a backwards slide, letting his opponent’s blade rush past him. As the continuation of his actions, he reached his arm out, in order to grab the man by the wrist. If that had worked, next thing he was going to do would be striking the man with his other hand, aiming on the lower side of the arm, slightly higher up than the elbow. Twisting the man’s wrist to the side, the Akalak would try to turn the blade away from him before pulling the man closer so he could launch an open handed direct at the stranger’s elbow. During all this, Corak could not stop laughing, expecting a bloody finish. Blood and guts spilled all over the city streets, or merely a shout of excrutiating agony… anything was enough for Corak to fulfill his hopes for what he considered a happy ending.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Character sheet

Next